Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: This thing on?  (Read 629 times)

Offline Winkle

This thing on?
« on: January 12, 2017, 04:33:09 pm »
Ello all. Hmm never was much good with self introductions. Well I'll cover the usual to start.

I've been a long time rper on forum sites. Been at it for ~8 years off and on. So not entirely a rookie but it'll take me time to figure the site out and really get my bearings. I'm of what I'd call moderat skill. Pretty good rper but never did much GMing. Co-labbed an RP way back but that's it for my experience there.

Anyway as of now my schedules pretty free and I've had rampebt imagining of some of my staple character builds and through the magic of Google I found my way here. I've already spent some time reading up on the lore of RotE so all I need now is an answer to a question and an open thread that my man Cal can join, that's my character btw.

So in regards to character registration. The details are up in the air for now but I wanted Cal to be a former officer/soldier/pilot turned muscle for hire. Would I put him in the wanderers sec or in the faction he originates from?

Oh and anyone looking for a gun for hire in their thread?

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: This thing on?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 08:51:32 am »
I'm not staff, so check with Rhi or Aeyt, but I would go with wherever he currently resides, so it would depend on if he left the world/station in question and/or is based out of said location, or whether he wanders nomadically/lives on a ship?
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Winkle

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 09:42:51 am »
Thanks for responding Gir, and please tell me you got that from Invader Zim. Loved that show.

Well here's a simplified summary of his background as I see it now.

Ex-Red from Cancer turned gun/muscle for hire. Primarily nomadic going where ever his contracts take him but still has friends and family on Cancer causing him to return regularly.

So as you see he doesn't work exclusively from Cancer but he does frequent when work allows. He doesn't have his own residents on Cancer but he still considers it home and his ship, his home away from home.

I guess that since he is primarily nomadic he would now be a wander.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:56:29 am by Winkle »

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 12:03:54 pm »
Well, with that background, I'd say six of one, half a dozen of the other, but, like I said, Rhi and Aeyt would be the ones to ask as far as an actual ruling on the matter.

GIR is tied with HK-47 and K-2SO as my favorite robot ever.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Winkle

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:19:14 pm »
Well I can wait till one of the respond to post him. Or send them a pm if need be.

Gir's my personal favorite robot. BT from Titain fall 2 comes in as a close second. I liked him more than his pilot Jack.

Offline Nix

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 06:27:03 am »
Welcome!!! I hope you have lots of fun here! If you want to thread with Cal I have a few characters that might work so send me a pm if you are interested! ^_^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal