Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Motorail Meetups. =D C'mon Get Your Gear On. <3/Info  (Read 333 times)

Anonymous

Motorail Meetups. =D C'mon Get Your Gear On. <3/Info
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:52:12 pm »
So the one thread we have going for Motorail at the moment is sort of...slowly, slowly creeping along. (I Can't Drive FIFTY FIVE) And Besides that so many people have dropped, left or aren't really posting that it makes the thread sort of confusing.

So myself along with Rina, thanks for the interesting idea, thought that maybe we could do a Meet and Greet of Motorailers currently involved.

It could be a thread where some up and comers are looking for crew to hook up with, mechanics or otherwise. Plus, we can get the feel of some of their banter down perhaps and some of the new people won't be lost in the thread that's going on now.

I also wanted to get some ideas from people on how to determine who might win the races that we do. Maybe I could pick from a hat or we could do a poll for the different threads we might have?

So let me know what you think on that guys =)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:00:53 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Re: Motorail Meetups. =D C'mon Get Your Gear On. <3
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 05:57:09 pm »
Polls are more people biased, considering we dont really have any super duper nice way to tell about the quality of our drivers nor their bikes i suggest dice throwing or paperhat pulling.

or a poll where you throw dice amongst the top 60% voteees
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:21:28 pm »
I donno about races. Maybe see who thinks they have a shot at winning and do a random pick? I'm cool with whatever.

And maybe instead of one big thread (no one needs another pie thread), it could just be a monthly meetup? To give people a backdrop for how characters could have first met and/or basic interaction?

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 02:44:55 pm »
How would the monthly meet ups work exactly? I don't quite grasp the concept. Maybe I'm slow  :?

Anonymous

-Deciding Finish Order In Motorail-
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 03:31:23 pm »
Alright I THINK I've figure out how I'd like to do this Motorail finishing business with a little bit of research. I think I've found a good way to do it!

[center:22jkzdcv]RECIPE FOR MOTORAIL PLACING![/center:22jkzdcv][/size]

1.) You'll need this Site to roll your dice, kids.

2.) Fill in the information like this:

[center:22jkzdcv]Character Name: The name of your Motorailer
Number of Rolls: 1
Dice: 1d20

For Example:
[/center:22jkzdcv]

ONLY ROLL ONCE PER RACE

->For the first race I'll check your roll against the second one down on the table. That way everyone can actually check to make sure they have it figured out.<-

3.) When you get your result:

[center:22jkzdcv]It'll Look Like This:

I want you to link the result in the One Stop For All Your Motorail Needs Thread. (I'll be reposting this there and reorganizing the first post on that thread).

[center:22jkzdcv]Like this:
1d20=11[/center:22jkzdcv]

4.) Then! I want you to also link me to your character's page. They make this for you automatically and it's in the picture above, under the box.

[center:22jkzdcv]When you click that it should look like this:

This will make it extremely easy for everyone to check the different rolls for everyone as I will link them on the One Stop For All Your Motorail Needs Thread. This way we can check to make sure no one is rolling fifty times and things like that.

If there are any questions go ahead and ask them, or if you're not a fan of the idea let me know. I think this captures the luck and competitive qualities of Motorail very well. If anyone has big issues though we can discuss them.

Also we could work out a die roll system to maybe determine if someone get injured in a race if that's cool with everyone? We could also add different things to the roll for this to have random events happen per race, like they get found by cops, someone's bike blows up or falls apart or whatever. Suggestions for that here please. It would work similarly to the stuff above except I would be the one rolling and I would still post it like above.

Anonymous

Re: Motorail Meetups. =D C'mon Get Your Gear On. <3/Info
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 09:59:34 pm »
We can just assume they happen. And if people want to make a thread, they can be like, "Well, X can run into Y at a meeting?" "Sure! That sounds like a plan!"

And then that is the background for their post

Anonymous

Re: Motorail Meetups. =D C'mon Get Your Gear On. <3/Info
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 04:30:43 pm »
Oooh I see. Perhaps that could work, and if we all, or a few of us decide we want to play one we could =) Because most likely not everyone would always show up. That sounds like a cool idea.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal