Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Turning of a Leaf [open]  (Read 947 times)

masonwolf

The Turning of a Leaf [open]
« on: August 20, 2014, 08:42:39 pm »
-14670 miles away from Nearest Megacity-

There was small Settlement called Lunaris and it consisted of Wolfen Refuges along with several Edani people who came to help build it up and welcome their new Inhabitants to the world. The settlement Was made of several salvaged ships and a metal wall with watch towers and guards to defend it from the wild frontier, old Engines were turned into houses and a damaged Plasma turret was scrubbed out and turned into a watertower/water purifier. The Elected Leader of this settlement was Lissa/Lissan From House Stoneblade on their homeworld of Santoria, was elected for her Diplomacy skills as an ambassador for the Wolfen Republic until her banishment along with the other 26 Wolfens who survived the attack from the republic's fleet.

She walked passed the small houses and stopped at the Wolfens from House Lotus start planting crops from Santoria which seemed to love the minerals in the earth and grew twice as fast without the help of the magic of their farmers. "Hows the Planet's locals been treating you?"

"Very nicely, the are loving the crops we sell and we can buy seeds and equipment from them in return."

"Good, I hope to hear word of the Council agreeing to my meeting with them... Have you guys seen Captain Garland anywhere? I need to talk to him about our Settlement's defenses."

One of the Wolfen farmers who was a Fireblade looked up and  pointed to the lake which the Settlement bordered on it's north shore. "Saw him over  at the lake fishing with his kid."

"Thanks Rogai, I'll bring you guys some lunch after I talk to Garland." She chuckled before walking through the undeveloped street of their town until she stopped at the gate to see the many vehicles from Frontiersmen who wanted to trade tools and food with them.

Pirostyle

Re: The Turning of a Leaf [open]
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:58:31 pm »
A man was off in the distance. He was nearly a mile away from the edge of the Lunaris settlement. His binoculars scanned back and forth across the wall, and towards whatever villagers could be seen. The people obviously didn't look hostile, or like any criminals. At the very worst Nato thought they might be neutral. There had been word around that there was a settlement of wolf-like people who were tall and strong. It was likely this was it.

The dark brown haired man stayed by a small, patched-up four wheeler. It was an excellent tool for traveling across the barren dirt. He monitored the settlement for a while longer before deciding it would be safe to get closer.

Most of then noises were muffled or silenced, but it was still a fairly loud machine. Anything from a megacity would have been much nicer and cleaner. Luxury wasn't always easy to find, or build, out in the frontier though. A few minutes passed as Nato slowly ventured closer towards the main gate, trying his best not to look like a threat to the villagers.

masonwolf

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:19:31 pm »
One of the guards walked toward the truck and held up a hand for it to stop, once it did he   walked over to the driver side window and looked at the man. " Hulli, Stranger I need to ask you to park your vehicle with the others and leave any Weapons sheathed and holstered. Also tonight is the beginning of Alad, One of our celebrations from our planet if wish to stay the night." He said to the man with a friendly sounding voice for a large alien bred for war. He was dressed in newly painted Green and red armor that covered his body leaving his legs, arms, and neck/head exposed to the elements. "Alright, move along, we got another vehicle behind you."

Lissa watched the truck stop and watched until the guard moved away and let the driver park their vehicle before looking at the other visitors coming in to trade or even try to move in with the strong Wolfen Refuges. After  entering gate the visitors are greeted by a large red sandstone statue of a dragon with some white glowing crystals for it's eyes, on the tail which was higher than the rest of the body was paper lamps that were hung on wires from the statue to the houses around it. The houses had a Eastern feel to them similar that of the Japanese even though they're made of materials from a old ship and forest that surrounded the lake.

Pirostyle

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 07:30:30 pm »
Nato parked the motor bike and entered through the main gate, admiring the statue and decorations. He smiled and reached for a small device from his bag, pulling it apart into a holomap. After marking the spot as a large settlement, he closed it back up and began to look around for someone that might be in charge. The many trees around the lake hinted at a good spot for a settlement to be.

He turned to a nearby guard, attempting to ask for directions. "Excuse me, where could I find one of the supervisors to this place? I wanted to ask about the surrounding landscape to see if there were any improvements we could learn for our terraforming technology."

masonwolf

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 10:39:57 pm »
"Our Current Elected leader is-" The guard responded before Noticing Lissa walking in his general Direction.

"That would be me, Wolfen Earth Mage and Ambassador Lissa At your Service... Now, how can I help a lad like you?" She Asked as she cocked her hip to the side a but to put pressure on her other foot and tended to switch foot every 30 or so minutes. She was Dressed in her Casual wear Robes but her light Military Katana hung from the silk belt that kept the whole outfit together.

Pirostyle

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 11:24:31 pm »
Nato bowed out of respect, keeping his composure to try and look professional. "It's nice to meet you ma'am. I'm Nato Orika, and I'm part of a small settlement several dozen miles to the west of here. I've been out scouting the area for a while and found this place in hopes that we would be able to trade between any needed goods."

He pulled the small device from his pocket, opening it up to show a holomap of the area. It showed the current settlement which had recently been marked on the map, along with a few other small settlements and different points around the area. There were several red X marks off to the south of the settlements.

"We've been actively cutting down the raider population while we expand. You wouldn't happen to have any parts that could amplify a terraform tower, or be in need of any robot repairs?"

masonwolf

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 08:28:29 pm »
Lissa bowed after Nato and smiled as she looked at him "Nice to meet you Mr. Orika." she was keeping herself professional as well "I'm sure what ever you need, we can find it among the scrap we got."

She listened with a smile until he asked about something to amplify a Terraformer tower "We don't use terraformers but we did find a tower like object in the lake... I can show you if you like."

Pirostyle

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 03:38:59 pm »
Nato nodded. "Yes, anything we can use to speed up the towers would be a welcome help. The sooner we turn this place into a lush, green planet, the better."

He followed the woman, heading towards the lake. his eyes passed over several scrap piles as they walked, wondering how many good parts were inside.

masonwolf

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 06:53:24 pm »
Lissa led Nato to the lake that acted like a natural border for the town and the very clear water revealed many fish not native to the planet that seemed to enjoy the water. Lissa stood at the edge of the lake and stomped her right and left feet into the ground with ease before she raised her arms to make a machine like tower erupt from the water. the tower was a terraformer but it wasn't of any design made by any nation in the system. "We found this here when we started working. The design is that of an ancient raise my people wiped out a long time ago... or that's what our history documents said... they called themselves the Rin'tan, Large beast like creatures that were able to crush our ancestors with their large hands."

Vixus

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 10:32:50 am »
Not far away, a young man was sleeping in the brush. His name was Azure, and was unknown in these parts... or any parts for that matter. He was in the process of waking up from a small nap when the loud noise gave him a start. He sat up with a start, and looked around. He didn't want to disturb the two strangers, so he continued to watch form where he was, concealed mostly by the brush around him.

Although he was hidden, he wasn't invisible, and the brush made an unnatural sound as it moved around him.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal