Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Lost Kingdom [Planet Auvis]  (Read 1210 times)

Stardancer

The Lost Kingdom [Planet Auvis]
« on: September 14, 2015, 10:50:36 pm »
@SilmeriaElemred @Jounin

(Auvis: The Kingdom of Greenwaves)

Among all the blue on a world covered completely by saltwater, lay a vast kingdom ruled by King Goldwater and Queen Jadette, a merman and mermaid of royal lineage. This kingdom was home to many aquatic races such as merfolk, sirens, sea elves, water fairies, selkies, kelpies, octopus folk and a few others as well. Not to mention all the various sea life found anywhere on the planet itself. While most were merfolk, there were still plenty of others in their respected provinces and cities.

Three such inhabitants were on their way outside the kingdom now, more specifically a mermaid, a fish and a dolphin. Turquoise needed to get out and explore some more and there was no better time than the present to do so. Her companions had no complaints. The metal gates of the kingdom rose up in the near distance as the trio swam towards them.

“So, where are we going today?” Red asked Turquoise, excitedly. The fish who had asked the question turned his huge bulbous eyes the mermaid's direction, his little fins flapping back and forth rapidly with short stubby tail fin following suit. He was about the size of one and a half human fists.

“Yeah, where are we going, huh, huh?” Waves, the ever chipper dolphin chimed in.

“Someplace we haven't been to before.” Turquoise replied. In truth, she had no particular route she wanted to go, she just needed to scratch an ever existing itch to explore and discover new things. Exciting things. Sparkly things of much value and beauty.

Bypassing the gates, they soon left the nation of Greenwaves behind, with Red and Waves exchanging their usual playful banter back and forth. Red was even flirting with some of the female fish they came across. Swimming through the Blue Boneyard, Turquoise and friends went in a direction they had yet to travel, going through some thick clusters of seaweed. Red dashed up ahead spotting a circular archway, the rims of which were about four or five inches thick all around, the opening itself yawned a total of several meters across.

“Wheee!” Red began humming a silly tune as he continued to get further and further ahead of the other two.

“Red, get back here!” Turquoise called out, a little annoyed. Swimming faster, purple tail rushing to keep up with her little friend as Waves followed.

“Yeah, do what she says, Pudgy!”

“I heard that!” the fish called back.

“You were meant to!” Waves gave her input as well.

Turquoise sighed and soon the two caught up with him. The area they found themselves in was littered with broken pillars and smashed ornamentation, the remains of an old shrine evident a little to the east. A large, chipped marble statue, what was left of it anyway, stared down at them almost forlornly. Its eyes made from pure emerald.

“Ooh, pretty statue!” Waves squeaked, looking way up at it.

It was indeed a beautiful statue and Turquoise wondered where they were now, as she hadn't seen any of this before. The place looked like some kind of vast ruin, dilapidated and overgrown with seaweed and barnacles as it were. Spotting something shiny in a pile of rubble, she swam over to it to get a better look.

Offline Jounin

Re: The Lost Kingdom [Planet Auvis]
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 07:53:56 pm »
Azura has had nothing to do for a week now, she's based most of her days off eating, sleeping, and training. Through her travels she met a few other Undine like her.

Undines are very similar to sea elves, but they have more fish like features instead of elvish ones. The Undines were once a mighty powerful race, but centuries ago 90% of the race mysteriously disappeared and now the race is only a very minor power among Auvis.

She was just training out in the middle of the ocean when she notices a few sea creatures and a mermaid swim off somewhere. Azura follows them and her eyes light up when she see the signs of ruins. "Wow! This place is so amazing!" She sequels forgetting that there were others.

Stardancer

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 08:25:43 pm »
Picking up a crystal vase, still mostly intact but missing a few tiny pieces near the top of it, Turquoise admired it for several seconds before she heard a voice that didn't come from Red or Waves. Setting it down gently among the pebbles, she turned her head to see who it was.

Red however, beat her to it. "Who might you be black-robed fish lady with pointy trident?"

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 11:19:37 pm »
A bit further in the ruins swam another Mermaid. Carrying the name Meria. She had wavy lilac hair, adorned with a few pearl decorated combs and a few braids. Her scales having a strange color going from green at her waist, then blue and then purple.

She often came to this place mainly to look around for shiny things which she would then take home and decorate her home with. But now, she was looking for something specific; her pearl necklace she had lost last time she was here. Not just any pearl necklace though. It had been a gift from one of the elders of the small settlement she came from as a reward for warding off an ancient shark that wanted to attack the young ones. And she did needed it back.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 05:23:33 pm »
Azura smiles at the fish. "Well regular fish I am Azura Lazuli, a treasure hunter and I have stumbled upon these ruins. I wish to explore them and find riches and forgotten history."

Stardancer

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 06:45:17 pm »
"And I'm Red! Nice to meet ya, Azura Lazula!" the little fish quipped up, pronouncing the Undine's last name incorrectly, but not on purpose. It was an honest fishy mistake.

Waves swam up to the two of them, as did Turquoise. "We're also here to explore and find things of beauty and splendor. But any historical records we find, we'll leave those to you. I am much more interested in any trinkets we come across. Like this one here!" she stated excitedly, holding out the crystal vase from before.

"Ooh, shiny vase-y!" Waves bobbed her head up and down, then swam off to look at what else was here. Soon coming back with a beautiful ivory-colored pearl necklace in her mouth. "Lookie what I found!"

All three friends oohed and aahed over the necklace, and Turquoise put it around her neck then, twirling the beads between her dark blue fingers. "A wonderful find it is. Now let's see what else is here! Come on!" Motioning with an arm to not just Red and Waves, but also Azura too. It definitely didn't take much coaxing for the fish and dolphin to follow, just as anxious to see all the wonders these ruins held.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 01:12:34 am »
Meria had been looking for several hours before she spotted Azura and Turquise. Having slightly cursed herself as of why she never took a patterned route.

''Hello!'' she called and waved after spotting the others. She was not used that more people snooped around here but she did not mind. Maybe they were friendly. She would not know, her village was not exactly close to other settlements and other then a peacetreaty, there was nothing between them.

It may seem a little out of the blue but I'm looking for a pearl necklace I lost... it has a variety of colored and engraved pears and it has a lot of emotional value to me...''
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 03:33:47 am »
Axura went to follow Turquoise, but stopped in her tracks. Another voice called out. "Hey!" She responds. "I'm sorry I haven't seen it, but we're about to journey into the ruins right now. The more the merrier if you want to tag along."

Stardancer

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 10:04:01 am »
At the mention of the pearl necklace, Turquoise looked down at the necklace with which she had just found. It had ivory-colored pearls on it, as well as a few white, lavender and grey pearls scattered in. Some of them were engraved as well with intricate swirls and dots. Hesitant to give it up if it was the necklace the other mermaid was looking for, she ran her fingers over the smooth stones, just admiring them for a few seconds.

Looking back up at the lilac-haired mermaid, she tentatively asked, "I don't suppose this is it?" Gesturing to the necklace around her neck. Although she sincerely hoped it was not the same one as Turquoise wanted to keep it.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 01:39:11 am »
''You have found it amazing!'' Meria said with a sigh of relief. ''I thought I was a goner. It was gifted to me by one of my elders and was one of the well. Highest honors. I thought I had lost it forever.'' she then looked at Axura.

''Also I would love to go further in the ruins. I never go to deep on my own since I do not know what could lay in it's depts.''

Stardancer

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 07:00:22 pm »
Reluctant to give up the necklace, Turquoise looked down at it once more, running her dark blue fingers over it. It was a beautiful find for sure. Perhaps there would be other things like it deeper in the ruins. With an exhalation of mild frustration, the teal-haired mermaid took it off from around her neck and handed it back to Meria.

"I suppose it is yours then." she told her, looking a little put off. "It is very gorgeous. I haven't seen one quite like it before." And that was saying something as Turquoise was an avid collector of many different kinds of trinkets.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 04:50:08 am »
Meria noticed Turquoise had a bit of difficulty giving the necklace up so she pondered. ''Well I lost it once. If you like you can hold on to it until we part. Originally these ornamental necklaces are worn by our village elders but one gave hers to me after I performed an unexpected act of bravery.'' she smiled kindly. ''So if you want you can hold on to it for the time being.''

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal