Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Phone Call - Pilot Echo Eleria to Jexica Holding  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Zero Undead

Re: Phone Call - Pilot Echo Eleria to Jexica Holding
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 06:24:43 pm »
Jexica only let the phone ring twice before answering to the sound of his ringtone, raising it nervously to her ear. What if it was something bad? Were more people hurt? Was he tired of their silly dates already?

She couldn't even say hello before he was talking, and just hearing his voice was enough to split her lips into a wide grin. Especially at his greeting, which made her blush.

"I'm fine, just laying in bed is all. Is everything okay?"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 06:53:09 pm »
"Is everything...yeah, everything's fine. Nothing bad happened, I just, uh...."

He stopped for a second, letting out a long sigh. He didn't even really know what to say to her about this. 'Hey, Jexica, is it bad that we're not having sex?' That'd go over real well.

He hunched over on his couch, the phone crammed against his ear.

"I...well, I had something on my mind that's been...bothering me a little bit. Something somebody said, about what I was doing about...us."

His other hand rose, running nervously through his hair, fingertips digging into his scalp.

"Listen, you, um...you don't think I seem...uninterested, do you?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 07:06:44 pm »
Nothing bad happened, what a relief!

Jexica frowned as he started trying to bring up what was obviously a touchy subject for him if it was bothering him so much. What the hell had people been saying about them? Or about 'what he was doing' with 'us', rather?

"I...what?" When he finally managed to spit out a somewhat coherent question the poor girl was left a little flabbergasted. What kind of question was that? "Well I kind of figured if you weren't interested we wouldn't still be going on dates, right? What did they say that got you all worried and nervous?"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 07:29:11 pm »
Well. Fuck. There it was.

"Um...well..Look. I'm gonna be up front about this, mostly because I don't know any other way to say it."

Oh, boy. No need for nerves, now. So why the hell wouldn't they stop?

"Well, what's going on is this...I've been the subject of alot of teasing because...well, because I haven't tried anything with you yet. But, I really just..I wanted you to know that I wasn't dating you for sex. You're so much better than that, you know? But it wasn't the teasing that really bothered me, but what someone else said..."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 07:40:46 pm »
Well that didn't make her any less confused. It did made her scowl a little bit, though. They were teasing him about not having sex with her yet? That was just mean!

Something else he said made her giggle, though.

"Well of course you aren't dating me for sex. If that was all you wanted we'd have done it in my hotel room after the photo shoot and there wouldn't have been any dates!" That seemed super obvious to her.

"What else did they say?" Jexica couldn't put him at ease unless she knew what was really causing his stress.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 05:40:43 am »
Raz blinked a little at her first response, not so much at the words, but at the way she said it. After a second, he cracked a broad smile, and chuckled into the phone. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. Though, I don't know if that last part is really true." He still probably would have met her at the rail station the next day, at least to see her off. And who knows what would have happened from there.

Then she asked for more, and he sighed. "One of the other squad members said that if I hadn't made a move yet, you might feel like if I were friend-zoning you. I'm not, you know, and I am interested, I just...well, I have a habit of..."

Fuck, he talked himself into a corner. Way to go, Raz!

He sighed again, and started over. "I've got a history of one night stands. I've never commited to a relationship before, not for...a really long time. I...didnt want to do that this time. With you."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 07:30:22 am »
She liked the sound of his chuckles, and it was better than the nervous stuttering or the sighs. Not that the sighs seemed to be over for this phone call. Jexica figured this was probably really awkward for him to discuss with her and tried to stay as serious and polite about it as she could. It wouldn't do to make him feel like she was taking his concerns lightly!

That's why she let him finish speaking, and then remained quiet for a few moments while she mulled over how best to respond.

"Well I guess I should first just let you know that I don't feel friend zoned at all. Honestly I think that's a pretty stupid term to begin with. Our dates have been a lot of fun, and I like you a whole lot. I hope you haven't been worried that I would care about your history of one night stands..." Jexica bit her bottom lip and shook her head, even though he couldn't see the action.

"I don't care what you did with other people in the past, it doesn't matter. All I'm worried about is what we do together right now, you know? I mean, I'm no stranger to one-night stands myself, and you're the first guy I've actually dated." She was smiling broadly and it was easy to hear it in her voice. "So try not to worry so much about that stuff, okay? I am very happy and interested in everything we've been doing so far, but, I mean, if you wanted to try some other things too I'd be okay with that~."

Oh she was blushing but had a huge grin too.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 09:40:57 am »
After he finished speaking, he heard nothing but silence for a few seconds. At one point, he'd actually pulled the phone away from his ear to glance at the screen, confirming they still had a connection.

Silence worried him, during this conversation. But, he was more than relieved at her next words, and he let out a pent up breath he hadn't been realized he'd been holding. All his worrying and fear was over nothing, and he quickly found himself smiling.

"You know...I like you alot, too. And I've really, really enjoyed our dates together. Hell, even just popping in and hanging out at your place has been more than awesome, and I wish we could do it more."

Her next words had him both grinning like a fool, and blushing like an idiot. He had wondered at the possibility of the conversation turning this direction, but hadn't counted on her actually voicing it.

"....you know what? I'd like to come up again this weekend. And I was thinking...maybe... we could get a pool or something to ourselves...go swimming together." And then, much lower, his voice a little husky:

"And we can see what happens."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 12:28:20 pm »
"I wish we had more time together too." Her voice was almost wistful, because between her insane schedule and his equally as full one, then add in the several hour rail ride between them, and time was pretty precious.

Look at him, pulling through with a great idea on how to spend their next visit. That low, husky voice of his also sent little shivers through her as she bit her lip again.

"There's a private pool and hot tub on the roof we can use." She had also dropped her voice softly, almost shy as she informed him of the little treasure they could explore on the rooftop together. "Um, but when you say the weekend...could you maybe...stay the weekend...here?"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2017, 01:29:24 pm »
The wistful tone in her voice nearly broke his heart. He'd give anything to be with her more often, ditch a couple of drills during the week and just say fuck it. But there was no way that could happen. Not now, when his commander was still sitting in DoSaM, and they had new squad members running around. Arika's workload was heavy enough, and he intended to help however he could.

But this weekend was free, as far as he was aware. Nothing was scheduled, so far, so as long as he was back by Monday morning, everything should be peachy-keen.

"That sounds....absolutel y fantastic." He certainly didn't miss the way her voice lowered to match his. "And...yeah, I mean...I've got the time, but...I mean...its not gonna cause a problem, is it? With your people? Cuz if not...hell, yeah, I'll stay with you the whole weekend."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 07:28:20 pm »
"It's my apartment! If I want to invite my boyfriend to spend the weekend with me, then I'm going to do just that." Jexica pouted a little just thinking about needing permission from "her people" to have Raz over for the weekend.

It was totally fine. Mr. Anderson couldn't expect her not to spend time with Raz when the opportunity presented itself.

"I can't wait for the weekend now." A whole weekend! Just thinking about it was making her feel giddy again. Hopefully she wouldn't be too excited to sleep tonight, or the rest of the nights between now and when she'd see him again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal