Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: New Worlds for New Races [Open]  (Read 1320 times)

masonwolf

New Worlds for New Races [Open]
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:47:12 am »
A large exploratory vessel landed on the red earth that surrounded a lake that had lush green forests and a open area in a mile to every direction, The pilot was a Wolf like creature from the Planet Santoria in the Gendral System. her hyperspace core had glitched out and sent her to this planet and not her desired destination, she wasn't going to complain for it was a unexplored planet that her people could use for a future Colony. she swung around in her pilot seat and typed away at her computer with it's Wolfen writing and symbols, she scanned the planet using seismographic scanners to find this planet had another set of races beginning their colonization. "I'll have to inform Battlemaster about this after my look around... Coomputer, load recon prowler 13 and lower it onto the elevator, send all calls to my headset and try to establish contact with the main colony fleet and tell them of our situation."

The little computer AI appeared on the projector next to the controls. "Would you also like me to make some breakfast for you Lissa?"

The Wolfen already had some early dried food but it's been a while since she had a actual meal." Sure, just focus mostly on trying to establish connection."

"Very well."

She unbuckled herself and walked over to the armory where she got into her light armor and put a gas mask on with her explorer's pack with scanners and soil extractors before heading to the loading bay and got into the dune buggy like vehicle with a automated 75cal. gun that was controlled via nerve link to Lissa's spinal cord and brain. the loading bay elevator lowered the Wolfen and her vehicle down to the ground allowing the alien explorer to drive forward and into the forest surrounding the lake. "Computer, scan the air to see if it's breathable for us."

<Scanning... The air is very similar to Santoria, the other colonies are terraforming the planet as we speak... and we are unable to establish connection with the main fleet, we are 500 kilo-lightyears away from the fleet.> She stopped the buggy at the edge of the lake and felt something ache inside of her, she was stranded in this system unless she finds a way to fix her hyperspace core. she picked up a rock and chucked it into the lake <I'll try to contact Command.> She gave a small nod before sitting down and taking off the gas mask to breath in the air, crisp and clean like the air in her hometown.

Offline Namrul Reil

Re: New Worlds for New Races [Open]
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 01:41:40 am »
Yet again, Tarquin was low of fuel, food, and air. His last mapping had left him quite drained. He didn't have the chance to map regions near enough to Edanith to refuel there. His ship flashed out of jump space and Tarquin liked what he saw. The planet mainly red and speckled with little oasis's of green. It was another beauty that he would have to mark down in his logs.  He stood up form his chair to grab another water and to check on how much food he actually had left.

His ship was pretty small, it had two sleeping quarters with two beds in each. A medium sized storage area and a walk in freezer, a kitchen, one bathroom, and a cargo bay. The walls were bare, they were washed daily by Tarquin. Not a scuff was to be found anywhere on the interior of the ship. It would pass even the hardest of drill sergeant's standards. He walked into the kitchen and pulled a water bottle out of the nearest cabinet. It was the third to last water he had.

He snickered, "Looks like I made some good time for once. I got spares for once!" He closed the cabinet and walked over to the freezer whilst opening his drink. While taking a swig he opened the door to the freezer and saw the emptiness that was within. This didn't surprise him, something was always gone at one point or another. He closed the door and started back to the pilots helm when the lights went out.

Tarquin sighed as the emergency lights kicked on with their familiar reddish glow. He was out of food and the ship was just about out of charge. But hey, he had water at least. He had to manually open doors to get back to the helm, which wasn't very far. He sat in his nice swirly chair and looked at the gauges while taking another sip, Air is fine... hull is fine... charge though, 3%. The jump must've taken more than what he had thought. He didn't know where the cities were on Edanith, but he knew that they grew plants here, so it would be smart to attempt to get close using the green specks as landmarks... right? It was worth a shot, if he could make it through the atmosphere without losing all power.

He put the water on a black coaster and placed his hands on orbs at the ends of each arm on his chair. He rolled the one on his right to the left a little. Booster on the right side of the ship kicked on for a second and then died off. It turned the ship so that it was angled towards one of the green specks. He rolled both sphere's forwards and the jets of the back jumped to life as well. The ship was now headed towards the surface.

He ship broke through the atmosphere easy enough. It was the staying airborne after that which was the problem. The thrusters just couldn't manage it. The ship was flashing it's emergency lights in the cabin and generally being loud. Tarquin was a little stiff, but still calm, Yep I'm going to crash. He aim was true when he wanted greenery, but it didn't look like a city was there. Of course he didn't get too good of a look with whole crashing thing happening. He threw down the landing gear and hoped for the best. He saw a small clearing where it looked like it would do the least damage and aimed the ship as close as he could to it.

He hit the ground hard. The gear was out, but it didn't help too much. It stayed on the ship, so he had that going for him. A large strip of land was lit aflame by the thrusters behind the Scribe. While sighing, Tarquin stood up and manually opened the hatch in the helm that allowed him out. He had to survey the damage after all.

masonwolf

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:52:59 am »
Lissa was collecting some soils samples with a small mechanical arm that came out of the buggy, she scanned every sample to find it missing one or two nutrients needed to support common Wolfen plants used as food. she hopped out of the buggy and looked out to the lake. <Warning, Unidentified vessel has entered the airspace.>

She looked up at the sky as the ship flew over and crashed in the field on the other side of the lake. " keep trying to establish contact while I go investigate this." she ordered before going into a all fours sprint around the lake using the forest as cover from unwanted eyes. she came out of the forest with her Firelancer combat rifle drawn and investigated the site until she saw Tarquin. " Fraaza! Moda o vrums kuqa omd I'rr kerr aeuir okk vesr raod." she spoke in her native tongue of the Southern Wolfen Houses if it didn't work then she'd try the Northern tongue.

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 09:25:22 am »
The damage wasn't that bad really. The hull was dinged a little and it was going to need a helluva scrub down. Overall though, it was in pretty good condition. He was going to need to pull the solar panels out form storage and hook them up. He pulled his handkerchief out and started to clean off his hands a little when there was a quiet rustle follow by the clinking of a gun.

He spun around to listen to the creature practically bark orders at him. He had never heard such a language, he moved slowly, dropping the handkerchief and putting both hands level with his ears.
Very slowly he spoke, "Hey.. how about, don't shoot me," He switched languages, "Ich bin gut, und ich brauche hilfe," switched it up again, "Kluss knddy guv na me... noh attaaf." Hopefully something would make it through. It's not like he had his sniper, but it's not like he would use it either.

He curled his hand into a fist with his thumb sticking out, he pointed at the Scribe, "Just need to get some power... So I can leave.." He had no idea if any of this was connecting. He hadn't really met many aliens, only few that were common in Aedolis and at the rest stops he frequents. He didn't break eye contact with the creature for a second, "You getting this? Or do we need to draw pictures in the dirt?"

masonwolf

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:58:14 am »
Lissa's ears perked up and about when he started speaking a language she didn't even understand but she did understand the common English language "Don't worry, I'm not going to shoot you... just don't give me a reason to." she said putting the collapsible rifle on her back, she walked up to the human looked eye to eye with him, she was merely a inch taller than him which surprised her a bit, usually Wolfens are towering over the other races but this seemed to be a special case in her eyes. her armor had a oriental samurai look to them and it even had a built in sheath for her sword "I didn't mean to scare you, I'm a bit new to this planet and I haven't seen your race before...what are you?" this was her first time meeting a human but she had heard stories from her elders of furless people who gave them the technology to traverse space with ease.

Her ears seem to perk up again when he said he needed power for his ship. "I have a few extra Magi-crystals in my ship, one should power your ship with ease if it has a magic based engine."

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 12:13:11 pm »
He sighed with relief, Tarquin allowed his hands to fall to his sides. No blood needed to get spilled today. He reached out his hand for a hand shake, "My name is Tarquin Peterson, I'm the Galactic Cartographer."

The question was a little surprising, somebody didn't know of humans? He knew the galaxies were big, but humans were pretty renown for colonization of many a planet. So with slight surprise in his voice, he explained, "Well, I'm human. One of the few with no modifications whatsoever."  He shifted his weight from one leg to the other. His plain, white shirt was slightly messed from surveying the damage on his ship. The Bowie knife was proudly displayed on his right leg. The time in space had allowed his hair to grow out a teeny bit, so his reddish hair was visible.

He wasn't very familiar with magics of the world, but he knew that the Scribe was a full tech ship. Tarquin inhaled through his teeth and looked back at the Scribe, "Yeeaah.. It aint. I just have to set up some solar panels though and she'll be ready to fly in no time." He turned back to her, "But what are you doing here one Edanith? I don't know what you are either."

masonwolf

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 01:04:51 pm »
She hesitated to shake his hand but she did it none of the less "I'm Lissa Stoneblade, I'm also known as Lissan when I go through changes... but I am a Ambassador and future settlement locator." she was now a little more interested in this human, a Galactic Cartographer might help her find other planets worth investigating or at least update her maps.

She looked a bit disappointed to hear he was one of the few fully unmodified humans, she would let out a puff of fire from her mouth in disapproval but she didn't for she didn't have the magic. "I'm a Wolfen, I'm proud and hate calling myself one... and I was with my people to explore the stars but my hyperspace core glitched out and now I'm stuck here till it's fixed but... this place might just be suitable for my kind. " seems she has mixed feelings for her own kind, maybe something happened like a genocide or banishment occurred.

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 08:59:01 pm »
Tarquin had a smiled reach across his face, "It is very nice to meet you, Lissa." He listened to her explanation and found himself intrigued, he had never heard of a Wolfen before, but he also knew that he didn't know a lot of things anymore. Maybe he had crossed their planets before in his never-ending mission to map the cosmos. In some ventures he was so far away that he almost died of dehydration before he got to refuel.

He pointed at the rifle on her back, "Do all ambassadors need rifles? According to my records Edanith doesn't have much that can harm anybody on it. I mean, yeah, there's some animals here, but they are few and all the noise my "landing" probably scared 'em off, so nothing should be around."

And with that he started walking back to the Scribe, "I need to get started on getting power back. You want to help with that? It shouldn't take too long. Perhaps we can converse more. I've been in space for awhile, it would be nice to have someone to talk to." He voice seem to flow as he spoke, it was an inviting tone. He reached the the side of the ship and dragged his hand along side it's hull, " Hell, I might've mapped your planet's and not even known it. I don't usually stop for a visit until I'm completely out of food and fuel." He pulled open a hatch on the side of the ship. It had a handle inside it, he turned the handle and a puff of air opened up next to him, the side door to the Scribe was now open.

masonwolf

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 05:00:52 pm »
"Would a Ambassador be hunted down by her former government for sticking to the ancient traditions of her people? I rather keep my rifle on my at all times." she seemed to have gotten a little mad about his question but she took a deep breath. he just as curious as her, she crossed her arms and watched the human head back to his ship, then he asked if she wanted to help. She smiled at the question seeing this as a way to show how strong a Wolfen soldier could be. "Well, our planets are pretty far from this system... I'll show you my star maps once We set up the solar panels." she walked along side the hull and noticed a few dents in the armor and her OCD kicked in and her tattoos glowed as she put her hand on the dent and pulled it away morphing the metal back to it's unbent state before following Tarquin in as soon as he did.

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 09:41:11 pm »
Tarquin made note of the sound of metal unbending as he entered the Scribe. He didn't know what to expect form the Wolfen. So it was best he learned as much as possible, what if he happened upon their planets; or already have? He wouldn't want to get caught up in something that he couldn't handle or avoid.

The inside of the ship seemed virtually untouched by the crashed, nothing had fall from the walls because there was nothing to fall. The ship had basically no decoration. The walls were a gray sheen and the floor had a thin red carpet on it. It all looks like it was not touched by many if anybody in awhile. The entire ship had a chill to it, it probably wasn't more than 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Treads could be seen where high traffic areas were. This consisted of the kitchen, the pilot's room, and another two rooms. "I was never really one for decorations, they always got messy, but that's just me."

They started walking past the carpeted area into an area that had metal grating for flooring. They came up to a door with yellow bars painted on it diagonally. A small keypad was next to it, Tarquin punched in a few numbers and viola, the door creaked open. The air was stale inside, it didn't seem like he went in here that often. Inside were two large metal crates, they looked about 5 meters by 5 meters. A large door plasters the wall to their left, presumably it went back outside.  One of the crates was labeled "Panels/Energy" and the other was labeled "Trade".

Tarquin inhaled deeply, "Yep, I got these solar panels for a steal back on Teinar. They aren't too big, but they will get the job done. I only got 5 of them, so we'll have to be careful with set up." He walked over to the large door and pulled down a lever and turned a key on the wall next to it. The big door creaked as the hydraulics and gears hadn't been used in awhile. The heat from outside crept in as the door opened. He turned to Lissa, "Okay, now we can get started."

masonwolf

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 04:49:10 pm »
She looked around the ship seeing it's systems and other electronics were just like her's but looked old compared to it all being on one computer for her ship. she followed him into the back where the crates were and looked at the "Trade" crate then outside when the door opened. she remembered her town using Solar panels for basic power source and helped set them up before her Exile. She opened up the crate to see the familiar model of mobile solar arrays she's used to. "This stuff you have is quite primitive on Santoria." Her earpiece beeped a few times which caused her to put her fingers to her ear and press the call button. "What's up?"

<Command has Denied your call and the fleet's distress beacon has come on... Lissa, should we try to go investigate?>

She seemed to shiver a little bit, she hoped it wasn't what she thought it was "load up all data on the fleets location, I'll try to head out as soon as we help Tarquin and set up a territory beacon here." The AI bleeped in approval and her earpiece went back to the electrical humming she's used to. "It appears I need to find my fleet, their distress beacon is on... you wouldn't happen to have the Feltrion system on your map?"

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 07:39:19 pm »
He lifted up one of the solar panels, "Yeah, they're old, but they are still wonderful for a little craft like mine. I don't often get chances to upgrade my equipment, I'm always out, exploring the depths of space." To hear of her fleet's distress was a little unsettling but still, everybody had problems. Maybe they were running low on fuel too, or something a lot more sinister. It was of no worry to Tarquin though, he just made the maps.

One thing that he wished he had, an AI of some sort. Something to help him out with the maps... and to keep track of fuel and food. They kept pulling the panels out and bringing them down, "Feltrion? I don't know, I don't really name the systems I map, I just map 'em. The Scribe here had one of the biggest galactic maps I had ever seen when we found it. It had a past of smuggling, they needed to get around without using popular routes, so the big map was necessary," He took a pause, "but I don't do anything like that. I just keep adding to the map. It really is something else."

with the news of Lissa's fleeting having trouble he picked up the pace a little. He body was still as strong as ever, he kept it that way just in case an encounter like this would've turned out the other way. The solar panels were set up in a short hour or so, they were plugged into the main battery of the ship. Tarquin stretched his back by interlocking his fingers and stretching his arms towards the sky, palms up. The sun was still on it's ascent into the sky, so he'd have power in no time. He turned to Lissa with a grin, "Now you get to see the map."

The two started back into the ship, past the high traffic areas only to stop at the pilots room. The door opened with a quiet sliding noise. The pilots room had an egg-like shape, with the bottom of the egg being where the entrance is. In the center of the larger area was a platform and a small stand that had three sets of gloves and goggles on it. Tarquin started into the room, "Ah.. my favorite room. Because this is where the most beautiful of sights of seen." He walked up to the stand and slipped the gloves on. They looked a lot more advanced then the ship itself. They were grey with black tubes running down from the wrist to each finger tip. Each finger tip had a different color on it: the index had blue, middle was red, ring was yellow, pinky green, and the thumb had orange. This pattern was replicated on each glove. He put the goggle on, the goggles were huge, many black cords were running around them, intertwining and merging. He handed some goggles to Lissa, "you're gonna need these to see it."

Tarquin stepped on the platform, it lit up and a whirring sound could be faintly heard. A flash of light that would normally blind most appeared. When the flash faded millions of little dots could be seen about the room, they were in motion, each and every one. The map was centered at the origin system, Earth's solar system. Every dot was no bigger than a pin needle and they had leagues in between each dot. All of the dots were stars that Tarquin had mapped, they were all moving in real time. He looked at Lissa, "Beautiful isn't it? I have mapped each and every planet, taking down the details and creating replicas of each system. He lifted his index finger and tapped on a dot that had a little green arrow flashing over it, the dot expanded to the red planet, Edanith. He pointed at a green circle on the planet's surface, "This is where we are currently." The detail on the planet was so accurate that it seemed that only few scanners would be able to match it.

He used his middle finger and tapped on the planet, and it quickly shrunk back down to a pin-sized dot, "Do you have any sort of features that can help me with locating your system if I do have it mapped?"

masonwolf

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 04:42:29 pm »
She was amazed by the starmap he had worked on, the took the goggles off afterwards and looked at him " If you want, I can show you my Starmap, it has my planet at several other systems in it." she said heading for the door. "besides, I have to place a territory marker for my drones to protect." she waited for Tarquin before exiting his ship which was rather small for her tastes and walked to the lake looking past it to see something by her buggy, she got into a crouch and pulled out some binoculars and watched a few outlaws going through her stuff and pulled her spare bra out of the glove-box "They are so dead."

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 02:47:15 pm »
He was crouching next to her, his eyes were very familiar with those specks off in the distance, "four, armed, but relaxed. He sneaked out a laugh as the bandits rifle through her clothing, "You have good taste." He braced himself for a smack from that comment. He then pulled his knife from it's sheath and started to slink into the lake, "I'm moving out, I want to see this map of yours." The water shed small ripples as his person disappeared into it. He kept just under the water's surface as he advanced.

The outlaw's voices could be heard as muffles to him as he drew near. One was taking a piss off a rock, he was alone. Tarquin just needed something to distract him, then he'd be easy prey.

masonwolf

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 05:10:29 pm »
"I'll let he comment slide this time." She said before breaking away and running on all fours through the forest around the lake and behind some brush, once the closest outlaw turned around she leaped from her position and tackled him to the ground with a gruesome snapping sound as his spine and ribs collapsed under her weight. the other two turned around to find their friend dead under the massive Wolf alien and aimed their guns at her and fired a few shots, they weren't the best but one bullet grazed her left pauldron before she sprinted forward and picked one of them up and put her handgun to his head using him as a human shield. "Put your gun down or you'll end up like your friend there." the ordered referring to the first guy, the smell of the blood from the body was triggering her inner beast which she didn't want but she held it back for now.

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 02:04:10 pm »
The guy that was taking a piss quickly zipped up his pants and turned to face Lissa with his gun level. It was a standoff of sorts, a perfect opportunity for Tarquin to make his move. He silently emerged from the water, with a quicky thrust his stabbed his knife into the neck of the bandit. That swipe alone almost severed the man's head, he pulled hte knife from his throat and blood gushed forth. The man dropped his gun and grabbed his neck, trying to stop the bleeding to no avail. Tarquin kick the man in the back of the head, this severed whatever spine the man had left and he fell limp.

The fourth man turned his focus to Tarquin, "What the fuck?! Two?!" He spun his rifle to face Tarquin and fired at him. 1 shot could only be fired as Tarquin threw his knife at the bandit and lodged itself in his chest, essentially cutting his heart in two. The shot he fired didn't even come close to hitting Tarquin, it trailed off into the distance and disappeared.

Tarquin quickly retrieved his knife from the man's chest, a sick squishing sound accompanied the removal. As he did this he started talking, "You gonna off that guy or what?" His tone of voice had changed completely from before, it was now hard, stoic, and dead.

masonwolf

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 04:06:50 pm »
"I don't know. I could make him my little pet." She chuckled holding him tightly and used her spare hand to reach into her side pouch on her leg and pulled out a syringe full of liquid and injected him with it before letting him go. "Go! Before we kill you like your friends!" the outlaw took off running leaving his gun and items he stole from her. she picked up his rifle and looked at the design of the primitive technology compared to her race's weaponry. " I would've eaten him but I didn't because he was also human and such a sight is not good for you or any human." At least she cared for the human she just met.

She put the rifle down and went over to each individual body and put them faced up and their arms crossed around their weapons before getting into her buggy and press the ignition button which turned on the hydrogen powered engine. "Hop in, my ship is at the edge of this oasis."

Offline Namrul Reil

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 07:09:42 pm »
He climbed into the buggy beside her. He leaned back into the seat, "I've seen plenty of of worse sights," he sighed, "but now I search for the beautiful, it is much more rewarding." His tone became warm again, the way he liked it. A question did pop up in Tarquin's mind, "What'd you inject him with? Some sort of parasite or virus?" He hadn't seen anybody use biological warfare in awhile, or any warfare really. He rarely sees anybody whatsoever.

While listening to her answers his internal monologue was rolled just as fast as the buggy. He knew he didn't have to get involved with any wars right now, he just makes the map, the most beautiful of sights. He just needs to get any new data possibly and go. Although he was slightly reassured that his skills had not diminished at all, but maybe he'd need to step up his training a little, his aim felt a little off when throwing his knife.

In the middle of his internal ramblings they reached her ship, and was that a sight to see.

masonwolf

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 04:11:26 pm »
The buggy drove off with the two in it, she listened closely to him "Beauty is hard to find in around my home but there is a nice aurora that shines on the surface of Santoria during the full moon." she said before turning the wheel to follow the game trail she used earlier to get to the lake. when he asked her about the syringe she laughed a bit at what she would usually say in her own language "I made him my pet, he'll lead me straight to his friends... Some of the houses love to have captured criminals be slaves until they are done with their time." she explained before arriving at the one-man frigate. she pressed a button on the dashboard of the buggy and the elevator for cargo came down allowing her to drive on and take them into the belly of the ship.

Inside the cargo bay was filled with boxes of food and goods for trade like Wolfen medicines and weapons. she guided him through some doors, a hallway and into the bridge where a small AI looking like a human but it wasn't human due to a tail and two feline ears popping out of her hair. "Hello Lissa, I have received word that the fleet was attacked but survivors are heading our way as we speak."

"give me the full report later, show me the starmap." The AI nodded and she was replaced with a holographic diagram of the Galaxy (Picture by me). she stepped aside for Tarquin to see "This is everything we have mapped a year after the Solar moon war." she looked at the current location and noticed the three question marks and brought up a keyboard "What is this system called?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal