Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What Have I Gotten Myself Into?...((--Nicky!--))  (Read 2773 times)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 04:08:42 am »
Skah shrugged. "I don't think that's what I meant," he said. "It's weird...I don't remember anything in my past. I only remember being alone. My mother and father, my childhood...it's like they've never existed. My past is...I don't know, like a missing chapter from a book." His silvery eyes looked away from Katrina for a second, as if he was trying to recall anything that happened before becoming eighteen. But no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't remember.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2007, 07:46:09 am »
"I know that wasn't what you meant. I was trying to find the bright side of it." She explained quietly as she fiddled with her nearly empty glass. She wasn't even sure why she did that: look for the bright side. It had always driven Nik crazy, but it still hadn't broken her of the incessant need to find light in every situation.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 10:00:41 am »
Finding the bright side of things...that was a term Skah had become familiar with only a few days ago. To him, it meant finding humor in otherwise sticky situations. "Maybe that's why I come here...to think about the...bright sides in life." He hesitantly added the last part because he has yet to learn how to apply the term effectively. "Like some people say I'm stupid because I have...what was it called?...ame...amnee...am er?" He struggled for the word.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 01:03:54 pm »
"Amnesia?" She asked quietly. "I would hardly think a person stupid for something they can't control" What sort of people called a person with an ailment as serious as amnesia stupid? But then again, there were those that considered the mentally challeged to be stupid as well now that she thought about it. Really, people weren't so nice in the universe.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 06:45:19 pm »
Skah nodded. "Yeah, that's the word. They insult me cuz I can't remember things very well. But I've come to think that having...amnesia... isn't really a bad thing. It just means I get that fresh start that most others don't get. Just because I have anmesia doesn't mean I'm completely hopeless." Skah had been told that by an individual who pitied him, and since then, he kept that to heart.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 08:48:18 pm »
"No, you're not hopeless" Katrina assured with confidence. "You get a fresh start, and don't have to deal with the baggage of childhood most people carry around with them." Her eyes were drawn once again to his wings. "Can you fly?" She couldn't help it. She was a girl who'd been deprived of pretty things and now had one sitting right in front of her, mesmerising her at every turn.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 04:11:11 am »
Skah looked at her incredulously, but with a smirk. "Isn't that what wings are for? Of course I can fly," he said, "but definitely not here and not now. Since the biosphere is closed for repairs, I haven't flown in over a month."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 02:51:45 pm »
She shrugged "Ostriches have wings and they can't fly, and neither can Penguins" She pointed out, eyes on her knees as her cheeks flamed red again. It had sounded like much stupider question after he had replied than it had when she thought it. She didn't quite understand the biosphere, but she certainly wasn't going to compound her stupidity by asking him about it now.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 07:26:21 am »
Skah cocked his head to one side. "What are ostriches and penguins?" he said, a look of confusion. He really didn't know, so it was an innocent question.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 04:00:41 pm »
"Both are kinds of birds...from earth." She said as she considered best how to explain it. "The ostritch is very fast on land, long legs, but short wings. The penguin lives in the arctic, and they use their wings more as flippers to swim through the water." To be honest, she wasn't even sure if they had existed within her lifetime, but she had read about them in her grandparent's text books.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 09:41:51 am »
Skah was still a bit confused at this, but he decided to lose the topic altogerther. "Oh...okay," he said. He had always wanted to visit this "earth"...that big rock orb that this station was orbiting about. "Say, Katrina, have you ever been there? To Earth?" he asked.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 09:42:53 pm »
Katrina nodded "That's where I grew up...but it was nicer then...or possibly my parents managed to preserve the part I saw growing up. They did some odd things in their lives." She commented. "Thinking of going?" Somehow, she didn't much like the idea of him going by himself. It seemed likely he would get himself confused and lost or in trouble.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 04:18:11 am »
Skah nodded. "Yeah, I'm thinking about it...I've been on this ship for as long as I can remember, and I'm thinking of getting off it...but...I heard the earth is dying." His silver eyes had a look of sorrow in them.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 07:53:53 am »
Katrina nodded, the sorrow in his eyes mirrored in her own. "It is" She admitted. "There's a lot of talk about it, but I don't think they'll actually be able to fix it. Still, if you wanted to see it while it's still there, I'd be willing to go with you. I've never seen it in its true state." She wasn't sure she wanted to see it, but still felt she needed the dose of reality seeing the earth as it really was, would provide.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 10:04:27 am »
Skah smiled. "I'd like that," he said. Suddenly, he felt like an eager, innocent child inside. "How about we go right now?"

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 10:11:14 pm »
Katrina smiled, gently running a finger under her eye to ensure that the tiny prickle of tears had not caused her mascara to run. "Sure, why not" She said, taking the last of her drink. "Do you have transportation? I don't." She wrinkled her nose just a little as memories of her recent travels came to mind. Unpleasant to say the least.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 04:19:25 am »
Skah paused. Transportation? Oh yes, one of those starships he'd always see out of the window. "I don't have a starship, if that's what you mean," Skah admitted sheepishly. He then remembered something labeled "Escape Pod" embedded in the wall of his room. "But there is an...escape pod in my room. Maybe we could use that."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 10:13:13 am »
"Well, I don't know anything about escape pods, but I suppose if it can be driven...or flown, then it could be used." She said thoughtfully. "Might as well try it. Ready?" She paid her tab to the barkeep, and turned the rest of her attention to Skah.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 05:59:22 pm »
Skah smiled a genuine, innocent smile. "Of course. Let me show you to my room," he said, folding in his wings tightly against his back and holding out a hand, waiting for Katrina to take it.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 11:33:48 pm »
Katrina took his hand in a dainty fashion, as if he were her escourt to dinner, or formal event. "I don't think I've ever seen earth as it really is" She said, her eyes shimmering with excitement. Skah gave her no cause for alarm, so even though he was escourting her to his room, she thought nothing of it. She was getting in a pod that might or mightnot run, and planning on traveling to a dying planet with a souled angel she had just met-- but none of it crossed her mind. She had company again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal