Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Writers Block... ( -_-!) grrr!  (Read 1011 times)

Anonymous

Writers Block... ( -_-!) grrr!
« on: September 09, 2007, 10:30:03 pm »
Two new characters and I can't decide where to start them.
I really hate it when this happens. ({Sigh})
Rhi! Why did you have to give us so many options? WHY?

(*Beating head againt the wall.*)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 10:50:02 pm »
Ahahahaha! xDD

You know, the funny thing is, I was one of the people creating the site and all the areas and whatnot and...

>_> I hardly know where to start, either. *flails* Just because there is so much! Ah! It's pathetic!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:06:52 pm »
Truth be told, I have never joined an RPG that was in such infancy. So many boads to brake in. Its just overwhelming.

Like a vast field of snow, fresh and unbroken. You can only make so many snow angles and snow men befor your hands start to freeze.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 12:10:55 am »
Man, I haven't either! xD

Except when I made SotE almost seven years ago. That was intimidating.

Ahh! xDD
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 12:21:40 am »
Ooo, I cant even imagin how empty that must of felt.

Eire. {{Shiver}}

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 06:55:52 am »
Before I found SotE I had the uncanny habit of finding rp sites that had just opened, and in some cases found myself holding their hands as they died. I had no problem plowing into those games, but only because they were smaller themed games (mostly wolf or horse sites, and for a while I was drawn to mystical creature rps, then I found SotE <3). Make a character, join a group, stir up some drama, etc. etc. etc.

RotE is so open, I feel like my characters will drown if I cast them out without something for them to hang onto!

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 11:24:33 am »
Yeah I'm having the same problem, but luckily me and Crono are coordinating stuff off the boards to keep it more organized and more efficient. Edward/Wolfwitch, I'd be more than happy to make a thread if you wish. I found a good cure for writer's block is to have someone else start a thread.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 12:00:51 pm »
When I saw all the empty boards I was like O.o too but I decided to do what I always do with snow and big piles of leaves

Dove right in!! ^^

...and I was the first person to post!
Yay for diving in! ^^

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 12:22:25 pm »
Pizza parties in each section, yes?? :D

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 01:03:04 pm »
NC, I went through almost the same thing with the horse and wolf thing.
The very first RP I ever played was back in 2001 call Cascade Mountain. Though it had started as just horses and humans, by the time I had found it they were including Mythical Horses as well. After that it evolved several time over to include dragons, gryphons, wolves, dogs, and more, but all were in different sections, not interacting. It was a highly active game, where I got my feet wet in the rivers of online RP. I Had NO typing skill what so ever then, and my spelling was a **** of a lot worse. I still only type with one finger, but im faster. I owe alot to that game. *sad look.* When I went back years later CM was dieing. Only the wolf section was still going.  -_-, My very first rp Character ever was a black Unisus named Silver Fire Wing. (Goddess, now im gona cry.)
-----------------------------------

And Oceanix, Openings are usually my strong point. I like setting the seen. I set it up so that anyone can respond no matter how or what they play. The story line can go in every direction imaginable all depending on who replies to that opening post. If you set up the exact same post 3 times, and 3 different people responded to each one, you would end up with 3 completely different stories. It bogles the mind.  :shock: Like Choose your own Adventure, if anyone remembers those. ^_^

It's not really that I dont know what I want to do with them, is just where I want to do it. Getting it going is usually the easy part for me, Its waiting for a reply after that has me up and pacing.

({Clears throat.})

Mmm... Pizza, (Homer Gurrgle/Drool)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 09:21:10 am »
Ah, pizza would be most lovely... with breadsticks and garlic bread and *drowns in spittles*

Ed, not only do I remember the Choose Your Own Adeventure books (I <3 them, long time), I can get a bit leaky when I remember the first site I rped at. It was a mythical-if-the-owners-allowed-your-pups-to-have-teh-power wolf rp called Wolf Meadows, and a lot like a soap opera at times. When it was good, it was good and when it was bad it wasn't all too bad compared to the good times. It was the site I played at the longest after SotE. Most of the players eventually moved on to normal human rps, but I didn't even try those waters. I could handle the Young and the Canid, but not a human equivalent *shudders*

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 02:04:23 pm »
I actually still have three of the CYOA books. My sis gave em to me years ago, like many of her hand-me-downs or stuff she just didn't want anymore.

looking for them...

Ah, well it seems I remembered wrong, they are
Dungeons & Dragons, Endless Quest. but they work the same though.
10. Circus of Fear
11. Spell of the Winter Wizard
14. Raid on Nightmare Castle

The Cirsus one has a pegasus.

Problem over now though, ^_^

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 06:30:07 am »
I don't have anymore CYOA books now, they were casualties of frequent moving around. Though, I gave a pair of them to a friend of mine. They were a set, a book for one of two warlords that were supposed to be fighting. My brother and I would play them alot, but most of the time we wouldn't get to fight each other because we were never in the same spot at the same time XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal