Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Into the darkness (open!)  (Read 1662 times)

Catastrophe

Into the darkness (open!)
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:47:05 pm »
Catastrophe awoke, and lay for several minutes staring up at the ceiling of her cubicle.  Unlike most citizens of Teinar she lived alone, having no extended family.  Her place was in essence a closet, the floor space measuring 7 feet wide and 6 feet deep, but the ceilings were pretty high which for some reason she liked.  A single light bulb ornamented the ceiling, but that was for visitors which she never had, and so now the room was swathed in nourishing darkness.

At length, Catastrophe sat up and kicked off her blanket.  She slept nude, and before she dressed she wetted a towel and scrubbed herself off with it.  Her skin exuded the faint scent of lavender, but she was unable to eliminate it with the towel and so in the end she just put her clothes on, and oufit of black leather shot through with composite fibers that afforded her some protection: today she would go hunting.  From her small battered wardrobe she selected her weapons; a compound blow and quiver of arrows and a light sword designed for stabbing.
Catastrophe was an excellent shot with the bow but was not especially strong and so was forced to use a weapon with a rather light draw weight.  With a sharp enough arrow this usually did not prove problematic, but sometimes the creature would be armored with unusually tough skin, and then the sword came in handy.  lastly she put on her pack, which contained a few rations and two traps she intended to set.  A hunting axe was strapped to the back, useful for skinning and dismembering her prey.

Stooping to retieve a plate laden with somewhat moldy meat, Catastrophe left her room, biting off hunks of meat with her sharp teeth.  She lived near the edge of town and soon past out into the frontier area and into the Motorrail arena, where she sat down to watch the race that was currently in progress while she finished her meal.

Nomad

Re: Into the darkness (open!)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:02:24 pm »
With a grumble Kayliq rolled over in bed, the cover bunched up around him not covering most of his nude body. Opening his eyes he gazed at the wall for a moment before shutting his eyes again, " Just a bit longer. " he murmured lightly to himself before rolling over again, resting on his side. Though he sought to achieve more sleep, deep down he knew he would not be able to, not because he could not fall back asleep no he was capable of doing that, but because it was up to him to fulfill his duties something he could not deny. Again he shifts and rolls onto his back before bringing a hand up to rest on his head over his eyes " No such luck. " he says to himself with a sigh. Finally he sat up in bed and shifted so his feet fell over the edge to rest on the floor. Sitting up on the edge of his bed he looked to his schedule, " What is it today. " he says to himself as he scans over his schedule.

Setting his gaze upon the day he seen that today he had to go out and do hunting before he could move on with his day. " Hunting... yay. " he says with a grumble  as he pulls himself out of bed and stands, stretching his arms and back, " Mmmmm ". After taking a moment to stretch Kay bends over and grabs a pair of worn and tattered pants from his floor before he begins to put them on. Once he had his pants on he grabs a long sleeved shirt and puts it on as well before falling back to sit on his bed and slip his boots on. " With any luck today will be a good day. " Kay says to himself with a nod as he brings a hand up and scratches his head. He took a brief moment to scratch his head and run his hand through his hair, pushing it back, before he let his hand fall to his side as he stood again.

Raising to his feet again he takes a moment to finish getting dressed by putting a jacket on followed by the pack he wore when he had to go out of the city. Having finished getting dressed he reaches over and picks up the sheathed kukri resting next to his bed and slips the sheath into his belt followed by the sheathed dagger that went into his boot. After slipping the dagger into his boot he made his way to the door of his room, grabbing the crossbow and bolts next to his door before he exited his room. Before he leaves his house he grabs some dried meat and begins to nibble on it as he takes his leave. His mother and sister where out already leaving him alone in the house. With a bit of dried meant sticking out of his mouth Kay makes his way down the street, heading to the area where the people meet up for hunting parties.

Catastrophe

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:00:10 pm »
Despite her inclinations, Catastrophe had learned fairly quickly that it was best not to hunt alone.  She winced at the thought of the lights that humans used underground, broadcasting their presence for all to see, but then again most of the creatures you met underground had some way of dealing with darkness anyway, seeing through it or using sonar like bats.  It's not the like the darkness hid you. 

As she watched the hover bikes careen around the course, Catastrophe noticed a man with a crossbow enter the arena.  A hunter or a serial killer she thoughtEveryone else would leave the crossbow at home.    Either way, someone interesting.

She approached him directly and performed an elaborate gesture of greeting of her own creation, bending sharply at the waist and sweeping her hands dramatically.

"Hello and so on," she said.  "I take it you're going out?  We'd best go together so that when the monsters come at us from front and back we can shoot in all directions."

She gave the man a chance to speak before continuing.  You never knew how a man with a crossbow would react to a green girl with fangs.

Nomad

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 09:12:08 pm »
While enjoying what was pretty much his breakfast, Kay watched the hover bike racing while he passed some time. Out of the corner of his eye he took notice of a girl approaching him, though at first he figured she would simply walk past him and be on her way. However that was not the case as she comes to a stop and begins to bow before him and extend her arms out in some strange gesture that confused him somewhat.

Keeping his gaze on her he took another bite of the dried meat, listening to her as she began to speak to him, greeting him before getting to the subject of hunting. Looking at her he shifts his gaze over her form for a moment before he brings his gaze to her face, an eyebrow raising faintly as he really notices her appearance, the color of her skin as well as her fangs.

" Mhmm, " He murmured for a brief moment while looking at her before he began to speak before swallowing the last bit of food in his mouth, " Indeed " he added with a nod, glad that he had already found someone to go hunting with and someone that wasn't a bad looker if you can get past the fangs and green skin. " Guess this saves me having to find someone else. " He says, a slight smile taking form on his face as he looks at her.

Catastrophe

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 11:09:41 am »
"Yes," the girl replied, scanning over the surrounding crowds with her dark gaze.  "The picking are actually quite slim at the moment for hunting companions and you're rather stuck with me.  Can you believe it?  It seems that few want to rush out into the pitch black tunnels to fight with horrid and various fiends from the bowels of the earth for very little pay!  I don't think I'll ever figure people out.  My name is Catastrophe Trynket by the way, although I have in my time responded to 'Cat' or 'Trophe' or even 'Yo, green bitch.'  Shall we go?"

If Kay was willing she would lead the way towards the border and past the guard post that marked the edge of what civilization Teinar controlled.  Flood lights blasted their lights into the darkness of the tunnel beyond, but after fifty yards or so the the passage, which at this point was quite wide at about ten yards or so, turned to the right, beyond which would be the impenetrable black of the underearth.

"I have explored this way before," Catastrophe said conversationally.  "If we go up in this direction and through a series of left turns we come to a hole in the passage which leads down into a wider cavern that holds a standing pool of water.  I believe that creatures will come to drink from this pool, since all things crave water.   This perhaps would be a good place to start."

Nomad

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 03:55:42 pm »
Turning his gaze from her for a brief moment he glances around. He had not given thought to looking for someone else to go with but then again their were not a lot of choices to pick from and she had came up to him first which made his life easier. Listening to her as she continues to speak though made the idea of going out and hunting for food less appealing as she brought up the fact they where going into the darkness to hunt beasts that wanted to turn them into food. Though it did not sound as appealing to the male as it held a great deal of danger he knew that it had to be done in order for everyone else to survive they needed food. " Hehe, when you put it that way it does not sound that appealing. " he murmurs lightly.

" Cat. " he murmurs while looking at her, " It's nice to meet you I am Kayliq Drev, but you can call me Kay and I shall call you cat. Lead the way. " He says with a smile. Once she began to move he follows after her, allowing her to lead the way so he could tag along close behind her and get a good look at the rest of her physical features. As they came to the border he gave a faint nod to the guards before turning his full attention back to Cat leading the way. Gazing ahead past her he looked at the area the flood lights light up, keeping the way light for everyone to see though he knew at some point the light was going to no longer be guiding the way and he would be left to his own devices for light. With the light provided to them inevitably coming to an end Kayliq takes a brief moment to turn one of his lights on so he would be able to see.

Looking back to her as she speaks again he listens to her. Listening to her speak he was glad to hear that she knew where they are going because he had not been out this way before though he knew at some point he would be coming out here either for food or something else, going out for things was pretty much all his life consisted of. " I see. " he says with a nod " With any luck we can find some thing to bring back there. And, fingers crossed, we won't run into any trouble or not a lot, " he added as he turned his gaze from her and glanced around, already he held his crossbow at the read. Though he did not speak of it, secretly he had a fear of the darkness and what lurks within it.

Catastrophe

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 09:52:34 pm »
As the two approached the darkness ahead, Catastrophe stopped a moment, listening carefully for sounds.  Cave complexes were odd in that they were generally easy to walk through quietly, what with being made of stone and all, but at the same time any noise one did make tended to travel along the stone rather than entering it, and because of this could carry for an unusually far distance.  In this case, no sounds were apparent, and the two continued on.

"One thing you should know about me," Catastrophe said quietly, "is that I am a goblin.  This means that my nose is an appendage useful for more than keeping glasses on my face or whatever you humans use yours for.  It is my habit to track prey by smell.  Perhaps this will aid us."

The way to the location Catastrophe had bespoken was not far, about half a mile or so, although the passages wandered about a great deal.  Catastrophe had little fear of becoming lost; goblins were built to live in caves and this place was very like the cave in which she had been born. 

At last the hunters came to a small chamber with a cracked gap in the floor.  The hole was not large, and it would be a moderately tight squeeze for Kay, but there would be no real danger of him getting stuck.  Catastrophe put her head into the dark hole and looked about, then came back with a finger to her lips.

"There is something drinking at the water hole, sort of a low six-legged cow affair" she whispered.  "Are you a good shot with your crossbow?"

Nomad

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »
Shifting his light he keeps a close eye on the area around him as well as trying to keep his fear in check so it would not take hold of him and make him mess up. Looking head he noticed Cat had stopped which causes him to come to a stop as well, still behind her though he watched her wondering why she had come to a stop. Did she see something? Was there danger near by? Upon hearing her voice he turns his attention to her, listening to what she had to say. She was a goblin, well that explained her skin and fangs. Though he was not picky about girls especially if they looked good which she did. A goblin girl seemed just as good as a human girl and based upon what she was saying she had an added bonus.

" I see.. Neat'o " He says with a light smile. He followed after her almost like a lost puppy follows someone around. His gaze shifting to her from time to time as he looked around. As they come into a small chamber, he shifts his gaze using his light to look around for a moment before looking to the gap in the floor. Looking at the gap he wasn't sure about it, he did not want to fall into it, however he notices Cat move to it and put her head into it like it was nothing. She was crazy for putting her head into the hole, or at least he thought she was. What if something was on the other side ready to take a bite, a nice goblin snack. That would have been bad.

With his gaze still on her he takes note of the finger over her lips, an easy sign that meant to stay quite. It seems they where in luck as something was drinking, which was good news as it made their jobs much easier. When she mentions his crossbow he turns his gaze from her and glances to it for a moment " Erm, well. I am alright with it.. Best at closer ranges. " he says with a faint nod, keeping the tone of his voice down to a whisper for her.

All of a sudden the rock around them begins to shudder violently with tremors. As the rock around them begins to shudder it also begins to crack and give way, rock falling from the ceiling and down around them. Along with causing rock to fall the shuddering also tore at the gap in the floor, some of the rock falling from the ceiling had fallen to block the way they had came through.

Catastrophe

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 11:47:29 am »
Catastrophe was not usually one for slipping and falling, being as it was that she had the knack of gripping onto sheer and otherwise slippery surfaces, but when the floor gave way holding to it did not good, and so the pair of hunters were cast down into the dark cavern below.  The plunge through space seemed futher than it actually was, with shock spreading out the milliseconds as it tended to do in such circumstances, and when the impact came it was wet and icy cold.  The two hunters landed with a splash at the edge of the shallow pool or water and found themsleves sitting about two feet deep on the smooth stone floor. 

Catastrophe rolled quickly upon landing, or at least tried to, but the water made what was supposed to be an graceful move more of a prolonged floundering.  One way or another though she managed to avoid the worst of the stone that continued for a few seconds to rain down from above. 

The creature she had seen previously bolted, heading away from the scene of destruction, and swearing like a sailor Catastrophe stood and shot it with her bow, bringing from it a basso profundo bellow of rage before it disappeared down a tunnel.  Later she would wonder why she'd bothered to shoot it at a time like that, but at the moment it had seemed like a good idea.  One never liked to be trapped in a cave with an unknown creature, and she had shot before she bothered to notice that it was already leaving.

Having fired, she put her bow down and went find Kay.

"Are you crushed are whole?" she said.  "Where did  you get to?"

Nomad

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »
Though at first when he joined Cat on this hunt he was not sure how it would go, he had to say that he was enjoying it thus far, spending time with a pretty girl, all be it she was a goblin, and searching for food for the city. That was, until the ground around them began to shake violently which quickly started to change the way he was feeling about the whole situation. Unable to try and find safety as he was petrified with fear, which he did not like since it kept him from doing anything to aid Cat should she need it. As he fell through the darkness he let out a cried out, yelling for most of the fall until he hit the water below them. As soon as he made contact with the water the light that helped him see shorted out from the water.

In the darkness he began to flail around in the water as panic and fear gripped him causing him to quickly scurry through the water unsure which direction to go since he had lost track of Cat. Perhaps by blind luck he managed to evade the falling rocks as they fell around him, the sound of splashing and the fact that he had falling rocks coming down did nothing but scare him even more as he moved through the water. He was unsure about the condition of Cat, having lost track of her in all the commotion and unable to see anything his fear took hold of him.

Hearing her voice, Kay turns his head as if searching for her " ...H-Here " he says, the sound of fear apparent in his voice. He could no longer hide his fear as it was now all around him. After speaking he continues to turn his gaze as he searches for her, holding a hand out as he feels in the darkness trying to find something other then rock and water.

Catastrophe

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 10:35:11 pm »
Catastrophe peered around the pile of rocks at the sound of Kay's voice and saw him there, crouched down, one hand extended.  What is he looking at? she wondered, then realized that he couldn't see without light.  This was something she knew about humans but since it was so natural to see in the darkness the knowledge didn't come instinctively to her.  She reached down and took hold of his hand to help him to his feet.

"The good news, I suppose, is that we weren't smashed to a thick pasty material, which all in all is something of a triumph given all these large stones that came whamming down.  The less good news is that there's a huge piece of cavern lying across the hole we came down through.  Unless you can lift a few tons we're going to need to find another way back.  I shot that creature but it ran off, although I did hit it so perhaps it will die and we can eat.  Oh yes, and your light's out."

Catastrophe took her pack off and opened a small pocket on the back in which she kept a few sundries, and found a lighter, from which she struck a small flame.

"I'm afraid I don't carry lights, I can see in the dark. I only brought this along in case I should need to set fire to something.  I hope you have a back up light or can fix your other one cuz this is only going to last you a couple of minutes."

She handed him the lighter so he could control the tiny flame on his own.

Nomad

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 10:52:12 pm »
He knew she was alive which was a good thing, it meant he was not stuck in the dark alone. When he felt her hand make contact with his a wave of relief rushed over him as he took hold of her hand and rose to his feet with her aid. Keeping a hold of her hand he looked towards her, or at least the direction of her voice as she began to speak. Listening to her speak he was relived that was good news however he knew their was bad news that went along with the good, their always seemed to be some form of bad news that went along with the good.

For the moment he remained silent and listened as she explained that the hole they fell through was blocked off which meant they could not try and go back through it but rather had to go further in search of a way home. This was turning out to not be the best of hunting trips even though it had a good beginning. " I see, " He murmurs lightly to what she had to say, his brain working through all that she had told him.

Though he had found her and made contact he was still afraid and tried not to show any signs that he was afraid. As she informs him that she does not carry any lights he lets out a soft sigh. With out any light he would have to keep a hold of her as she lead the way which was no good should they come under attack. At first it did not sound good however as he listened to her he realized that he did pack extra lights incase he had one die on him. Taking the lighter from him he strikes it and finally gets a look at her " I think I have a spare in my pack. "

Pulling his pack off he sets it on the ground as he kneels beside it and slips his arm into it before he begins to fish around. " Ahah! " he exclaims after a moment of fishing. Pulling his arm from his pack he pulls up a light attached to a band that is worn on the head " This should do. " He says with a nod, taking a moment to turn the light on before closing the lighter and offering it back to Cat with a smile as he looks at her " Thank you. ". Once she had taken the lighter he puts the head lamp on, adjusting it so it shined in front of him " So, we are stuck down here.. Well this just sucks. "

Catastrophe

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 10:36:24 pm »
As Kay rummaged for his secondary light, Cat took his wet one briskly apart, shaking off the wetness.

"Might as well keep this one and let it dry out, just in case.  If nothing else the battery is probably OK, and you might need it if we're down here a while."

Her brows knit at Kay's words.  He seemed despondent, which she supposed was the sort of thing that a person of a surface race might feel from time to time when trapped below the earth.  Goblins were naturally subterranean creatures and for her the only troubling aspect of their current situation was the large numbers of underground creatures drawn near the city of Teinar for hostile purposes, which now that she thought of it was worthy of some concern.

"Wellllll..." she drawled.  "We don't super know if we're stuck yet.  We just need to go back in a new way.  Perhaps we'll find a big hunk of gold or something like that.  Humans like gold, don't they?"

Several caverns left the larger one they were in, and Catastrophe made a quick survey, sniffing each of the openings in turn.

"So..." she said, "We should go in one of these directions.  My injured creature went in this direction so we might follow it.  This cavern also offers an interesting choicel; Troglodytes have been using it recently.  Since they've been giving Teinar trouble of late it is likely that there's a way back through their territory, but on the other hand there will be Trogs aplenty, or my nose is missing its guess.  What sayeth though, intrepid warrior?"

Nomad

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 10:57:21 pm »
Once he had the light adjusted he turned his gaze back to Cat as she speaks up again. For a moment he had forgotten his other light though he would have to check and make sure it still worked, which he was not completely sure it would work. Looking at her he gives a faint nod to what she had to say. If the light did no longer work he could at least keep the battery and use it for another light or something else. Taking the light and battery he slipped them into his pack before he lifts it from the ground and puts it back on as he raises to his feet.

Turning his gaze from her he glances back to the water for a moment as she begins to speak again. He hoped they where not stuck down here, it would suck though he would be stuck down here with her. Nodding to what she has to say he turns his attention back to her. She was right they needed to find a new way back to the city. Listening to her the comment about gold brought confusion to Kay at first though he sees what she was speaking of. It would be nice to find something good to take back like some gold.

As she brings up the directions they can take he turns his attention from her and looks to a few of the caverns they could take. They had a few options to choose from which made his job all the more hard. Looking to the direction in which the creature she had shot went he wonders if they should go that way after it, though they could run into a predator that had gotten to the creature first. As she made mention of Troglodytes he frowned at the thought.

He hoped they would not run into any threat but he knew that was likely not going to happen. Many things liked to lurk in the dark and pray upon unsuspecting victims. Turning his gaze back to her as she addresses him, " Ehh, " He murmurs lightly as he looks at her giving through to what she had said, " I guess we have no choice. Though I'm not sure which way to go. " He adds with a faint nod as he looks between a few of the caverns they could take. " Either way we go their is a chance we will run into some form of trouble. So let's just go the way your critter went? " He asks as he looks back to her, smiling as he looks at her.

Catastrophe

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 10:49:29 pm »
Catastrophe frowned momentarily at Kay before rebounding to her more normal mood.  The man did seem quite down.  How did one jolly up a human again?  Balloons? Musicals?  Sexual favors?  No doubt she would figure it out as she went along.

"Door number 3 it is," she said, doing a quick dance move and heading in that direction. 

"You really don't need to take things too hard," she said.  "These are the interesting bits of life.  Nothing like being lost in a tunnel full of wicked creatures to get the creative juices going and what have you."

The passage the two hunters had chosen slanted ever so slightly downwards, and a thin trail of blood marked the passage of the thing Cat had shot.  The passage was fairly straight but turned ever so slightly to the right.  After a half mile or so, Kay's light caught something pallid and moving up ahead, and large eyes cast back a lambent gleam.  The creatures stood a good 50 yards ahead of them, and as the two hunters peered into the dark they could make out the shape of several troglodytes, waxy white humanoid creatures with bald heads and hands as big as dinner plates.  They surrounded the fallen creature that Cat had shot and were in the process of cutting up the carcass.  Their oversized red eyes.  turned as one to glare into the light, and as one they began to bring out their weapons.

Nomad

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 08:09:34 am »
With his answer he watches Cat as she performs some strange dance which caused him to raise an eye brow as he followed after her. She seemed like a strange one though she was not human so he was not sure what was strange or normal for her, all he had to go on was what he thought was strange. Following after her he slowly shifts his gaze, glancing from side to side as he scans the area, listening as she speaks. For a moment he glanced back to her as she spoke of there situation, making light of it in what he thought was an attempt to cheer him up. " True, " he says with a nod as he turns his attention back ahead of them " And the company of a nice pretty girl is always a bonus. " He adds before quickly falling into silence after realizing what he had just said.

Having fallen silent for the moment he went deeper into the passage, noticing the blood that was on the ground indicating that they are going the right way, or at least the way something injured had went. As he moves through the passage he shifts his light from side to side so he could see the path before them. It wasn't until his light caught something that was not rock that he came to a stop. Having come to a stop he looks at the palled figure moving ahead of them, whatever it was looked back at them which startled him slightly.

Gazing ahead he begins to notice more of the figures that he quickly realizes are the creatures Cat had spoke of before, troglodytes. It seemed they had gotten to the creature Cat had shot and where turning it into their dinner. Which would have been a good thing if trogs had not noticed them, they could have made an easy escape. With the trogs having taken notice of them, he knew their was only a hand full of options for him and Cat, stay and fight or try and make an escape being the two that came to his mind quickly, though he was not sure which to do. With the trogs drawing there weapons, seeming to get ready for a fight, Kay does the same and brings his crossbow up, pressing the butt of the weapon against his shoulder " W-what are we going to do Cat? " He asks, glancing to Cat for a brief moment.

Catastrophe

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 08:10:08 pm »
OOC: Sorry about the delay.  Christmas and kids combine to get to you.

Catastrophe said a quiet goblin swearword under her breath, having to do with dropping toast and having it go jelly side down on the new carpet.  She gave Kay a quick sidelong glance, only distracting herself from the troglodytes for a second. 

"Do?"

She knocked an arrow to her bow, drew and fired.  Unfortunately the low ceiling impeded her and her arrow came in low, skidding briefly along the ground before impaling itself in the foot of the nearest troglodyte.  The thing let out an unearthly wailing moan, clutching at it's damaged appendage.

"Shoot them!" Cat yelled.  "Unless you favor a game of chase through dark tunnels where you can't see what's going on behind you."

The Trogs raised weapons to their shoulders, pneumatic spear guns, and one fired.  There was a whining noise and the spear caught Catastrophe a grazing blow, the point skidding off her armor.

Catastrophe lost no time in leaping to the side of the cavern, lying prone behind a small pile of stones.  The troglodytes began to run towards them, weapons at the ready.

Nomad

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 10:24:41 pm »
OOC: Its fine, I understand how that is.

Looking from Cat, Kay looked back to the trogs as he wondered what to do, though his answers came quickly as he heard Cat speak up moments before she let loose an arrow at one of the trogs. For a moment he stood there, watching as the arrow struck the trog in the foot, which was probably not her intended target.

With Cat's yelling he brought the crossbow up, pressing the stock of the weapon firmly into his shoulder as he preparers to fire. However before he can fire at one of the trogs, they raised weapons of their own and took aim at him and Cat before firing. Thinking that the shot was at him, he quickly shifted to the side, for a moment, letting the crossbow drop from his shoulder as he evades the incoming fire.

After the trog had fired Key steps back out, bringing the crossbow up and taking aim at one of the advancing trogs. Taking aim for the trog's chest he gives the trigger a squeeze, launching the bolt with the force of the bow at the trog he had been aiming at. After firing the shot, he holds his ground to watch the bolt as it fly's through the air and hits the trog in the chest forcing the creature down.

With the first shot, Kay knew he had to take time to reload, though he was not sure if he should take a moment to reload his crossbow or draw his weapon and get ready to fight hand to hand.

Catastrophe

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 12:47:45 pm »
Holding her weapon flat Catastrophe loaded and fired her bow, hitting one of the advancing
Troglodytes in the throat.  It gurgled and went down in a sodden heap.  With it's greater powers Kay's crossbow bolt flew with a flatter trajectory and caught a trog in the chest;-it immediately fell and began to thrash about on the by floor.

Things were looking good for the two hunters when a second party of troglodytes arrived down the corridor behind them- four large buttes with the pale waxy skin of their kind.

"Behind us!" Cat called

She rolled to her knees and shot one in the face from Close range, then jumped into a low crouch, drawing her sword.

Nomad

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 05:43:57 pm »
Hearing the call from Cat he looks behind them, seeing the four large trogs that are coming up behind them, which did not seem like a good thing sine they had yet to finish off the ones in front of them. " Crap crap crap. " Kay repeated as he began to draw the string of the crossbow back and once he had drawn it back he shakily gets another bolt as he begins to back away from the three new trogs.

Bringing the crossbow up he takes aim at one of the other trogs they had started to fight, not having time to aim properly he simply aims in the direction of the trog before he pulls the trigger, loosing a second bolt in an attempt to bring down another of the trogs.

After the second bolt he drops the crossbow in favor of a close range weapon. Reaching to where he kept his kurki sheathed he takes hold of the hilt of the weapon and draws the curved blade from its sheath " Can we still run? " He asks as he brings the kukri around, holding it in front of him as he stands ready to fight though he knew running would be a good option but he was not sure if it was one that would work.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal