Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Floating in Space (Fenpeather)  (Read 726 times)

silvermistshadow

Floating in Space (Fenpeather)
« on: December 08, 2012, 02:19:33 pm »
Somewhere, some unknown distance away from Libra, the Truth detected an escape pod floating along. It might've left it alone given all the supplies, but the medical staff didn't like the vital signs they could detect. The larger vessel approached with its docking port aligned with the escape pod's own. The normally smooth outside of the black hull was contrasted by the opening, which was pristine white besides the warnings painted on it and the holographic external computer. A small light illuminated the area. The warnings contained alien writing, appearing like no human language, real or imagined.

A low-power shield on the outside ensured the connection was airtight even though the airlock was smooth and had no obvious way to secure the vessel. Air simply could not cross the field, ensuring there was no decompression necessary between the vessels. While the homeworld had different pressures for the various gases, the vessel maintained something close to the atmosphere Earth had once had, before most of it was turned into a wasteland.

The outer airlock door slid open, the inside dark only for a moment as the entire vessel switched from infrared lighting to the visual spectrum. It was also painted white inside there, though there were more holograms, ones with human language on them. The crew waited further inside to greet their guest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Fenpeather

Re: Floating in Space (Fenpeather)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 03:23:17 pm »
Pod VII floated listlessly, engines quiet and lights off. Corduroy preferred it that way when she slept, claiming she rested easier when there was only the sound of space to be heard. The pod's pilot had draped herself over the small couch in her living area and was sleeping quite heavily, using her balled-up jacket as a makeshift pillow. She twitched fitfully as she slept, and every little movement scooted her closed and closer to the edge of her couch. As she neared the edge it seemed like her fits would bump her off her bed, but before that could happen the whole pod jerked violently.

The motion forced Corduroy off the side of the couch, but she was awake before she hit the floor. She cushioned her fall with her hands and scrambled to her feet, wincing at the minor pain in her side as her still-healing muscles stretched. "Computer," she croaked, throat groggy from her nap. "Engines online." She vaulted a storage box and slid into the cockpit as Pod VII rumbled to life. "Radar scans." She flicked a switch on the console, and the cockpit windows went from opaque to clear. A beat passed as Cord's jaw dropped.

"Radar scans show one other vessel in the immediate area," came the computerized reply. "They have brought Pod VII into dock and initiated an airlock seal, but have not yet taken any further action."

Cord stared at the white ship that filled the cockpit's view, stunned for several seconds.  Then, slowly, she stood and headed towards the airlock. "Engines idle," she ordered, a slow frown making its way across her face. "Lock down all storage." Grabbing her jacket from the couch as she passed, she shrugged it on and took a couple deep breaths. One hand rested on the holstered gun at her hip, while the other punched the airlock release. Air hissed outwards as the pod opened, and she stood defensively in the threshold as the dock became visible.

"...Hello?"

silvermistshadow

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:48:18 am »
There was only another door a few meters from her position, but despite the fact that no one seemed to be there, something did speak. "Hello. Sorry to awaken you so suddenly, but we wanted to see if we could assist you." The voice seemed female, and seemed to come from one of the holographic panels inside the airlock. However, there was no image.

Misaki stood alone one the other side of the inner door. She didn't want to open the door until she was certain that this person even wanted any help. And that she wouldn't shoot upon seeing someone that wasn't the same species.

Fenpeather

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:44:05 am »
Tensing involuntarily as someone spoke, Cord wrapped her fingers around her gun before forcing herself to relax. The voice didn't seem hostile, but she'd seen a lot during her travels. "Help me how, exactly?" There was no malice or rudeness in her voice, just a guarded curiosity. "I don't even know who you are, or where you came from, or where you're going. I wake up to find I'm docked with a massive ship and they say they want to 'help me'. Sorry for not being all smiles, but I really have no reason to trust you." She released her gun and crossed her arms, leaning against the side of the airlock. "Who exactly are you, again?"

silvermistshadow

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 06:39:29 pm »
A guarded disposition was what Misaki sensed in the other's voice. One that was common in this system, at least among those who traveled space often. "To assess your wounds, and resupply your escape pod, at the very least." She spoke calmly and carefully. "This vessel is an exploration vessel from outside of your solar system. We'll be staying in system for the foreseeable future, and will likely visit most of it several times. My name is Misaki, I am the commander of this ship." She explained. One of the holographic displays across from the woman in the airlock now showed the other side, with just Misaki there, apparently unarmed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal