Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Zappin' Bugs plotness! (LIbran Fighters ahoy)  (Read 508 times)

Anonymous

Zappin' Bugs plotness! (LIbran Fighters ahoy)
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:37:34 pm »
Righto!  So you guys may have noticed that we've started our cool pirate hunting thread with the new Libran Squad.  This should be awesome.  For those who don't know, Squad 77 is our squad of Libran Fighter craft, TOPZ and OZ (see Vin's profiles for more information).  Er, there are technically more squads, but I figured it'd be more fun if all the players were in one together, sooo there you have it.

Anyway, they're all going pirate hunting ('bug zapping') (see thread). And, as I've said, awesomeness will ensue, because we're all awesome and we get to chase and shoot things and talk to each other over radio headsets and so on.

To make it even more awesome, I had this idea.  Now, I don't want to plot too much or anything, so what happens in the middle is up to you guys, but here was my idea:

Eventually, Squad 77 is going to get ambushed by some pirates hiding behind some sort of cloaking field, very strong, probably barely detectable with scanners, near Edani space.  We'll be taken by surprise and have to fight.  Maybe some of us'll take damage.  Anyway, behind the cloaking field is an Edani freighter, idling, dead crew, records of an attack by Libran craft.

What the hell?  

That's all.  What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Zappin' Bugs plotness! (LIbran Fighters ahoy)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 05:57:32 pm »
*is excited* I should be posting with Ary and Sedaris tomorrow, or tonight if I feel the inspiration.

It sounds like a very cool idea Sam-o.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 01:46:01 am »
Do you think there's some space for my Alizee crew in this storyline? They're allied with Seruna, and one of them is from Edanith. They're mercenaries, but Benny has a good heart... and pirates would have an interesting bounty on their heads, no?

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:09:35 am »
Well, if you can think of a reason for them to be there, go for it.  Probably not right away, though--it is a military mission, after all.  But when things get interesting (pirates, shooting, etc.), why not?  Er, there's some risk of your guys getting mistaken for pirates and shot that you might want to try to counter somehow, but I'm sure there'll be a moment when it makes sense for you to come in.  This thread'll probably take awhile...

*pokes people to post*

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 03:12:11 pm »
*edit* nevermind
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:56:46 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 08:06:11 pm »
We can talk about this over IM if you have any questions.

Okay, guys, I'm really and truly psyched that so many people are in on this thread!  It does mean, however, that I'd like to try to keep it coherent and kind of organized.  So, thus far, here's what I foresee happening:

-The Librans spot a cluster of pirates quite far away, and pursue.  
-The pirates flee toward the cloaked Edani ship and hide behind their cloaking field.
-Librans: 'What?  They disappeared!'  Pursue.  Scan.  'Wtf is that strong cloaking field--oh, shit--"
-Pirates emerge and attack.  Chaos ensues.  At some point some of us explore the wreck of the Edani freighter.

Additional note:

-The Edani freighter's records, if opened, will indicate it was attacked by Librans, barely escaped under its cloaking field, and soon suffered systems failure.  All crew are dead and the ship's suffered major damage, apart from the still-operative field.  Ask me more later.

Sound good?  Anyone have any questions, contributions, comments?  I just wanted to put up a framework so we're all on the same page, but if anyone's got another idea, I'm listening.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 01:41:39 pm »
Sounds pretty awesome to me! But uh. I guess you already knew that. Uh huh. 8|

But yeah, it sure does look to be fun.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 01:20:03 pm »
Psst, hey! Not quite the right thread to mention this, but I figure it's the right group of people, anyway. ;)

With an exam (or two) per week, things are kind of teetering on the edge of OH NO TOTAL FAIL 8| as I seem to be constantly studying for something, so I think I'm gonna keep it to one thread for now, just in case. You can assume that Finn had to beg out on the Cancer trip (I can post it on Squad 77's board if you like!) for unknown reasons, or that he went along and basically just chilled out the entire time -- he gets even mellower with a couple beers in him.

See you all in the other thread! And after I manage to sort out what's going on with my summer courses, maybe in some other threads, too. xD

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 01:33:50 pm »
Good luck Kin! Don't get too overwhelmed.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 02:18:33 pm »
Yes, don't worry about it!  Real life comes first, and the zappin' bugs thread isn't really frenetically paced right now, in case you hadn't noticed.  Best of luck with everything.

On a related note, I do want to move things along a little.  If I post in it on, say, Friday evening, will people be all right with that?  Let me know.  We're still arranging things around Black Hawk, who's very sadly begged off for now, but I hope we can still get this thread together--it should be really exciting.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 03:06:58 pm »
Friday evening is A-OK with me! Actually, anything's okay with me. The good thing about keeping it down to one thread is that there's a lot less other stuff to worry about.

(On a completely unrelated note, I was just watching a biochem lecture, and all of a sudden the video cut out to some weird movie/something?! for a split second, and then returned to the lecture like nothing was out of the ordinary. It was weird.)

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 11:49:57 pm »
Re: My post in the thread

I've spoken with Sam. I am the pirate faction.

All faceless NPCs are fair game a la TVTropes, but Wes is a special NJC and is equipped with a plot shield. He will upgrade to a joined character after this thread, and his death would not be appreciated.

Since they've no doubt been detected by Libra's tactical officers, Squad 77 will come looking for them. Large battle ensues, and some of them may flee to the Edani freighter's cloaking field.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:20:46 am by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 12:15:32 am »
Sounds good!  Thanks, Alaina.  Your pirates are awesome.

For now, let's forge ahead and, once alerted as to pirate activity, pursue the ones Alaina's posted thus far.  If anyone has any questions, post here or PM me.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 04:16:21 pm »
...I hope y'all aren't waiting for me. D: I'd feel terrible.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 01:54:25 am »
I'm not--I'm just delinquent and have been drawing instead of writing.  Don't worry.  I'd love if it you did find you wanted to post, though. <3

THAT said, what do people think about loosening up on post order and letting people post however they want in this?  I mean, it's not like order is incredibly important, and if people are having fun playing with their partners or whatever...

Anyway, I'll go next within a day or two!  I'm just a bad person.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal