Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A Psychic Mage and a Harpy (Closed)  (Read 706 times)

Anonymous

A Psychic Mage and a Harpy (Closed)
« on: June 27, 2008, 05:06:46 am »
[OOC Sorry about the sucky title...]

Vyomini stared at the icicle in her hand nervously, why was this so hard? Just a few slices and it’d be over. So why couldn’t she do it?

“It’s just hair!” she exclaimed to herself.

As she thought this she glared at the offending hair in the mirror. In the time she’d been running she hadn’t noticed how long it had gotten, it was now waist length. And she looked like an afghan hound, a silver haired one, but still an afghan hound. And it got in the way, the best thing to do would be to cut it short and she suspected Dyerlich wouldn’t approve if she did all her training with the safety hazard obscuring her face.

Why couldn’t she cut it though! Why! It was already wet and she had a very sharp icicle in her right hand but she couldn’t do it…It felt too much like letting go of the past…Her past had been terrible and on one hand she just wanted to forget it but on the other she didn’t want to so she wouldn’t become like the pilots she had met so far, cruel and heartless.

Grabbing a section of her hair angrily in her free hand she rested the icicle just against it. Closing her eyes she was about to slice the section off but her hand froze.

“Argh!” she screamed, throwing the icicle against the bathroom wall, “It’s just hair!”

She slumped down on the bathroom floor and leant back against the bath.

“I wonder if Dyerlich is watching me,” Vyomini thought.

He’d probably be having a good laugh at her for not being to do something so simple. But he probably didn’t have time to spend spying on his candidate all day. She hoped anyway.

Sighing, she created another icicle and picked herself up from the floor. Right, she was going to do it this time…Her hand started shaking so she lifted the icicle to her hair with telekinesis. She closed her eyes again and pictured the icicle snipping a section of hair off. And as she did she felt some hair fall to the floor.

“Huh? I did it…” she said opening her eyes,
She had cut some of it off and now she had to continue else it’d just look stupid. Now she had realised it wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be, she plucked the ice from the air and began cutting away more off. She didn’t want it too short so she’d look like a boy, just out of the way. After a few more cuts she looked at her hair again in the mirror. It was kind of untidy but actually looked quite good. Surprising considering she’d never cut hair before. She felt a bit more confident with it short as well, it still obscured her face a little but not as badly as it had before. And she felt a lot better now.

She melted the icicle and used her magic to lift the excess water from her hair, drying it instantly. Then she started to pick the long strands up from the floor. They really were ridiculous; she could probably have made a rope from them.

As she performed this task she heard the door to the room hiss open, it was probably her room mate Demya. Vyomini knew she was a harpy but hadn’t met Demya yet so wasn’t quite sure what to expect. She seemed nice from what she had said on the blog though.

“Um, hello?” Vyomini called whilst she continued tidying up. The bathroom door was open so she should hear.

[OOC o.O I can't believe I wrote almost entire post about cutting hair...
Anyway, see the newly added pic in profile for what she looks like now ^^]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:23:11 am by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Re: A Psychic Mage and a Harpy (mdu_ntr!)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 05:45:35 am »
Demya half flew towards her room and landed outside the door. Cursed doors, she always had to close her wings to go through them. She brushed her way through and shook herself off so that no feathers would be out of place.

She looked around the room and frowned, this place could really do with some life; it's the same shades of grey and white as everything else in this dull place. She fluffed the bed a bit so that it looked more natural and began nosing around her side of the room. It looked good enough: a table, a bed and a chest of drawers. There were other silly things that probably had some use to humans. Perhaps she could use one as a pot. She would need to find some soil though and that would be very hard to come by.

“Um, hello?”

'Oooh, hello? Are you Vyomini?' she sang out.

Demya skipped over to the bathroom and saw all the hair on the floor. 'Wow, you have really beautiful hair,' she said as she looked up. She opened her mouth to ask why the girl had cut it but then remembered that she had short hair herself.

'Would you like me to straighten the edges? I can do that.'

She turned her head this way and that to try and find a knife. When she couldn't find one she put her hands on her hips and frowned in thought. 'How did you do that?' she asked.

OOC: There's nothing wrong with the title. It tells us exactly who's in it. Boo for the shortness, sorry.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 06:09:56 am »
“Yes, I’m Vyomini” she replied as the harpy appeared.

She blushed slightly when the harpy said she beautiful hair, she wasn’t used to compliments, “Thank you…”

When she harpy offered to straighten the edges she gladly accepted, “Thank you, that’d be great,” it did look a bit untidy.

And considering some of the candidates seemed to the type of pick on their peers it was best to not give them any ammunition; not that being bullied was as bad as four years at TRIM though.

The harpy then asked she had cut her hair then. She created another icicle and handed it to her.

“I used one of these.”

Her powers came in handy but Dyerlich had seemed a little reluctant for her to use them. So she’d have to practice in her own time with them as well as her psychic abilities. In fact being both a psychic and a mage gave her more work to do if she wanted to be good at both. She could not use her water and let it get rusty but what would be the point, it might get out of control and unleash itself in a not very pleasant way.

“It’s a pity I had to cut it…but it would have really gotten in the way…Ad it was so long I looked like an afghan hound…”

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 06:41:27 am »
'Ooh, pretty,' Demya said as she reached for the ice-knife. 'That's really good. How would you like it done?'

She put the knife in her mechanical arm (which was covered in fake skin so it didn't seem too apparent) and focused on the girl's hair. The knife turned out to be really sharp and went through the hair easily.

'So, tell me about yourself? Where do you come from and everything like that,' Demya asked while waving the knife around. She accidently cut her finger and blushed. She handed the knife back and sucked at her finger. 'Even more important, do you like plants?'

'It is a pity. I don't think you would have looked that bad. Maybe you could keep it as a treasure or something. I could braide it for you so that it stays together.' Any excuse to use her magic was good enough for Demya, nomatter how trivial. She lost concentration and started playing with a vine around her top.

'Do you mind if I take the vines off? Everyone around here seems to get so antsy about seeing my chest.' She let out an exasperated sigh.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 07:44:03 am »
“Um…I was born on the Libra, but I spent the last four years at TRIM until I escaped…”

The harpy seemed to have a short attention span though and quickly changed the subject. Not such a bad thing really, Vyomini hated talking about TRIM.

“I do like plants, yes.”

She liked white and pale blue flower but considering the brightness of the flowers covering Demya’s breasts the harpy probably liked those kind. Well if there were some here and there in the room it was okay as so long she didn’t cover the entire room.

“I’d rather not keep it, there’s no point.”

It was better gone so she didn’t have to look at it; it would just remind her how difficult letting go of the past had been. Though it had been a decision that she herself had made; she still had some freedom at least.

“You can take them off if you want,” she replied to the harpy’s question, “I don’t mind.”

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 05:43:49 pm »
Demya clicked the fingers of her normal hand and the flowers and vines about her body disappeared. 'That's better. I thought it would be a nice compromise but it is very annoying to have to wear anything really.'

'So, what type of flowers do you like? Really big bright ones or cute little shy ones? I like ones with devine scents mostly. I wear those big ones because they cover everything... and I think they're pretty. Watch this.'

Without looking behind her, Demya grew vines around her bed. They interwind and began to look like a nest. Buds started forming on the outside and started to burst open. Citrus scant floated through the air then leafy vines hung down from the roof. It was all very austentatious but it was far more natural than laying in a bed.

She cupped her hands and held them out to the girl. A little plant grew in her palms. It had fluffy silver leaves and white floweres. 'This is probably more you're taste. Here, this is for you. You'll need to find a bowl of water for it somewhere. I could get one from the food hall if you want?'

'Hey! Do you want me to make you a nest too? They're very comfortable and you can decorate them any way you want. They're really soft on the inside, especially if you pull your pillow and blanket apart.'

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 05:43:54 pm »
Demya clicked the fingers of her normal hand and the flowers and vines about her body disappeared. 'That's better. I thought it would be a nice compromise but it is very annoying to have to wear anything really.'

'So, what type of flowers do you like? Really big bright ones or cute little shy ones? I like ones with devine scents mostly. I wear those big ones because they cover everything... and I think they're pretty. Watch this.'

Without looking behind her, Demya grew vines around her bed. They interwind and began to look like a nest. Buds started forming on the outside and started to burst open. Citrus scant floated through the air then leafy vines hung down from the roof. It was all very austentatious but it was far more natural than laying in a bed.

She cupped her hands and held them out to the girl. A little plant grew in her palms. It had fluffy silver leaves and white floweres. 'This is probably more you're taste. Here, this is for you. You'll need to find a bowl of water for it somewhere. I could get one from the food hall if you want?'

'Hey! Do you want me to make you a nest too? They're very comfortable and you can decorate them any way you want. They're really soft on the inside, especially if you pull your pillow and blanket apart.'

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 05:06:03 am »
Vyomini was impressed when the harpy turned her bed into a nest covered in vines. It was quite pretty but she preferred sleeping in a normal bed. She kept thinking that Demya’s mentor would be angry, but it was her room so she should be allowed to do what she wanted within reason.

The harpy then created a pretty white flower for her, it was really nice and more her taste.

“Thank you. I prefer sleeping in a normal bed though…”

Using her own magic she created a vase of ice and filled it with water before placing the flower into it. Then she set it down on her bed side table.

Had the two mages been intentionally put together? It sounded like a recipe for disaster to her. Not that she would cause any trouble but other mages when paired with Demya might go on a bit of a spree around the ATC and seriously redecorate their room beyond reasonably levels.

Still, Demya had made her a pretty flower so she should give her something. Placing her hands together she gradually pulled them apart forming a set of ice wind chimes. They were cold but almost looked like glass and smoked slightly with the condensation.

“Here,” she said holding it out to the harpy, “It will have probably melted in a couple of days but I can make you another one.”

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 05:37:58 am »
'No nest, suit yourself,' Demya said before shrugging.

She watched the water mage make the chimes and smiled. She accepted the gift gratefully with a tilt of her head. She blew on it and made a chirp when she heard the musical sound. 'Thank you. It looks so shiny,' she said, 'and it makes such a pretty noise. You're really good at this. How did you create the water?'

'That's okay. When it melts I'll use it to water some of the vines. It's really hard feeding them off magic alone,' she said while waving her free hand. She made a special vine to carry the chimes and hung them near the light so that they would reflect and split the light. She smiled and clapped her hands at the colours.

'Who's your mentor? I got Victor,' she said before pulling a face and poking her tounge out. 'He's really dull. If he were any duller he'd probably fade into the walls and never be seen again. He is cute though.'

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 05:55:54 am »
“I just used my magic to create the water,” Vyomini replied, “I’m not sure about the whole science of how magic works though…”

The harpy seemed to like the chimes as well and they did make a rather pretty sound, if she did say so herself. They looked nice near the light as well, they projected lots of colours into the room; not that it wasn’t colourful already with Demya’s vines.

“Oh, my mentor is Dyerlich. He’s the one who carved this into me,” she said pulling her top down slightly to show the harpy, “He does it to all his candidates, some kind of initiation I think. I wish mine were boring like your’s…”

A boring mentor sounded fine to her. At least she had two fellow candidates who had Dyerlich as their mentor as well, they could all suffer together.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 02:55:58 am »
'That's okay,' Demta said. 'I don't know entirely how mine works either. It's like... I put a bit of myslef in the vine rather than using a seed. Can you imageine how annoying it would be to carry seeds around everywhere? I'd probably end up eating them too.'

Demya came closer and held the girl's arm. 'That's disgusting! Well, maybe not that disgusting but he shouldn't have done that.' I've done worse than that but never to mark someone or claim tham. Again with humans and their control issues. She looked into the girl's face. 'Do you want me to make a salve for it. Or I could just give you the leaves and you can chew it yourself. It'll make your mouth a bit numb but it helps other pains if you do. I use it when I'm in heat.'

Demya started growing a vine around her arm. She picked the end leaf buds just before they burst. She held them out to Vyomini. 'So will you chew them or will I Oh, and don't get them in your eyes, they'll make you go blind for a few days.'

'Why would you wanta boring pilot? He's never around, never shows me his dragon and I've only seen him once since being here.'

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 03:30:15 am »
“Thanks Demya but…he doesn’t want me doing anything to it…” she replied, “I think he wants it to cause as much pain as possible and then scar…” she said, “He’ll just punish me if I try and heal it faster…”

A boring pilot sounded fine to her. And as much fun as seeing Lartech had been she would have traded it for Dyerlich not carving his name into her. Still Demya only seeing her mentor once was a little rude. Vyomini had seen Dyerlich walking around the corridors at least.

Deyma also said she hadn’t seen her mentor’s dragon. Maybe Vyomini could help with that, on the day she met Phenyo she said she’d been going to see Lartech. That meant the candidates must be allowed to go t the dragon pens unaccompanied. They could go and ask on of the friendlier ones which was Victor’s dragon.

“Demya, maybe we could go ask the dragons’ which Victor is partnered with, then you could meet them.”

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 03:50:36 am »
'Boy, Dyerlich sounds like no fun at all. Why on earth did they let him have candidates? But it'd be fun to go to the dragon's enclosure. I really should get on Victor's tail,' she waggled her tail a little and laughed, 'or so to speak.'

Demya went over and hugged Vyomini. 'If the pilots ever pick on you, I can help. Here I'll show you something.' She fiddled with the fake skin over her mechanical arm and pulled it back a bit. 'I got this arm torn off thousands of years ago. It bled like anything but I still won. I only know about technology so I can fix this. I used to use vines but it took too much focus to keep it.'

OOC: who's the player that control's Victor's dragon or are they a pair? Man, I'm having trouble of thinking of things to write! The second paragraph is really only for that reason.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal