Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Epic Chatroom of EPICNESS.  (Read 9659 times)

Zane

Re: Epic Chatroom of EPICNESS.
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2012, 10:47:06 pm »
DawNoFTeHDaE says:

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, both of you. my vessel has several AI's on it. But they are single function AIs, I call them sentinels. Tell me Trotzige, do you have a mobile mecha suit?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2012, 11:19:28 pm »
ImpKngtCmdrWvT says:

Single-function AI's? Haven't seen one of those since I was barely a hatchling... That takes me back a ways.

MICO/SYSAD/COMM_TZ says:

I have several. (Thank the Mutti for chat mode.) A handful of customizable personal suits designed for specific mission types, most vehicles, and other suits I'm not at liberty to discuss. As for single-function AI's, I find it difficult to see the point in having them. Multi-role AI's are generally more useful.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Zane

« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2012, 11:26:13 pm »
DawNoFTeHDaE says:

They serve their purpose. I would make Multi-function but I'm not yet at my creator's level. Although I have made the sentinels so the can be reprogrammed easily as to change the task they do. An AI with a functioning brain is very, very complex. I don't know how my creator did it. (But I'm learning)

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2012, 11:40:37 pm »
ImpKngtCmdrWvT says:
I can relate. Just doing a pet AI's hard enough, let alone a sentient, sapient AI like T.Z.

MICO/SYSAD/COMM_TZ says:
I must say, been a while since I last spoke with an alien AI. How long have you been online?
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Zane

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »
DawNoFTeHDaE says:

I've been online for seven years. Pilot of my vessel for six and a half.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2012, 12:15:36 am »
MICO/SYSAD/COMM_TZ says:

I've been online for... long enough to remember the old singles. I was state-of-the-art back then. Still am, given my creator's company does my upgrades with their best tech, but I still feel old with all the shinies around.

Did something happen to your creator?

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Zane

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2012, 08:53:45 am »
DawNoFTeHDaE says:

He disappeared not to long ago. I have no idea what happened to him. I've been searching but it's been over six months and I still don't have a lead.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2012, 11:46:50 am »
MICO/SYSAD/COMM_TZ says:

Disappeared? Interesting...

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Zane

« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2012, 12:03:51 pm »
DawNoFTeHDaE says:

The last time I had contact with him. he was venturing into Aedolis, then he just seems to have walked into the void if you get what I mean. It helps in searching that is can sift through upwards of three thousand data sources at once but there are secure networks that I can't get into. As for example Thanatos INC.s TRIM space station or the Aedolis Network. I'm almost sure that I could find him if I could get into either of these networks.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2012, 12:14:41 am »
MICO/SYSAD/COMM_TZ says:

Aedolis... Sorry. I'd help if I could, but that world's a No Contact world. The entire crew of this ship could be held and interrogated on suspicion of treason if I even attempted a break-in, and that's just if I don't get caught by the Aedolians... I could try to get approval from the Emperor, but he'd never go for it without good reason. I'll keep an eye on the situation and assist when I can, though. I should probably note that pirates tend to not care about such things.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Zane

« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2012, 12:23:07 am »
DawNoFTeHDaE says:

I'll find him eventually. It's nice two know I won't be the only one searching. But anyway, how are things on your end. I take it (because you called me an alien AI) that you are not from this solar system. Makes me curious as to where you hail from. But I'm just being nosy, if you can't tell me (as you are military and such info could be confidential) I would understand.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2012, 12:35:44 am »
MICO/SYSAD/COMM_TZ says:

You are correct. I can tell you where I was born, but not where I serve. I was born on Punane Tolm, which technically makes my full name Trotzige Schwert von Punane Tolm. Most of the crew addresses me as T.Z., however, as I prefer the nickname. I am not permitted to tell you which system or galaxy that's in, but I will say it's not this galaxy.

Things on my end are okay, I suppose. Tensions run a bit high on missions such as this, so I'm frequently put on alert only to be put back on standby as ships stray too close or have discrepancies between what they claim and what sensor data tells us, or how they behave, or other factors. Then there's the pirates bold enough to actually hit something their own size or bigger...

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Zane

« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2012, 12:45:49 am »
DawNoFTeHDaE says:

In my years of being a pilot (short as they may be) I've never had a pirate (or a pirate fleet for that matter) straight out attack my vessel. There have been some close calls (they will get in real close and make a show of charging their weapons) but I just fire a shot across the nose and they back off. Nuclear battery cannons tend to have that affect. But I think they have a game of how much stupidity they can express and live through. the bigger and the stronger looking the vessel the more points they get?

Another explanation could be that they don't know what your vessel is capable of. Since you are from another galaxy I would assume you have technologies that we don't. Therefore they would have no Idea what outboard systems are weaponized.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2012, 01:01:51 am »
MICO/SYSAD/COMM_TZ says:

Actually, many know exactly what they're after, and most of the ones that actually attack have decent, if obsolete, weaponry. One pair stands out, though, if only because their ships are stolen property from an ally, but those two, thankfully, do not go after us very often.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Zane

« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2012, 01:11:08 am »
DawNoFTeHDaE says:

My I have the names of the pair? Although I trust my ship I still do not wish to provoke a potentially dangerous enemy.

Imperial Knight Commander? Are you still there? I did not intend to ignore you but you might know the saying "God laughs at manmade plans". If you want I could send you a file with what I know about sentient AI systems for your pet AI. T.Z. could review the file to make sure it doesn't break regulation.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2012, 01:26:59 am »
MICO/SYSAD/COMM_TZ says:

Avarice and Warmonger. Both stolen Tartarian ships. The latter happens to have had a stolen Holy Lance antimatter cannon integrated into it. Other than that, they use ballistic weapons, though you should not underestimate the power of said ballistics. Their accelerators are designed to punch through multiple ships at once. They've also got plasma shields, which means most physical and many energy weapons are utterly useless. You'd have to have enough power to punch through them, and, even then, if you're relying on mass, there has to be enough left after all six layers to actually damage the ship. Even if their weapons are a bit... lacking in sophistication... humans tend to excel when it comes to shields. Each ship has also got plenty of fighters, AI support, jamming, and Avarice has been rumored to have a fighter specifically outfitted to take down shields. The two ships are almost always together, and, when they aren't, it's an ambush.

Based on the status of his terminal and the time, I'd say he's probably gone to spar with his squad. I'd be more than happy to forward the file to him, but you'd have to leave it for me to retrieve. I'm not allowed to receive direct file transfers from external networks.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Zane

« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2012, 01:48:44 am »
DawNoFTeHDaE says:

Yikes! Sounds like a nasty pair indeed. Perhaps you could send me the specs of said ships so I can recognize them immediately. My vessels main offensive/defensive capabilities are the aforementioned Nuclear battery cannons, which can force a nuclear fission reaction upon contact with a super solid mass. And Ion backed disintegration lasers which work on taking apart incoming projectiles on a sub-particle level. We have a few other surprises but I will keep those to myself as to protect my vessel.

As for the Ai file I will leave it on the Dae network. My ship's public network. there is only one other file there so it should be easy to find.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »
RumInATinCan says:
Oi, SassAndAss, you still around?

gearheadSpellweaver says:
So this is the famous 'chatroom' I've been being pestered about.  This was entirely worth taking time out of my daily tinkering. -_- <(#)

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal