Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Deadly Information Has Its Costs [DaGlobster]  (Read 4831 times)

Stardancer

Re: Deadly Information Has Its Costs [DaGlobster]
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 02:40:48 pm »
((I knew it!))

The beast hit the far wall again, and this time it did not get up. Then the surroundings of the vast field she was in faded away, the building from before now filling her awareness in its entirety. And what Plerona saw made her gasp in outright astonishment.

Peter.

He lay unmoving against the wall where the pictures had been, glass shattered everywhere as his body had slammed into them. Injured and bleeding, and by her hand no less. But he was not dead. Plerona immediately rushed over to him, staring in abject horror at what she'd done. "I'm sorry, so sorry..." she pleaded to him sorrowfully. "Please forgive me, I did not know..."

And Plerona should have known, but she hadn't. Should have known that the Mindshifter would trick her into harming an innocent man. Peter only stared up at her accusingly, unable to move or even make a sound, so much in pain he was. Plerona put a hand on his forehead softly, as she closed all three of her eyes dejectedly. Completely forgetting about Kruz'Iik then. "I'm so sorry..."

Plerona didn't know what to do then. She couldn't heal him and she was still too much in shock over what had occurred. Even if he did survive, it was likely he could never look at her the same way ever again. And to Plerona, that was unbearable. A tear slipped down her light blue features, followed by another, and another as all three eyes shed their emotional torment. She had only herself to blame in that moment. Meanwhile, Peter just lay there a broken mess and Plerona couldn't do a thing about it.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 09:53:15 pm »
"Do you see now? The folly of your cause? Standing so bravely in defense of a man, only to unquestioningly and vigorously dash him against the wall mere minutes later. I will make you watch him die, slowly, and painfully. You're a failure, and a discredit to your race."

Kruz'Iik appeared behind her, forming once more from the shadows and dust, and he shot out a hand. He intended to grip her around her neck with telekinesis.

Stardancer

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 10:58:21 pm »
I mustn't give up hope. I will not. Plerona thought, still with tears in her eyes.

She would not give up on this man and let him die. She had to take him to a doctor somewhere. But how she would do that with the Mindshifter here was the problem.

I hadn't meant to-

Any further thoughts were cut off then, as the female alien felt a pressure around her neck, slowly squeezing her airway. For a second, Plerona was caught off-guard and didn't immediately act. When she got some of her bearings back, Plerona recognized it as a telekinetic force. In response, she attempted to use her own power to bat him away from her, with the intent to thus disrupt his concentration.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 11:15:01 pm »
Kruz'Iik's power was not easily abated, and Plerona only managed to get a momentary reprieve before Kruz'Iik's grasp tightened down on her. He didn't hold her for long, and similarly to how she did to Peter, Kruz'Iik made to shoot her across the room, into an undamaged table.

Stardancer

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 11:26:34 pm »
Landing on top of the table violently, Plerona's body managed to break it not by her weight but by sheer force alone. The wind thoroughly knocked out of her, all Plerona could do then was stare up at the ceiling in a red haze of pain.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 12:07:53 am »
For a few moments, she was blissfully undisturbed, but then Kruz'Iik appeared in her vision, standing over her.

"Your pain sings to me. All those synapses, firing away in your brain..."

He reached down to clasp his shadowy hand around her throat, and lift her up.

Stardancer

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 12:25:45 am »
Struggling then, Plerona focused her power again to throw him off her. She gasped and gagged as his hand clamped around her throat, but still tried to utilize her ability.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2015, 12:32:25 am »
Kruz'Iik's form dissipated with the application of her force, dropping her onto her knees. However, his will was still present.

A ball of fire appeared above her, and it shot down to strike her in the back. It wasn't enough to kill her, but it definitely had the power to burn through her clothing and leave a nasty burn on her back.

Stardancer

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2015, 12:40:45 am »
Feeling momentary relief, Plerona sucked in air. She was too slow to avoid the ball of fire, either by dodging it or using her power to fling it elsewhere and so as a result, it burned away half of her clothing. Some of her hair along with it, the acrid stench of both burnt skin and hair filling the room. It did indeed leave a nasty burn mark on her back and she screamed in pain at it, all three eyes welling up with tears in response.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:49:43 am by Stardancer »

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 01:03:10 am »
Kruz'Iik reformed by Peter's side. The man was still rendered silent by his injuries. Kruz'Iik grabbed a fistful of Peter's hair, and pulled him up to his feet.

"Truly, I'd hoped you'd pose a greater challenge. It was like swatting a fly..."

He put his other hand on Peter's temple, and started to probe into his mind.

Stardancer

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 01:16:21 am »
Breathing heavily, Plerona slowly got up and tried to collect herself then.

Kruz'Iik would only be able to get partway into Peter's mind, just barely reaching the information he sought before Plerona would use her telekinesis on him again to fling him away from Peter. However due to her injury, her power was weakened and likely would not have the desired punch it normally would have.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 01:39:57 am »
Again, her telekinesis only served to dissipate Kruz'Iik's form. As a consequence, peter fell right back onto the ground, face down. A fall like that could only mean worsened wounds.

Kruz'Iik reformed where he stood, and he extended a hand towards her. It seemed that trying to push him around was completely innefective, since Kruz'Iik wasn't even corporeal to begin with. All she had accomplished so far was disrupting his form. But even then, that didn't stop him from attacking.

Lightning jumped from his fingers to strike her. Again, the attack wasn't lethal.

He was still toying with her.

Stardancer

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 01:48:10 am »
Plerona gasped as Peter fell face forward, the sickening crunch of bone resounded as his nose broke from the impact. Just then, lightning from Kruz'Iik's fingers struck her and she writhed in pain before falling to the ground once more. This time, it would take her longer to recover as her nervous system tried to right itself again.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 02:08:12 am »
"Clearly, you need more punishment," came Kruz'Iik's reply, and he shocked her again, this time holding the lightning on her for a couple of seconds.

Stardancer

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 12:13:58 pm »
As Plerona hadn't yet fully recovered from the first bolt of lightning, the second one made her twitch even more on the ground for nearly a minute. Trying to get up, she stared at him, third eye burning ever brightly, as she drew upon her inner strength and belief that she would get through this. And so would Peter.

Then she channeled her power yet again to launch the shards of glass his way off the floor where the pictures were.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2015, 01:51:32 pm »
Really, shards of glass?

The shards passed through his shadow-form, shattering harmlessly against the wall behind him. He laughed, and started to walk towards her.

"Is telekinesis all you're capable of? For a species that prides itself on its psionics, you Trenopians are barely above gnats in the threat you pose to me."

Stardancer

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 03:08:18 am »
Plerona frowned. "Please do not insult my people." she said quietly but firmly.

As the Mindshifter walked towards her, the Trenopian held up a hand. "Wait. Please just cease this needless violence and leave us be. Haven't you done enough as it is?"

Keeping a careful eye on him, she mentally prepared herself for what else might happen. Her clothes were badly ruined and would need some serious repair, and her hair was also partly gone, burned away by Kruz'Iik's psionic fire blast.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2015, 10:05:26 am »
"This violence was never needless."

The ground shifted beneath her, and the concrete shifted and broke up to capture her arms and legs, essentially pinning her down .

"You made it necessary when you stood in my way, determined to keep me from protecting both my species, and humanity. You inflicted those wounds onto Peter, not me. You are the one who continues to fight, when just submitting to your already catastrophic failure would keep further harm from happening."

He reached back into her mind, her walls weakened with her pain and suffering, and he took note of her specific psionic signal. He felt out at the world around him, searching for psionic presences.

There was another Trenopian. Not nearby, but...

"There is another," Kruz'Iik said, and he looked up towards the heavens.

Stardancer

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2015, 04:04:05 pm »
The tiled floor shifted around Plerona and she fell back onto it, hitting her head hard. The concrete underneath moved and reformed over her arms and legs, thus trapping her and preventing her from being able to further defend herself. Momentarily dazed, her vision cleared after half a minute. She tried to break apart the concrete holding her down with her telekinesis but only managed to shift a tiny amount due to her wounds and weakened state. But she was still trapped.

About to protest at the Mindshifter's words, Plerona then felt him reach into her mind and search around. Looking for something. Finally he seemed to find what he was looking for, his next words freezing the female Trenopian in dread.

He had to be talking about Lemuel. "Nooo..." she breathed, horrified. ''Leave him be!"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2015, 01:58:45 am »
"I don't have to do anything," Kruz'Iik said, and he put his foot down on Plerona's chest, further pinning her down.

"Your desperate mind is broadcasting its signals all over this planet. If he's any kind of competent, he'll recognize that you're in danger, and he will come. I'm boosting your signal, after all."

Kruz'Iik knelt down, and passed a shadowed finger over Plerona's cheek.

"What am I to do in the meantime? You amuse me, Trenopian, but I have priorities to take care of."

He got up, and walked over to Peter, who was unconscious. The rocks holding Plerona down shifted so that her head was pointed forwards. He was forcing her to watch.

He grabbed Peter by the head, and pulled him up by his hair. Kneeling down, he started to drain the man.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal