Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: My Neglected Candidate (ZC ^^)  (Read 4278 times)

Anonymous

Re: My Neglected Candidate (ZC ^^)
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 11:51:45 pm »
As soon as Nika felt the physic bonds, his whole body twitched, trying to break them. Though that would never happen physically, Nika still couldn't stop the reaction. Which did mean he ended up ass first on the floor. The blood around him bubbled and rolled, fueled by his anger.

Latona and Intram could feel the power crawl over them, a strange pressure coming from inside them, but both were shielded from the uncontrolled energy. Even if Nika hadn't been to angry and afraid to concentrate the power, he still lacked the skill to affect a Pilot. But any normal people in the nearby rooms were in for a less then pleasant shock. It wasn't enough to kill them, not spread out like that. But painful headaches and nosebleeds all over the place.

Latona easily lifted Nika's small frame, though he did his best to struggle. The boy did not like this! He didn't want someone messing around in his mind like that, "PUT ME DOWN!" The boy struggled harder, thrashing at the invisible bonds wrapped around him.

But she hadn't gagged him. And Nika found one of those huge white wings right in front of his face. A normal mind would probably realize what he was going to do was a bad idea. But Nika was not normal and he was currently angry and very afraid.

Then the tall, weird looking man spoke, drawing the boys attention, "Yes! Counseling! I'll do that! Just don't mess with me fucking brain!"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 07:00:39 am »
[OOC Bleh]

It was hard to miss the people in the corridor clutching their heads and with blood pouring out their nose. As if she wasn’t tired already she had to not only keep Nika restrained but create a barrier as well to protect the non-psychics. And she was not going to ask Intram for help. Nika was her student.

“And no I don’t think forced alteration is a bit drastic. I do however think you should keep your opinions to yourself.”

Then he suggested counselling and unfortunately Nika agreed with the idea, only because he was clearly scared of the alternative.

She continued walking, “So you want people talking to you as if you’re five years old?”

Counselling seemed pointless; a lot of talking and no action. She’d been counselled when she became a candidate to make her less violent. And had it worked? Had it hell as like. Though she guessed she could sympathise with Nika that he didn’t want to change who he was. Still she was not taking any advice from Intram and Nika would fail if his attitude wasn't sorted.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 12:30:47 pm »
Intram hated when Latona got like this. That was her problem; she could never bring herself to admit that she had no idea what she was doing, much less that someone else was right. Her high-horse mentality irritated him to no end.

Still, Intram had a feeling this was the Candidate he'd been waiting for, the one who'd be doomed if he were trained by anyone else... and damned if he was going to let Latona, of all people, have him shipped off.

So he walked along behind, watching people in the corridors suddenly erupt in nosebleeds and headaches, apparently due to Nika's anger. Interesting. Latona put a barrier up around them; her power was strained. “And no I don’t think forced alteration is a bit drastic. I do however think you should keep your opinions to yourself.” Intram was thoroughly exasperated now. He sped up his steps to walk closer to Latona. He was concerned; he wasn't just putting on a show this time. He wanted to tell her how forced alteration didn't work on people like this, how it only got them sent to TRIM... he'd wait, though. If he said it, she'd get annoyed.

"Yes! Counseling! I'll do that! Just don't mess with my fucking brain!" Nika was freaked out, as well he should be. Forced alteration was a scary thought... just waking up thinking a different way. Besides, Nika was like him: there was no "normal child underneath all the weirdness". He was weird. Deep down in their souls, they were messed up. Forcing Nika to be someone who completely and utterly wasn't Nika... that was just wrong.

He could tell Latona didn't approve of the idea, which was bad for everyone. “So you want people talking to you as if you’re five years old?” Intram bit his lip lightly in frustration. "You should at least try it, before you have him turned into someone else. I could counsel him."

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 01:01:15 am »
It was getting hard to breathe, hard to think. Raw panic was spreading though the boys mind and he thrashed harder against the physic bonds, threatening to dislocate a joint if he wasn't careful and he was far to freaked out for careful.

Latona wasn't listening to the tall, thin man. She was still dragging him off to have him mind messed with. To take away who he was. What if there wasn't a whole, sane person inside him? Nika didn't want to cease to exist. And that thought scared Nika in a way nothing had ever scared him before.

Which was part of why Nika panicked so badly. He twisted his head and sunk his teeth as hard as he could into Latona's feathered wings where they connected to her back. If he could he would bite through it.

But he would not go quietly to the infirmary where they would destroy all that he was. He would rather face whatever punishment the winged bitch dished out. That would only break his body, but he would still be Nika.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 01:35:53 am »
Latona scoffed, “You counsel him? That wouldn’t fix him you’d just be encouraging him. And judging by the poor grunts we saw that’s not a good idea.”

Nika was really starting to panic now but the bonds were too strong, he’d end up hurting himself before he managed to break them.

“I wouldn’t do that Nika, you’ll end up – Argh!”

The moment she felt a pain in her wings she suddenly dropped him to the floor, still restrained. The little bastard had bitten her wing! Oh he would pay for that.

She grabbed Nika and slammed him up against the nearest wall.

“Never, ever do that again,” she said glaring at him.

Latona’s wings were her weakness. Not just because they were the part of her body most easily injured but also if someone were to insult them it made her mad, very mad. Similarly it someone complimented them she’d find it difficult to hate them, unless you really pissed her off.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 10:59:57 am »
Intram heard what was going on in the boy's mind, and nothing about it was good. He was panicking, trying to break his bonds, he wanted to stay himself. His mind was in turmoil, tearing itself apart with fear. By now, Intram was quite worried; he wanted nothing more than to help him, to just... pluck the thought from his mind... but he couldn't. Not yet. Latona needed to see this.

“You counsel him?" she said incredulously. "That wouldn’t fix him you’d just be encouraging him. And judging by the poor grunts we saw that’s not a good idea.” Intram was appalled. How could she not see what she was doing? "Excuse me? What was the last insane thing you saw me do, Latona? Are you going to..."

Nika was struggling valiantly; Intram could see that he'd rather break his bones than go to the infirmary with Latona... which probably should have made her realize something. “I wouldn’t do that Nika, you’ll end up – Argh!” Nika had sunk his teeth into her wing... Latona dropped him to the ground in anger and pain, then picked him up and pinned him against the wall. “Never, ever do that again.”

Intram grabbed Latona's arm, desperate. "Latona! Look at him." Nika was scared out of his wits, and for some reason, Latona couldn't seem to recognize that. "You don't even understand what you're proposing! This is his mind, this is who he is. Nothing broke him, short of what you're doing to him right now!" He paused, staring Latona in the eyes, trying to speak calmly. "Can you give me a chance with him? If I fail, or make him worse, I... you can go ahead... and do what you will." He abhorred the thought of standing idly by and watching as Latona replaced Nika's mind with something hollow. He liked Nika... he didn't want to see the Candidate ruined.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 11:37:06 am »
Nika felt himself getting jerked away from Latona's wings, blood filling his mouth. He struggled to bite harder, wanting to crush on of the delicate bones, but he had to settle for ripping a chunk of her skin away, blood covering his mouth.

Unable to cushion his fall, Nika fell hard letting out a cry of pain and his shoulder slammed hard into the ground. There was probably going to need to take him the infirmary no matter what. His shoulder felt numb and tingly, though Nika was still to panicked to care about it any. He started thrashing again, trying to get away from Latona when she grabbed him again, slamming him painfully against the wall.

Another scream from the boy, his shoulder no longer feeling numb. Tears were running down his face as he struggled as best he could against Latona's horrible strength and the physic bonds that still held him.

"Then don't take me there! Don't destroy me!" Nika was gasping for air, his eyes huge and afraid. He looked like a frightened animal trapped under Latona's hand. "Please! Don't!" It probably wasn't helping his case any that his face was smeared with Latona's blood.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 12:13:30 pm »
Not only had he bitten a chunk out of her wing, her blood was now around his mouth. And she could feel it dripping down staining her white feathers. She hadn’t bitten her mentor…Well she’d punched him, once, twice…on numerous occasions, but she was not taking any crap from her students. She was about to punch Nika when Intram grabbed her arm.

“Latona! Look at him. You don't even understand what you're proposing! This is his mind, this is who he is. Nothing broke him, short of what you're doing to him right now!”

She was a little unnerved by how desperate Intram sounded. Did he care what happened about Nika that much? Maybe he saw himself in him.

Latona glanced towards her candidate. He was clearly terrified. It wasn’t her job to be nice though. The candidate program was scary and he’d have to get used to it. And what she said went. She didn’t have to listen to Intram.

"Can you give me a chance with him? If I fail, or make him worse, I... you can go ahead... and do what you will."

Why should she? He was her candidate.

“I think you should stop being stubborn and listen to him.”    

Latona growled internally, “So you’re on his side now?”

Tenebrous snorted indignantly, a strange mannerism since he spoke telepathically, “When have I ever been on ‘your side’? I just think Intram has a valid point…and you are being your usual pig-headed self.”

“I am not!”

“Don’t argue with me, and ignore that voice in your head that tells you that you always have to right! Why they let you have be a mentor I’ll never know.”

She did not always have to be right! She just didn’t have to listen to Intram because Nika was her candidate. Nika was better off having his brain altered than being counselled by him!....Wait, no he wasn’t….

She looked back at Nika and ignored the blood around his mouth and the ‘voice in her head which told her she always had to be right’…As much as she hated to admit it, Intram probably was right. She wouldn’t want her mind altered, she liked her mind the way it was. Something had to be done about his attitude though…

Sighing exasperatedly, she let go of Nika and let him drop to the floor. She also released the psychic bonds as well.

“Fine Intram, do what ever. If you fail then it’s up to me what happens.”

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 01:15:28 pm »
Intram watched Latona, rather on edge himself now. That was unusual, considering he was usually unnaturally calm... but whatever worked. He moved one of his hands back and stroked Nika's hair, trying to calm him down... Please, please, give me a chance, he thought, less of an unuttered plea and more of a prayer. It wouldn't be right to waste him...

Latona looked distracted for a while... maybe Tenebrous had an opinion to share with her. Intram looked at Nika, trying to stop him from struggling so much. It'll be alright, he thought to him, rhythmically running his fingers through the Candidate's hair.

Latona looked back toward Nika and let him go. Intram dropped to his knees, helping the boy to his feet. “Fine Intram, do what ever. If you fail then it’s up to me what happens.” Intram smiled brightly, glad his efforts were not in vain. "Thank you, Latona. I'll help him, I know I can."

He looked down at Nika. Poor thing. It's going to be a while before he can look at Latona without thinking of this... of course, it is Latona's fault. I won't bring it up. "We should still go to the infirmary, for your shoulder and Latona's wing. Can you walk?"

He looked back at Latona. "I'm indebted," he said, trying to put his gratitude in tangible terms for her. "This means a lot to me. Thank you."

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 01:36:27 pm »
When Llyn first reached out to touch him, Nika jerked away in fear. Then his pale blue eyes focused on Intram and he relaxed a bit at the touch. Normally Nika wasn't fond of people touching him, but there was something about Llyn, a connection, a sameness in the pilot that Nika recognized.

He made small, whimpering sounds as his hair was played with, his frightened eyes fixated on Latona. Few things really, truly terrified Nika, but what Latona was trying to do to him was one of them. Nika didn't want to be erased and he didn't want to find out that underneath all his insanity there was nothing there. That there was nothing good and normal in him.

When Latona released him, the boy slid heavily down the wall as he gave a sobbing gasp. His shirt was twisted and deformed from where Latona had been holding it. When he felt Llyn help him up, the small boy clung tightly to him, hiding his face against his chest. He wanted to get away from Latona.

At the pilots question Nika nodded, though he was still trembling, "I can walk." He glanced quickly over at Latona before turning away again.

Does she have to come with us? Nika's voice in Llyn's head was rough and clumsy. He wasn't practiced at it yet. He was calming down now that Latona wasn't trying to erase him and Llyn had rescued him, but he was still angry with Latona. He was never going to forgive her for this.

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 01:51:55 pm »
Great, now one of her candidates hated her beyond reasonable levels. She was an idiot and she knew it. However, what was done was done. Probably best to try and not make him hate her more than he already did. He was practically hiding behind Intram now. Her own candidate was scared of her…She didn’t intend on letting her students get away with murder but she didn’t want them to be terrified at the very sight of her.

“You’re an idiot, Latona,” came Tenebrous’ voice.

Yep, she was; a stubborn one at that. Maybe she could not make things worse. From her pocket she pulled out a packet of tissues then levitated one over to Nika. He’d probably flinch if she walked up to him.

“Wipe your face.”

She then heard his telepathic thought to Intram. Even if he was scared of her it would look bad if another pilot took him to the infirmary, and besides her wing was really starting to throb. At least she knew she wasn’t likely to catch any weird disease from Nika. All the candidates had physicals when they arrived.

“Yes, I do have to come with you. I’m still your mentor.”

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 02:33:51 pm »
Nika was freaked out indeed, burying his head in Intram's chest. He was glad Nika could tell he was the same. Intram was generally good at picking out his own kind, but he didn't know others did so too. That's good. Less to explain.

He recognized Nika's fear of discovering that he was, at his core, messed up. It was a scary thought indeed, but one people like him had to deal with. Intram would teach him, though... sometimes it was reassuring to know you were nothing like the people around you. He'd have to embrace it.

Nika nodded in response, shaking still. "I can walk." The boy looked at Latona, who tried to levitate him a tissue—shit... my jacket's going to be stained—then returned his head to Intram's chest. He heard Nika's voice in his head, rather faint and unpracticed. Does she have to come with us? Intram smiled sympathetically.

Latona seemed a bit annoyed, but less than she had been. “Yes, I do have to come with you. I’m still your mentor.” Llyn pet Nika's head again. "Don't worry... she's sorry she scared you so badly." Latona wouldn't say it, but he could tell she was... her face betrayed her. "Come on, Nika..."

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 02:46:19 pm »
There was a small stain on Llyn's jacket where Latona's blood was smeared against it. He glanced at the tissues floating toward him, glad Latona didn't try and get closer to him. He wasn't sure he could handle that right then.

Nika carefully reached out, still keeping tightly pressed against Intram as he plucked the tissue out of the air before quickly pulling his arm back against his chest. He was still a little worried that Latona would change her mind and drag him back to have them break his mind.

Before he used the tissue, Nika licked as much of the blood off his face as he could, his eyes never leaving Latona. He hadn't meant for her to hear what he had said to Llyn, but he wasn't surprised she had heard, he wasn't very good yet.

The boy glanced up at Llyn, pressing closer to him as he cleaned the rest of his face off, staining the white tissue, "Alright." He didn't think Llyn would let her mess with him mind after all that. But he wasn't going to let go of the pilot any time soon, keeping him between him and Latona.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 03:00:56 pm »
Latona was a little annoyed at Intram for apologising for her. If she had wanted to she would have done it herself.

“Liar,” Tenebrous grunted.

What did the dragon know anyway; ‘sorry’ was a just a word and she wasn’t apologising to a candidate even if she had just scared him shitless.

He did take the tissue however so he obviously didn’t hate her entirely…He was probably just scared. Nika did the lick most of the blood off his face however. Which was disturbing considering it was her blood. Hopefully in a few years time when he was the same level as her he wouldn’t decide he wanted to drink all of it. She liked living...and sleeping.

Without bothering to check if they were following, Latona started down the corridor towards the Infirmary. Hopefully Intram would take the hint and follow since Nika was now virtually clinging to him.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 06:21:19 pm »
Intram watched Nika stare Latona down and lick her blood from around his mouth. Now, that was an obvious threat, all the scarier because Nika was the one doing it. Please, Nika... if you're worried she'll change her mind, don't be so hostile.

The boy cleaned the rest of his face off and looked up at Intram. "Alright," he said. Llyn smiled at him and started walking after Latona, toward the infirmary. Nika walked behind him, like a child. Intram found that quite endearing indeed. Maybe this will be better than my last Candidate. Not that he's mine. He's very different from her.

He opened his mind a little, to talk to Latona. I'm sorry he hates you, Latona... He tried not to stare at her wounded wing as he talked. If it makes you feel any better, I can wire him to not hate you as much. I won't if you don't want me to, though. He didn't want Latona to be mad at him. He also didn't want Nika to have a grudge against Latona... that wouldn't help him any.

He kept following Latona, having forgotten where the infirmary was since he was a Candidate. Whenever he was sick, he stayed home; doctors only ever told him to change his diet, and that was the last thing he wanted to do.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 10:59:58 pm »
At Llyn's admonishment Nika had the grace to look slightly sheepish. He knew he should be antagonizing Latona. He glanced down at the floor, one hand still tightly gripping the pilot, "'M sorry..." The apology was to Llyn though, not to Latona. He wasn't going to apologize to her.

The closer they got to the infirmary the closer Nika pressed to Intram. What if they were lying to him, to get him to go along? So that when he entered they would break his mind apart anyway. But Nika's shoulder hurt, quite a bit. He didn't think it was broken, but it was sprained at the very least.

He hesitated a little once they got there, but he followed Llyn inside without any protest. He glanced around, never having been inside before while the doctors asked Latona what treatment was allowed to him.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 10:22:36 am »
“Do what you want,” Latona replied to Intram’s question.

She’d let him handle it for now and would intervene if it didn’t work, or if she suddenly found her blood stopped. She doubted Nika would be able to do that anytime soon so she should be safe for now. Hopefully by the time he passed he would be more normal…or as normal as a pilot could get anyway.

Once they reached the infirmary she entered, tucking her wings against her body so she could fit through the door. Her wing hurt but she decided to let them sort Nika out first.

“His shoulder’s injured,” she explained to the medic indicating Nika, “fix it as it should be.”

Some of the mentors, including her own, always ordered the medics to simply do basic treatment to their candidate’s injuries. Which for her had been a pain since his area of choice were her wings. On several occasions she had been forced to walk around with broken wings for weeks on end. Nika’s injury on the other hand was entirely her own fault so she’d let him have it healed immediately. She doubted he’d be grateful but making him suffer wouldn’t help.

“Then heal this for me,” she added titling her wing slightly to show the medic the bite wound, “Alei’s stupid rabbit got me.”

She wasn’t sure if the medic would believe her but it wasn’t their job to question. And Alei’s freaky pet had been known to bite people. Not usually pilots but they didn’t need to know that and there was no way she was telling them her own candidate bit her.

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 01:09:35 pm »
When they got to the infirmary, Llyn opted to stay with Nika instead of Latona, knowing the last thing she'd want was his pity. The medic took him and sat him down to treat his shoulder, and Llyn sat in a chair near him. He sat for a while, awkwardly tapping his fingers against his opposite arm. He realized his current standing with Latona was now "third-wheeling plan-foiler", in addition to the usual "freak", but he almost didn't mind; the Candidate's mental security was worth it, to him.

Oh, yeah. Introductions.

Llyn waited for the doctor to finish binding Nika's shoulder, then walked over in front of him to offer to shake the hand that wasn't connected to the injured shoulder. "I never properly introduced myself... I'm Llewellyn Intram. Call me Pilot Intram, or Intram, or Llewellyn... most people can't remember it, so I'll allow Llyn... and you're Nika, right?"

There wasn't much else Llyn could say about himself, in present company. There was a lot he wanted Nika to know, some of which he could figure out on his own. At least, he'd hold off telling Nika any details until he got better at shielding his mind. Still, he was glad Nika was so comfortable with him already. He'd only be more comfortable after he knew how similar they were. Of course, he'd also like to know what made Nika weird, what he liked... but that was for another time.

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 05:19:58 pm »
The fact that Latona was going to let them heal his shoulder perfectly surprised Nika. He had expected her to only do the bare necessities to keep it from being crippled. He sat obediently in the chair the medics led him too.

He was still nervous, still afraid that they would suddenly bring out the drills and the saws. Which was Nika's mental image of what would happen when they fixed his mind. He was pretty sure that wasn't actually what would happen, but it still made him twitchy.

He glanced over at Llyn, wanting reassurance as the medics began to process of fixing his shoulder. Which he had in fact dislocated, the fear and adrenaline had just kept him from noticing how badly it had been hurting. But they were trained at what they did and Latona hadn't told them not to use painkillers, so Nika just held still while they pulled the shoulder back into the socket.

"Ah. It is nice to meet you Llewellyn. Llyn." Nika smiled at him, a bright smile he had perfected from years in front of cameras. "I'm Nika Argan."

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2008, 08:35:30 am »
[OOC Faily goodness]

Latona chose to sit a fair distance away from Nika and there was a curtain in the way as well, he wouldn’t have to look at her while his shoulder was being fixed. This suited her as well since she didn’t like people watching when her injuries were patched up. She didn’t want people’s pity. Her current wound was minor in comparison to some really, Nika bit like a girl.

She titled her wing to allow another medic to clean it and hissed in pain when they put some antiseptic on it. She couldn’t complain really Nika’s injury was worse and she had had worse before.

The medic placed some gauze over the injured area and taped it in place.

“It shouldn’t take too long to heal. Try not to move it too much.”

The usual advice, which she knew off by heart by now, not that she’d ever been bitten before. At least not that she could remember.

She started towards the door; she’d leave Nika alone for today. Besides she wanted to go home and sleep.

“Once you’re shoulder’s fixed you’re free for the day. I’ll contact you again when you’re needed.”

And with that she left. What he did for the rest of the day was up to him though she suspected Intram would probably start his ‘counselling’.

[OOC Okkies it's just you two now ^^]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal