Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Asking for help [Lilith or open]  (Read 2642 times)

WarhawkZ

Asking for help [Lilith or open]
« on: October 23, 2016, 04:24:18 am »
Warhawk, ready to kill his client for his unreasonable demand, stared hard at his Raider was loaded with as much cargo it could handle. Growling loudly, he knew that a little over half wouldn't fit in his hold, no matter how he tried. 'Fucking prick just couldn't give me an extension. No it all was time sensitive and couldn't be delayed past that date.' Warhawk silently complained. Going the dockyard's message board he stomped his pride and clicked on to the open channel, "This is Raider Delta Twenty, I have a dual ship run to Edanith that I thought do with one. But the check won't give me an extension on the deadline. So if there is anyone heading towards Edanith, I'm willing to split the pay fifty-fifty with whomever agrees to help me. Can be reached on frequency 505-06.8."

Letting the mic hang, he turn to see the cargo bag door close. 'Hopefully I won't have to wait long for a reply. Pretty any pilot would want some tax free credits.' he thought. Boarding the ship, Warhawk entered the bridge and slid into the command couch. Flipping the receiver on he ran a short pre-flight check.

ARAD V1.0

Re: Asking for help [Lilith or open]
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 07:59:18 am »
The young, prodigal smuggler groaned softly as Seventhreer prodded her side with her nose to wake her up. "What is it?" She inquired with a yawn, sitting up and stretching softly. "A split contract. Well paid. No ties," was what the machine answered, causing Lillith to halt her movements and glance at him. "Patch me through," she said after a short while, rubbing her eye sleepily.

"Lillith, pilot of the Constantine," she stated. "My cargo hold can take on the other half. Docking bay R8, I will tag along to Aedolis." Then her feed was cut.

"Make me a coffee, Seventhreer," she said sleepily, heading to get properly dressed.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 09:15:24 am »
'Fate must love to rub my face in to the grater.' Warhawk mused somewhat sullenly as he recognized the voice. Once he had the remaining cargo sent over to Lilith's ship, he tuned his com to Lilith's frequency. "Cargo's headed your way, I'll meet you in orbit. And thanks for the assist." Aftering cutting his feed Warhawk brought his Raider online. Feeling and hearing the void/ion engines rumble to life he grasped the twin control sticks. 'That feeling of power never gets old Backing off the pad he glanced towards a screen and saw his take clearance flash across. "Hell yeah!" he exclaimed as set the Raider on a high speed power climb. Spiraling up as contrails streamed off the pulse cannons and leading edges, Warhawk felt somewhat normal. Which never lasted long, but it was so worth it because he could forget his past a little bit.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 03:44:34 am »
Lillith oversaw the cargo being loaded into her ship and yawned softly again, taking another swig from her coffee before waving off the workers. It was time for take-off.

She sat down in her pilot seat, the handlebars extending towards her, chair tilting slightly. She glanced upwards at several switches and flicked them, going down a checklist. "Gyro-stabilizer, engaged. Engines green, system check initiated," she murmured, before patting the seat next to her, Seventhreer making hus way towards and sitting down.

"Green across the board," she opened a direct line to the docking control and sighed. "Constantine ready for take-off."

A crackling reply came several seconds later. "Tower control to Constantine, permission granted, have a nice flight."

Lillith smirked softly and turned off the communication feed again, engines buzzing to life. "Let's see which fun routes there are to Aedolis," she murmured, ship hovering sligjtly before turning ninety degrees and shooting upwards at breakneck speeds.

She slowed down again once in space, hailing Warhawk's Raider.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 03:17:22 am »
Leveling out once in orbit, Warhawk pulled the map of hyperlanes and started to plan a route, not realizing that he reopened his feed. "Old hyperlanes are out, to long and debris filled, so that leaves the new ones. And given the bastard's almost unreasonable deadline, I am left with the most popular lanes the universe. If he wasn't paying so well, I'd be tempted to kill him for his ridiculous demands." he stopped mid rant when noticed Lilith's face on his radio monitor. "And now I feel stupid." Warhawk added before slapping his forehead. "How much did you hear?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 09:34:18 am »
Lillith let out a soft giggle before shaking her head. "Believe me, I've had worse," she turned her ship to follow Warhawk's and kicked her feet up. "As for hyperlanes, if the deadline you're mentioning is that bad, it's best to get the older, even abandoned once. You'll save more time dodging debris than passing security checks," she mused, before humming softly.

"Just a small piece of advice"

WarhawkZ

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 07:41:03 pm »
Quickly running through the hyperlanes that he has used in the past, he decides on the most direct one. "Okay, time run the obstacle course. The Devil's Gym, loops from here through Aedolis to Edanith. Should be a blast, unless you spattered youself against an asteroid or derelict space hulk." he said cracking knuckles. Banking line up the first leg, Warhawk took a breath for calm. Glancing to nav screen he transmitted his choosen route, "Just sent my route Lilith. Try to keep up, m'lady." he said before rocketing away at top speed.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 11:17:06 am »
"Pff, you're talking to.theI fastest, kid," she answered, before chuckling as he took off, sitting up in her chair and immediately following suit. "Yours truly ran through Bermuda's Quad at record speed," she answered. Not only that, her ship was high tech, state of the art, so she almost immediately caught up with him. "Eat my ship's fumes," she answered through the radio before activating Alkaline boosters, making her burst forward all of a sudden.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 05:08:50 pm »
"Show off." he quiped, as oversized boosters kicked in. As the Raider pulled along side, Warhawk knifed it to avoid a quick moving asteroid. Leveling he swiftly tapped buttons, setting up a temporary relay to keep up his speed. 'Come on, show her that old military tech can be just as fast the new and shiny.' he mused. While he knew the Raider wasn't the fastest around, but it was the most fun in his opinion.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 02:33:27 pm »
"Less talking, more dodging," Lillith answered through the radio feed, pulling her ship into a barrel roll to pass through two pieces of debris sliding past, scraping past her hull. "Several hours of this and we'll be in the clear for a short while," she added.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 09:57:10 pm »
"Haha." Knifing around another asteroid, Warhawk was tempted to switch on his burst torpedos. But that would cause more navigational hazards than there already. 'Shit!' he thought rolling the Raider over the Constantine. "It's so tempting to just pop several torps here and blow these damn asteroids away. But that won't help, damn." Warhawk quipped, pushing his ship into a steep dive.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 09:28:24 am »
"Hmph," she huffed softly, adjusting some systems to adjust the gyro-stabiliser to the sharp turns and manouvers.

"Oi!" She called out as she pushed the Constantine down to avoid her paintjob getting scraped. "Watch what you're doing!" She said, before shaking her head softly, dodging another few asteroids. "Won't work and you'll waste money." She answered dryly.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 06:23:13 pm »
"Maybe, most some would count it as target practice." Warhawk weaving the Raider like demented puppet, he managed to get ahead of Lilith. "This would almost be fun if not for the racing clock." he said, throwing himself into brutal ascending barrel roll.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 01:10:43 am »
"Don't get cocky, flyboy," she answered when dhe saw the rather unnescessary stunt he pulled. The Constantine zoomed past his Raider, if it wasn't for their matching skill, it was because of the hardware upgrade Lillith had. Fly as he liked, old tech could do good, but it'd never fare properly against the newest released prototypes.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 08:17:58 am »
"Never been with anyone long enough to hear them call me cocky."

Hours, and a nearly overheated engines and boosters, later Warhawk brought his ship out the devil be damned high speed run with Lillith's. Popping out super efficient cooling vanes that resided above the engines, he checked the navigation screen. "Damn, covered most of the first leg in under ten hours. That's a first for me, usually takes a little over sixteen." he said with a yawn. Glancing toward screen that held ship's time and the destination's local, Warhawk figured he could fit in a truncated cooldown for his ship. "Lillith, have to ice my engines for a bit. So might get a bite before the next leg." he called over, while the command couch dimmed. Setting an earpiece in his ear Warhawk stood and heard joints pop.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 04:51:55 pm »
"Good for you," she answered through the radio, she wasn't in the mood for a, sobstory right now. Honestly, she never was. Her entire life could be described with one word. Pathetic. If she'd wanted a tragic tale, she'd just pull up old memories she'd rather forget.

Lillith pulled out of the high speed travelling, engines buzzing and slowly powering down. "That's what you get with old tech. Shit cooling mid-taxing," she blurted out, pushing herself up, before glancing down at herself. Properly dressed was more than her boxers and a goddamned shirt. "Gonna get something to eat while your engines cool off," she quipped, before heading to get actually dressed properly. And ofcourse, rummaging through her kitchen to find some food, before settling down in her chair. "Back," she yawned softly.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 09:59:02 pm »
"Given it was what I could afford at the time. I'm just graceful to have something that I'm somewhat familiar with to work with." he said cracking his neck. After stuffing his gullet with the food in his small galley, Warhawk quickly glanced towards the diagnostic screen. 'Good enough.' he mused, retaking the command couch and retracting the vanes. "So am I. Next leg." he said. As the Raider powered up to resume. the high speed rollercoaster ride. Warhawk sighed inwardly, 'I want a chance to know you, Lillith. Will you give the chance to?' he wondered in the back of his mind.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:05:34 am by WarhawkZ »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 05:24:21 am »
She heard the last comment, but didn't really answer to it. She was, after all, preoccupied with getting a cup of coffee and food. "Next leg?" She inquired for confirmation, engines slowly buzzing to life again.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 09:29:29 am »
"Yeah. Could've done this in one sweep if didn't have a clock to deal with and the impromptu race with you. But as you know, had to stop and cool my ship's engine." he said, watching the ship's wings return to their cruising positions. Rubbing his neck, Warhawk stared the chart as looking for a short cut that cut some dinstace off their travel. "Didn't mind the race, it was fun. Hadn't felt that in very long time. Should probably thank you for that. If I ever earn the right to anyway." he whispered.

After a few moments, and silently growling his annoyance, he glanced back to the diagnostic screen. 'Another trip to the drydocks is in my future.' he mused. Using maneuvering thrusters to adjust his vector Warhawk rolled his shoulders.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 04:37:49 pm »
Lillith shrugged spftly, tuning up her engines as he talked. Whether he whispered or not, the signal was amplified. Whatever he said could easily be heard through her radio feet. "I ain't unapproachable," Lillith mused, clicking her tongue before her engines were finally ready again. "Just follow my lead," she advised, before the constantine shot forward.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal