Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]  (Read 33313 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 04:37:32 pm »
"Ohthankgods! Seriously, thank you! I can do all that, yeah, no problem! Do you like coffee? 'Cause I can make a mean latte or whatever other caffeinated bev you like! Professional barista and all! Cooking and drink-making, that shit's easy!" Jewel gushed, relief pouring out of her in practically a single breath--along with a little desperation, as though afraid he'd reconsider if she didn't impress him.

Sure, moments ago she had been trying to escape, but it was ovious now that he wasn't dangerous people. After all, dangerous people wouldn't be super worried about, like...some city girl potentially being a dangerous people, right? Plus, he was just a scavenger. Harmless.

Except for the gun and bots. Ow.

Taking a step toward him, she held out a gloved hand--fingerless leather gloves--with a wide grin. "Oh man, this is awesome! I've never been on a spacecraft before, much less in space! Name's Jewel by the way, last name's unimportant. When are we we leaving? Soon, right? Where're we going?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 05:13:17 pm »
"Jewel, huh? Can't say I've heard that one before," He said, and he took her hand into his and gave it a nice, brisk shake. "Can't say I've had a barista on board, either. Whatever that is."

He let go of her hand, and motioned to Boulevard.

"That there piece of work is Boulevard. The big one that put your lights out was Highway. Turnpike's around here somewhere, that little rascal gets all over the place..."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 08:30:18 pm »
Jewel looked to Boulevard, the robot she'd followed into the cargo hold the first time. "Huh. I sense a theme here," she said with a small smirk, reaching up to poke lightly at the cooling pack.

"Remind me not to piss them off again. They're not gonna attack me now or anything, right? Like, is there anything I need to watch out for with them? Don't really wanna get another KO..."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 10:21:43 pm »
"I put you into the system, so they'll treat you right," he said.

Suddenly, a loud pop came from Boulevard, and the robot set the cylinder down.

"I have opened it," the machine said, and then played an audio recording of Jesse saying "Yee-haw!"

Jesse chuckled, and stepped over to the cylinder, and picked it up. He popped the lid off, and immediately, an strong odor Jewel would probably be very familiar with wafted into the room. Jesse laughed, and peered inside.

"Shit, there's half a pound of grass in here..."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 10:42:14 pm »
Yee-haw? Really? Jewel raised an eyebrow at Jesse, in a total "I'm so judging you" sort of way, though she supposed she should have seen it coming, what with the whole cowboy look he was rocking. Judgment, however, was quickly put on pause when the contents of that cylinder became clear--in sight and smell.

"Dude, no way!"

Jewel was right behind Jesse in a flash, peering around him and into the cylinder he held. "You're gonna share that, right?"

Because that was one of the many things she hadn't packed. Only the essentials, she'd told herself, and besides, she was trying to give weed up as it apparently relaxed her powers, too. Powers she had no handle on and didn't know the first thing about, nor want to learn.

But it was easier to quit something when temptation wasn't staring you right in the eye, and she just knew one hit of that would have her head feeling leagues better.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 06:19:08 am »
Jesse returned the look with a "I can do whatever I want with my robots!" expression, and he peered back down to the cylinder.

"Hell yeah, I'm gonna share it," he said, and set the cylinder down.

"Perks of bein' a contract scavenger. It's a Finder's-Keeper's world out there."

He stood up, and capped the cylinder.

"Will you join me in the cockpit, Jewel?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 07:14:01 am »
Jewel snapped off a jaunty salute. "Aye aye, captain! Lead the way. 'Cause I've seriously got no idea where the fuck anything is in this place."

And then her look turned teasing as she nudged him in the side. "The cockpit, huh? Gonna let me drive?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 08:19:46 am »
"Hah! Not if you were the gods themselves. She's a old beast, not like these shiny, modern ships zippin' around. She needs a proper handler!"

He motioned to the door behind him, and it opened.

"Place is laid out pretty simple. At the front, there's the cockpit. This room right here's my workshop, and the room at the back of this level's where I keep my workshop supplies and the robots."

He walked inside the cockpit, and sat down in the pilot's seat. The whole thing was incredibly old fashioned. The Lindy-Lou was one of the few remaining ships out there that had a completely manual control system. Switches, dials, levers, and old-fashioned computers. Even the hyperdrive system had to be calculated manually.

It also looked pretty damn vintage, with plenty of chrome and minimalist layouts.

"That main room's also where your room is connected. It's where you woke up. bathroom's connected there too. There's an elevator, too. Up leads to my quarters, down goes to the cargo hold. The Lindy-Lou's got three decks."

He set the cylinder on the dasboard, and reached up to press a button. The cockpit's sun shutters opened up, and the both of them got a kickass view of the Edenenian sunset.

He popped open a glove compartment with his foot, where there were several packs of cigars.

"Hell of a sight, isn't it?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 02:00:45 pm »
"Good answer!" Jewel said with a laugh. "I wouldn't have trusted you if you'd agreed. Only thing I've ever driven is my motorcycle. And a car. Right up until I totaled it."

She followed him into the cockpit, not at all subtle about the way she stared at all the shiny levers and screens that did who knew what. How did anyone even keep track of all that shit? She moved carefully as she walked, half afraid of bumping into a lever and blowing up the ship or ejecting Jesse from his seat or something, and after getting a good look at everything, she finally turned back around and sprawled out in the co-pilot's seat like it was a throne.

She didn't even care that she was grinning like a fool. This was too cool. She was in the cockpit of a ship! In the co-pilot's chair! Made her feel all important.

And as for the view...

"Shit," she breathed, leaning forward as she stared out into the wide red expanse that was Edanith, and the colorful sky above it that was painted in pastels, all reds and golds and violets. Back in the city, sunsets didn't really look like that. There were too many lights and buildings blocking the view, so she really only saw ones of this caliber on TV. The desert that had looked so dead and ugly to her earlier now looked a little more...artful.

"Alright, I'll admit, that's pretty...pretty," she said after a pause as she drank it in. "You don't see sunsets like that in Tynova." And then, after a pause, she added, "You don't see many sunsets at all, actually. Way too busy doing other shit, you forget to look."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 02:14:43 pm »
"This ain't nothing," Jesse said, and took a cigar from the glove compartment.

"Boulevard!"

After a few seconds, the door opened up, and Boulevard stepped in. Jesse held out the cigar and the cylinder to the robot, and it took those things into its hands.

"Wanna see something cool?" Jesse asked, and then propped his feet up on the dashboard.

"Boulevard, roll that for me."

Immediately, the robot looked down at both of the objects, and some light came out of it as it gridscanned both objects. A compartment opened up in its chest, and a third, smaller arm tipped with several tools came out. Using a precision laser, it split the cigar in two, and then atomized the contents.

"But yeah, I've seen some mighty beautiful things out in the solar system. It'll open your eyes, those sights."

He took his hat off, and rested it on his chest, letting his hair go free. He ran a hand through it, and then joined his hands behind his back. All the while, Boulevard worked its magic.

"Ever been out of the city, Jewel? or've you been a slicker your whole life?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 02:32:51 pm »
"Niiiiiice! You programmed your bot to roll blunts?" Jewel said, finding herself endlessly amused by that for some reason. "Ah, technology. Such a wondrous thing--whoa!"

The contents vanished beneath its laser, leaving her wondering just how powerful said laser was. Like, that could probably remove a finger (or a hand) no problem.

She watched the robot work as Jesse spoke, looking up only when he asked his question. She nodded, and went back to watching Boulevard. "Yeah, Tynova born and raised. Well...raised, at least. I was born in a frontier town, technically, but my family came here when I was really little, so..."

She flashed him a smile. "That counts, right?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 02:50:08 pm »
"It'll count, I suppose..."

He crossed a leg over the other, and returned her smile.

"Boulevard's got a cognitive association module. He can monkey-see-do anything I can do. Sometimes, he mimes me a bit too close. He's picked up some bad work habits."

Boulevard was quick with his work. With all the precision one would come to expect from an engineering robot, it packed, rolled, and heat-sealed the blunt. It handed it back to Jesse, who took a plasma torch from the ground near his seat and started to wind up the valve.

"Got a final destination in mind, or you just content to stay on board until you see a place you like?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 03:03:17 pm »
"Must be a pretty pricey robot..." Jewel said as Boulevard finished up its work. She sat back in her chair, drawing her knees up against her chest with her boots flat on the seat. The guy must make good money doing what he did! Which suited her fine. She'd been damned lucky running into him, bump on the head aside...

She wrapped her arms around her knees and tilted her head to look from the robot to Jesse, shoulders lifting in a shrug. "Nope, no destination. Like I said, just Not Here. I figured I'd figure the rest out later, once I was safe. Plus, I honestly don't really know what's out there. I do, in theory! I learned the planets and nations and shit in school, seen it on the news, but that's not the same. So, I guess I'll just know what I'm looking for when I see it.

"What about you?" she asked. "You live here?" Because he looked like he could be your typical Edani frontiersman.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 04:21:22 pm »
"No, I'm not from Edanith," Jesse said, doffing his hat a tad. "From Cancer. Born and raised in the Ruddersteel District. Reason I'm so ravishingly rugged," he said with a grin. As if to prove his point, he finally cocked up the plasma torch's valve, releasing the bright blue flames from within. It immediately lit the blunt, and Jesse took in quite the large hit, and released it through his nose.

He held it out to Jewel, and grinned.

"Boulevard was cheap. I built and programmed him myself."

He licked his lips, and fell silent.

"Good shit, by the way."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 04:40:06 pm »
Jewel happily took the blunt, hardly able to believe her day. It hardly felt real! Just that morning she'd had to flee the city on her freakin' motorcycle, got hopelessly, lost in the desert, been knocked out after being held at gunpoint, and now she was smoking Mystery Dope on a mysterious ship with a mysterious stranger. What a day.

She took a long hit and let it out in a smoke ring, eyes closed in pleasure--and as she predicted, her aching head soon began to feel a lot better, even as aches and pains she hadn't known she'd had ebbed away. She held it back out to Jesse.

"Cancer. That the piratey place?" she said, and then narrowed her eyes at him playfully. She leaned in, voice lowered to a whisper and other hand cupping her mouth. "You a pirate?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 04:52:57 pm »
"No, I ain't no bandit. I'm an honest bussinessman, and I mean that when I say it. But I'll let you in on a little secret, Jewel."

Jesse leaned towards her, and cupped his hand over his mouth too.

"Before I went straight, though, I delt scrap illegally. Worked on ships. Ever since I earned my own, though, I've been honest."

Jesse narrows his eyes at her. He takes the blunt and drags in some more smoke. Exhaling through the nose once more, he smiled.

"What about you, Ms. Jewel? You say you're a fancy chef or something, but you don't dress all prim. You got spice in you. What's your story?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 05:13:15 pm »
That got a loud laugh out of Jewel, Jesse's statement just a tad funnier than it would have been a few minutes ago. She reached for the blunt, snapping her fingers to indicate he needed to surrender it to her again.

"Fancy chef? Me? Yeeeah, something like that, I guess," she said with a grin. "I'm a barista. Was a barista. Means I know how to make tasty caffeinated drinks of the coffee-and-espresso variety. And I'm just gonna throw this out here right now, but I reserve the right to smack you if you ever say ex-presso, I swear to dog, don't test me."

She scooted around in her seat a little and decided to follow his example, kicking her feet up and onto the dashboard. "So, that's basically my life. I made drinks at a hipster-goth-whatever cafe--it could never really decide what it wanted to be. Oh yeah, and I served muffins and stuff. Hope you're not too disappointed, because my cooking mostly consists of whatever I can nuke or 'just add water' to. Sometimes I crack an egg. But I am serious, I make awesome lattes--fluffy foam, smooth shots--so it more than makes up for my by-the-box cooking skills."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 05:17:46 pm »
"Oh, so you're like a bartender, but with coffee! That's damn cool, I tell you what."

He surrendered the blunt, just before giving her a mockingly nasty glare.

"Don't get snippy with me, girl."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2015, 05:26:34 pm »
"Girl?" Jewel repeated as she took the blunt. "Oh no you didn't! Rule number one, it's espresso, not expresso. Rule number two? My name's not girl. Or sweetie. Or darlin'. Or any other patronizing pet name."

And she took another hit, after sticking her tongue out at him.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 05:49:46 pm »
"Pardon me, Jewel. Sometimes, my Cancer side breaks out a bit more than I like," he said.

"And I knew how to say 'spresso, too."

He looked up at the sky, and then back at Jewel.

"Reckon it's as good a time as any to take off! You came up here to be in a spaceship launch, didn't you?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal