Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Mr. Purple Fox finds a friend (closed)  (Read 3713 times)

Anonymous

Re: Mr. Purple Fox finds a friend
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2008, 01:17:33 pm »
Tetroneaque sat down where she indicated, but couldn't help but fidget a bit as the caffeine worked it's way through his system.  He waited while Nastusia brought up a display of the ship's schematics and smiled that goofy grin of his again.  He bent down and picked up the first of the twelve of his little creations and held it up toward the screen.

"Assimilate."  He commanded the droid.  It crawled out of his hands and a small beam of light emitted from the one 'eye' on the device.  It went up and down the display a few times and one of it's legs extended a small wire which hooked into the control console itself.  If one looked closely they would notice the wire changing shape to fit into the console.  After a about thirty seconds the droid let out a beep, the 'eye' changed from orange to green, and it detached itself from the console and walked away.

"That was easy enough."  Tetroneaque said happily and then repeated the process for the remaining eleven.

"Well, that killed six minutes."  He stated as the last of the twelve scurried off to do it's duties with the others.

"They'll be using wireless communication with each other to coordinate their duties.  They'll keep everything clean that isn't already automated by the ship, and do repairs as well.  If something should go very wrong they can also exit through the airlock and perform repairs on the exterior of the ship as well."  He stated quite happy with his little creations.

"So, now what do you want to do now?"  He asked, since they still had a little over twenty minutes before they arrived at their destination.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2008, 01:39:56 pm »
Nastusia was impressed when the cable moulded itself to fit the port in the computer and also at Tetro’s explanation of what the…mini-fury…things could do.

What should they do now though? The mini-furys would tidy things up and the ship was in pretty good repair. Besides taking the panels off, moving things inside around and putting the panels back on again would take more than half an hour.

“Hmm…well…you could tell me what you want in your room and I can make a list. Then when we get to the Libra we can buy anything we need.”

Keir always carried everything he kept in his room on the various ships with him. The usual things such as clothes, photos, tools, his guitar. Even when she first met him he had a guitar, it wasn’t the same one now, that had been an acoustic one and his current one was electric. It even had a little computer on it to make it sound like any instrument. Tetro might not like human music but if she did invite Keir to come onboard and he agreed then the fox would have to get used to it.

“If there specific you’d like in it? The majority of my room is boxes; I have a lot of magical artefacts and things like that. I haven’t gotten round to unpacking them all yet but it will probably look like a ancient treasury in there once I’ve finished,” she laughed.

[OOC Think Howl's room in Howl's Moving Castle ^^]

Anonymous

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2008, 01:53:49 pm »
Tetroneaque thought for a few moments and then started to list things off that he'd like for his room.

"Well, some rugs or carpet would be nice.  It's a bit of a surprise to wake up and have my pads hit that cold metal floor in the morning.  Also a traditional Kitsune bed would be a plus, I doubt we'll find one of those though but we might be able to make one.  It's sort of a circular version of the bed you have, except more pillows to nestle down in."  Tetroneaque explained, making the bed sound like an over sized doggy bed with his explanation.

"Some shelves would also be appreciated, and a work desk.  I brought in my belongings from the Fury already, but I don't really have anywhere to store most of it.  So I guess some storage containers of various sizes would be quite handy as well.  I would like to continue my inventing while on board if that's alright."  He had most of those supplies so he was set in that way, he just needed a workstation of sorts.

Another thought came to Tetroneaque then but he felt a little ashamed to ask for it, but decided why not?

"A mini-fridge would be pleasant as well so I could have a few snacks without having to go all the way to the kitchen."  He looked down and away from Nastusia at that comment.

"I just know I"m forgetting something though.  Any suggestions?"  He asked sheepishly as his tails slowly started to wag a little.

Anonymous

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2008, 02:13:19 pm »
“There’s some spare carpet in one of cargo hold’s closets, you can have that if you don’t mind red. I think the bed will have to be made though…”

The traditional Kitsune bed sounded like a dog’s bed though she suspected he might be offended at the implication. Dogs had gotten as big as people nowadays so maybe she could point a dog-bed out to him to see if it was okay. And just not tell him what it was…

“As for a desk, there should be one that pulls out for the wall, the same with shelves. I’ll use the ones in my room eventually once I unpack all my boxes. Containers…are you sure you’ll fill all the closets? They are a lot bigger than they look on the outside...”

The closest were built into the walls so unless you knew they were there you probably wouldn’t notice. His suggestion at a mini-fridge so was surprising, he was certainly lazy…Was he going to shut himself in his room inventing all day?  She didn’t mind him doing it as long as he at least surfaced sometimes…

“Sure, you can continue to invent just make sure there isn’t bits of machines lying around the living area and the control room. And if you’re doing something which requires there to be, ask me first okay.”

She neglected to mention the fridge but if he outright asked her again she would just say no. Locking himself in his room was rude and unhealthy.

“I can’t think of anything else though…do you want some more homely touches though? Pictures and posters, that sort of thing, maybe a vase of flowers…Or you could get a map of the system to look at if you want, I could convert it into Kitsune for you.”

Anonymous

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2008, 02:31:39 pm »
"Oh yes!  Some flowers would be nice, I've always enjoyed the scent of fresh flowers and I must admit that I'm curious to know what the one's in the galaxy smell like."  He said with a grin.

"A map of the system would be quite nice too now that you mention it.  I need to know my way around this place since it seems I'm going to be here for quite some time."  He sounded quite happy with the prospect of staying in this galaxy.  Not that he didn't miss his home, it was just that he really didn't get to do much besides invent day in and day out for his government.  Here he could make whatever he wanted and actually use his inventions to help his friend.

"And I promise not to leave any mess around the living area.  Even if I did our little helpers would put the pieces where they belonged."  He added with a barking laugh.  As if to punctuate his comment one of the little spider like devices scurried through the room on some errand.

"Thank you so much for all of this."  He said and simply hugged her, as she hadn't seemed to mind his hugs the previous times.

Anonymous

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2008, 02:51:43 pm »
[OOC Time-skip ^^]

“People shouldn’t stare at you here,” Nastusia said to Tetro as she descended the ramp of the Vulpecula, “You get some funny sorts here. They won’t bat an eyelid at you.”

She couldn’t wait to see Keir again and it was just like him to meet up with her in a place like this. He was certainly an odd one, but so was she. They were like two peas in a pod, and Tetro was just as strange…maybe stranger. Ah what a crew they’d make, if Keir agreed that is. Maybe if it worked out she’d add another two people completing the crew.

She headed towards the café and pushed the glass doors open. As she expected Keir was sat facing away from the door at a table nearby. Smiling evilly she ran up to him and hugged him behind.

“Why didn’t you call me? I was on the Cancer for 3 years! It would have been nice to know you weren’t dead!”

Keir turned to face her, not looking impressed, “I’m not as reckless as you, and 3 years? That has to be a record. You went that long without causing an uproar?”

At first glance, he looked fairly normal unlike his white-haired, red-eyed friend. He had long brown hair and one of his eyes at least was a normal green, the other however was red like Nastusia’s.

He then seemed to notice Tetro, “Okay…is this a new pet or something?”

Anonymous

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2008, 03:00:03 pm »
Tetroneaque followed beside Nastusia closely, not wanting to risk getting separated from her.  Plus, she was the only one around that could understand his speech if something went wrong and he got into trouble.  With his track record for the past few days it seemed trouble was gunning for the fuzzy little guy.

"What did he say?  I don't like being left out of the conversation."  Tetroneaque commented and just barely avoiding making a huff sound.  He waited patiently for Nastusia to formally introduce him.

[ OOC:  Blerg, short and crappy... sorry. ]

Anonymous

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2008, 03:15:10 pm »
“In was an in-joke,” Nastusia replied to Tetro, “Don’t worry about it.”

“Kitsune, huh…” Keir said in the Kitsune language.

Being male, his accent was much better than her’s it sounded more like a Kitsune and not a yapping puppy.

“This is Tetroneaque, my first mate,” she said cheerfully, “I just call him Tetro. And Tetro this is Keir, a really old friend of mine. He’s only about half my age even though he looks twice it.”

“Nice to meet you,” Keir said.

Nastusia slid into the seat opposite Keir and indicated for Tetro to do the same.

“So, did you just to want to reminisce or what?” Nastusia said.

“No, I figured since you were on the road again as it were, and space called me we might as well stick together like we usually do.”

Nastusia smiled, “That’s good, I was thinking of inviting you to be part of the crew.”

Keir laughed, “With you as a captain? I think I’d be safer with a dog driving.”

“Hey! I taught you remember!”

“Yeah, but you didn’t know how ships worked until I explained it to you,” he said smirking.

“Well I already have a mechanic, but Tetro doesn’t really know much about ships from this galaxy yet so I’m sure you can teach him. I was thinking more of the co-pilot position for you. And maybe navigator, you have travelled much farther a field than me and you travel the system itself more too.”

He looked thoughtful for a minute, “Alright then. I accept.”

Anonymous

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2008, 03:26:03 pm »
Tetroneaque sat down along with the two immortals.  He was glad that they could all converse in Kitsune, as that made matters so much easier for himself.

"Nice to meet you Keir.  Any friend of Nastusia's is a friend of mine."  He stated with a grin.  He simply contented himself with sitting back and listening to the two old friends talk a bit.  He couldn't help but sniff the air, as it was full of unusual scents and each one seemed to demand his attention.  He could make out the smell of coffee though and it set his tails to wagging, until he recalled that the drink was forbidden to him.  Something else caught his attention though, another somewhat familiar scent.

He looked around the cafe for a moment, his ears twitching around at various noises, as he searched for the scent.

Then he saw it, just an average looking fellow sitting at another table seemingly minding his own business.

Tetroneaque tugged on Nastusia's sleeve to get her attention.

"That guy over at that table... I don't like him.  He smells wrong.  He has the same smell as that TRIM building in Edanith and the TRIM ship too... though he seems to be trying to mask it with some flowery scent."  Tetroneaque explained.  
"The mix of scents is making me nauseous."  He added after a moment of sniffing the air.  He wasn't worried about being overheard, as the only two people who could understand him were sitting at the table with him anyway.  Plus he doubted anyone would try to mess with him as long as he was near Nastusia.

Anonymous

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2008, 07:30:34 am »
[OOC This post sucks so badly >.<]

Nastusia frowned when Tetro said about the mix of smells making him nauseous.

Keir however in his usually blunt way just said, “If that bothers you any of the stations or planets will pose a problem. They are a lot worse.”

There was no changing Keir. She glanced towards the man Tetro mentioned. He wasn’t watching them and he wasn’t dressed like a TRIM worker. Even if he was he didn’t seem interested in them, he probably didn’t realise who Nastusia was.

“We might as well go,” Keir said, “It probably isn’t wise for you stay in one place too long. And if he is a TRIM scientist he might spot Tetroneaque in a moment.”

“Yeah, that’s probably a good idea,” Nastusia said.

Keir started heading off, “I’ve got to get my stuff from my room, then I’ll come join you. You go back to the ship for now.”

Nastusia stood up as well, “Come on Tetro.”

[OOC Wanna timeskip to Keir coming aboard?]

Anonymous

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2008, 09:02:26 am »
"Aye aye Captain!"  Tetroneaque said, throwing out an old fashioned Kitsune salute.  The salute consisted of his tails basically standing at attention, and putting his clenched right hand over his heart.  It would have passed as a military maneuver if he hadn't suddenly let a giggle slip out.

"Sorry, I just always wanted to do that.  I guess I watched too many old holo-vids back at my lab."  He explained as he followed Nastusia back toward the ship.

"I actually like all the different scents on the station.  They're interesting.  That man though... he smelled like blood, fear, and death masked by some sort of perfume.  It was not a pleasant combination."  The little Kitsune added, simply wanting to clarify that he'd be fine around so many diverse smells.  It was just that particular combination that made him queasy, and probably only because he'd been a 'guest' of TRIM for a few days.

"I like your friend.  He seems nice enough."

Anonymous

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2008, 10:26:10 am »
“Yeah, Keir’s a sweetie really, he just seems a bit grumpy,” Nastusia said as they exited the café, Keir had gone off to wherever he was staying.

“He was lot more cheerful when I first met him though, a little strange, but cheerful. He was a bard then, now he works on various ships.”

She had only looked about six when she first met Keir. People used to love their bard duo of Keir and what they saw as a sweet little girl.

Nastusia led Tetro back to the Vulpecula and up the ramp to enter it.

“I shouldn’t think Keir will too long so I’ll start making preparations for take-off.”

Anonymous

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2008, 01:15:23 pm »
Tetroneaque nodded and followed Nastusia back on board the ship, glad to be away from the odd smelling man.  He pushed that from his mind and settled down into one of the big comfy chairs in the living area, curling up on it like an over sized cat.  He rested his chin on his tails, using the giant bushy things like a pillow.

"Any idea where we'll head next Captain?"  He asked curiously as he watched one of his mini-furies go rushing by carrying a small load of metal bits.

Anonymous

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2008, 01:42:57 pm »
[OOC Craptacular]

Keir came up the ramp then, on his back was a rucksack, in his left hand he was carrying a toolbox and in his right a guitar case. He dropped them a minute and glanced around the ship.

“So this is your ship, huh Nastusia,” Keir said, “Not amazingly big but it seems stable enough. How much did it cost you?”

Nastusia came through to answer his question, “Oh my shop was more than enough to pay for it. It’s called the Vulpecula by the way.”

“The Little Fox? Like the old constellation?”

She smiled and nodded, “Yeah, it seemed appropriate.”

He glanced at Tetro, “Guess it is…”

Nastusia giggled, “As for where next, it was going to be the Libra. But I’m in the mood to recruit more crew. So let’s go to the Cancer instead. We can get supplies from there too.”

“The Cancer?” Keir said sceptically, “You sure? Aren’t TRIM after you? They’ll expect you to be there.”

She nodded, “Yep, I’m sure. I can deal with TRIM.”

Laughing she hurried into the control room, “Auto-Pilot set a course for the Cancer!”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal