Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Until You See the Whites of Their Eyes [Nix, Nephebro!]  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Nix

Re: Until You See the Whites of Their Eyes [Nix, Nephebro!]
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 12:17:54 pm »
There were doctors and gurneys waiting up on DoSaM's landing pads. Gerard had looked up the info on the mission once he got the call that they were coming in hot. A two man operation. Pilot Royal Lockhart and Pilot Echo Kiers. Chance.

The call had come from Banning, which likely meant that Chance was the one who was hurt. He had trauma teams waiting to meet them up on the roof and the second that they landed they moved in to meet the other Pilots. "Lockhart report!" He said as he over saw the doctors get the Pilot Echo onto the gurney and rush him toward the elevators. Chance was in good hands but his best chance was to get as much information as possible so they could best treat him. He took note of the figure wearing a broken flight helmet and standing by Banning's dragon, but now his concern was on his patient.

On Chance.

"What happened Pilot?" He asked Banning again.

Offline Lion

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 04:29:16 pm »
Hyperion stretched his wing closes to Goggles and pulled him in close, almost in a protective embrace. Or perhaps out of possession. Banning had more urgent matters to attend to, and the dragon would ensure that no one bothered their separate companion. And no one would bother Hyperion about it either. He ducked his head down to look at Goggles, slipping his lip up to reveal a grin of gnashing teeth.

Too bad it appeared far more terrifying than kind. "Goggles, correct?" he rumbled lowly. "That is what my Pilot addressed you as. But surely you couldn't have been born with such a ridiculous name."  Another grin. But who could blame a dragon for trying to practice people skills?

Banning dropped Chance onto the gurney by the awaiting trauma team, and they went about strapping him up, and observing the jerryrigged leg splint with a bit of a snort. Banning wanted to smash the paramedic's fucking head in but thankfully Gerard distracted the Pilot Royal long enough to spare them.

"Damage to the face. Some cryptid we encountered in an underground cave network, His leg was broken, or fucking looked like it. I did what I could! Don't you fucking laugh, asshole! Or that fucking gun is going up it!" Banning raged and almost went for his throat just as Chance was being rolled away.

Offline Nix

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 09:27:43 pm »
Gerard shot a glance at the paramedic who snorted. Only a doctor who had never seen combat would be so crass and unfortunately many of his best staff fit that bill. Banning had done right trying to splint it with whatever materials available. "Ignore them Banning I need your focus."

He followed after the gurney and motioned for Banning to walk with them, whoever the third figure was- Well, Banning's dragon was seeing to them. It was the least of Gerard's current worries. One of the medics carefully cut off the crude wasteland mask that had been put on Pilot Echo Kiers, pulling back the gauze and carefully inspecting the damage.

"Face trauma from an unknown cryptid.. you treated the wound?" Gerard ask turning to Banning.

Goggles had survived flying on a dragon of all things. The most amazing creatures to roam the earth. Fearsome and great. He had just taken off the helmet which had served him ok, given that he was used to a certain amount of toxins as it were (the altitude had been more perilous for him), hesitating on if he should follow the Pilot Royal when that wing wrapped around him.

He froze at first. Unsure if he had done something wrong or if the dragon thought he had been trying to escape. He wasn't. He wasn't going to do anything without being told. He didn't want trouble. He just- he just wanted to be safe. "Y-Yes sir." He answered more shakily than he had meant. He had bravely, and stupidly, addressed this dragon before but he was desperate and scared then and- well he still was but the adrenaline had dissipated now. Was the creature mad at him? He was baring teeth...

Or was that... a smile?

"I.." wasn't born with it. A flash of pain registered on his face and he winced a little. No. No, Goggles was his name. That's who he was. Goggles was going to be ok, Goggles didn't have to hurt. "It's the only name I have sir."

Offline Lion

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 05:18:45 pm »
The effort to focus on more than tearing the paramedic in half was quite trying for one such as Banning. In the desperation to get Chance out of that cave in time and just keep the stupid fuck alive long enough to...to.

Banning buried his face in his hands as he momentarily thought of Izzy. She'd never forgive him if anything happened to her brother. And he didn't know if he could forgive himself. He'd never had anything like this happen to a second on a mission before. His eyes were already burning and wet streamed down his face. The saltiness of it only vaguely touched his tongue, and he wiped away the tears.

"No-no," he breathed out slowly, cleaning his hands against his armor. Only then was he reminded of his own injury. "He did. Back there. But, Hyperion will take care of him for now. He gave him antivenom. Can you please, just save my friend. Please. Do everything you can!"

Hyperion tucked his wing around Goggles and he curled up beside him, encouraging the little scamp to linger closer and even forcibly nudged him into the crook of his arm.  "The only name. Well, it seems quite silly if you ask me. Although you clearly didn't, let my thoughts be known," the dragon grumbled, shrugging and titling his head out to the little critter.

"What were you doing all out there in the wastes? You seem quite frazzled," he observed and tilted his nose up to sniff at small human. Maybe he wasn't ripe snack material after all. Too skittish. The bolder ones had so much more bite to them.

Offline Nix

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2017, 03:14:53 pm »
Antivenom. So this cryptid was venomous and their guest who was staying with the dragons knew enough to treat the wound and give Chance antivenom. He would need to talk to this person later. Gerard looked at Pilot Royal Lockhart, really looked at him, and realized the man was injured as well.

"Banning. Listen to me. There is no way I am letting Chance Kiers die. You have my word. I will do everything possible for him to make a full recovery from this." He said as they took the elevator down to the emergency room and he signaled for two more doctors to come over to them as Chance was wheeled towards surgery. "Banning... I need you to let these doctors look at your wounds while I see to Chance. Promise me."

Googles steadied himself a bit after being knocked closer to the dragon and practically being forced to snuggle into the crook of the creature's arm. He realized he was touching metal- the dragon's mechanical pieces, and shoved his hands in his pocket so as not to interface with the hardware. His fingers found the tetrahedron that was still in his pocket instead. This little thing had turned his whole life upside down. He had finally gained his own tentative independence and this little thing stole it all away.

And now here he was, back in Aedolis, speaking to a dragon that could easily eat him, kill him... at best he would be thrown in jail. There was no safe place for him on Earth. He wished he had never left Haviah. He never wanted to leave.

He closed his eyes and leaned against the dragon more, who at least for the moment seemed like he didn't want to eat him. "I was surviving." He said softly. "It isn't easy out t'ere."

Offline Lion

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2017, 06:35:34 pm »
"Promise you? You want me to promise you???"  The manic incredulity in his voice frankly was overwhelming and Banning had to fight to pummel the doctor right in his stupid fucking face. He was a real right bastard, and maybe the Pilot Royal was just getting delirious from the blood loss.  Because that tape now felt remarkably loose on the back of his flight suit.

"Just do your fucking job, Jensik. I can handle myself. These doctors can do whatever they have to. Just go," he hissed back to Gerard while the other two doctors looked at him, and led him away to be seen to in another room. The flightsuit could be salvaged. Somewhat, and the clawed shoulder was cleaned up and stitched.

No painkillers. Banning was far too strung out. He didn't want to feel numb to anything. Chance had the worst of it. His shoulder was nothing.

He was a precious little thing wasn't he? Hyperion's curiosity was piqued. "You know you'll have to stay here," he said suddenly, voice a little more stern. "You will not be going back to that hell hole. As much as it is your home, little cookie, you'll have a much better one here. I will see it to it. You seem like you deserve that much."

Hyperion sniffed his small head, blowing back the hair of that bowl cut and giving a somewhat 'affectionate' nuzzle. Well at least this time his teeth stayed covered behind his lips.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal