Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dreaming of a New Age [Daglobster]  (Read 5233 times)

Offline Jounin

Dreaming of a New Age [Daglobster]
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:50:41 am »
Cygnus finally got some down time after dealing with some new recruits so he decided he'll head down to the marketplace to do some grocery shopping. He gets everything that he needs on his list when he notices the bakery making fresh scones.

Cygnus' mouth waters as he walks over "Gods if I don't deserve this then I don't know who will." He buys a one and walks out of the market munching. Today felt quaint..to quaint he just knew something was going to arise. Either it ruin or improve his day he didn't know, but he just had that feeling.

Offline Daglobster

Re: Dreaming of a New Age [Daglobster]
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 11:10:01 am »
[Since Cygnus is your character, it's up to you to determine what kind of trouble he gets in. My original idea was that a gang tries to kidnap him to ransom him back to the Libran government, but that's just a suggestion.]

Asai idly walked through the marketplace, stopping every once in a while to enter a store and have a few looks around. She was in her preferred human disguise, and she had her flowing, white hair done into a long ponytail.

Despite the fact that she didn't really intend on buying anything, she did come out of one store with a nice little bracelet. It was titanium with little jade insets.

She wasn't a local, so she didn't really notice Cygnus as she walked past him, all too focused on her shiny new bracelet!

Offline Jounin

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 11:22:52 am »
[Yeah I like that idea]

On his way home. He was blocked by a strange man. Before he could react he felt a cold gun pressed up against the back of his head.

Outside of his mecha Cygnus is no fighter by any means so he raises his hands in surrender.
"Great...I knew I wouldn't be able to relax today."

A small grin creeps up his face. "You know it's pretty risky attacking an admiral like this, especially in not the most secluded place."     
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:35:13 pm by Jounin »

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 04:43:33 pm »
Asai was seated at a table when she saw it. She didn't know if anybody else did, because the people were just walking on by. Just off to the side of the main crowd, that military looking man was being held up by a group of thugs, and nobody else was seeing this!

Asai shifted around in her seat, biting her lips for a few seconds, before she stood up, and started making her way over there through the thick crowd.

"Come on," she whispered to herself.

"Just hold on for a few more seconds..."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 04:54:13 pm »
The thugs seemed a bit hesitant after that comment. "What is that gun? A Mark-V Zeron? Not the most dated, but gets the job done." At this point Cygnus was just trying to stall them hoping one of his knights will find him.

"H-how did you know?" The thug behind him stammers."

"Well I can feel the shape of the nozzle and assuming you aren't the richest people around that gun was the only cheap one with that nozzle. It was fairly simple to put the pieces together."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 05:41:08 pm »
As Asai moved through the crowd she reached into her vest, which she was wearing above a padded, long-sleeved shirt, and was dismayed when she remembered she didn't have her gun. Damn Librans, taking her gun away!

It only meant she'd have to risk discovery, then.

She didn't have much time to think of any other way to deal with this, because right as she realized she was unarmed, she'd stepped out of the crowd, and clear into the view of the thugs.

Without hesitating, she lifted a hand towards the man with the gun to Cygnus' head, and a bright, cerulean ball of energy shot out of her palm to strike the man in the chest, sending him against the wall.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 09:20:34 pm »
Cygnus darts over to the man snatching the gun from him and points it at the other thug. He backs up to the woman that saved him.

"Thank you for the assist. Was that magic? Are you a Duo pilot? I don't know many pilots except for my knights?" He asked not moving his eyes away from the thug.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 10:00:26 am »
Asai opted to stay quiet, because most likely, being a duo pilot was likely the only way out of this without being called out as a mage! And if she was called out, then TRIM would find her, and if TRIM found her...

That'd be it. Bam. End of story for her!

Either way, military types prefer not to talk while fighting, right? At least, she hoped so.

Without answering immediately, Asai then turned her attention to the other man, who, once seeing that a mage was involved, suddenly looked much less confident in his ability to kidnap the man.

She straightened out her arm, and the man's hands went around his throat. Then, with a flick of the wrist, she threw him face first into the ground.

All of the thugs had been neutralized, and Asai slowly let out a breath. Funny, how she breathed in air, even though she didn't need to. She was never organic, so she never had the need to. She'd picked up the habit from having to blend in.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 03:33:37 pm »
"The silent type I see, I'll take that as a yes. I must thank you for helping me out, it would've been a disaster if an admiral got kidnapped."

He puts the gun away and looks at her. "Come to my place dinner is on me. Think of it as a celebratory meal for your heroism. Oh and may I ask your name so I can recommend you to the duo admiral."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 07:03:47 am »
Asai fixed her vest. She was tempted to bolt, but it'd be too suspicious. Then, she heard his question. Was... Was he asking her to dinner? A small blush came to Asai's cheeks, and she joined her hands together at her waist.

"Oh! Sorry if I was a bit quiet, the, uh... the magic takes focus."

Okay, now she needed a name.

"I'm Hailette."

Uh...

"I'm a standard Duo mage. Nothing too special!"

Offline Jounin

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 07:21:05 am »
That last line seemed a little suspicious, but he shrugged it off. She did save his life after all. "Well you may not be nothing too special once your admiral hears about this!" He starts walking motioning her to follow. "You know if your ever interested in learning how to operate a mecha the Knights will always welcome new members."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 08:09:43 am »
"Oh, I've never really been good at manual controls," Asai said, and it was true! She'd tried to pilot other machines before, it just didn't feel right. She surmised that she wouldn't feel too good in a mecha, either.

A humanoid machine piloting another humanoid machine? A bit too "meta" for her tastes, frankly.

She followed after Cygnus, a little nervous. But it didn't come of as an "I'm a fugitive" kind of nervous, it was more of an "Awkward girl being invited to dinner by a cute guy," sort of nervous.

It was rather cute!

Offline Jounin

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 09:39:35 pm »
Cygnus led her to a luxury apartment complex.  Entering the lobby he plugs in a code and the teleport pad start glowing.

Thinking back running a synopsis on the situation the girl is really beautiful, but it may cause needless rumors if he were to go after a pilot.

He smiles directing Hailette to the pad. "It would be rude of me to enter before my guest."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 10:11:16 pm »
Asai was a bit distracted, thinking about just how the hell she was going to get out of this, but when Cygnus offered for her to go first, she smiled, blushed again, and stepped inside.

When she came out the other end, she was stumbling a bit, but other than that, she held her footing pretty well.

As a machine, she had gyroscopes instead of those tubes in the inner ear. The only difference was that gyroscopes kept her stable, at the cost of her being disoriented a bit easier.

She looked around, curious to see her surroundings.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »
Cygnus beams in. "Ah home sweet home." His home consisted of a high tech living room and kitchen and in the corner was a large octagonal shaped room that held the master bedroom and bathroom.

"So miss hero what would you like to eat? As long as I use technology to cook I can make a fairly good meal."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 06:04:29 pm »
Oh, crap!

Going to dinner with this guy actually meant eating. How could she have forgotten such a simple detail? She could fake eating, but she'd... never really eaten that often.

Her technique could use some work.

"Just some meat and veggies would do for me. They keep us pilots on pretty strict diets. Gotta make sure we fit in those tight cockpits and all that," she said, and chuckled. She looked around, and took a seat on the couch, marveling at how comfy it was.

"Wow, real cushy place you have here. You must be pretty high-up..."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 12:35:44 am »
Cygnus laughs at that comment. "Right sometimes I forget we torture you poor pilots with extra work and bad food. Here's what I'll take the meat and vegetables and make a stir fry."

Cygnus heads over to the kitchen and starts getting ingredients. "Yeah it's a lot different than living on the streets. To think what I'd be like if the military never found me."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 01:07:57 am »
Asai smiled a bit, and she spun around on the couch. She propped her knees up on the seat, and rested her elbows on the backrest, placing her chin in her hands so she could look at him work.

"I know the feeling. Things were kind of rough for me, too."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 08:01:40 pm »
Cygnus starts up the wok, then a series of high tech machines and begins cooking. "We all have our past, but it's what we make out of our future that matters. Serving the Libran people is award enough for me, but improving this great station would make it even better. If we were to terraform our memories and technology will be dampened." 

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 08:40:27 pm »
"Oh yes, definitely!" Asai said, and after a few moments, she just got up and walked to him so they didn't have to talk across the room.

"If we colonize a planet, we'd need to draw a full-sized army to compliment our space forces. No doubt it'd hamper our famous navy."

She hopped up onto the counter to sit on it, watching him cook as she stared curiously.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal