Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]  (Read 33683 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2015, 10:07:43 pm »
"Hey! Don't be lame!" Jewel said, reaching across the way to slug Jesse's shoulder. "Just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean I won't get lucky!"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2015, 10:13:59 pm »
"I'm just saying!" Jesse said, raising his hand in his defense.

"Givin' you my personal experience and shit. So, I gotta ask you... how does it feel to just... run away from home? To just hop on a starship to anywhere in the solar system with a complete stranger? Although, at the rate we're going, we won't be  strangers for long."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2015, 10:24:25 pm »
"How's it feel? Uhhh..."

Jewel raked a hand through her blue hair, pushing her bangs back from her face. Blech. She could use a shower, too, come to think of it. Her hair felt oily from spending a day out in the heat, sweating up a storm.

"Really exhilarating and kinda scary? I've done some crazy shit, but nothing this crazy. Like, for all I know, you could be a serial killer. Or a slaver or something." She eyed him. "Not that I think you are. But yeah, it's exciting and crazy! I thought moving downtown was a big life change..."

She rubbed her face. "It's probably gonna be a few days for this to sink in."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2015, 10:30:52 pm »
"For all I knew, you could've been an assassin," Jesse said, and finally, the ship evened out. They were in orbit, and Jesse turned the ship sideways (It didn't matter if the ship was upside down, the artificial gravity kept everything the right side up!) so they could get a view of the planet from orbit.

"By the way, I put your backpack in that common room outside your quarters. Still got the gun in it and everything."

Jesse locked the steering wheel again, pressed a few buttons, and the ship stabilized their orbit.

"Alright. Snacks?" He said.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2015, 11:00:36 pm »
...Oh. The gun. So that's what happened to it. Jewel's face colored a little, realizing then why he might think she was an assassin. Hiding in the cargo hold with a gun? Yeah, real smooth, Jewel.

"If I was an assassin, I'm a pretty damned shitty one," she said. "That was just, uh, to protect myself. In case of outlaws and stuff." And then, a pause, and realization. She let out a soft groan and tilted her head back against the headrest. "Awww, man, that means you went through my shit."

Which included her underwear (at least it was super cute!) and a pile of tampons. Oh well, not like it was a secret, girls wore underwear and bled now and then, big whoop.

"Hope it was enlightening. Anyway, yeah, hit me up! I'll eat literally anything at this point. Anything that isn't a gross protein bar. Peanut butter flavor my ass, more like pee and sweaty nuts."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2015, 11:05:44 pm »
"i just poked through it," Jesse said, standing up after he unstrapped himself.

"Had to make sure you weren't dangerous or anything."

He led her back into the common room. There was indeed a small kitchen crammed into a section of that room, but that's not where Jesse went. He went to a cupboard, and just pulled out a bigass bag of marshmallows.

"You still got the blunt?" he asked, and set his plasma torch down on the table.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2015, 11:13:26 pm »
Unbuckling her seat belt, Jewel rose to her feet and followed after Jesse, out into the common room--

And to a clearly magical cupboard.

Because marshmallows!

Jewel sucked in a sharp breath, and held the blunt out to Jesse in answer to his question. "If you have chocolate and graham crackers somewhere in there too, I'm seriously gonna drop down on one knee and propose."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2015, 11:29:38 pm »
"You better get your ring ready, then. Because that is exactly what I was gonna get after that!"

He delved deeper into where he kept his snacks, and got hold of a bag of chocolate squares and graham crackers. He lit the plasma torch again, and rekindled the blunt, taking a nice long hit before setting it down on the table for Jewel to take.

He got some long, metal spikes, and motioned to it all.

"This is gonna be great."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2015, 11:37:43 pm »
"No fucking way. Space S'mores? Are you kidding me?"

Jewel stared at Jesse a long moment, snatched up the joint, then laughed, took a hit, and dropped down on one knee.

She held the blunt out to him like she was presenting a ring. "Jesse Rhodes, will you marry me?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2015, 11:50:07 pm »
Jesse burst into laughter, and took the blunt after he managed to compose himself.

"When you spring it on me like that, how can I say no?" He said, and took his hit. "Of course I'll marry you, Jewel!"

With his free hand, he tilted the plasma torch's hose so that it was pointing upwards, and then turned it off.

"We need some seats. Erm... There's a couch up in my quarters."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2015, 08:16:10 am »
"Pfffhaha, alright hubby, let's get, then! I want some of that sweet wedding cake," Jewel said as she snatched up the marshmallow bag along with the chocolates and graham crackers. Yeah, she wasn't letting them out of her sight!

"Take me to your lair!"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2015, 08:54:40 am »
Jesse smiled, and walked into the elevator, waiting for her to follow along. Once she did, he hit the button marked "D1", and the elevator went up. Jesse looked at Jewel, with her arms all full of delicious food, and he raised his fingers on the blunt, and held it out to her.

Obviously, the intent was for her to take her hit while Jesse held it steady for her.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2015, 09:02:28 am »
"Why thank you, captain!" Jewel said, and leaned in to take the hit, eyes closed in enjoyment. She blew the smoke out, watching it curl upwards into the air. Part of her wondered what kind of ventilation this ship had, if any, or if they were going to be smelling skunk the entire time they were here.

Not that she wasn't used to the smell, and even liked it. Either way, whatever anxiety she'd been feeling when they'd taken off was now officially gone, and her head felt fantastic.

Thank you, miracle drug!

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2015, 09:20:47 am »
Jesse followed the smoke with his eyes, watching it diffuse and then get sucked out through the ventilation. For obvious reasons, spaceships needed good ventilation systems.

The elevator ride was over almost as quickly as it had started, and the doors opened up to reveal Jesse's quarters. The place was packed with all kinds of neat, vintage stuff and fancy old-timey doodads.

He even had a lava lamp! Homebuilt too, by the looks of it.

His quarters were spread into a bedroom and living room area, with no door or wall seperating them. The living area consisted of a loveseat, coffee table, and a TV with a couple of video game consoles beneath it. The bedroom was just that. A bed, a nightstand, and a closet. Given, they were fancy and fit the aesthetic, but they were just that.

Jesse took a hit, glancing down to the blunt and finally noticing how short it was getting.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2015, 09:32:33 am »
Jewel let out a low, appreciative whistle as she stepped out of the elevator and into Jesse's "lair". She cast a look around the place and felt like she'd taken a step back in time. Clearly, this guy liked an old fashioned aesthetic.

Not that it wasn't cool as fuck.

"A lava lamp? Damn. Haven't seen one of those since I was a kid and broke mine," Jewel said as she dumped the goods onto the coffee table and flopped down onto the loveseat. She looked up at Jesse and shrugged. "I wanted to see what the blobs were made of. Whoa, shit, you've got games?" she said suddenly, and slid from the seat to the floor, shuffling over to the TV on her knees to check out his consoles.

"Damn, rockin' it old school. You got that old one? Super Maria Sisters? I loved that shit. Could never beat the last world though. Oh, hey! By the way! You said that one room's my room, yeah? Does that mean I get to decorate it?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2015, 10:04:09 am »
"Do whatever the hell you want with it. Nothing too permanent, though. Think of it as your apartment," Jesse said, and dropped down on the couch next to her. The seat was small, so conditions were a tad intimate, but Jesse was too high to care.

The game systems were a mix of older and newer ones.

"Never was a platformer guy. I've got all the newest ones, though!"

He turned the plasma torch back on, and popped open the bag of marshmallows. He opened up the crackers and chocolates, and rubbed his hands together.

"I know I look mighty old-fashioned, but I like my modern comforts, too. Oh, and that thing's not just a lava lamp. It's a bong, too."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2015, 10:12:34 am »
"Lava lamp bong? Niiiiice," Jewel said with a laugh, and rejoined him on the loveseat, flopping back in her seat and propping her boots up onto the coffee table.

Careful, of course, not to crush any of the sweets!

Reaching forward, she grabbed one of the sticks and skewered a marshmallow on it. "Got any co-op games? I bet I'd destroy you," she said, and held the stick out to him before giving his torch a pointed look. "This marshmallow ain't gonna roast itself."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2015, 10:32:35 am »
"Yeah. I smoke... quite a bit. Bona-fide stoner."

He looked at her, and raised an eyebrow.

"Just hold it over the fire," he said, motioning to the lit plasma torch. The nozzle was pointed upwards, so the flame wasn't exactly out of reach for her.

"Don't you be bettin' anything. You're on, Jewel."

He held the blunt out to her.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2015, 10:42:55 am »
"Oh. Right." Jewel snorted a laugh and held the marshmallow over the flame. Yeeeah, okay, this stuff was definitely stronger than she was accustomed to. Generally, she didn't smoke to get baked off her ass, just enough to keep her chill, keep the anxiety at bay. She'd gotten used to the effects after frequent use. But right now? She was feeling as giddy and stupid as her first time.

Which was fiiiine, because it was definitely keeping her from thinking about just what the hell she'd done!

When her marshmallow had turned a golden brown, she removed it from the fire and waved the stick carefully to cool it enough to handle. "Too late, bet's already made. I play even better when I'm stoned," she said, and took another hit from the blunt before passing it back. Damn, that thing was almost gone.

Taking up some graham cracker squares, she laid some chocolate on it, then mashed the marshmallow off the stick and between the crackers. The chocolate quickly began to melt and drip onto her fingers, but she didn't care as she took a bite--

And burned her tongue.

"Ow ow ow, hot, hot!" she said, fanning her mouth.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2015, 12:48:32 pm »
Jesse laughed, and was ready in case she dropped either the blunt or her s'more. When neither happened, though, he relaxed.

"You alright?" he said, leaning forwards a bit. He held his own marshmallow over the plasma torch, blackening it a bit more before loading it between chocolate and crackers. He took the blunt, killed it, and then tossed it directly into the plasma torch's mouth, incinerating it completely.

"Damn, that was some good shit..."

He took a bite out of his s'more, and laughed.

"This is some good shit too!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal