Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Taillights in the Data Trails (Dragonsong!)  (Read 6714 times)

Offline Daglobster

Re: Taillights in the Data Trails (Dragonsong!)
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2020, 11:38:24 am »
He chuckled, feeling the skin of her sides. With a little digital trickery, he made his fingertips deliciously cool and stroked his fingers down her front, all the way down to the hem of her pants where he slipped his fingers through. He didn’t quite touch her but he used her pants as a grip to pull her into their grinding a little as he cooled his heated kisses on her throat with the frosty tip of his finger.

“It’s really tempting, and the elevator is really slow...” he said, voice heavily suggestive even through the dizzy haze of passion. They’d been going down when he changed the destination to the top, so they had around fifteen floors to go. He met her eyes, and gave her a surprisingly tender kiss.

Coincidentally, the top floor was also the Star’s Crown Penthouse.

A little bashfully, he let her shirt roll back down but he kept stroking the skin underneath. He gave her another kiss, deeper this time, and when he broke away he let his head rest on her shoulder.

“Tell me more about racing,” he murmured, drawing his hands down to her thighs. He didn’t pull his crotch away from hers but he remained still.

“Stuff that’ll make our virtual track authentic...” he continued, and he put a gentle kiss onto the side of her neck.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2020, 02:19:07 pm »
"Oh!"

The sudden chill of his touch almost made her actually squeak, and she tried to glare at him but couldn't manage it for more than a moment or two before her expression shifted back to that heated smirk. She shifted slightly against him, not quite as pointed as before but reminding them both of how close they still pressed together, and sighed into the kiss.

"Neat trick," she muttered as his head came to rest on her shoulder. She drew a hand up his back to stroke her fingers absently through his hair, admiring the color for a moment before she twisted her neck to bring her mouth close to his ear. "Mm...well, it tends to get pretty dangerous. Honestly, some of the draw is the chance of seeing a crash--not sure how that would translate to digital."

She nipped playfully at the shell of his ear, her other hand sliding down to slip into his back pocket, mirroring what he had done earlier. "But the die-hard fans will care more about the bikes themselves than anything else, I'm betting. Y'ever actually seen a Teinari bike?" She let her head fall to the side slightly so he had easier access to her neck, encouraging the attention.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2020, 10:34:32 pm »
"Trust me, it transfers. Simulation's real enough that people forget the stakes are lower," he answered easily, and rather than the searing contact of before he left a gentle smooch on the side of her neck before he came in and made sweet love to her throat with his lips.

Her hand on his ass caused him to press closer to her and he took a moment to really appreciate just how nicely their hips fit together.

"Wouldn't be the first time a dangerous sport's gone digital. On Cancer we race hover-cars and space ships so events in the sim for those things do well," he continued, letting his hands travel down her body so he could mirror her hand placement with one of his own.

He rose up to catch her lips and he couldn't help the pleased, heated moan he made at the taste of her lips.

"Tell me about the bikes..."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2020, 03:54:59 pm »
"Well, they're...mmm..."  Her back arched a little further and she automatically tightened her legs on either side of his hips. "They're just...bikes, really. Be easier to show you--"

She paused, a flicker behind her eyes. Was that...possible? Just about everything else seemed to be in this sim world.

But she found she was having a bit of a hard time focusing on that fault with him pressed up against her and his lips teasing at her own, then her neck, then her mouth again. She sighed and let her head roll slightly to the side, flicking her eyes toward the elevator numbers.

She groaned softly, in disappointment this time, and placed a hand on his chest to push him back slightly. "Looks like we're near our stop, Kayse." Her lips were quirked back in that wry smile, and though she ostensibly moved to get down from the handrail, she couldn't help giving another little twitch and roll forward with her hips as she did, her grip on him tightening for a moment.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2020, 09:42:18 pm »
"That we are," said Kayse, although the last word was spoken with a sharp hitch due to the movement of her hips. He liked the hand on his chest and he spared her a final little kiss before he gave her the distance she needed to dismount the rail.

He glanced back and remembered that he'd changed the elevator's destination in order to give them more time to make out. He rest his hands on his waist as he watched her right herself.

"I've heard the bikes are magnetic, that they don't use wheels," he said, genuinely curious despite their carnal outbursts. Only two floors left...

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2020, 10:14:18 am »
"Mhm." Pink was looking up at him with her lips still slightly parted, hand still resting against his chest. He'd given her enough room to get down from the handrail easily enough, but once her feet touched the ground she'd crowded in against him again, reluctant to lose the contact.

His hands on her waist seemed to almost be scalding her through her clothes, despite the faint, perpetual chill that surrounded him. She couldn't stop thinking about the way his voice had hitched as she pressed against him.

"Yeah, the tech works to keep them just off the ground, most of the time. And magnetic suspension means you get almost no drag--not to mention it makes maintenance a hell of a lot easier, which is great if you've got my job." She smiled crookedly, her own eyes flickering toward the floor number for a moment.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2020, 04:07:33 pm »
"I'd bet it does,' Kayse returned, watching her eyes flicker over to the elevator's floor display. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, ignoring the beautiful view as they neared the top of the tower for the view much closer.

"With a persistent, mechanically cohesive simulation, we'd just need enough bandwidth for all the physical calculations. Unless you have schematics of your own to upload, we'd also need someone to design the bikes for the track," he started, and just then the elevator came to a stop.

With a pleasant ding, the doors opened to reveal a short, marble-tiled hallway with a pair of grand double doors at the end.

"Level 50: The Star's Pride Penthouse" came the elevators soothing voice.

"Silly me, I've taken us all the way to the top," he said, although the way he took her hands and brought her out into the hallway revealed the intentional nature behind it.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2020, 09:05:12 pm »
Do I have schematics?” Pink scoffed, momentarily jerked from her fog of sensation and desire to give him a dry look. “Sweetheart, I’ve got specs for days—“

Her voice cut off in favor of the elevator’s, and she gave him another curious look as he led her out into the hall. “So...this some sort of penthouse suite situation?” she asked blithely, looking around. She kept her grip on his hands, enjoying the extended contact even if the break from heated kissing had allowed her some much needed space to cool off a bit.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2020, 12:23:27 pm »
"It is. The kinda pad celebrities party in," Kayse was quick to add, and he brought her up to the doors and approached the control pad.

"According to this, those big-shot DJs downstairs have this place rented to party in after they're done playing. Party's just getting started downstairs so..."

He coated his hands with some frost and he passed it over the access pad. The door handles started to get frosty.

"We can definitely get a good view from here."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2020, 05:18:34 pm »
Pink watched with interest as the handle began to ice over. She actually shivered a bit as the air around Kayse cooled, and for just a moment her breath clouded white as she exhaled.

"A good view of what?" she piped up, tilting her head back at him again.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2020, 01:20:58 pm »
"Well, the stars of course," Kayse said, and he finally cracked the code on the door. Data connections and wires iced over as he took control of the system, making sure that their intrusion would go unnoticed above all other priorities.

"Oh, there's holothemes! let's see... the DJs picked "Modern Palace," sounds lame, how about..."

The doors made a distinct click as they unlocked.

Kayse, ever mindful, made sure to shake the frost off before he took one of Pink's hands and he opened the door to open it, revealing that the massive penthouse suite had been reconfigured from whatever "Modern Palace" was to instead have a much more vibrant "Outer Space" theme to it.

The living room was spacious and had a connected kitchen/bar, connecting rooms were hidden behind glitzy chrome doors and identified by signs overhead. There was a bedroom, a "simulation chamber," a balcony, and a pair of doors identified as "Awaiting Configuration". The actual decoration of the place went above and beyond. Spherical seats that looked like planets and stars, a stocked bar with all kinds of interesting alien liquors, plush cushions shaped like asteroids and spaceships, the whole nine yards. There was even miniature stars placed in fixtures to act as the light sources of the place.

Kayse chuckled at the aesthetic of it all and looked back to Pink with a raised eyebrow.

"We could probably get a killer view from the balcony," he said, mischief glinting in his eyes.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2020, 06:33:19 pm »
While the room was impressive enough in and of itself, the moment Pink saw the door to the balcony she was already crossing to it. She grabbed for Kayse's sleeve as she did, unthinking, towing him after her until she was standing out in the open--if virtual--air, under starlight.

Her eyes went very, very wide.

"Oh. My. Gods."

Almost woodenly, her hand dropped from his arm. She took another cautious step out onto the balcony, as though afraid it would somehow disappear from beneath her feet. Her head was craned back so she could stare up at the sky, lips parted and eyes shining with what might have been a very brief threat of tears. She raised one hand to her mouth, turning in a slow circle as she just...looked.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 06:33:26 pm by DragonSong »

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2020, 09:44:10 pm »
Needless to say, the sky in the Sensenet was interesting. Because yes, it was a crystal clear view of the stars around Cancer, twinkling brightly and illuminating the humbly lit town beneath the tower. But, since this was also the Sensenet, the tower was high enough to allow one to spot other Sensenet domains floating in the skies above, each an island of its own.

"Yup, that's it all right," Kayse said, preferring to let Pink's jaw hang as she looked up into the skies above. After straightening his sleeve, he stepped up next to her to lean on the railing. The suite's theme was felt even here, and the balcony was styled after the keel of a sleek ship.

"If I find the right programs, we could even go to the Teinar surface," he added, shooting her an adventurous look.

"You look real pretty with that dumbfounded look on your face," he added with a sly grin.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2020, 09:35:37 am »
"Oh, shut up." She shoved lightly at his shoulder, laughing, but it took another few moments before she could pull her gaze away from the sky to look at him properly. "Look, I know it's not, y'know...what the sky really looks like, but this is about as close as I'm ever likely to get."

Her lips twisted into something a little less joyful, almost...mocking, and she added, "I wouldn't worry about the Teinar surface world. There's a reason we live underground."

She gave herself a little shake and glanced up again, then out, over the--in her opinion--more mundane view that the balcony offered. She shuffled a little closer to Kayse as she did, letting her arm brush his while she leaned out over the rail slightly to just take in the view.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:00:37 am by DragonSong »

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2020, 09:43:53 am »
Kayse leaned his back against the railing, gazing up to the peak of the tower. When he felt the brush of her arm against his he glanced over, and then turned to match her pose against the railing.

"Pretty little town, this is. You know, some of the new Quantum-Series Sensenet servers can support up to 50,000 fully simulated personalities?"

He gave her a bump with his shoulder.

"That little earpiece you're wearing is a gate to another world. And who knows, if we make enough from simulated hovercycles, well..."

He smiled rather crassly at first, as if humor was his first instinct. But only for a moment, because he couldn't help but understand her.

"We can have a real vacation. You can leave your bunker, and I can finally get off this armpit of a space station."

He turned to face her, still leaning his side on the railing.

"How does that sound, Pink?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2020, 06:42:52 pm »
She huffed another laugh that was really just as much a sigh. That same bitter twist was back at the edges of her smile, but there was something melancholic rather than cynical behind her eyes.

"Pretty damn good, actually," she answered softly, honestly. Then she gave her head a little shake and glanced up at him sidelong again. "Although that does require that we actually, y'know...make this work." Another little chuckle and she twisted to prop one elbow against the rail so she was better facing him. "And what's this about a we vacation? You don't really know anything about me, Computers Guy. What if I'm actually some old crone?"

The anonymity of her "gate to another world" was nice, but...well, they'd only met earlier that evening, really. There was a certain heady thrill to the whirlwind of it, but she couldn't deny that here--away from the music and the lights and the alcohol--a hint of wariness was starting to creep back in.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2020, 09:54:44 am »
“Hm, maybe,” Kayse answered easily, but he read her and gave her some space by walking towards the balcony’s bow. He had a hunch that she was using a live image of herself, whether intentionally or not. Maybe it was her inexperience or just the amount of lifelike details of her avatar.

“You’ve been utterly entrancing this whole time, so I wager it wouldn’t be that far off in meatspace,” he said with a slight chuckle, but he gave her a look that said he recognized her trepidation, and then turned to face her as he nestled himself with his back against the railing, posture inviting.

He looked out over the town again, expression straightening out to something more serious.

“I don’t know, I guess I got excited. I don’t... I’ve never really done anything big like this, and I let my emotions run hot alongside my hopes,” he said, and then a wry smile appeared on his face.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2020, 11:22:39 am »
Pink exhaled a sharp breath as she turned to mirror him, a slight smile still curving at her lips but with less of that bitterness to the edges. "Me neither. Never done something so big before," she chuckled, "About a lot of...this." She gestured widely, ostensibly talking about the sweeping vista before them, but also with a subtle wave of her hand between the two of them on the balcony.

Then the teasing smirk was back and she tilted her head, eyes gleaming. "And don't think I don't know you're buttering me up with flattery. I think we've already established there's a good likelihood of you getting lucky tonight, you don't need to lay it on quite so thick."

She was joking, but there was a slight flush in her cheeks. Utterly entrancing was not typically how people referred to her. It had knocked her off balance, more than she wanted to admit.

So she steered away from it, though not anywhere all that more comfortable, really. "I just..." She blew out another breath, slowly, smile fading as she glanced away. "I need this to work," she admitted quietly. "I really, really need this to work." A sardonic tilt to her smile. "Enough that I'm running this whole thing through some ancient, bootlegged, so-illegal-I-might-disappear rig."

It was a bit of a gamble, but she was pretty confident that he knew that already. She was from Teinar. No outside links aloud, that was the law. He had to know she was using some sketchy shit just to be here.

Cautiously, she stepped a little closer to him. Not quite in his personal space, more edging the borders of it. "Honestly, I think you're my best shot at that. Making this actually happen. Which is insane, because I wasn't even supposed to meet you tonight," she laughed, shaking her head. There was an edge of incredulity to her voice, but also something a little like hope.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:26:37 am by DragonSong »

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2020, 06:08:20 pm »
She lingered on the edge of his personal space, and he simply smiled, and turned his hands upwards against the railing.

"Well, I happen to have a real knack for 'NetSec protocols, so I'd say you're in pretty good hands," he said easily. "Nothing's guaranteed, of course. I know there's an audience, and folks on the SenseNet definitely have credits to spend. It's all there, but the risk..."

He smiled a little wider as he gently pushed off the wall to gently breeze past Pink, skimming his fingers down her wrist before taking her hand with the lightness of a feather. Walking backwards, he met her eyes.

"But that's where the fun is, isn't it? Now come on, let's go see what kind of fancy virtual hooch they've got and see what kinda toys they stocked this place with," Kayse said, letting his smile turn more genuine.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2020, 07:04:13 pm »
Her own smile softened and grew in response to his, and she found herself curling her fingers around his almost instinctively as he guided them back off the balcony and into the suite.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to get me drunk," she teased lightly, that familiar spark of mischief back in her eyes. Then her expression softened a bit at the edges, becoming something more innocently curious, and she asked, "How do you mean, toys?"

Surely they could just...conjure up whatever they wanted, right? Wasn't that how this place worked? What would the suite need to actually have?

Of course, in all likelihood, she knew she probably was just missing something obvious about the SenseNet. Sometimes being Teinari could be a bit of drag, she was learning. At least in this respect.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal