Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Sympathy for a Devil [M] (Cheesi!)  (Read 7663 times)

Offline Lion

Re: Sympathy for a Devil [M] (Cheesi!)
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 06:40:10 pm »
A fuss had already been made about the ship, and he wasn't about to give her anything else to gloat over. True enough just because she was pretty hot when she was pissed didn't mean he was going to let her one-up him. Not when nothing further called for it. The ship would be paid for, she didn't have to worry about that.  One thing at a time was all he could really handle now.

Once they were at the hotel, his pallor lightened and he gripped on his side. His shirt was already soaked with blood from the side.  Complaining just wasn't his style.  And she showed him what she did with complainers.  At least his boner had gone away in the middle of that rec room fight.

One less thing to worry about.

"HEY!" he griped and wrenched from her as she pushed him into the bathroom.  "Easy."  He shrugged his jacket off and the gun harness to remove his blood-soaked shirt. "I'm not paying for this room. This was your idea, all right. I'm already trying to be careful as it is."  Peeling off the make-shift bandage, he arced it into the garbage can on the side and scowled at the wound.  "Fucker got me good."

"OUCH!" he hissed and grit his teeth.  "I said I was fucking sorry, Reva, all right! And I'll pay for any fucking damages to your ship and my own piece of shit vessel!  That was already agreed in a very clear nonverbal way.  Besides if anyone is getting blood on the floor it's you!"  He pointed to the dribble that was coming down her leg and stained a small portion metallic base of the hot tub.

Cheesigator

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 06:53:17 pm »
Reva rolled her eyes as he bitched and snapped right back at her, a reaction she should be far more used to than she actually was.

When he pointed out the wound on her leg she didn't even bat an eyelash, instead doing the best she could to clean the dirt out of his wound instead, for once thankful she was short since it made it easier for her to tend to him without having to get on her knees in front of him. Considering his record with boners, he'd have probably liked it a little too much.

"I can pay for my own blood but I ain't paying for yours." She growled, tossing the towels into the trash when she heard a knock on the hotel room door--ah yes, that'd be her things.

She thanked the hotel worker kindly and closed the door, ignoring the stare of horror she got from the young man as she set the bag down on the ginormous bed and searched around inside, finding exactly what she was looking for.

She had a different pair of arms in here that she preferred to her golden ones when it came to any kind of interaction with bodily fluids--her regular pair were best for working with machinery and all the fine-tuned work required in doing so. This pair, porcelain white and almost perfectly human in appearance, save for thin strips of rainbow LEDs starting at her knuckles and traveling up to stop at her bicep, were waterproof.

She shook her new hands a little and came back in with her own personal aid kit, something she always kept on her ship because big surprise, accidents tended to happen with other people around her quite a lot. She pulled out a surgical needle and thread, giving him a single look that essentially said 'Bite the pillow bitch I'm going in dry.'

As much as she'd mildly enjoyed torturing the three-armed woman from before, torturing a customer was not high on her to-do list for today; so she made quick work of stitching him back up, trying to keep it as clean and fast as possible for his sake more than her own. Once finished, she snipped the remaining thread and sighed, sanitizing the needle and tucking it all back away in her kit. She'd also done him a solid and used a little super glue to help fuse his skin back together, it'd help him recover just a tad bit quicker, even though it stung like a bitch.

"Just don't do anything else stupid while you've got that in you or you'll rip it open again." She grumbled, latching the kit shut and dropping it back off in the bedroom, already taking her boots off as she came back into the bathroom. Now it was time to shower, and then relax in the hot tub, and pretend this whole day had never happened.

Offline Lion

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 07:13:52 pm »
Thade just bit on his lips when the needle came sinking into his skin. He didn't need to say anything else other than all the steam he'd let off on her already. She was a professional, he figured. She could handle it.  So he instead focused on her handiwork and let the stitches come together with a satisfying tug of the thread.

The superglue was also a nice touch.  He'd heal faster now without bleeding out all over the place. The knife had been triangularly shaped now that he thought about it, and it's metal had twisted into him in a way that would prevent the gap from closer properly, if at all. To a normal person such a wound was a death-sentence. Even he bled more than usual.

Thade sighed and would have been more than happy to just collapse right then and there. She left momentarily to put her things away and he took off his own clothes. It was a big shower. She was already paying for the room, so might as well take advantage of it.  He wasn't going to shirk her generosity.

Even if she failed to deliver the ass-kicking he so rightly deserved.  That was her problem now.

By the time she came back into the bathroom, the water was already on and he was in the shower, clicking the door closed behind him.  Beneath him the tiles reddened with Edanith dirt and he sudsed himself up until he looked like a snow man.  "Sorry, lovely," he murmured over the rush of water. "Occupied."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:14:05 pm by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 07:30:58 pm »
Reva blinked and stared at the shower as she watched the door click shut. Occupied.

And the bastard had the audacity to call her "lovely."

She stood there outside of the shower door for a moment, staring at it as fury started bubbling up inside of her again and she contemplated her choices.

She WANTED to drag him out by his hair and beat him until his face was black and blue.

BUT. He was a customer. It would be highly unprofessional of her to do so.

But she could get away with things they couldn't prove was her doing.

Her gaze flicked to where the knobs were set into the shower wall, for controlling temperature. She tested the hot one and found that her memory of this hotel served correct: these showers could get scaldingly hot, so any normal person, like Thade here, wouldn't turn it up all the way. In fact it was barely turned on at all. Well.

Clearly he couldn't enjoy his shower if he didn't explore its capabilities to the fullest. Remember what she'd thought earlier, about not using her mind for anything else today?

Well this was an exception.

Using her telekinesis, she wrenched the handle for warm water all the way on, and, being that it was a hotel shower, it got that water temperature up in an instant, so hot in fact she could feel the heat in the steam that was already warming up the glass. And for good measure, she reached up with an open hand, suddenly closing it in a clenched fist.

All the hotel-provided amenities on the shelves within the shower, like shampoo, body wash, etc. etc., flew from their spots on the shelves and flung themselves at him with enough force to leave bruises and welts.

Once she was convinced she'd tortured him enough, she finished undressing and perched on the edge of the hot tub with damp paper towels, wiping off the blood that had dried on her torso, face, and the fresher stuff that was running down her leg. She was poised rather elegantly as she wiped most of the dirt off, crossed her legs at the knee after tossing the rag to the trash can and focused on brushing the dirt and blood out of her hair, a natural soft curve to her back as she sat with her eyes on the city outside of the window, the rays of sunlight disappearing beyond the horizon as the sky turned colors and cast vibrant hues of burning reds, pinks and oranges into the hotel room.

Offline Lion

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 08:05:20 pm »
If only the heat had affected him the way she intended. Truth be told he liked cold showers because of how refreshing they were. Hot showers were reserved for those he shared them with, but when the temperature went up, the heat only made the goosebumps on his skin react and he turned around to have his back to the showerhead and letting the water dowse  the soap off his body.

He tensed, only a little and soon found the scalding heat relaxing, every muscle in his body consequently contracting and easing until he was completely clean.  That was until Reva made shit fly off the shelves and smack into his body.  Thade growled and glowered at her from inside the glass.  He carefully picked it up because well, it was rude to leave that shit on the floor. 

Still, he appreciated the fact that she was irritated enough with him to show it. So Thade shut the water off, adjusted the temperatures back to normal and carefully stepped from the waters, water running down his form.  He toweled off his head.  She'd already seen him in his everything, and he'd seen hers.

But he did watch her, standing just in front of the open shower door, and admired the careful design in which she was made.  And goosebumps still coarsed his skin, but this time less from the scalding water and more from the blood roaring in his ears.  Thade's eyes flicked to the sunset and quietly left the room, his clothes gathered in a towel.

A call for service brought up trays of food and drink and he offered the young man that answered a tip to take his clothes down to laundry for a wash.  He'd put on a robe and filled a glass with ice and a brandy.  That and another glass filled with a deep rich red wine, and another of white

And quietly stepped back into the peace of the bathroom.  He cleared his throat and crouched beside her, placing the tray on a stand and turning the tray so that both drink were beside her. "Shower's all yours.   I figured you'd want something to drink. Didn't know your poison, so you have a white, a red, and a brandy.  Enjoy," he smiled gently and pulled a second glass of brandy from the tray that he'd made for himself.

Cheesigator

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 08:22:37 pm »
Eventually, with the din of the shower running in the background, Reva had allowed herself to drift off into a land of wandering thoughts that spanned forever as she watched the world moving beneath her and wondered what those other people down there were doing right now. How they were feeling. What kind of struggles they faced on a daily basis.

She glanced down at her arms and wondered what it was like to be brought up "normal." To be a normal girl. Pointless thought, really. She let out a slight sigh, the tenseness easing from her frame by the time Thade had stepped out of the shower, and she hadn't even noticed, she was so wrapped up in her own thoughts. She just felt... Tired. Maybe a little bit lonely. She randomly remembered something brought up in her history classes; that arranged marriages were once a much more common thing on Earth. She figured she'd have probably been good at that. Being in an arranged marriage. Random thought but, eh. As long as the guy was useful enough, she supposed.

She was pulled from her thoughts however when Thade cleared his throat. She twitched just a little and instantly tensed up again, defensive as she looked at him, saw that he was in a robe and realized she was naked and blushed a slight bit. Sure they'd already seen each other but... The principal of it was still there. She casually reached up to hold onto her other elbow, forearm obscuring her small breasts. He was offering her drinks and she narrowed her eyes, finding his sudden niceness... Bizarre.

She hesitated a moment before pouring herself a small bit of white wine--with her mind--and taking the floating glass as it held itself in front of her.

"I appreciate the thoughtfulness." She said after giving her glass a skeptical taste before finding that there seemed to be nothing wrong with it. Her voice sounded cold--though perhaps that was from the lack of heated fury he'd usually heard in it throughout most of the day.

She finished her glass, setting it back on the tray with a dainty clink as she slipped down from the tub and walked over to the shower, the water turning on and adjusting itself before she had even stepped in and shut the door behind her, finding his behavior odd but trying to think nothing of it.

Offline Lion

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 08:46:49 pm »
Even an enemy could be a friend for a day.

That was what his mother used to tell him as a little boy.  Before she was gone.  A quaint thought a time like this. Winding down from a job tended to bring up such simple little thoughts, and they left Thade in a somber mood. Truthfully he didn't feel like fighting with egging her on. Not when she deserved the respite she currently was enjoying.

She went out of her way for him.  And she didn't have to. She could have told him to fuck right off and there would have been nothing he could have done about it. Whether she knew it or not, or gave a shit was irrelevant, but that kind of mentality was hard to find in this age. Nobody gave a shit about anything anymore. But small gestures could go a long way.

He sipped his drink thoughtfully and cleaned his guns, wrapping them gingerly in a towel before putting them aside.  Thade didn't make any more noise than the light clanging of his left foot as he brought in a fresh robe and hung it on the edge.  "Hey, I ordered food if you're hungry.  Didn't know what you wanted to eat, so I ordered a taste of everything," he announced, only looking at her through the steam of the glass.

"I enjoyed the scalding shower by the way.  Thanks."  A wink and he shut the door, sitting in the dining room before with exotic seafoods and steak and a plethora of desserts laid out on the table.  Thade hadn't touched a thing until she showed up.  "I hope you're hungry.  Because there's no way I can eat all this by myself."

It was odd, being so domestic. If anything, Thade could be accommodating.  So he flashed her another smile and stood, to pull out a chair for her.  "Come on, don't tell me after all that ass kicking you're not hungry."

His eyes flicked beyond the bathroom door to the hot tub behind her. Sure he hadn't the chance to enjoy it, but he was determined to give it a whirl before the night was done.  After food of course.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:06:47 pm by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 09:28:26 pm »
Once Thade had left the room she finally allowed herself to truly relax, closing her eyes and leaning against the wall as the hot water beat down upon her, washing away the dirt, sweat and stress. Her eyes stayed open though as she stared at the ceiling for a moment or two, watching the clouds of steam billow up.

Sometimes she just couldn't help but wonder what she was doing with her life. What bits and pieces of it she had, anyways. Sure she was getting by and she loved working at Galley La, building things and all, it made her happy, yes, but it felt like there were things missing. Things she couldn't quite put a prosthetic finger on.

She shook her head, making quick work of shampooing and finishing up quickly; she jumped a little when the robe was thrown over the edge of the door and he winked at her, to which she wrinkled her nose and waited until he left again before she timidly stepped out, drying off and hesitating before putting the towel on.

When she entered the main area however, she stared at all the food laid out and then at him and then at the food, and as he pulled the chair away from the table for her she recoiled a little.

"Thade I swear to the gods if you just told all of them to put this on my tab," She growled at him; but either way even if he had the damage was done. It wasn't like she couldn't afford it, but she didn't need all this food.

She sat down after a moment of hesitation however, deciding to go for the seafood first, her eyes never leaving him as he eventually seated himself back down at the table, feeling odd, nervous and perhaps a bit... Awkward.

He was being so kind and benevolent all of a sudden, treating her like she was a duchess or something. Just what the fuck was he playing at? This had to be a trap, he had something up his sleeve, she was almost entirely sure of it.

Offline Lion

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 09:56:39 pm »
Thade surprised himself when he didn't really have any serious ulterior motive. Even after she threw those, containers of full shampoo and conditioner and body wash at him, even after she treated him like a child because of a stupid mistake she wouldn't deign to overlook.  Even after everything he rightfully deserved. What could he have asked her for that she wasn't already doing for him.

"I...er, yeah," he shrugged. "I guess they probably knew to just charge it to the room. Why the hell not?" A sigh and he pulled a sample platter over to him, cutting into a plate of chicken and pasta and eating it slowly. He really wasn't that hungry, but there could be left overs later.

He stared back at her, gaze level and feeling the distrust she had for him, doing this.  "It's weird for me too," he offered, tone halfway between a chuckle and a growl. "This kind of thing. And if it's an inconvenience, put it on my bill. I usually eat alone."  He tried not to make a pig of himself, and he took a sip of the brandy. He glanced at her leg, somewhat exposed in the folded robe.

"Where's your medkit?  Never mind, I'll find it," he said with a nod, quickly standing and moving off to where he suspected she stashed it in the bedroom.

And the gash that was still open. What did she think, that he was just going to ignore that?  Thade came back several long minutes later with the kit in hand and he pulled his chair in closer.  He didn't suffer any argument before he took her ankle and propped it up on the chair he'd been sitting in and pushed the side of the robe back to expose the gash on her thigh.

She cleaned off every other red patch of blood on her, and the shower had brought heat back to her skin.  He reached out and threaded the needle, unwrapping a fresh one.  "You're tough but you're crazy to just walk around with a gash like that.  Hold still," he said, and placing his cold left hand at the base of her thigh, squeezing skin together before sticking the needle in her.

Again, there'd been no warning as she'd done him.  "You have a lot of these battle scars?" he asked idly, pulling the stitching tightly before going up her leg even further. His eyes glanced up at her. "You whooped their asses back there.  Fuck, I felt embarrassed just to stand next to you." His fingers  moved deftly but the cut was long enough to keep him there a while.  "Thankfully, I like a woman with guts.  Gets shit done.  An admirable trait, so don't let anyone give you shit about it."

His hand stayed on her leg for some time, squeezing it gently as he finished the last stitch, knotted it, and reached in to cut it with his teeth, spreading hot breath against her skin.

Cheesigator

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:16 pm »
Well.. At least he was honest. If anything, it just seemed like he hadn't really thought of that. Like he'd completely forgotten that she was the one paying for all of this. No matter. Damage was done, so... She considered his words thoughtfully but didn't give him much of a response, enjoying her seafood and eating with surprising manners for someone as rough and tough as her personality made her seem to be.

She blinked, glancing up at him from her food when he brought up her leg and she cast an idle look at it; she had a ridiculously high level of pain tolerance, considering she'd suffered so much worse in her past. It had settled to a stinging, burning sensation that she'd honestly forgotten about, like it'd always been there. Before she could answer him however, he was up, finding her supplies and situating himself at her leg, touching her (again, dammit) as he started sewing her up.

She didn't so much as flinch, twitch, hiss or hold her breath as she felt the sharp needle piercing her porcelain thigh. All she did was blink at him, calmly, expressionless as she looked away and took a sip of some more white wine she psychically poured for herself.

She let her back rest against the back of her chair, her free hand holding her robe closed so it parted no farther than up the curve of the back of her thigh and up to her hip. He asked if she had a lot of those battle scars, and mentioned he liked a woman with guts. She rolled her eyes but was largely unaffected by it.

"The only permanent damages I've suffered are the loss of my arms. Those are the only scars that won't heal." She said, her voice quiet, not because she was shy but because she was, for the most part, calm. She blinked at him again as he tore the thread, his breath ghosting up her smooth, pale skin.

"I usually don't get hit." She said, setting the wine glass down on the table. She raised an eyebrow, nodding at his own prosthetic appendages. "I'm assuming you lost your limbs as well, that those aren't just enhancements."

It wasn't horrendously uncommon that she ran into someone who was also an amputee; accidents happened a lot here in the open frontiers of space. It wasn't the norm, but you saw it far more often than you did lizard men or women with three arms. That still baffled her. Why only three arms, why not four? Horrible for balance. Unless if she'd lost her fourth. Entirely possible.

She paused for a moment, hesitation flashing across her face, briefly, as she finally spoke her mind. "Thank you, you didn't have to do that." Another pause, and then, "So what exactly is your ulterior motive, here?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2017, 10:41:16 pm »
Thade was still kneeling there, putting the items away in the med kit, wrapping the thread up into a neat bundle before stashing it back into the socket.  Clasping the lid shut, he set it side on the chair next to his and coaxed her leg off the surface.  His eyes flickered to her skin, and he felt something warm in his belly.  Thank the gods for the robe.

"I have my dad to thank for this," he said with a gesture to his metal arm. "Well, the man that fathered me. He was a shit father.  Took my left arm and leg to put me on the Right Path to Righteousness.  What load of bullshit that was.  Had my mother killed to spare me of her evil influence. Oh and this lovely scar right here."

He turned around and undid the robe enough to slip from his shoulders, letting it fall to his elbows as a stripper might to entice the backflesh, and exposed a branding at the nape of his neck, of a wheel shaped with three circles in it.  "A nice memento of his ownership. I think I was five when he gave me that one."  Thade shrugged and pulled the robe back up, securing the belt around his waist again.

"Water under the reactor now," he shrugged and cut into his steak. Talking about his father always raised his ire and while inside he was fuming he had taught himself long ago never to let his emotions betray him. Thade kept his expression playful, or tried to until she posed her next question.

He frowned and swallowed the half-chewed bite of breaded crab.  He dipped another one and took a slow bite, eyes flicking back to her. "Does it matter?" he said back.  "I don't have any ulterior motive.  Why can't I do anything nice for you?  What do you think my motive is?"

The response was a little brusque if only because he'd never had any really question him about it before. And she'd be right, he knew. Nothing in this life was free.  And if it was, somebody was ready to reave it as their own.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:50:05 pm by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 11:13:09 pm »
Reva was quiet, honestly a little surprised he told her so quickly what had happened to him, but ultimately his was a horror story, as can be expected. Whether or not she should believe it was debatable, but at the moment she figured she didn't have anything to lose in doing so, nor did she see any benefit in him lying about it.

Either way, they'd both suffered through some bad shit when they were younger. That was just how life was.

She was surprised at how gentle he'd been with her, and as he sat down she forgot the food momentarily in favor of studying him with a watchful and calculating eye, wondering just what exactly he had planned. But when he responded, it hadn't been what she figured. No, oh sorry you got me! or You figured me out, I want x y and z from you!

Rather, he just asked why he couldn't do anything nice for her, and what she THOUGHT his motive was.

She took up her utensils and got back to her boiled lobster, thinking on it for a moment or two.

"You're not stupid, Thade. I'm sure you know entirely well what I think your ulterior motives might be. It's usually one of two things--sex or money. People aren't nice in this day and age for no reason, particularly to women like me."

She was small. She was an amputee. She was a psychic. She wasn't human. She was also a right fucking bitch sometimes, and she was well aware of all of these things.

"I'm not exactly used to kind treatment, considering at age thirteen I was kidnapped by a ship full of pirates, raped half to death by all of them and then they cut off my arms." She looked up at him, the dangerous glint in her eyes suddenly perfectly understandable. "Makes me hardly anything worth being kind to, spoiled or thought of as anything more than common rubbish."

Reva was a unique individual in the fact that she wholeheartedly saw herself as little more than a glorified trashcan. The only value she had as a living, breathing creature was based solely upon her powers, her immortality, and her technical skills. Nobody cared about the fact that she was a person--she didn't even care that she was a person. No point to it. But she didn't hate herself--far from it, rather she saw nothing wrong with thinking of herself like that. To her it was like looking at a horse and calling it a horse, there was nothing negative in her train of thought at all.

So she carried on eating her dinner like it was nothing, because to her, it was exactly that: nothing. She daintily wiped at any excess at the corners of her mouth with her napkin, and took another measured drink of her wine, sitting there as if she were the very definition of royalty. She crossed her legs elegantly at the knee, setting down the wine glass and casting a glance over to Thade.

"All other issues aside, judging by the state of your ship, I'd say it looks like we'll be getting to know each other better over the next few weeks. It's going to take time to fix it up, even for Galley La." And yet there was something in her tone that almost sounded... Apologetic.

She felt bad for him, truly. It sucked, having something you cared about so much smashed and destroyed like that. She'd obviously had it happen before herself.

Offline Lion

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 11:37:12 pm »
Thade had an odd habit when he was listening, pressing a thumb beneath his lower lip and playing around with it. He was never conscious of it when it happened, and he kept his eyes steady on hers as she recounted the horrific tale of her past. Well, fuck.  No pun intended, but hers was obviously way worse.

Even if she thought nothing of it, he figured that's probably what made her so tough. You either survived or you didn't. Nobody else would give a shit but yourself. And if you didn't do anything about your situation, who else would.  It wasn't that she asked for his sympathy, for he hadn't any to give at this time.

"Well, now that we've exchanged our sob stories, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside," he murmured, downing the rest of his brandy. It might have come off as snide, but that wasn't the intention. He was simply brushing off his own past as she did. Getting mad about it now wasn't going to make him feel better later.  He'd save that for someone that really pissed him off.

So Thade was about to pour himself another glass before he took the bottle she was favoring and filling his empty brandy glass with it, wanting a stronger cocktail than what he'd been drinking.

"Funny you say that," he smirked, eyes half-lidded at her. "Because you didn't seem to think I was too smart earlier.  Maybe you're just feeling contrite? You don't have to. I fully admit it was my fault. And you didn't have to go out of your way for me.  So why did you?"

He was curious frankly and he leaned against his metal hand, propping his and against his elbow and looking at her neck and throat, wondering at the primal hellion he'd saw earlier, wondering if it was just drunk asleep.  "Am I just that pathetic? It's okay. You can be honest."  His other hand played with one of the crab cakes on the end of his fork.

And it didn't stay there.  His hand twitched and flung the crab cake clear across to Reva and slapped her in the face.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:42:09 pm by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 12:11:28 am »
Thankfully, Reva didn't take any offence at his comments. Rather, she just snorted, a quiet chuckle coming from her which was rather... Uncharacteristicall y cute as she watched him, folding her hands in her lap. She always sat with shoulders back, back straight, chin up. Even when she was at ease. She'd found from her own experience that people usually took her a little more seriously when her posture was better; now it had become natural to her.

"Well," She said, tipping her head to the side in a slight nod of agreement, "You're stupid, yes, but not in all aspects." And when she said it she smiled at him--it was more of a playful smirk than anything, and it looked surprisingly fitting on her face.

"But what do you mean? Go out of my way to help you track your ship down? I hate to break it to you but I did it for business reasons. Gets us good reviews, when we go a little bit extra for people. Granted I thought it'd be a lot easier than it was, but that's all a moot point now." She shrugged. "You're far from pathetic--well, no. I mean you did look pretty pathetic when I first saw you."

And as if on queue, the nice little moment where they'd been sitting together, talking like civilized people was abruptly brought to an end. Reva had relaxed just enough that she didn't react quickly when the food was flung; it hit her cheek and startled her a little as she sat there with wide eyes for a brief moment before she reached up and swiped it off, looking at it on her hand. She wasn't sure how to feel, so her natural instinct was to get pissed, as it was for most things.

She sat there, deathly quiet as she wiped her hand off on her napkin, before setting it down and getting up from the table.

"Thank you for dinner, but despite your usefulness in combat, it still seems my first impression of you as an immature shitbag wasn't misplaced. The cost of this meal will be added to the total of getting your ship fixed. Don't worry, we accept payment plans."

And as she turned away and headed to the bedroom, the bottles of alcohol all lifted from the table to turn themselves upside down and pour their contents all over Thade's head and lap, trembling in the air before they wobbled, seemingly lost their balance and fell to the table and the floor. Reva was pinching at the bridge of her nose as she entered the bedroom and shut and locked the door behind her.

From yet again all the activity today, as well as getting knocked out and thrown around like a ragdoll by those stalkers, her headache had been slowly escalating until it was now a full-blown migraine. She collapsed onto her bed and curled up as she prepared herself for the onslaught of pain that would make it difficult to fall asleep tonight. And that fucker Thade definitely wasn't fucking helping. Gods would she be glad to get him out of her hair later.

Offline Lion

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 12:36:54 am »
Thade clapped a hand over his mouth  when the crab cake hit her cheek. He just watched her, eyes flickering in the ambient lighting at the grease on her cheek, and the delicate way she wiped it away from her. For the first few moments, he didn't expect her to react much at all, considering everything else that pissed her off. He just waited for that conniption.  But instead what he got was another shower.

And he was doused with alcohol and food and other goodies with her ridiculous display of power.  And now he was pissed. Thade hissed and shook his hair of the brandy and growled as she walked away. Abruptly he stood and followed after her.  "Hey, Reva!" Thade crossed the distance to the room and knocked his fist on the door.  "You can't just walk away like that. That's cheap!  A lot like your customer service..."

He hissed and pressed his face to the door. "10/10 psychotherapists agree that going to sleep angry is a good way to add more wrinkles to your already frowny face," he mumbled. "And walking away pretty much signifies that I won that engagement.  You forfeited. And throwing drinks in my face pretty much solidifies that fact!"

Thade kneed the door, leaving a dent in the metal.  "But I'm a nice guy, so I'll tell you what. I'll let you work off that rage.  Just one contingency, no powers.  You just fight me, one on one and you'll sleep like a baby!"

Cheesigator

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2017, 12:58:26 am »
Gods fucking damn him.

The pain in her head swelled as he yelled at her from the other side of the door, creating noise that made her migraine worse as she curled up a little tighter into her ball.

Maybe it was the alcohol and he was a light drinker, or maybe he just got off on seeing her angry or violent; considering the state of his penis for most of the time they'd been together, she figured it was probably the latter.

For some reason, he wanted to pick a fight, wanted to rile her up. His comment about wrinkles was a poor attempt; she was immortal, those were the last things on her list of priorities.

He banged something against the door and she flinched, the sound bouncing off the walls of her brain, only making it hurt worse. She just wanted some peace and quiet, dammit. A moment or a few away from this loser. But that just wasn't gonna happen, was it?

She contemplated her options. He was pissing her off, yes, but not in an I take you as a serious threat kind of way and more in a sense that one might get when their cat wakes them up in the early hours of the morning caterwauling for no reason and they have to be up early for work that day.

She wanted to toss him out of a window. Could she do that? She wished.

He wanted her to fight him without her powers, hah like she'd listen. Even if she was in pain, she'd use them just to spite him--but then he'd say she relied on them, and she didn't. Fuck.

Fuck.

Something inside her broke a little, and she let out a soft sigh. She wasn't gonna do that. She wasn't gonna put herself through more misery, wasn't gonna give him what he wanted, so he could get off or whatever.

She ignored him and gave him no response whatsoever. It wasn't worth the time or the stress.

Offline Lion

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 09:51:56 am »
Thade did stop when his words garnered no response. Which was good.  And bad. He wasn't sure which it it was more of and as he pressed his forehead against the cold metal door he sighed.  It wasn't like him to pick a fight. Even if the crab cake has been an accident. Not that she'd buy it.  Not that he was even sure it was an accident.  He turned and leaned back against the door, sliding down so that he was sitting.

"Fine, Reva!" he called back. "Maybe you just need a good lay. We all do at some point. Just fuck until you can't walk for the next three days."

But still, it was cheap to just walk away like that. Finish what you started. A fuming sigh and Thade decided what else he could do. She was gone and left the rest of the suite to himself.  She wasn't going to blow off that steam on him when he so rightly deserved it, fine.  She could wallow in her misery all she wanted.

So Thade pushed himself up from the door and headed back to the bathroom. Finally the hot tub was empty and he could enjoy it for himself.  Damn, he hissed to himself.  Frankly, she wasn't worth the trouble.  And he sure as hell was maybe a little drunker than he thought.

Thade dropped the robe and slipped into the waters, enjoying the city skyline out of the evening window.  Maybe he did get off on her being mad. Was that weird? Probably.  He moved toward the edge of the tub and laid his left arm against the edge of it. And his right hand slipping beneath to deal with his half-mast.

At least he had plenty of alone time.

Cheesigator

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 10:18:19 am »
Finally, it seemed like he'd given up. The tone in his voice made her think he was partially acting this way due to the alcohol, but it still wasn't an excuse. He was still being blatantly rude, disrespectful and an all around piece of shit. His comment that oh she just needed to get laid only irritated her further. In her head, she kept hiking up the price to repair his ship. Because it seemed he had completely forgotten that they weren't friends, or even really acquaintances--he was a customer. And if she so wished she had every right to refuse to offer him her services.

Really, considering how blatantly ungrateful and obnoxious he was being, she had half a mind to toss him out of the hotel room and to tell him to find his own way back to Cancer. They'd take his ship to an impound where he could pay the fees to get his hunk of junk there and they'd never have to worry about him again. Any other self-respecting business would have done just that.

Besides, she wouldn't be going into heat for another two months. So she didn't even need to get laid, he could go suck a dick for all she cared.

Finally he gave up and left, and once he was gone she finally let her eyes slide closed as she just focused on going to sleep. It happened far easier than she thought, considering the rather busy day she'd had, it was a little understandable. At some point she found her way underneath the bed covers, burrowing down into them and enjoying the soft, fluffy pillows under her head.

She woke up extremely early the next morning, at the asscrack of dawn, likely long before Thade had. She dug around in her bag, put on a fresh set of clothes and silently opened the door. Her head felt much better, so after she got herself a glass of water, tiptoeing around the still-sleeping cyborg man and ignoring whatever she saw, she decided she'd get back at him for being a complete piece of garbage last night in her own way.

She took her bag, made sure she didn't forget anything, and left. She could always stand to do a little exploring on her own, so she made her way down to one of the main markets and started perusing all the things for sale, enjoying what Tynova had to offer since it had been here a while.

She'd also made sure to request a copy of the receipt for the hotel room once Thade left, because she was dead serious on tacking on all those charges to the repair fees for his ship. She called it The Asshole Tax.

Offline Lion

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 11:13:42 am »
The fact that he'd been an incorrigible asshole didn't dawn on him until the wee hours of the morning. That and the throbbing headache that raptured his skull and the back of his eyeballs like they were going to be punched from the inside out.  He'd fallen asleep naked on the couch, on his belly so Reva really only got a shot of his ass on her way out. But the robe was underneath him and he pushed himself up with a groan.

He glanced up at the table and the wine and liquor bottles that were still on the floor. It didn't take long to clean up even if it wasn't his job. A metal hand clasped to his head and he sighed.  "I'm such a dick," he hissed and found his clothes had been cleaned and delivered to the door.  Dressing quickly, he went back in through the room. "Hey Reva, look I just wanted to apologize...".

Except she was gone. Not even the shadow of her presence left behind.  As much as he deserved it, something twisted inside of Thade. A small nerve and he bolted for the door, making his way down to the lobby.  He couldn't say exactly what it was.

Running to the front desk, his eyes scanned the crowd and when he failed to spot her face, that cold pit within his guts grew.  "Excuse me, miss.  I was a guest with Miss Reva here earlier. She just left.  Did she check out?"

"I saw she left this morning. Although she made no indication of where she went.  Perhaps we can get in touch with her, sir?" The receptionist typed on her glass screen and Thade shook his head.

"Call Galley La instead. Tell them to ask where she is," he said.  Thade was restless and he looked back over the crowd again in the event she reared her head.  Damn, what was his problem.  The coldness didn't go away.  As the receptionist made the call, he was only vaguely listening until she thanked them for their time.

"She's in the market district. Shall I call for a ride sir?".

"No thank you. I can find it," Thade tapped the counter and was off, running through the crowds. Tynova was a big city, easy to get lost in. Sometimes for days on end. Thade had enough experience in this city to have tasted the more unsavory parts of it.  He found himself quickly in the markets and when the crowds parted enough, he spotted Reva and ran to her.

It was weird. It was almost like he quickly hugged her, and let go before he realized what he was doing. "Thank the gods you're okay. I was worried sick!" Oh he cringed when he came to fathom what he just said.  "I mean. Oh, fuck. I'm an asshole. You know this. I'm not normally an asshole. Look, you left, and I know you can take care of yourself. But still, walking away from someone that has your back is just asking for trouble. So yeah... I was worried. A little. Sorry."

Cheesigator

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2017, 01:43:04 pm »
Considering what he'd seen of her yesterday, Thade should have known better than to be worried about her. Yet many women would have found it endearing that he might have panicked a little. It meant that he cared, or at least that's what most would have said.

Reva? Reva wouldn't​ have given a single shit either way. She knew damn well she could take care of herself, and his opinions and feelings about her meant diddly squat. All that mattered was that she make sure his ship get finished, should he be able to pay, and then send him to fuck off on his merry way. He was just a customer to her--a horrible, horrible pain in the ass customer.

She was right in the middle of striking up a deal for some power converters with a marketplace dealer when he spotted her, ran over and... Touched her yet again. Hugged her? Didn't matter. What the fuck did he think they were, friends or something?

She paused in her dealings and just... Stared at him. She wasn't sure what else she could or should do. He just admitted that he was worried about her and she had a mixture of feelings about it. Her brain told her she should find it endearing, because any other woman or character in a movie might have thought so. But in her heart she felt a bit of nasty pride because hah, she made the fucker panic, served him right. And in her gut, which twisted and recoiled with disgust, she wanted to smack him across the face.

"'Someone that has my back'?" She clarified, a little dumbfounded that he seemed to think for whatever reason that he had earned or somehow deserved that title. Bullshit.

"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself Mr. Olyphant. You've seen this for yourself." She said, her tone of voice nothing short of frigid as she held out her hand expectantly and the marketplace dealer handed her the bag full of shiny, new, and expensive parts she'd just purchased for dirt cheap like he was handing over his balls.

"There is only one person who has my back," She said after thanking the merchant and turning back to Thade to give him a pointed look, "And she sure as hell isn't you."

And with that she turned and left him again, sending off a message to Belliel about the supplies as she started to head back for the ship. Now that sleeping beauty was up and awake, it was time to head back to the Cancer and keep her time spent with him to an absolute minimum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal