Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Requiem of the Lonely [Goblin]  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Zero Undead

Requiem of the Lonely [Goblin]
« on: September 30, 2017, 07:00:19 am »
Most people looked forward to the weekend. Most people actually had plans for their weekends. Even Harley was going off to Havina for the weekend to visit Yavul and Grisham at DoSaM.

Just thinking about Yavul still there in the hospital, missing an arm and a lung, made Neeko’s chest tighten painfully. He had spent days sitting helplessly in the waiting room; first at the hospital here in Solarta, then a few more in Havina at DoSaM. It had been the worst days of his life in recent memory; even losing his eye hadn’t felt so terrible to him. It didn’t matter that he wasn’t a Valkyrie; they were still his squad, the ones he was supposed to be looking after in a sense.

At least Yavul and Adal were still alive.

Once they were both stable Neeko hadn’t been able to excuse remaining at DoSaM with them. There was too much work to catch up on. He’d hated leaving. All he could observe of Yavul now was the brief shenanigans in the Pilot chat between his resting. It was maddening.

When the office was officially closed, Neeko headed home. He was housed in the same building as all the other Pilots stationed in Solarta, up on the Royal floors. As the highest ranked Pilots they obviously had the biggest, best apartments. Years and years ago when he was first promoted he’d thought that was amazing, but the years had taught him that a Royal apartment was just far too big for just one person to occupy.

The bed was huge, obviously not meant for a single person. Who needed that much bed? It was cold and lonely. Why did he need such a big living room? Who needed a couch, two sitting chairs, and a recliner?

Neeko had come up with a clever solution to having way too much space – clutter. His apartment wasn’t dirty, but papers and books were stacked on most available surfaces. Only the recliner and part of the bed was clear of the mess. Since almost no one ever visited him anyway, it didn’t matter that there was nowhere else to sit or lay down. It had been years since the last time he’d actually had someone in his bed with him.

He went straight to his recliner and settled down with little intention of moving again until Monday except for feeding himself or taking the odd shower.

Offline GoblinFae

Re: Requiem of the Lonely [Goblin]
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:37:17 am »
The rail pulled into Solarta, waking Nishi as it came to a stop. A moment later she heard the trumpeting cry of Draconem sounding in her head. "Rise and shine the night's a'wastin'! Got a husband to meet...and boink!"

The Kitsuni groaned as she stretched, shouldered her bag, and exited to meet her overexcited dragon. "One would think you were the one getting married," she grumbled back to him. "I'd rather do this alone if you don't mind..."

The dragon huffed, shoving her from behind with his muzzle. "Housing's that way. Don't forget to shake that ass!" Nishi could hear him laughing at her even as he took to flight and headed off to his nest.

Her heart was racing, though she tried to convince herself it was just from the pace she had set for herself. Each step closer to her new fiance was counted to the beat of her heart. She reflected on how she even got into this mess. It had taken a day to get home to Aurora but the greeting she had expected was far from the warmth she craved. The first words out of her carrier's mouth were "we found you a husband, Nishi. He's a Pilot Royal stationed in Solarta. Isn't that wonderful! Isn't that just convenient!"

It had made her cringe. "Convenient" he said, as if. Nishi knew better. She was back from training and what better thing to do then to rush to marry her off to another Kitsuni before she found someone for herself and brought shame to the whole community. No the Kitsuni could certainly not have that. Those last two days at home felt like two years with the way her family went on and on about her upcoming marriage. It was a blessed relief then when she finally could hop on the rail and spend the next two days in relative isolated silence.

'1001, 1002, 1003...' Her thoughts were brought to an abrupt end as she found herself toe to toe with his door. Nishi's palms began to sweat as she fussed over her appearance before taking a deep breath and tentatively banging her fist against the door. 'Here goes nothing...'

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 11:38:29 am »
Nobody ever knocked on his door. Usually he knew someone was coming to his apartment long before they showed up. Nobody visited him but the odd Valkyrie anyway, and most of them were not in town right now on account of Yavul and Adal being in the hospital in Havina.

Neeko groaned and pulled himself out of his chair, which was a right shame, because recliners were insanely comfortable. His silver hair was disheveled from having his fingers run through it so many times, and his blue stripped dress shirt was untucked and already becoming wrinkled from lounging for those precious few minutes of peace.

When his door slid open a small Kitsuni female was not at all what he was expecting to see. Certainly not a bright white one, which would definitely make her ice just like him, and why was she here?

“Can I help you?” Neeko tilted his head, looking at her with puzzlement. Was this girl lost? She was far, far from home. Was this the new Pilot? It wasn’t what he was expecting, and he still had no idea why she was knocking on his door. Maybe she just needed help finding her assigned quarters.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 11:51:20 am »
Unintentionally a nervous whine echoed from within Nishi's throat. She could not bring herself to look him in the eye. Truthfully she could not look up from his feet. "Pilot Royal Reynard um," Nishi paused to lick her lips and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "My name is um I mean I'm Pilot Cardinal Tokala and I um that is um...I'm your wife!"

She flinched as it suddenly came bursting forth from her mouth. That was not at all how she had meant for this to go. Thank goodness Draconem was not around to mock her. "I mean...I'm supposed to be your wife...I...sorry," the Kitsuni whimpered, fighting back tears of frustration. "Can I come in, sir?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 12:12:13 pm »
 Oh man, was she whining? The sound made his hears twitch, such a familiar sound, but one he hadn’t heard a lot since leaving Aurora. Had this girl really made it out of Candidacy? Part of him felt bad for her, being so nervous. She looked ready to cry. That wouldn’t really do at all for a Pilot to be a sniffling mess on anyone’s doorstep.

Neeko never thought she was going to get the words out, but damn when she did that was the last thing he expected to hear. She was his what?

He had been through a lot of things in his life, and heard a lot of things, but this had to top the cake on all of it. Honestly it shouldn’t surprise him. His mother was a meddlesome person, his marriage had been arranged four times already and he’d failed to show up for any of those weddings. Sending the next poor bride right to his doorstep should make perfect sense.

Didn’t expect her to be so nervous, though, figured she’d be forceful and demanding not about to fall over herself.

“Pilot Cardinal Tokala…” Neeko let her name roll around his tongue for a moment before he sighed heavily and stepped to the side. “Well the least I can do is let you in. I take it they didn’t actually assign you an apartment here? Of course they didn’t, they’d expect you to stay with your…fiancé.”

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 12:25:05 pm »
He was surprisingly...kind . She had expected to be sent out on her rear at his first sight of her. Instead he was letting her in his home...their home. "Thank you, sir," Nishi murmured, dipping her head respectfully to him as she entered, her tail tucked in tight against her legs.

Once inside though she did not know what to do with herself. Nishi adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder before remembering herself and straightening to attention. "No sir, I was not assigned anywhere else. I'm supposed to report to duty on Monday. I'm sorry for the imposition. I...I can find a hotel or something if you prefer. I was just told to report...to meet you as soon as I made it into the city."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 12:40:48 pm »
After Nishi was inside, the door slid shut behind her. This was already going to be an awkward situation and conversation, no need to have it out in the hallway where nosy people could overhear. Of course one of the few Royals in the city was in Havina instead. Fuck but he wished Yavul was still in town. He’d have at the very least had some advice for him!

…maybe he was awake and in the chat.

Neeko fixed his one eye on her with a soft frown. Well nobody could really help him with this pickle, could they? He always was living on borrowed time when it came to the family.

“First of all, please don’t call me ‘sir’. My name’s Neeko, and if my own fiancée can’t call me by my own name there’s a bit of a problem with the world. Don’t you think?” There wasn’t exactly an easy solution here, well there could be. It would be simple to just throw her out and demand they give her an apartment down in the Cardinal sections. He’d never hear the end of it, though. “Second, a hotel won’t be necessary.”

He ran a hand through his hair with another sigh, closing his eye and carefully adjusting the eye patch concealing the injury that had put him behind a desk and in Solarta in the first place.

“Excuse the mess, I wasn’t expecting company. Let’s get your things settled in the bedroom and we can talk, or you could take a relaxing shower. I know that rail ride is rough.” Neeko glanced around at all the stacks of papers, books, and notes. He’d have to pick up the place if she was staying for now.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 12:53:24 pm »
"Neeko," she spoke softly, raising her chin finally to look at him. Silver eyes widened in surpriseat the sight of him. The Pilot Royal certainly was a fine specimen of a man. He even had two tails! Nishi felt a tiny spark of jealousy that she smothered as quickly as it formed. She always wished she had a second tail too like the rest of her kin.

"It's not messy. But thank you...um bedroom?" She gripped her bag tighter, allowing it to fall across her chest to form a slight barrier between the two of them Kitsuni. "I wouldn't mind a shower if it's not too much trouble. But we can talk first if you'd rather that. Whatever you want sir, uh Neeko."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 01:25:10 pm »
What was that look? Neeko was suddenly trying to decipher the meaning behind every glance. Did she find him attractive? Was she disappointed with him? He wasn’t sure how much she knew about him before showing up at his doorstep. It wasn’t like their families would have cared about much other than they were both Kitsuni, both Pilots, and both single.

It sucked not knowing anything at all about her. At least she knew about the engagement before two minutes ago.

“Yeah, the bedroom, that’s where most people stay, isn’t it?” Neeko tried to smile at her, she seemed nervous and maybe even straight up frightened. Hard to miss the way she clung to that duffle bag like a shield from him. “Don’t worry, you can have the bed and I’ll sleep on the couch tonight.”

He gestured for her to follow him, the door leading into the bedroom was right off the living room, and the kitchen was open as well. The cluttered mess occupied the bedroom too, with the bed and dresser littered with ever more books and notes. Most of the books were of a historical and research nature, with a few self-help and writing handbooks scattered among the rest.

“Through that door there is the master bath, and the door next to it is a walk-in closet.” Neeko pointed out, giving her a very quick tour of sorts. “Uh, is that bag it? I mean, that doesn’t seem like a whole lot of things for you to have packed to bring. Is more being shipped?”

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 02:00:15 pm »
She paused watching his rear depart without even realizing she was staring before she shucked off her shoes and hurried to follow him. "I can sleep on the couch. It's your bed and I'm...the intruder here." Her eyes darted about, taking in her surroundings quickly and mapping it in her mind for later reference.

"Candidates aren't allowed a lot of possessions," Nishi commented, glancing down at her bag. "I'm just freshly graduated. Besides two days with my parents and...you could say I was in a bit of a hurry to leave. It's not everyday you hear you're getting married. Well...I guess for you it's a bit more common, sir...Neeko."

Looking him in the eye with a tight expression she admitted awkwardly, "I'm not very good at making conversation. Sorry..."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 02:15:29 pm »
“Do you know how much my mother would complain if he found out that I made you sleep on the couch? No way. Take the bed; I sleep in my chair half the time anyway.” It seemed like a perfectly good reason for him to give up his bed for her. He was even telling the truth, most nights he passed out in his recliner with the T.V. on some stupid late night show. “Besides, you’re not an intruder; you’re my fiancée, right?”

If they were actually going to acknowledge the engagement then this was as much her place as it was his now.

Neeko laughed when she mentioned hearing you’re getting married. Well, it wasn’t a big secret; she’d probably heard her family griping about him. Everyone knew Neeko the Traitor. It didn’t surprise him she might know he’d been engaged four times already and had failed to make an appearance to any of his own weddings as of yet, much to the family’s displeasure.

“Yeah, I’ve been engaged four times now, it never stuck. Of course this is the first time they sent my fiancée to me. You gave me a little shock when you first announced yourself as my wife, I won’t lie.” He eyed her for a few moments before shaking his head.

“What do you want to do about this? I mean, do you actually want to marry me? You seem awful nervous for a girl that’s eager to snag herself a husband. They pressuring you into this too? If you want to call it off, just go ahead. I know it’s rough going against the family, but we’re Pilots now. We can say no to them if we really want to.” Neeko had four times already, but he doubted this would be the last time they tried to force a wife on him if he turned this one away.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 02:34:42 pm »
"And you think mine would be any more pleased kicking a man out of his bed? He'd hop on the next rail out here." Nishi dropped her bag on the floor and ran her hands through her hair, causing it to ruffle and her ears to twitch.

"Marriage? I'm female. It was a given I'd be married off the first chance they got especially after the stunt I pulled to get into ATC. What difference is it to me if it's you or the next guy, with all due respect of course? You outrank me, of course I'm nervous. They've got me setup to marry a war hero and I'm nothing but a tiny little Pilot Cardinal, knobby-kneed and fresh out of school."

She blushed and looked away from him, embarrassed that she had spoken in such a way to her superior, fiancee or not he could still probably make sure she stayed a Pilot Cardinal for the rest of her career. "If you don't want to marry me then just say and I'll get my stuff and leave. But, don't think you're saving me from anything. If they had their way I'd be stationed back in Aurora as their kept pet, Pilot or not.

"However, if we could make this work, form some sort of compromise then maybe we could both have some of the freedom we sneak. Seems to me I won't be the last one they send to your doorstep even if I am the first."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 03:34:18 pm »
Well this was all proved either of their mothers actually found out. Knowing his mother, they were probably expecting them to share the bed tonight, and more than for just sleeping. If he had never been pulled away from the family he probably would have married the first person he was presented with just as he was told.

None of this would seem strange at all.

Sometimes he really wished that he had never been taken away.

Neeko’s lips pursed into a thin line as he glared at her through his one eye, he had been a Royal for a very long time, and her tone was not one he liked, especially not from a fresh Cardinal; even if he was supposed to marry her.

“A war hero, am I?” A low growling started rumbling in his chest as he stalked forward, eye narrowed angrily and his expression very much looking like a predator stalking prey as he used his superior size to back this mouthy little female against the wall. He had one hand on either side of her head, his arms acting like a cage to block her in as his face lowered close to hers. “Maybe you should be a little more grateful at having been given to me, then?”

From the moment she’d appeared at his door and told him she was his wife, Neeko had been trying to decide what to do with her. He could refuse. It would be very easy to refuse and maybe it would be the right thing to do in the eyes of most non-Kitsuni. He still held those deep-seated ties to his kin, though, and being away caused him severe trauma.

Every day he carried a weight most people couldn’t even imagine.

Neeko had always preferred men, sexually, but women held their own appeal. More importantly, here was a female of his own kind, thrown at his mercy. He could turn her away and make the family angry with them both, or he could accept her and help them both regain some reputation with the family. His decision would ultimately decide both their futures.

She had a cute face, her hair was practically itching to be ruffled, and her lips were begging to be kissed; poor kid, such an innocent little lamb. He kind of liked the way her eyes had dilated and her ears were pinned back. How was this calming her when trying to be the nice guy had made her more nervous?

“I think maybe you should go take a shower, little girl, before I decide to get angry about your running lip.” Neeko stepped back, eye closing and scowling softly. “I’m not going to contest the engagement.”

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 03:57:36 pm »
He easily boxed her as Nishi offered no resistance. She heard the warning growl deep in his voice and instinctively obeyed without question. It was the same tone that all of her previous mentors had used with her to control her into obedience during her Candidacy. While her ears did lay flat against her skull her chin was raised to attention. The Kitsuni before her though her husband to be was also a Pilot Royal, the Neeko Reynard in fact. She had read his file when she first heard the news of their impending marriage. She knew everything about him there was to know, at least that had been written down.

"Yes, sir," she barked, already forgetting his invitation to call him Neeko as she ducked under his arm and scuttled off to the shower. Her bag was forgotten where she left it as the door to the bathroom was shut and she rushed to obey her commanding officer's orders.

Only once she was in the shower and under the warm spray did she actually take in and comprehend what had just happened. 'He said yes...I'm going to get married..to a male with a...' Nishi blushed and drowned her thoughts out by dunking her head under the shower head. 'I made him angry though. I should expect further reprimand and punishment when I'm done here I suppose. I definitely deserve it for mouthing off like that. Draconem is going to kill me. This is certainly not what he had in mind.'

Nishi growled to herself and tried to return her focus to scrubbing herself clean. Her skin would be red with scrubbing if she had her way about it. 'I wonder if he's eaten yet. Maybe I should make something...but I can't cook. It would be rude to make him make food. Hmm maybe there's somewhere nearby I can order food? I could ask the other Pilots. I'm sure they could make a recommendation or two. That's wife-like enough, right?'

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 05:37:48 pm »
Neeko watched her scuttle off to obey, letting out what seemed like the hundredth sigh since she arrived in his home. What was he even thinking? Of all the times to actually accept an engagement was this really it? The girl was cute, and actually a Pilot. None of the others had been Pilots. Maybe he just was that desperate. When was even the last time he’d gotten laid or gone on a date?

It wasn’t just that, though.

As a Pilot he was expected to show a certain degree of competency and to be put together. Nobody knew how broken he was, how miserable and alone he felt. The other Pilots weren’t enough to replace the void of his family. Not that he could talk about it. Neeko would never admit the depth of his depression.

Marrying the girl would commit him for life, but he would have another Kitsuni to bond with. It was probably his only chance to have children. Breeding outside of the species was insanely taboo. Even removed from the culture it was one he’d never dared to question.

Waiting for her to shower, Neeko shrugged off his thoughts and began cleaning off the bed, putting his things away on numerous shelves. If she was sleeping in the bed tonight he had to at least make sure she had all the room she could want or need. It really was a huge bed, but he doubted she wanted books all over the bed with her.

He wondered if she was hungry, having just gotten home Neeko hadn’t gotten food yet. Well if she was hungry she’d mention it when she got done in the shower. The bed cleaned, he moved to the dresser, frowning at the single duffle bag lying on the floor.

They needed to go shopping and get her more things. It would take time to build her back up from the sparse belongings of a Candidate.

Pulling out his com, he decided that now was as good as any time to let his friends know. It was undoubtedly going to be juicy gossip. Hopefully they would be supportive, understand, and respect his decision. They were all human, though, and he was expecting at least a little drama, but maybe not quite this much.

Having Rando call Nishi a dumb bitch set his blood on fire. It wasn't her fault that they were engaged. She was just doing as she was told by her family, the same as him!

A furious exchange later and he was still raging internally, but he pushed it down.

Neeko pulled out a fresh, fluffy towel from the linen closet and lightly rapped his knuckles on the bathroom door. Should he go in? Would that be too presumptuous? They were engaged, but that didn’t seem like automatic permission to barge in on her naked in the shower.

“I’ve got a fresh towel for you. Do you want me to just, uh, set it on the vanity? I won’t peek…” Yeah, that seemed like the right thing to offer.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 06:04:41 pm »
Nishi was just finishing off the last of her rinsing off and starting to turn the water off when she heard the knock on the door. "One moment!" she shouted while hurrying to hop out of the shower.

With her curls plastered straight and flat against her head and her skin rosy from scrubbing she whipped the door open, coming face to face with Neeko. It was a few heartbeats before she realized her very naked mistake and what he had been trying to say to her. She was not being rushed out of the shower and into line up but instead being offered a towel.

With a wide-eyed squeak and a fierce blush, she yanked the towel away from his hands and quickly slammed the door shut again. "Sorry!" she yelped. In a flustered rush she went about trying to dry off and calm her racing heart all at the same time. With the towel firmly secured about her middle, Nishi scooped up her com and attempted to make good on the idea she had come up with in the shower. "Maybe food will help," she muttered as she logged in, completely unaware of the things her fiancee and others had been saying about her.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 06:45:34 pm »
Why did he have to wait a moment to crack the door and leave a towel? He already promised not to peek! Of course not peeking only worked when she didn’t throw the door wide open while naked and dripping. Neeko’s singular eye bulged slightly as he got a good eyeful. It was hard not to let his gaze roam up and down her body for those few heartbeats. He was marrying this girl, might as well take a look while she was just presenting so beautifully.

A moment later the towel was ripped from his hands and the door slammed in his face, he could even feel the wind coming off it she had shut it so hard and quick. Not fast enough to keep him from seeing her break out in that blush, though.

Neeko chuckled and pulled his com back out, chatting with them while he was left to wait yet again on his future wife.

The Pilot Chat was going to drive him nuts. Grisham was high as a fucking kite, but did he have to ask about Nishi’s tits like that? He hadn’t even gotten to play with those and here Grisham was being a pervy dick to her. Maybe it shouldn’t bother him, because he barely knew this girl, but already he felt just a little possessive. She was his fiancée!

Before he could really get into it again, Nishi was posting her own response to the crude teasing of the chat, and Neeko found himself howling with laughter. So his blushy bride had some bite to her after all. He liked that.

“Alright, alright,” Neeko snickered as he got control of himself again, dropping the bag just outside the door and turning his back to it. “Come get them. I’m not looking.”

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 07:04:29 pm »
So much for trying to ask where to get dinner and surprise Neeko. She should have known better though. This was his home turf after all. Hearing his laughter after her response though made her stomach tingle like snowflakes were dancing about in it. He approved of her fire so to speak. Even if she did admit that she liked women he had not seemed to notice or perhaps care which suited her just fine.

His truce over her clothes was a welcome relief. Still, Nishi opened the door slowly, peering her head around to make sure he was not trying to sneak a peek before she stepped forward and kicked her bag behind her into the bathroom. All the while her eyes never once left boring holes into the back of his head.

"Thank you," she chirped before slipping back in and shutting the door, though this time more quietly. She slipped into a pair of loose sweatpants and a thick hoodie before taking to task with toweling off her tail followed by brushing it until it was velvety smooth and soft.

Eventually despite all of her stalling there was nothing left for her to do but to exit. Her dirty clothes were packed back into the bag and the towel was carefully hung up to dry. Sheepishly, Nishi exited the bathroom, all but attempting to sneak out even though she knew it was no use. Her perky ears poked out of holes in the hood of her hoodie and swiveled about listening for where Neeko might be even as she prepared herself for a double reprimand: once for her behavior earlier, and then twice for slamming a door in his face.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 07:37:37 pm »
Neeko couldn’t fault her for liking a bit of pudding when he enjoyed a lot of sausage. That would just have been hypocritical of him! Besides, it really didn’t matter who they enjoyed sleeping with before, they were engaged now. Kitsuni obviously weren’t always exactly monogamous, what with the females picking up males left and right to marry.

When she got her bag he looked around at the mostly tidied bedroom and moved to the living room, working on cleaning off chairs, end tables, and the couch. Neeko really didn’t even consider that he was already altering his apartment for her by picking up all the crap he usually just left lying around.

Living alone he could come up with plenty of excuses not to pick up those things as long as he kept dirty dishes and laundry up. With Nishi moving in it seemed wrong to crowd the apartment selfishly.

Next he moved to the kitchen. Nishi had asked chat about places to get food, so she must be hungry after all. He got into the fridge and pulled out everything he needed to make sushi. It was cold and with his little rolling machine it was easy to make. Quick too, as he managed to fix two rolls while she dried her hair and changed.

Neeko’s ears twitched as he heard her sneaking out of the bathroom, but he didn’t turn from the kitchen counter where he was working. Most of the clutter was gone now, put on the shelves where it belonged.

“Most of the food places around here serve hot things. I don’t know if hot food bothers you, but I can’t eat it without upsetting my stomach. If you want something hot just let me know, we can go out and get you whatever you want to eat, but I’m making sushi if you want some.” Sharing a first meal together might be nice, and they could talk more. He knew nothing about her or her expectations of him.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 08:01:46 pm »
"You didn't have to make me food," she told him softly, her ears folding down over the hood dejectedly. "I...I was asking because I wanted to do something nice for you. I wanted to thank you and apologize and...I'm sorry I yelled at you. I'm sorry I just showed up out of the blue and that I'm the marriage you don't want. But, I want to make it work with you."

Nishi shuffled up closer to stand beside him. Unconsciously her tail reached out to brush against the back of his leg. She did not even realize that standing so close to him made her long so desperately to be comforted and forgiven. She could run from The Family but that way of life would never be far behind her.

"Sushi would be nice. How can I help?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal