Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The ATC is bland and boring (Closed)  (Read 2740 times)

Anonymous

Re: The ATC is bland and boring (mdu_ntr & Open!)
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 03:29:20 am »
“No, I’m not a healer it’s just the human body is covered in hair, some strands are just really small. And since I can control all my hair I can make it super hard so blades and things like that can’t cut me. Or I can use it as padding so I don’t break any bones.”

It came in handy but ‘hair-protection’ wasn’t perfect he could still be hurt, it was just difficult.

When Demya said that she and Victor were never likely to get on, he had to agree. They were too different and she must really have gotten on his nerves if he actually attacked her. Still whether she liked him or not made little difference. Any pilot mentor would treat her the same way. Even if they finally let him have a candidate, he wouldn’t be lenient with them. They had to pass and sometimes that meant being a hard-ass.

If Demya wouldn’t listen to Victor and follow his orders she wasn’t even going to pass the grace period. Which would be a shame since he didn’t have many friends around the ATC, he had seen many of his friends break or die, it wasn’t like he wasn’t used to it.

That Demya felt she had to become a pilot was interesting. He assumed it was so she could ‘save’ the earth. He became a pilot because Aedolis weren’t quitters; they didn’t ‘abandon ship’. He could sympathise with her. However when he became a candidate he had been prepared for being the lowest rung on the ladder even though he was older than most of the pilots. Demya didn’t seem to be prepared for it at all.

“You can play with my hair later, you wing does look a little beat up,” Mara replied, “And Mara’s fine, if I wanted you to call me Pilot Cassian I would have introduced myself as that.”

As they headed out of the infirmary Demya started playing with her vines again. He guessed all mages liked to play with their powers. Or maybe it was a long-living thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 06:29:51 am »
Demya crossed her arms and pouted when Mara said she would have to wait but didn't say anything. 'I can preen her wings anywhere but with them looking messy like this, it would be better to just find somewhere a little more quiet. It is so embarrassing having wings that looked like you haven't cleaned them.

'I like to keep my feathers looking pretty but that used to make me a target for hunters, even more than my sister. She was ugly so not many people bothered attacking her. She didn't keep her feathers in order either. It was no wonder she could never keep up. I hope she's dead now.'

Her voice came out sharp and probably sounded like she hated her sister but Demya was of course thinking about how her sister had given up on the Earth and surrendered to humans all those thousands of years ago. She wasn't exactly how long ago it was because silly humans kept changing the calendars they used. 'Why can't humans just leave things alone? They always seem to want bigger, better and more things.'

She sighed and kept following Mara. She continued talking while she walked, flexing her wings more often than was nessecary.

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 10:28:56 am »
[OOC Craptacular]

Mara was a little surprised at Demya’s statement. Though she didn’t see eye-to-eye with Victor she didn’t seem the type of person to hate people. It sounded like she hated her sister though.

“Did you and you sister have a fight?” Mara asked.

She might not want him to pry but she seemed a pretty open person. And if she wouldn’t tell him he’d understand. She had only known him a day.

“Mara, we’re wanted for something,” Arka’s voice said in his head.

That was annoying, but he hadn’t done any major work recently. It might be interesting, though meeting Demya had brightened his previously dull day.

“Sorry Demya, Arka just called me. Got to go.” he chuckled.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2008, 05:15:20 am »
'Millennia ago, yes. I couldn't fly for months after that. Why?' she asked, not able to comprehend that what she had said was strange.

She glared at him for a moment, thinking that he must have done something to find that out. He could have at least asked if he was going to rummage around her memories. There were things she didn't trust him with yet. 'You just read me, didn't you. You could have asked first,' she snapped as she tapped her head with a finger. Her wings drooped a little as she began to speak again, 'for your information, if she isn't dead than she will probably be wishing she was, seeing how you humans ruined the place.' The last part was also meant to offend Mara, just a little.

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2008, 08:51:46 am »
Mara was surprised when Demya suddenly snapped at him. He hadn’t said anything bad had he? She did answer his question so what was her problem?

“I didn’t read your mind,” Mara replied, “You just said you hated your sister.”

Maybe hating someone was normal for the harpy, if so she was perhaps not as friendly a person as he first thought. And if she didn’t realise he hadn’t read her mind he would probably lose one of the few friends he had in the ATC. Oh well, he was used to it by now. And if her hatred of humans and inability to follow orders was anything to go by, after the grace period was up she’d be heading to TRIM anyway.

Then she was back on her anti-human tirade again and it seemed this time she was including him, great. Maybe he should just leave her to cool down.

Turning to leave he said over his shoulder, “See you around Demya.”

Maybe it was better to cut the cord now anyway.

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2008, 12:04:52 am »
Demya was about to snap at him again, saying that she had never hated her sister but Mara turned and left. He just left.

He left.

She didn't understand. Why would he do that? Okay, maybe she shouldn't have accused him of going through her mind but he didn't have to say she hated her sister. Argh! Why did everyone here always come to the wrong conclusions about her?!

Oh, no. She'd given him a feather too! She'd given him one of her feathers and now he didn't even like her. Well fine, he could keep it. If he didn't want to be her friend he could give it back but she could still have hope. She lifted her wings up (similar to a human holding their head high), which had fallen and were dragging down on the floor as she walked. There were tears welling in her eyes too but she was too proud to admit they were there so she ignored them.

Like she cared if she had friends anyway, she didn't need anyone. She was here for the Earth and the Earth alone, not some silly boy who thought she wanted to be a  kinslayer.

She needed to get out of this rabbit warren. That would cheer her up. She needed to soar until her wings hurt, watch all the buildings moving fast below her. She needed a bird's eye view of the world and to let the wind through her feathers, after she preened them. Stupid Tenebrous, stupid Mara.

And if you heard any of that Mara, I challenge you to stop me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal