Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Wanderers for hire? Inquire within.  (Read 842 times)

Anonymous

Wanderers for hire? Inquire within.
« on: April 27, 2009, 06:35:09 am »
So, I need some plot stuff for my two/three characters. Right now, I have:

Ansirus Avengart, a gunslinger, and pilot of the Artemis, which will have info in the Ships section momentarily. He's good with guns, and he owns something some Outlaw Star fans may like. He also makes his own ammo for his 'special' weapon. He is also deathly allergic to pie. No joke. It's in his character page, which has a masterfully crafted link in my signature.

I also have Dox, an NJC. He's a Changeling, and can alter his body shape to anything from a four foot tall halfling shape, to a seven foot tall Orc, and everything in between. This is a biological process, not illusion magic, although I am still working on background for him. As of right now, he's sort of an NPC, but he's the navigator and resident Stealthy Sneaky Guy on the Artemis.

And then I have Damaskos, who might need some explaining. He's the resident master of arcane and eldritch knowledge on the Artemis(there's a theme here; they are all part of the same ship :D ). His likes include blasting his enemies apart with infernal flame, finding new sources of ancient lore, and doing his own thing. He's the most likely to be away from the ship at any given time, but will be with the crew of the Artemis if needed. He also gets his powers from pacts with powerful beings, which include fey; demons, devils, daemons, and all the rest of the flamey burny folk; star gods, beings of madness and uncaringness from beyond the known universe; and vestiges, beings of great power who slipped between the cracks of the universe when they died. Most of his powers are from infernal sources, and he doesn't care for the rest of them, although he might bargain with them if he needs to.

This guy needs the most fine tuning, because not only is his character page not done, he seems over-powered to me. If anyone has any views on this, I would appreciate it. He is also a tiefling. Look it up on Google if you wanna see, or, if you don't mind waiting, wait until I get home from school (where I am currently posting this), and I can put up a linkey.

They are all currently a part of the crew of the Artemis, but there might be more members of the crew, if you want someone else to deal with, or some might be missing at given times, if you don't want to deal with them. So, any takers? I need something to do with this band of misfits D:.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Wanderers for hire? Inquire within.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:54:42 am »
I have Angel, a fellow gunslinger, hanging out in a bar in an open thread on Libra. She's actually a weapons dealer, and runs a shady warehouse business... Feel free to drop on by to strike up a deal or just some conversation between fellow gun enthusiasts.

viewtopic.php?f=13&p=15368#p15368

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 07:27:12 pm »
I might just go and join in that. Thanks!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 09:25:26 am »
Now that I think about it more, I don't think Damaskos would fit in that thread. I will probably throw Ansirus and Dox at it when I get home from school, but in the mean time, anyone wanna play with my infernal hellspawn? XD He needs something to do, and I need to develop personalities for all of these guys, so what better way than to put them in a thread? (is also first time really RPing, so is hoping I don't suck D:)

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 06:17:29 pm »
Those characters sound really neat! I might have to check that stuff out and think on some things. I love bands of misfits. =3

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 06:11:44 am »
lol, Well, these guys are definately misfits. I might have a place for Ansirus and Dox, but Damaskos is looking for friends and stuff to burn. XD He should have a character sheet up sometime soon. I keep having to stay after school for stage crew, so when I get home I'm too tired to do much of anything. I'm gonna try to post it tonight though, and make posts in anywhere I'm going to join. *makes a valiant effort*

Damaskos seems like he could be fun, though. He's practically demonic looking(from some mixed heritage - demons seem to 'get around' quite a bit), and can do all kinds of neat things. I might add a list of his powers to his sheet, because I'm drawing some inspiration from another source for him, so I might just cherry-pick what powers I want him to have.

Also, random question: is there any set planar cosmology for RotE? I've noticed some fey and demons lurking around in different character section things, but I haven't heard of any place for those people to come from. I suppose they could all come from a planet specific to them, but that sort of damages the otherworldlyness. I could even help with making a cosmology; I play quite a bit of D&D, so I have some minor experience with different planes lol. Or, we could just breeze over that part; it sort of tweaks the science fiction aspect. Then again, it's also sort of a fantasy place......[/rant]

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 12:42:11 pm »
Well as far as my kitsune, they've been around since it was a fantasy place. I know that Draco has one like that as well and some other people might. Frazier, I really could tell you where he came from >.> (He my fey) He just sorta popped out he hasn't deemed me worthy yet to know I guess XD.

But Rhi would be the one to poke at about that =3

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 08:17:28 am »
[begins rant mode]

Eh, I dunno. On one hand, it would be cool for there to be some place for demons, angels, fey, and the like to come from. On the other hand, it might mess with the setting a bit if politics and creatures from entire other planes of existance are brought in. The setting already has some pretty important things going on in Aedolis, Teinar, and the like, so I don't know if it would be necessary to bring in entire other planes. But, I dunno. I guess it's ultimately up to Rhi. Well, if it is ultimately decided to have different planes of existance, I'm willing to help make them. :3

Anywho, back on topic, anyone wanna play with my demonic warlock? In the meantime, my other two characters might show up in the thread linked above, unless someone else wants them? I'm willing to split the two up. Actually, I think I just might do that...

Do, anyone interested in playing with a demonic warlock, and/or a stealthy psychic changeling with a heart of gold? XD

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 12:48:05 pm »
Well that sounds very cool, just send her a PM or she might randomly show up and answer here she does that sometimes XD. But yeah toss her a PM and see what she says.

On the demonic warlock front I have this character from SotE, that I don't play anymore over here, but I do miss her. She was a demon in a human's body that had someone turn her into a vampire so her stay on this plane was more permanent. ^_^ She's one of my more outrageous characters. But maybe we could work something out where he summons her or something?

That would be cool o_o

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 08:01:32 pm »
(Bah, my post got lost because I was randomly logged out. It was strange, so now I have to remake it. Sigh.)

[reenters rant mode]

I might just annoy her with an IM, or a PM, or something like that. Or, if Rhi is in here by some arcane chance, feel free to send me a PM or IM or something else with an M.

That's definitely a cool character, lol. Well, the biggest thing about how Damaskos gets his powers, is that he has to make a pact with a being with power to give him. But one of the biggest things about the pact is that it has to be willing, unless Damaskos can just subvert the being's control over it's own powers(in which case it would be easier for Dam to just find another being, since he is already powerful than that one).

So, if your warlock is more powerful than Dam, than maybe he will make a deal with her, where she will sort of share some of her power or something, and in return he will summon her to the current RotE timeline? Or, even better, Damaskos just summons her because she knows some kind of arcane secret that has been lost to modern magic. She's from a time thousands of years ago, I'm sure she knows something that has been lost to modern times.

So, if you want, I wouldn't mind yoinking over your warlock with some arcane hijinks, lol.

In the meantime, I think I might annoy Rhi with random questions.  :)

Also, as a random note: What is your icon right now? I think I recognize the character there, but I wanna be sure before I jump to conclusions.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 09:30:38 am »
My icon as of this moment (I changed it a couple days ago), is Graverobber from Repo! The Genetic Opera. Before that it was Jessica Rabbit =3

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 12:55:58 pm »
You know, I really thought that that was him, but I wanted to make sure before I jumped to any craaazy conclusions.

*begins humming* Zydrate comes in a little glass vial~ (A little glass vial?) (A little glass vial!)...

I'm still planning on bugging Rhi about the random facts of randomness. In the meantime, anyone wanna pluck up some of my characters? I'm still trying to decide where they should all show up, and in what configuration. I think Ansirus might go somewhere off on his own, or with Dox, but Damaskos is probably gonna go hang out somewhere on his own, looking for magical lootz. So, if you wanna start up some kind of crazy temporal-summoning gambit, my warlock is free. :D

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 01:05:38 pm »
I'll find Jyotika's profile when I go home today and add her on up =3
I'm really excited to see what she'll be like this far into the future.
It'll be really neat!
Once I get that done we'll figure out some more particulars. ^_^

EDIT: And I sort of love you for knowing Repo. *licks*

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 01:37:59 pm »
Sounds good! We'll have to look into how this will all work, because if there's some sort of ritual that allows time traveling, it should probably look awesome, lol. I'm a big fan of Purple Prose. :3

What kind of character was she? If you would prefer to just wait until you can post the profile, it's cool.

My AIM is rabidsquirel117@aol.com. Yes, I know it's spelled incorrectly. Would you believe that the correct spelling of rabidsquirrel117 was taken? Because it was. (Also, if any other RotEers wanna talk to me on AIM, feel free!)

*is licked*....*wipes face* Yeah, I'm a fan of Repo. I know some of the songs, but I haven't seen it yet. I want to though ;~;. *continues humming Zydrate Anatomy*

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 01:46:39 pm »
Haven't....seen...it?! >_< Internet it or something.
I know I shouldn't say that but the word must spread!
I'm going to see a showing this weekend.

Jyotika she was...well. Sort of odd. The human side of her is sort of the angel on her shoulder, the demon being well the devil on her shoulder. So she can be somewhat bipolar and unpredictable. She has lots of power, but not too much. A lot of her demon powers were condensed when she possessed a human that turned vampire. I was still figuring out how to play her off of people and everything on SotE, so she's very much still in development.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 02:08:05 pm »
XD I plan on finding it online soon, either by legitimate means, or those slightly less savory. I wish there was a showing somewhere nearby, but I doubt it.

That's cool then. One thing that we might have to figure out is why she would be summoned anyway, but that's easily taken care of. Like I mentioned, she might know something that has been lost to modern magic. Or, maybe Damaskos just thinks she does. Those ancient texts can be hard to translate, don't ya know. Maybe he just yoinks the wrong person, and unleashes a slightly unhinged vampire/demon/thingy. Any solution is fine. :D

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 07:44:54 pm »
Maaaarvelous.
I am going to post her old profile now, there will most likely be random changes in her before I play her I need to edit her some but don't have the time tonight. Tomorrow though it shall happen. =3 And I don't run AIM much most of us on here have MSN I believe. ^_^

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 06:31:47 pm »
*looks at profile* That looks neat, definitely. Can you talk to people with MSN with AIM? Because I have AIM. >> <<

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 09:13:32 pm »
I know you can do it with yahoo not sure about AIM. Hmmm.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 10:44:12 pm »
Well, either way, even if we can't use AIM to organize anything that needs to be organized, we can just use PMs.

My profile for Damaskos should be up soon, most likely tomorrow. 8D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal