Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Mr. Purple Fox finds a friend (closed)  (Read 3715 times)

Anonymous

Mr. Purple Fox finds a friend (closed)
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:52:59 am »
It had been two days of hell.  The disturbing scientists, as if they deserved to be called that, of TRIM had been trying day and night to get a better look at their newest specimen.  So far though all their attempts to get him to remove his exo-suit had failed, and none of them could figure out how to get it off him.  They even tried to force it off to no avail, it was much more durable than any of them would have thought.

Tetroneaque dared not take his only protective item off either.  He had not used the restroom, showered, or even eaten in two days.  With his enormous appetite, that last bit was pure torture to him.  He was pretty sure he'd die within days if he didn't eat soon.  He wasn't about to take off his exo-suit for any reason though, preferring to die than to let these perverse bastards poke and prod him for twisted experiments.

Since he was being so uncooperative to their efforts, they had decided to ship him to the main TRIM facility where they were better equipped to deal with such a specimen.  Tetroneaque didn't put up any fight whatsoever when they came for him in his cell, not that he had the energy to really do anything at this point anyway.  They picked him up easily enough though, even with his armored suit he weighed surprisingly little.  He merely growled a little at them but otherwise did nothing.  He lost consciousness soon after from exhaustion and lack of nourishment.

He awoke later to find himself inside some sort of containment cell in a dark room.  There was really no light at all, except that which his own eyes produced.  His chamber was a clear cube made of some hard plastic, surrounded by an energy field.  He firgured it was probably some sort of psionic repressor to keep him from trying to manipulate people with his thoughts, not that he could do that.  He could only talk to others with his mind, and he hadn't felt inclined to do that lately.

He simply sat in the center of the holding cell and hugged his tails around himself.  He let out that mournful howl as he simply cried.

"I want to go home...  I didn't do anything wrong...  I can't help who I am..."  He simply spoke to himself as he continued to cry.  He was still too scared to take his suit off, he was absolutely certain as soon as he did that something horrible would get him.  He didn't know it yet, but he was already on a ship traveling to the main TRIM facility even then.  He was already off Mars, not that he could tell due to the cargo hold he was stuffed in.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 01:57:13 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Re: Mr. Purple Fox finds a friend
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 12:38:50 pm »
Nastusia switched the ship’s autopilot on and learnt back in the pilot’s chair. She had been very lucky to get this ship. She’d been ready to stowaway aboard one if necessary but as it happened someone was selling one at a very reasonable price. And her artefacts shop had been enough to buy it. So now instead of her own shop, she had her own ship.

It was only a small one, only being able to handle a crew of about 5 but it was a pretty little thing and surprisingly reliable and durable. And it even had 5 separate cabins even though they were small.

She glanced out at the expanse that was space and fondly remembered the first time she had seen it. It was when Connaloth, now Edanith, had been fleeing Earth. She had been with Keir at the time posing as his daughter so as not to create a fuss. But that was a long time ago… Nastusia was not sure exactly how old she was but she knew it was thousands of years old. She could remember the Roman invasion and that was not the limit of her memory. Sometimes she felt her age, despite only looking about 12.

As her gaze raked across the billions of stars she stopped when she saw a ship in the distance.

“Identify,” she said to the ship’s onboard computer, it was voice-activated.

“Transport ship, Class unknown. TRIM registered.”

A TRIM ship? Just the people she was running from. But if it was a transport ship it was doubtful they were after her. Mars wasn’t too far away so it was probably taking specimens to the main headquarters. She couldn’t allow that. It had been her good fortune to stumble upon a TRIM ship. She could let them know she wasn’t scared, she might be running from them but that was for the safety of others. There was no way they could ever catch her. She was immune to all psychic attacks, she could easily close her mind off the psychics and she had enough magic to destroy a planet.

Turning the auto pilot off, she began heading towards the TRIM ship. It didn’t take them long to notice her.

“Unidentified craft state your name and business.”

She giggled and picked up the received, “The name’s Nastusia Manasa. And my business…well I want whatever unfortunate souls you have on board. You have 5 minutes to comply before I punch a nice big hole in your ship.”

Smiling she waited for their response. They’d probably laugh and then say she was wanted and threaten to take her on board. Wasn’t happening. And just for good measure she used her magic to create an impenetrable barrier around her ship.

“Wanted Criminal 01261897 Nastusia Manasa, you are wanted for the unauthorised sale of TRIM secrets. You will surrender and your ship be brought into custody.”

Sighing, she picked up the receiver again, “Too bad…Oh well I did warn you.”

She focused her energy into a beam and shot a whole straight through where she knew the ship’s bridge to be. Bye bye, you torturing TRIM bastards.

She then quickly formed a bubble over where the subjects would be so they didn’t suffocate. From her information trading business she knew the layouts of TRIM ships, very handy at this moment in time.

She set a course for the airlock of the ship and readied the ship for entry. Meanwhile she retrieved a medical pack from under the command console, some of the subjects might be injured and it was good to be prepared. Healing them with her magic was an option but why waste her magic if normal first aid would do? As well as the medical pack she pulled out a miniature computer she used for hacking.

When the ship locked in place she pressed the button to release the ramp and gracefully stepped inside. It smelt of blood, as every TRIM ship and building did. And it was actually quite cold; the heaters had probably gone offline. Well, nothing she could do about that except get the subjects out quickly.

As she strolled down the corridor, she constantly searched for a computer terminal. Then she’d be able to see how many specimens were on board with actually searching the whole ship…Not that all of it was there, she blasted half of it into oblivion.

Eventually she found one and plugged the mini computer into it. She hacked through and it gave her a map of the detainment area. Just one; that made things easier. And he was too far from her current position. In fact he was in the door exactly opposite the computer terminal.

She went over, knocked three times then pressed the button to open it.

“Hello there,” she said cheerfully, “I thought you could use some help.”

He was a strange looking thing as well; purple fur and he looked like an armour wearing fox. Maybe he was a kistune.

She laughed, “My you certainly are unusual looking aren’t you. Don’t worry I’m friendly or as friendly as someone who blasted the front end of this ship off could be.”
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 01:42:08 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 12:54:50 pm »
Tetroneaque was busy being sad when he suddenly felt himself hurtling forward.  He slammed into the wall of his cell with an "OOF!" as the wind was knocked out of him.

"What the hell was that?!  What's going on!?!"  He cried, though there was no one to hear him.  He figured that since he had just flew forward he must be inside a vehicle of some kind, and that it had suddenly stopped for some reason.  Anything that would cause whatever he was in to screech to a halt was most likely not planned for by whomever was piloting, so that meant it would mess with his captors some.  A small comfort but it still brought a small smile to his face knowing they were having some sort of difficulty.

He sat there in his clear cube in the dark room for awhile.  Nothing to do really.

Then, the door leading to the room suddenly opened.  He cringed instinctively, not wanting them to try and get his suit open again or taunt him with food.  Then he heard someone talk, again in that alien speech he couldn't understand.  However it was a new voice, not the brisk commands of some scientist or pissed off guard but a feminine voice that sounded almost... gentle?

He looked up and saw her.  She was the same height as he and looked nothing like any of his cruel tormentors.

"You're not going to hurt me are you?"  He spoke aloud, then realized she probably wouldn't know what he was saying.  He couldn't very well try to form a mental link with her either as the energy field on his containment cube was still active.  He knocked on the door of the clear cube surrounding him, hoping she'd open it and let him out.  He was willing to try anything to escape now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 01:31:45 pm »
It obviously didn’t understand human speech, but the language he did speak sounded familiar and she had understood. One of her long dead friends from a couple of hundred years ago always travelled with a fox like creature, a sandy coloured one rather than a purple one, but the language was very similar. The poor thing in front of her was probably sick of being around nasty humans who he couldn’t understand. So she’d talk to him…or at least try to…in his own language.

“No, I’m not going to hurt you. I’m a friend. I hate TRIM as well.”

The language probably sounded off from her not being fox-like but hopefully he’d get the gist.

For now she had to get him out of the cube. If there was one of those around him it meant he was a psychic. Well if that was the case it was clear why TRIM wanted him, he wasn’t human and he was psychic. And if he was a Kitsune he could probably use fox-fire as well.

She focused her energy and shattered the cube into a several pieces. It was quicker than hacking it open.

“What’s your name then?” she asked in the fox language, “Mine’s Nastusia, nice to meet you.”

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 01:46:39 pm »
Tetroneaque's ears perked straight up when he heard some somewhat familiar speech.  It was a little off, like an accent, but still understandable.

"Oh thank the Divine Nine!  Someone who speaks my tongue!"  Tetroneaque blurted out in a happy tone.  It was the best thing he'd heard in days.  Then what she had said sunk in after a moment.  She wasn't going to hurt him, and she hated his captors too!

He was about to ask her if she could open his containment cell when she simply caused it to shatter.  Several large shards hit him, but didn't do anything thanks to his exo-suit, and now he was free... mostly.

"Thank you Natusia!  My name is Tetroneaque Swiftpaw Tailchaser.  I've never been happier to meet someone in my life."  He said, nearly bursting into tears of joy.  He did run up and hug her though, simply craving some contact that wouldn't result in him being slapped around.  He backed off after a moment though, releasing her from his embrace.

"Sorry... I'm just really happy to see someone who doesn't want to slice me into tiny pieces to study under a microscope."  He said with a weak chuckle.  Then he collapsed to his hands and knees.

"Sorry again... I'm simply exhausted and starving... they wouldn't feed me because I refused to take my suit off."  He explained as he pushed himself back to a standing position.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 01:58:18 pm »
“That’s okay,” Nastusia laughed when he ran and hugged her, it was nice to be appreciated.

His name was certainly a mouthful though, maybe she’d ask him later if she could just call him ‘Tetro’. Then again ‘Nastusia’ was long as well…

She frowned when he said about being cut up and studied and that they wouldn’t feed him. The bastards, but it wasn’t really anything new. She knew what happened at TRIM and she could only imagine what had happened to Zenobia, she dreaded to think.

“Well don’t worry; I have food on my ship. It isn’t too far. Think you can make it?”

She could levitate him with her magic if need be.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 02:07:33 pm »
"I can make it...I think."  Tetroneaque said, cheering up.  His tails even started to wag back and forth a bit as his mood improved.  The thought of food only helped him along.  He started thinking of all the things he would love then, a hot shower, a nice meal, and just a night of sleep without his exo-suit on.  But he was getting ahead of himself, he still needed to escape with his new friend.

"Please lead the way Nastusia.  Wait... did you say ship?  They were taking me off planet already!?!"  That was certainly a surprise.  He didn't know much about these people or their ways, but he hadn't thought they'd send him off planet yet.  That did explain the slight chill in the air though, which probably meant his friend had really messed up this TRIM ship if it's heating was failing.  That was one of the most important parts of life support on a ship!

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 02:19:23 pm »
“Look like it,” Nastusia replied, “They were probably moving you because you weren’t co-operating.”

They usually did that, sent you to the main branch where the really sadistic doctors were if you wouldn’t listen to the on-planet ones.

Nastusia led the fox down the corridors and to her ship. It didn’t have a name yet, she’d have to think of one. That would come later though. They had to get away as soon as possible. No doubt the TRIM ship had sent off a distress signal and had probably requested backup the moment they realised it was Nastusia Manasa they were dealing with…right before she blasted them.

She headed up the ramp and into the ship.

“Well this is my ships. She’s small but homely,” she then span on her heel and turned to Tetro smiling, “Well you have a choice. If you want to wash up the bathroom’s over there.”

She pointed towards it then to the kitchen, “Or you can have food. That again leads to two choices, quick or prepared. I’m a pretty good cook so I could make you something decent. Or you could just have some protein bars and raw food now.”

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 02:42:01 pm »
Tetroneaque was smiling happily now.

"I think I'd like to wash up first.  I'm afraid I stink rather badly inside this suit, since I haven't taken it off in over two days now for fear of those barbarians cutting me up.  I think my scent would prove too foul to eat around."  He said with a self-depreciating chuckle.  His stomach let out another loud growl, sounding almost like an entity all it's own.

"I think my stomach disagrees with my decision...but it will simply have to wait a little longer."  He made a courteous bow toward Nastusia, hugging all three tails of his against his chest as he did so.  It was a sign of great thanks and trust, usually reserved for family members.  He still didn't think it adequately showed his gratitude though.

He went to the bathroom and manipulated the green crystal on the back of his left hand's gauntlet.  The suit receded in on itself until it was just the glove again.  He then proceeded to remove the glove as well, setting it on the counter by the sink.  The bathroom was small, but quite tidy and it had a nice smell to it... like flowers.  At least it had that pleasant smell to it until his own musky scent overpowered the room.

He stripped off his clothes and then relieved himself in the toilet.  Never had he needed to go so bad before, but he had been holding it in for over two days now.  After that was taken care of he looked at himself in the mirror.  He was a mess.  His fur was all matted and tangled, he looked terrible!

He ran the water and hopped into the shower before it was properly warm.  He didn't care though, the water felt wonderful on his fur.  He opened his mouth a moment and drank of gulp of the shower water as it came out, simply craving nourishment.  He stopped himself after one gulp though knowing that food awaited after this.

He scrubbed himself with a large soft brush he found next to the shower, using a bottle of cleanser that smelled like lilacs.  It was a scent he'd never known on his own world but he really really liked that smell.

I hope she doesn't mind me using her brush and cleaner...  He thought to himself a bit late.  Since he'd already used both he shrugged his shoulders and continued to scrub himself down until he smelled like flowers too.  He finally felt clean!

He shut off the water and hopped out of the shower.  As soon as he did he was greeted with a pleasant blast of warm air from the tiny holes in the floor.  He was dry in short order, though his fur was all puffed out.  He hoped his rescuer wouldn't mind him using the small brush on the counter.  Tetroneaque grabbed the brush and started to brush the tangles and knots out of his fur, paying special attention to his three large, fluffy, tails.  It took a little longer than he thought it would, but soon he he looked like a respectable Kitsune again... albeit a nude one.

Tetroneaque looked over at his discarded clothes.  They were all grimy and in need of a good washing and he didn't want to slip his exo-suit back on either.  He simply shrugged his shoulders and left the bathroom.

"Thank you for the hospitality!"  He called, letting her know he was done with the bathroom.  It didn't occur to him that she might be offended by his nakedness, as his fur hid pretty much everything of interest.  His fuzzy paws hit the cold metal floor and he grinned.  It was nice to actually feel something under him that wasn't his exo-suit.

"Can we eat now?"  He asked as he entered the kitchen, tails wagging rapidly.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 12:13:31 pm »
Since he had chosen to wash up first that would give her time to cook something. And she could always cheat and use her magic to speed things up; first things, first however. She slipped into the control room. They had to get away but putting it on autopilot should be fine. The question was where to direct it. Going to somewhere like Aedolis or Edanith was a bad idea and she doubted Tetro would want to go back to Edanith. She couldn’t go back to the Cancer and the Libra was a bad idea…It needed to be somewhere fairly remote but in easy access of supplies…Maybe Teinar, but she wasn’t sure how’d they react to Tetro. Then she had an idea, Ipollius, it was abandoned but she could easily teleport to Haviah for supplies if necessary. And whilst they were there they could come up with a plan, besides they could always change course before they got there if they thought of something sooner.

“Auto-Pilot On, destination Ipollius Central Area.”

She then went back into the living area of the ship and into the kitchen. Now what food did she have, come to think of it what did kitsune’s eat? Did they eat the same things as foxes? Then again Tetro seemed so hungry he probably wouldn’t care at this point.

“Let’s see,” she said as she opened one of the cupboards, “Rice…artificial chicken …some spices…Maybe chicken and rice in a sauce then. I just hope Tetro’s okay with it…”

She retrieved the ingredients and began setting them out. The rice she placed in a pan of water to boil and the chicken into the automatic grill. Then she made a start on the sauce. She poured some water into another pan with a thickening agent and some of the spices before leaving it to boil. A lot of the food she had was artificial but actually more wholesome than its real counterparts.

Once everything was cooked she put them in a pan together and left them to simmer until Tetro emerged. It was a quick, fairly simple meal and hopefully it wouldn’t conflict with Tetro’s usual diet.

Whilst she was waiting she called up a map of Ipollius on the main computer so she could find a decent landing spot for the ship which didn’t have too much wildlife nearby.

When Tetro finally came out he certainly looked a lot cleaner and had taken his suit off. She was a little surprised that he was in terms of his race ‘naked’ but his clothes were probably filthy so she didn’t mention it. Besides she was thousands of years old, a little thing like nudity wasn’t going to embarrass her. And she had the body of a twelve year old and he was a Kitsune. She had no sexual interest in him whatsoever. He was rather cute though, but in an ‘aww puppies’ kind of way.

“There’s a shoot just inside the bathroom door to put you clothes into, then they’ll be clean in half an hour.”

No doubt he would appreciate clean clothes and since her’s were all girl’s clothes she couldn’t lend him any. But why bother when they could be cleaned that quickly. Advances in technology were very handy. She remembered when clothes had to be washed with a bucket and washboard and took hours to try.

“I decided to cook something whilst you were in there,” she said cheerfully, “It’s rice so hopefully you aren’t like birds and swell up when you eat it.”

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 12:21:59 pm »
Tetroneaque nodded when she told him about the laundry shoot for his clothes.  He popped out of the kitchen just long enough to toss his clothes into it as she suggested he do and then was back.  His nose was picking up all the different smells and causing his mouth to water at this point, not to mention he was practically starving.

He had no idea what rice was, but he had never found food to be a problem for himself.  He could digest practically any organic compound, and was actually immune to poisons like all of his kind.  A good thing considering that many of his favorite spices on his home world were in fact exceedingly deadly to most species.  Thoughts of seasonings and such though were far from his mind now, he simply needed to eat.

"Oh it all smells wonderful!  Thank you so much!"  He exclaimed in a delighted tone that bordered on giddy.  He was at the table quick as a flash and was already gobbling down the food in large gulps, barely chewing.  His plate was cleaned in mere seconds.

"Oh, that's good..."  He commented, making a contented murring noise at this point.

"Is there any more?"  He asked happily, his tails were swinging back and forth so rapidly now that it was actually generating a rather pleasant breeze.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 12:39:26 pm »
[OOC Short >.<]

Nastusia couldn’t help laughing at how appreciative he was of the food. But then again the starving would eat anything.

“Sorry Tetroneaque but if you haven’t eaten in a while it’s not a good idea to eat too much right away. You’ll be sick.”

She felt bad depriving him but like she said he might make himself ill.

“You can have some more later, I made too much anyway.”

She closed the map she had been looking at down, “So where are you from? I’ve seen fox-humanoids before but not a purple one.

Being purple it was possible he was Lanaerian but he didn’t speak common making it unlikely.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 12:57:47 pm »
"Get sick?  But I've hardly had any at all!  I usually eat three times my own body weight in a single sitting."  He said, his ears drooping a little at not getting more food right away.  He didn't hesitate to answer his rescuer's questions though.  Maybe if she knew a little more about him she'd be more inclined to feed him right away.  The notion that she'd seen others similar to him was also interesting.

"Well, as far as I can tell my home planet is in an entirely different galaxy.  I've no real idea how far it is, but the people at Edanith had never heard of any of the places I mentioned and seemed to have never dealt with my kind before.  None of them could speak Kitsune, and they seemed totally unprepared to deal with the gravity cannons on my Fury scout craft... not that there are many things that can take a hit from a gravity cannon."  He added that last bit just a tad quieter than normal.  He didn't like the fact that his creation had killed some technicians, even if he had warned them and those same people had hated him for being different than they.

"My home planet is called Vulpes Prime.  It's the capital of the Kitsune Empire and home to the Council of Nine, our leaders of government and religious affairs.  The Empire spans several systems, containing many planets and even more space stations.  Surprisingly we've never run across any other sentient beings... well except for that incident with the bugs."  He added that last comment almost as an after thought.

"I'm surprised you've seen any others similar to myself, though them not being purple isn't a surprise.  My fur color is rather rare among my kind.  Usually we have a more subdued tone to our fur, mostly tans, whites, and greys.  We do have the occasional one born with a rather odd color like me though.  Neon green, bright orange, even silver are a few I've seen.  As far as I know our fur can be any color."  He shrugged as he finished.  It was all true enough.  His eyes kept glancing toward the rest of the food, though talking to someone in his native tongue was helping to distract him a bit.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 01:49:51 pm »
She hadn’t heard of the Kitsune Empire, the kitsune she had met had been born in Teinar if she recalled correctly. Which considering how long ago it was might be wrong. They definitely weren’t from the Kitsune Empire though. From the way he spoke of it, it sounded as if the fox missed it. That wasn’t really surprising considering what he had experienced of the galaxy so far. And it sounded as if the gravity cannons on his ship had caused some kind of accident; she wasn’t going to pry into that however.

She couldn’t help but notice his eyes dart towards the remaining food though.

“Oh alright then.”

She spooned the remaining rice onto a plate and if he got sick it was his own fault.

Sitting down again she thought it was maybe a bit rude to just ask him where he came from without giving any information about herself, hopefully immortals didn’t scare him.

“I come from a planet called Earth, it’s the third planet from this system’s sun, Mars, where Edanith is, is the fourth from the sun. Earth’s changed a lot since I was born though,” she laughed, “Oh yeah I’m immortal by the way. Hope that doesn’t scare you, I’m not the blood-sucking variety though.”

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 02:38:42 pm »
Tetroneaque's ear perked back up from their droop as he saw his gracious host spoon out the remainder of the food she had prepared.  It was a rather large helping... for humans anyway.  To him, it was simply another drop in the bucket so to speak.  He wolfed it down with great gusto, though not quite as ravenously as before, actually bothering to chew his food this time and taste it a bit more.  It was still delicious to him.

He listened to her as he ate.  It was nice to actually have a chat with someone about this new strange galaxy populated by these odd mostly hairless bipeds.

Earth and Mars eh?  So they only have two planets... and Mars was still being terraformed.  Interesting.  He thought to himself, swallowing another mouthful of food.

At the mention of her being immortal his eyes went a bit wider from surprise.  He quickly swallowed the food in his mouth so he could speak.

"Immortal?  Like you can't be killed and you never age?  That's incredible!  You must have seen many amazing things throughout the ages!  Pardon me if this next question seems rude, as I mean no disrespect but... how old are you exactly?"  He was quite curious now.  He himself was only 23 years old, at least 23 standard Kitsune years.  One orbit of Vulpes Prime around their star took roughly 3700 days, with each day being roughly 25 hours long.  So in reality Tetroneaque himself was a bit older than 233 years old by Earth standards.  None of this really registered to him though, as he had no idea how long an Earth year was yet.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 05:47:44 am »
Nastusia was happy when he was more intrigued and curious by her immortality rather than scared like some people were.

“Yes, I have seen quite a few amazing things; I’ve lived through quite a few disasters to though.”

She had seen many terrible things in her life as well as the good things. She remembered the destruction of earth and the escape of many into space, she remembered Connaloth’s purges of mages, and hell she even remembered the holocaust when ‘Europe’ still existed as well the witch hunts of the medieval era. And obviously they thought her a witch, they were never able to catch her though, heheh.

“I’m not sure how old I am. I can’t remember the first part of my life much like I’m sure you can remember your early years. I am almost certainly older than 10,000 though. In human years anyway.”

The calendars were always changing but she knew that she had met Keir about 5,000 human years ago. She had been alive a long while before that. But as she said she was definitely older than 10,000.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 06:11:31 am »
"Over ten thousand years old?!  That's amazing!"  He said, wide eyed and in awe.  He'd never met an immortal before.  The thought that she was that old was simply astounding, and she looked so young too!  This galaxy truly did have wonders in it.  Tetroneaque's stomach let out another growl, demanding more food but he ignored it.  He didn't want to seem rude to the person who had just saved his tails from a life of misery and woe.

"Thank you again for saving me.  I just wish I had someone to repay your kindness... unfortunately everything of value I had was either in my lab or in my Fury."  His ears drooping again as he spoke.  He really wanted to do something nice for his new friend, at least he hoped she'd become a new friend.  His ears perked back up though as a sudden idea came to him.

"Oh!  I couldn't help but notice you're alone on this ship... at least I didn't smell any other beings' scents so correct me if I'm wrong.  Anyway, I could help keep this ship in good repair for you if you like.  I'm quite good with mechanical devices, fixing, inventing, all that stuff.  That is if you need anyone to help with that sort of thing... I'm not really familiar with the technology around here yet but I'm sure I can be of help."  He said, almost pleading.  While he did want to help, and already felt a sense of loyalty to Nastusia, he also wanted to feel useful again to someone.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 07:54:56 am »
Nastusia felt a little guilty when he virtually pleaded at her to let him keep the ship in repair. She would have never have bought a ship if she couldn’t do it herself. This needed a diplomatic answer…One that would spare his feelings. Eve if she were to say yes, he wasn’t familiar with the technology and she would have to explain it to him. He would then see he wasn’t needed and it was obvious he wanted to be.

“…Surely you want to try and get home though,” Nastusia said, “Not that I’m trying to get rid of you, company’s nice. It’s just in this universe kitsune’s aren’t really safe, as I’m sure you’re aware of already.”

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 09:51:04 am »
"Well yes I do want to get home.  Unfortunately I don't know if I'll be able to rebuild the Matter Transporter.  It sort of melted down after it sent me here.  Plus all the data from my lab was on the data crystal I took with me... and left on my Fury."  He said becoming quite dejected.  If he was ever to have any chance of getting home within the next five hundred years he'd need to at least recapture his data crystal.

"But there must be something I can do to help!  I don't want to be a burden to you..."  He said trying to think of something he might be able to do.

"I was a technomancer among my kind... I guess scientist would be the closest thing to compare to.  I'm really good at inventing things.  I'm also a good cook, though I'll need to study your diet a bit more to make sure I don't accidentally poison you or something...  There has to be something I can do!"  He didn't realize it, but he was giving her his 'big sad puppy dog eyes' look.  He just wanted to find some way to repay Nastusia's kindness toward him.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 09:58:46 am »
Damn, he was giving her puppy dog eyes as well…She was pretty sure she invented that look all those thousands of years ago. And she the body of a child so could do it just as well. Though Tetro probably didn’t know she looked like a human child in comparison to other humans.

She could suggest they try and get his Fury back and it was within her ability but he probably wouldn’t want to burden her anymore. Well it was worth suggesting.

“Very well, you can be my mechanic,” she said, “On one condition; you let me help get your ship back. And trust me it’ll be easy for me.”

[OOC Short >.<]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal