Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Golden Sunsets and Endless Seas for an Outlaw [DragonSong]  (Read 4681 times)

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

Golden Sunsets and Endless Seas for an Outlaw [DragonSong]
« on: March 23, 2016, 08:29:45 am »
Long, dark and damp alleyways. His breath, short, panting. Sweat in his eyes. Dan never had to ran like this before.
     His last attempt on robbing dock F-39 failed miserably, ending on the massacre of his gang. The Red Shirts were waiting for them, proving that a mole had to be sniffing in his affairs. God, he hated those kind of traitors.
     Dan had a lucky get away. Marcus, his right hand man, offered him a small window of opportunity by covering him until they parted in a small alley. He was sure Marcus wasn't dead, that old bastard couldn't die. Dan had seen him eat more lead and lasers then a dose to kill a Space Kraken.

Dan had finally ran away from these obnoxious Red Shirts, or at least momentarily... He had reached a unusual ship on the docks and boarded it. He sat at the ship's pilot seat and tried to take off.

Join the Hospitalier's Fleet, Protect Mankind!

New Characters brewing in my mind.

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

Re: Golden Sunsets and Endless Seas for an Outlaw [DragonSong]
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 09:12:26 am »
Maya had been sleeping in her bunk, comfortably nestled below the bridge of her small Ala'oran ship- a ship that was almost as intuitive as the race that had built it, and when the controls were touched by someone other than its registered pilot, the DNA sensors started going off, buzzing and beeping and flashing.

The pilot jolted awake, eyes wide and clothes askew. She stumbled from her bunk and bolted for the ladder that led up to the main deck, hair a wild mess of braids around her face.

There was a human sitting in the captain's chair. He appeared to be trying to take off. Unable to shout at him, Maya slammed her flat palm against the wall to create a loud clanging sound in an attempt to get his attention.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:27:05 pm by DragonSong »

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 01:43:54 pm »
Dan's attempts were getting more and more frantic with each second passing. Flicking switches and pulling lever, pressing all the rather colorful buttons. Nothing. He was about to take the helm when he herd a rather loud noise.
     He jumped and drew his only pistol. He held it in his right hand at waist height, ready to shoot at any sudden aggression. Dan was standing in front of a women, albeit very colorful. He lowered his gun but didn't holstered it. He tried to smile but his face showed an awkward grin.

"This is not what...hem.. this is not what you think it is!"

He readjusted his black neck tie and ran his hand in his hair before raising his pistol once again. "I don't want to harm you, we have to take off now!... Please..."

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 01:56:36 pm »
Maya stared at him for a long moment, silent- of course. Then she moved forward, hands raised peaceably as she eyed the gun he still held.

Her eyes flicked to the pilot's chair and she jerked her head at him, indicating that he should move out of the way. One of her hands reached out to brush his arm lightly, conveying a sense of understanding at his urgency.

She really wasn't sure if taking off was a good idea, but he was the one with the weapon. She'd just have to think of something...

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 02:15:16 pm »
Dan fallowed her every movement. "Oh right!" he stepped aside. Her silence was unusual. Though he felt something when she touched him, like she was understanding. He lowered his pistol again, he wasn't here to make useless threats, she was complying anyway. He looked by the large porthole next to him, searching for signs of the coats.
     Dan felt his nervousness swell and his fear runs over him as honey. There was no sign of a patrol nearby but there was a certain tension out there on the docks. "Can you go any faster?" He ask calmly.

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 02:20:02 pm »
Glancing over her shoulder at him as she took the controls, Maya arched an eyebrow and shook her head. She was going as fast as the ship operated, she needed to actually get in the air before she could accelerate.

Which really didn't take all that long, but Maya was getting tenser the longer it took. She didn't love the idea of this strange man on her ship, ordering her to take off.

She flicked a few switches once they were airborne, then leaned over and pressed her hand over a pad that registered her DNA and had to be activated to initiate the thrusters so they could break out of orbit.

That done, Maya swiveled around in the chair and frowned at her unexpected passenger. Reaching a hand out, she wrapped her fingers lightly around his wrist, projecting a sense of confusion, a little bit of irritation, and the words, Who are you and why are you on my ship?

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 02:46:05 pm »
Dan stress dropped drastically when they started to take off and he became calm once again when they got out of orbit. As the woman turned toward him he leaned on the nearest surface and sighed out of relief.

Dan began to understand her abilities. But why did she kept silent was starting to unsettle him. But he had to play along, he was her guest even though he invited himself.

"I'm Dan. Sorry to barge in like this but I needed your help... You see, I ran into trouble with the Reds down on Cancer and I had to get out of there.It's just for a couple of hour though." He tried to smile again. "Now that you know my name, can you give me yours."

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 02:58:56 pm »
She tilted her head at him, then squeezed his wrist lightly. She projected her Ala'oran name first, that sense of serenity and a sunset over calm waters.

Maya, she supplied after a moment. You can call me Maya. Easier for humans. She drew her hand back, folding her arms on the back of her chair and arching an eyebrow at him.

Pointing at the space station, she looked at him and then shrugged, showing she wasn't sure if he wanted her to bring him back.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 04:36:02 pm »
Dan stood there, on a seemingly solid ocean. He gazed at the sun, the wind in his hair. It might have been only for a moment, but the image lasted for what seemed a blissful and serene eternity. He was brought back by the echo of a voice in his head.
     Dan's mind was simply blown away by the scenery and abilities of the newly acquainted Maya. He held silent for a long time before coming back to his senses. "WOW! Ok. Well, Maya, nice to meet you."

"Please don't bring me back there. Or at least not now." He stared at the station, only a few clicks away. "It's so beautiful and peaceful from up here, no one would guess the misery and suffering that lingers and prowl in the streets. It's my home. And yours, where is it?"

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 05:02:29 pm »
Maya nodded to show she would respect his wish and keep them flying.

Eyes brightening a bit, she held up a finger to tell him to wait a moment and disappeared down into her bunk, then quickly climbed back up the ladder, a book clutched under one arm.

Smiling, she held it out to him, opened to a page that depicted her home planet, followed by an entry of the Ala'ora people. She'd learned through trial and error that this was the easiest way to explain what she was rather than trying to mind-speak an explanation.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 05:22:42 pm »
Dan held the book in his hands carefully. It wasn't his and books were so rare on Cancer. He took a moment to form the syllables in his head to be sure not to massacre the pronunciation. "A.. Ala'ora. That's the name of your kind, right?" He looked at her then back at the book. "and that picture is your planet. It's beautiful! Your people is even more." He read a little more. "Now I understand. At first i thought you were mute. But now, it makes sense."
     He handed back the book with a smile. "I'm sorry i held you at gunpoint earlier."

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 05:33:48 pm »
She waved the apology off, quite willing to forgive a first offense easily. Taking the book with a smile, she slipped into onto the seat of the pilot's chair and held her hand out to him, touching his arm lightly.

Take you somewhere? she projected, giving him a questioning look and tilting her head to one side. She offered a few pictures into the projection- Libra and Edanith mainly, as they were the places she was most familiar with.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 05:46:31 pm »
The touch of her skin against him was rather pleasant. Her lavender coloration stood out next to his almost albino coloration.
     Dan took a moment to think about what he wanted to go. Coming with no good answer, he simply returned "I don't know. Take me where you would like to be." He smiled. "I never went to those places you showed me. I never even got out of Cancer's controlled space."

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 05:51:45 pm »
Maya raised an eyebrow, reaching up with her other hand to brush some of the powder blue braids out of her face. Why not? she asked, letting her fingers trail down to just barely brush the back of his hand. She'd noticed that some humans grew uncomfortable with prolonged contact, but she didn't have another way to communicate with him.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 06:00:39 pm »
"I had a lot of people counting on me, looking up to me. I was their leader and they needed me, I couldn't just get up and leave. They did until three hours ago." Tears flooded his eyes and rained down his cheeks. "But now... they're all dead..." He began to sob uncontrollably. "They where my friends..."

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 06:09:08 pm »
Her eyes widened and her hand went to cover her mouth. Without thinking she leaned forward and wrapped her arms around him. Maya didn't realize she was crying- it was an instinctive reaction, an Ala'ora reflex to someone else's pain.

In times of emotional stress, actual words became harder for her to project, they weren't her natural form of communication. A sense of sorrow and regret pulsed from her, followed by an image of rain, then the most soothing calm she could manage.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 06:32:31 pm »
Dan had wrapped his arms gently around Maya and held her. His tears were heavy and burning. He hated crying, and even more in from of someone else. He finally felt calm again, his sobbing slowly  receding. Dan realized that Maya smelled nice but kept himself to let it show.
     He gently stroke her back twice then took a deep breath before pulling back. He looked up to her, in her eyes. His cheeks still glimmering with tears, he gave a childish smile before wiping his face with his sleeve. "It's been a rather emotional day, I'm sorry."

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 06:39:16 pm »
Maya reached out to touch his shoulder, smiling softly and absently wiping at her own eyes. Don't be sorry.

She tilted her head at him slightly, eyes questioning. She projected the image of the rations available on board, then a gently steaming kettle. The kitchen may not be incredibly high tech, but she could at least manage a cup of tea or something.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 06:48:51 pm »
Dan faintly nodded, fixing his eyes at the end of his boots. "Yeah tea, sounds good." And then remained silent.

After a few minutes, he asked. "Why where you on Cancer? It might be the most dangerous place in the galaxy..."

― Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 06:54:46 pm »
Gesturing for him to follow her, Maya clicked the ship into autopilot and started making her way to the galley.

Exploring, she projected, reaching back to brush her fingers against his arm. Like seeing new places.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal