Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: All The Stars In Between  (Read 7737 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: All The Stars Inbetween
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 11:20:27 pm »
"Uhh..." Cordelia stared at him for a moment, "Caiber. Sure." A squint at him before turning away to look at the navscreen and figure out a destination. The nearest port to unload some scrap for one. Refuel. Restock. A brief glance to Mars and she considered for the briefest of moments of trying to sell him but... He wasn't stupid - maybe - and he didn't seem to be extremely gullible. A brief moment of her teeth on her plush lower lip and she blinked at him before tapping at the ships computer.

"I will answer anything you ask me," Cordelia replied honestly after he got his question out. Who did she work for? A owlish blink and she looked around, "Well... Uh. I work for myself," She looked down at her legs, frowned at her fake fleshy arm. Flexing the fingers of her left hand while the right one remained on the nav system while it calculated the nearest port. "I'm kinda a loaner," pun intended, "just trying to... Make my way on my own," She had a far away look in her eyes while she stared ahead, swallowing carefully, "I just wanted to help. Yours was the only pod with life signs, I mean, maybe others were vacated but..." There were a lot of dead bodies, too, "I just wanted to help."

A little shrug, "And I was lonely," Cordelia grinned at him, "You can be my pet."

Offline Lion

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 05:13:45 pm »
He knew she was joking, but even her grin was somewhat lost on him. Her words resonated in the back of his mind, and he closed his eyes briefly to see the rows and rows of pods filled with his people, all dead.  The only one with signs of life. 

He kept himself together and instead forced a smile back. "Then we'll want to get underway," he said. "This whole place is a graveyard. Waiting around for us to get by some ship scrap won't help matters."  He sat upright in the companion seat and pointed at her nav screen.

"That cluster of dots there.  What is that?  Looks promising. Seeing as I just woke up, i won't be much use as navigator for now."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 01:31:46 pm »
"Already doing better than me," Cordelia muttered, catching his brief far away look. A lick of her lips and she rolled her shoulders, looking at the cluster.

"Thats either a trade-station or pirates," she said briefly. How she'd managed to get out this far was amazing enough. When she'd gotten the Good Ship GumDrop she'd barely known how to pilot. Her metal limbs had still weight an unfamiliar amount.

"Let's go, Mars," she looked at him briefly before she set the location into the auto-pilot. Cordelia turned her chain, resting her hands on her thighs, still flesh, still warm.

"Im not really sure how to... deal with you. I pulled you out of a dead ship. Like... do you need anything? Do you wanna talk? Was that your family in there?" Her tone sounded worried and she chewed on her lower lip, looking concerned.

Offline Lion

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 12:18:57 am »
They were soon going to be underway and even as she asked her curious questions, Mars simply wanted to be doing something again.  He turned to look at her and gave her a gentle shake of his head.  "Let's just get out of this dead zone, Cord. It's a long story.  If there is time to tell it, I'll do my best," was all he said, smiling at her and offering a wink.

He looked back at the nav screen and made a face at the dots as they seemed more spread out this time.  "That...doesn't look right.  They moved, didn't they?  You saw them move right?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 12:26:24 am »
If a wink had ever looked natural on him she'd eat her own foot.

Which would probably take a very long time on account of it being metal.

Cordelia licked her lips, gave Mars an odd look and simply nodded. "yeah, sure," it was okay that he didn't want to talk about it. Right? That was something about healing and whatnot. His attention to the screen pulled her to it as well and she blinked at it slowly, frowning. "Yeah, they moved." Licking her lips she rolled her shoulders and closed her eyes.

"Might be pirates," Cordelia paused going a little more pale, if it were possible, "You cool with being raped? Because they're gonna want something and it's either going to be all our food or our asses and I don't want to starve to death."

Offline Lion

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 04:14:56 pm »
"What!? No, I'm not cool with that!" Mars said with a wild look of indignation. "With either one. I haven't eaten in who knows how long, and I don't plan on giving my ass to anyone."  He scowled and looked at the state of their ship.  "You got any weapons on this hulking mass?  Because if it's pirates, we'd best start firing first."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 07:47:25 pm »
Cordelia smirked at him.

"Yeah, but you don't want to starve to death either, right?" She pushed, looking around and shrugging, "I mean, if you're hungry we can grab you a snack. They're still a bit away," She motioned to the dots on the navscreen. They'd be upon them relatively quickly but... Why die hungry, right?

Though his question actually had her bark out a surprised laugh. "A... Weapons?" Cordelia laughed again and shook her head, "You think this tiny thing has weapons on it. It's a scavenger, this rust bucket couldn't handle shooting anything and if it does I sure as fuck don't know how to use them." A worried look passed over her face and she chewed on her lower lip, looking at the nav screen again. "Mostly I just kinda count on them trying to get me because then I can break their face with my multitude of prosthetic limbs."

Offline Lion

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2017, 12:19:59 am »
"YOU WHAT!?"

Except that didn't give him any time to garner response. Mars saw those dots disperse somewhat as they began to move. And the very fact that they didn't have any weapons on here sent some very nasty chills drop into his stomach.  The dots seemed to be indecipherable between ships and debris of ships.  With the exception of their movements.

They were coming straight for them, and all they could die was try and maneuver out of the way.
"Okay, then pilot the fuck out of this thing, will ya?  I'll look for weapons.  It can't be that hard!"  Except his lack of certainty made it difficult to concentrate. Mars looked at the flight chair console and kept his eye on the movements of the objects on the nav.  It looked like three vessels, but two were smaller than the one at the center.

The two ships were covering the flanks of the mother vessel, carefully navigating or shooting their way through the scrap field.  The scrap.  Mars looked at the semi-frosted windows and breathed slowly.  He hadn't used his abilities in some time.  He wasn't even sure if they still worked.  It was a long shot.  But one he was willing to take.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 11:57:04 am »
Can't be that hard.

Spoken like a true man. Ha. Cordelia shrugged and reached up to the ceiling to a small overhang over the Pilot seat, removing a sort of visor. A few clicks of the button and it reached the right frequency, setting an overlay of the nav screen so she would't have to look down to see the dots. Then it was down to business. Auto pilot was turned off and she took the controls and sighed.

"Soooo... We trying to get away then?" She said softly, curiously, "I mean, what if they just want your ship?" She motioned with her elbow to the direction it was in, which was very close to them to begin with. "I think I already got the most valuable thing off that ship," Cordelia muttered before she started to 'pilow the fuck' out of the GumDrop.

"If this thing falls apart and we die, I'm blaming you, is that cool?" Still, her voice was level and she flicked switches and fixed the controls while she was maneuvering until they were optimal... To how she flew.

Offline Lion

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 11:01:32 pm »
The three ships were getting closer, and Mars felt sick to his stomach. Because there wasn't a goddamn weapon aboard this ship. Fuck if Cordelia hadn't been right. This ship was just a scavenger vessel. All there were were the shields array and there was no telling just how long those would last.

He would have to rely on moving debris out of their path and into the path of their enemies, which were now readily seen on the edge of their view port.  Along with the bright red of their cannons going off.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 11:34:20 pm »
"Well... Fuck me sideways," Cordelia announced ducking her head down and moving the ship around the debris. A few almost hits but if there was one thing she could do, it was pilot a ship. Didn't matter what limbs were actually hers then. "So," She started, zipping through debris and the wayward attempt to knock them out of space, "I'm sorry I woke you up for you to just die," She sighed and glanced over her shoulder to Mars, "Wanna have a quickie in the kitchen before we bite it?"

Humour always diffused a tragic situation, and the ships were almost upon them and Cordelia, while confident, didn't think the ship would be too great at out running these ships. They would get caught unless a miracle happened.

Offline Lion

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 05:07:17 pm »
"This is the worse possible time to make that offer," Mars muttered. He twisted in his chair and closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. White puffs of air came out, and he thought of the coldness of their surroundings. His heart sped up and hands trembled as he felt his eyes beginning to burn. Tears streamed down the sides of them until he opened them once more, eyes aglow with a soft white-blue.

He saw the fiery laserbeams coming their way and he reached out telepathically with the floating debris around them, shoving the half-burned section of a hull to deflect an oncoming shot.  "I hope you can pilot better than they can shoot. They're getting closer," he said softly and reinforced his focus.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 08:28:38 pm »
Cordelia grinned. Well, at least she was entertained by this.  Sure they were going to die but Cordelia refused to die without a smile on her face. "You mean the best time, everyone deserves--" but she stopped short when she looked over and her guest turned into a lighthouse.  "Uuuuuhm," Cordelia said, casting a second glance over before she returned to piloting.

The fuck.

What the fuck.

Cordelia grew afraid then, despite his soft voice and his help. "Uh, yeah, I'm good," She stated before she veered them out of the path of a hunk of debris. She moved when she needed to, weaved between debris and fixed the visor to help with all the other things around the ship. If there was one thing she was amazing at besides having fake legs, it was weaving in and out of debris and things firing at her. "We going anywhere specific? I already mentioned that we can't out run these guys, right?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 03:50:51 pm »
"Yeah, you mentioned that. Can't say it's not worth trying," he muttered as he focused again, narrowing his eyes, and reaching out tendrils of energy toward the debris around them. By then the pirate ships were much closer and the other ships were firing blasts left and right. Even as they dodged and slipped around them, energy burned against the GumDrop shields.

Scorching heat brazed against the glass and Mars pulled a stray afterburner in closer, the debris crashing into the ship that swooped across their left. The pilot tried to right the vessel only to crash into the side of another dead ship, exploding in the process.

"Shit! We've been hit,"Mars hissed as the ship tilted off to the side and the second ship came swooping around and burned beams toward the rear of the ship. The smaller vessel was too fast for Mars to throw another piece of debris at it, turning back  as soon as it was able.  Alarms burned in his ears, blaring as their shields began to fade and the larger mother vessel came further into view.

"Hold your jets!" came a voice on the com.  "You're not going anywhere!"  Mars felt himself fading, energy drained and he lurched forward in his chair.  He felt sick, and the glow from his eyes left him.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:51:45 pm by Lion »

Offline Draconian

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 06:40:01 pm »
Cordelia hissed and felt dread tear through her. Hit. They were going to die. Probably. Heart pounding, throat burning with bile she squeezed the controls as hard as she squeezed her eyes shut. "No shit we're not going anywhere," She hissed, irritated. Angry. "Com's for you," She said to Mars, looking over, though she froze and stared at him, eyes wide.

"Oh god, are you dying?" She whispered, scrambling out of her chair. The coast was mostly clear and it wouldn't be the end of the world if they hit a few things. Super fucked if her new weird brain'd friend was dying though. Cordelia knelt by his chair, hands on his knee, "Hey," She gave him a shake, "Are you okay? You're not glowing anymore."

Offline Lion

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2017, 07:19:32 pm »
Mars' head was throbbing heavily, the blood pounding with needles poking into the back of his eyes. Mars breathed in sharply, feeling the room grow hotter than it was as he looked dazedly at Cordelia. Oh he could've puked all over her but he hadn't eaten anything in years - he suspected - and he lurched forward toward her.

"Using that much power after so long without just took a lot out of me. I'm okay though," he breathed, trying to convince himself. It didn't take however and he passed out with his head against her shoulder.

This time it was a slap in the face that woke him up, a hard metal slap that left his jaw sore. And they were both properly cuffed with energy bracers and Mars looked around their surroundings, trapped in the loading bay by weapons pointed right into their face. He stared down the barrel of the rifle of the pirate in front of him, a young woman with burn marks along the side of her face and a sneer on her lips.

And there they were again. Except this time they were both naked.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:23:58 pm by Lion »

Offline Draconian

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2017, 07:29:57 pm »
"I don't think I've ever been fucked this hard," Cordelia blinked widely and looked around, her own face sore having had the same treatment of the slaps " I don't think I care for it." One second Mars had fainted on her shoulder then it was... Black. Obviously she had passed out too and now... Here they were. Being stared at by a very angry lady. A very scarred very angry lady.

Clearing her throat, Cordelia gave a wiggle of her fingers in a pseudo wave. "Hello, nice to meet you. I think there's been some sort of mix up?  I've never met you and you haven't bought me dinner yet so... Why am I naked and tied up."

Offline Lion

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2017, 08:49:40 pm »
"Just inspecting the goods, and making sure neither of you can make any sort of fancy getaway," the woman said, but her glare towards Mars didn't have the effect she was looking for. When he didn't show any sort of emotion, she slapped him again this time with what he figured out was the metal thing. The rifle's butt slugged him across the other side of his jaw and he made a sound that gave the woman satisfaction.

"That's enough Ratchet," a voice he could only assume belonged to the Pirate Captain emerge from the tunnels. "We've got their ship on kinetic hold, and they're tied up. Damage the cargo anymore and I'll have your ass, got that?"

Ratchet soured and stepped away from Mars and Cordelia. "Yeah, whatever."

"You two are in luck. Stranded all the way out here.  Names Rhino Rex, but you can just call me Rex," he said and pulled the smoke from between his lips to inspect the pair he'd just captured.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 10:46:16 am »
Inspecting...

Cordelia looked down at herself, frowning slightly. The area was cold and she was naked as a baby. "Nice to meet you, Rex, I'm  Adelia and this here is Jupiter and these are my nipples, I'd super appreciate a blanket or something? Or be let down? They're mighty cold." She smiled expectantly and looked over at Mars.

"Also, we werent stranded.  We were totally still moving." Coasting on fumes but... He didnt to know that.

Offline Lion

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 10:49:09 pm »
"Haha....hahahahaha!" Rex could appreciate someone using humor under the stress of realized captivity. It was very possible that this cargo would never make it to port and something bad would happen along the way, but in the mean time he got a kick out of teasing them getting his giggles while he could have them. It was Ratchett's job to keep them in line anyway.

"Well, over all, I'd say you both look decent. Although the male is a little worse for wear.  And those...plugs along his body look odd.  Hrm, an exotic, and a, er, cyborg lad. You'll fetch decent prices.  And if you don't we can just scrap you. Nobody will care," he said with a shrug and ordered them to be taken to the holding cells on the upper level.  They were given very little in the way of clothing, just tattered rags that were folded into pants and tattered tanks.

Mars glared at his own, er, 'shirt'.  Of course it had to show his mid-drifts. "At least we're not dead," he said, cracking his jaw back into place.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal