Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Anyone up for attacking a cruiser?  (Read 538 times)

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Anyone up for attacking a cruiser?
« on: August 31, 2013, 04:57:02 pm »
Given that Drake's become more active in the local system, the Human/Draconian Alliance has sent in their newest cruiser to add to the defense of the Rahulik Vari and colonization efforts on Orias. I was thinking, though, that the major powers probably wouldn't like having a ship that heavy suddenly stopping by, so... Anyone feel like sending some ships to mount an assault?
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Nascent

Re: Anyone up for attacking a cruiser?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 06:47:20 pm »
Ooooohhh! This sounds fun! ;D

I don't have a ship to offer to the effort, but I would be interested in getting two of my characters into the mix. Asheroth, assault cyborg of Thanatos Inc, could be hired on by those gunning for the ship. Also, if I'm right in understanding that this Human/Draconian Alliance is tied to Aedolis somehow, as the name would suggest, my Edani spy Hadrian could certainly get into the mix as an infiltrator and saboteur. It's not exactly an armada, but with one providing a distraction and the other pulling some covert maneuvers... well, could be fun times, yes?

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 03:18:08 pm »
They're not (different humans, different galaxy, unless by 'tied to' you mean 'on the verge of putting war with to a vote'), but that doesn't mean Edanith won't want to take a closer look. He'd be up agains some very stiff security, though, even with his power. Speaking of, does his power depend on how the target's brain works? The reason I'm asking is because he'd be dealing with at least three different species (one of which has an entirely different brain structure than humans, and one of which combines theirs and humans'.)?

As for Asheroth, she may not want to go in guns blazing. With Joined Hands isn't exactly slouching on its defenses, and most of the troops on board can act and react much faster than her.

That said, this does sound fun!

While I was rereading Asheroth's information, an idea occured to me: Given that she's attacking a ship with other AI's and electronic warfare equipment, what would happen if she were successfully hacked, or even partially hacked? There'd definitely be multiple attempts made if she were to attack the ship...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:56:31 pm by GIR »
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Nascent

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 07:18:23 pm »
Ah, I see... seems I should've done my research first, then. My bad. xD

Couldn't find much info on the Human/Draconian Alliance, so maybe you could provide a bit of background here? Sorry if I'm just missing the info somehow. ^_^;

Anyways, great questions and feedback! Hmm... I see Hadrian's powers as kind of triggering an involuntary reflex of the psyche, kind of like sneezing (only instead of something tickling your nose it's the mind trying to purge memories of him because his psychic presence is "abrasive", I guess) so to an extent I suppose brain structure could be an impediment to it's use. I haven't really toyed around too much with how his power would/wouldn't work on non-human races, so I imagine it'd be something we'd have to sort out together. After all, you know the two species involved better than I do.

And after reading up on Draconians... yeah, she'd be in a bit of a pickle if she took such a force on. Wasn't expecting the "power level" here to be so high... guess I'll need to work some upgrades into her in future. And as to hacking... good question, not at all sure. She's Thanatos tech and they're notoriously protective of their assets, so there'd probably be some kind of fail-safe built in to fry and/or obliterate her if she were compromised. Of course, I am trying to subtly work in hints that her AI has some serious... issues, so even I'm not entirely sure what result a hacking attempt would have.

It's starting to sound like the only thing my characters are equipped to do against this cruiser is a bit of very light recon. ^_^;; I'll try to come up with something better to throw into the mix; I'm no stranger to space battles, after all. Just need to come up with an angle...

EDIT: Actually... I'm suddenly very curious, what would happen to the two of them, if they were captured? There might be a story angle to be had there.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:25:29 am by Nascent »

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 05:00:23 pm »
Basically, the humans in the Andromeda system spread rapidly after working out the secrets of FTL travel in the form of their warp gate technology, founding hundreds of colonies by terraforming any worlds they came across that weren't 'just right' for human life. The Draconian Empire watched them for a while, then gave them the choice between restricting further expansion to world with little to no indigenous life, or fighting a war they had no hope of winning. Humanity, being arrogant, decided to choose the latter, considering they had hundreds of worlds to the Empire's scant dozen, and millions of ships to the Empire's hundreds. Between the tech difference, faster FTL travel, and superior tactics/experience, the Empire curb stomped the Union. The Alliance was formed as a symbol of the treaty which ended the war after the Union surrendered, rather than face extinction for the sake of their pride. As far as theis system goes, the Empire's looking at Orias as a possible colony world, given its lack of much life. That should serve as background until I get around to fleshing things out a bit more on the wiki.

Sounds like a plan!

Interesting... As to the capture idea, they'd be interrogated (no torture, though. There wouldn't be strong enough justification for it.), and Asheroth would probably be studied, most likely with exploratory disassembly involved. Hadrian would likely be held as a prisoner until the powers that be decided what to do with him.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal