Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Get along little doggies! [Bluuuue!]  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Get along little doggies! [Bluuuue!]
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 01:51:46 pm »
Leaving the shade was painful, for it was several degrees hotter beyond it, but it wasn't so bad now that he had a goal in sight. He followed along after Skylar as the kid lead him to the small settlement--and watched, amused, as the kid picked up a pair of overalls and put them on.

Aha. So that explained his lack of pants! Haha. The kid hadn't been too far from where he'd tackled him. Did this mean...?

Des barked a sudden laugh and slapped the boy on the back while the kid held the door open for him. "Motherfuck, kid. Did I literally scare the fuckin' pants off ya or what?"

Still chuckling, he strode into the little one-room hovel and, with a happy sigh, plopped his butt down onto the cot. Goddamn, that felt amazing. The first soft surface he'd encountered for miles.

"Pretty sweet set-up ya got here, boy," Des said as he took in the room. "Huh. Oh, yeah, while I'm here, ya got any spare clothes? Before I get a fuckin' sand rash on my dick or some shit."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Blue

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 02:17:50 pm »
Another squeak was pushed out of him as, yet again, he was slapped on the back. Ouch…wincing slightly, Skylar graced Des with a rather pouty look.
“…W-When I transform…they slide off…”
He mumbled, before shutting the door in the middle of Des’ next sentence. He didn’t really want to think about the fact he had a large naked man sitting in his house right now. Spare clothes?? He hardly had enough clothes for himself! They definitely were not going to fit!
As he mulled over these thoughts, he went to his makeshift well and uncovered it. With much effort he hauled up the small bucket, untied it, and then endeavored to carry it back inside. Toddling over to Des, he awkwardly held the bucket out to him.
“I-I…don’t think…a-anything will fit you…”
He then blinked, as if remembering something.
“I’ve…um…never gotten a s-sand rash…”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 02:26:48 pm »
Water! Goddamn, he didn't think he'd ever been so happy to see a bucket of water before.

Des practically snatched it from the kid's hands and wasted no time in putting it to his lips and gulping it down. Of course, he drank a wee bit too fast and wound up choking, but hell if that stopped him! As soon as he could breathe again, he went straight back to chugging and only stopped because, deep down, he knew he'd get sick if he drank too much.

He splashed some of what was left onto his face and rubbed at his face and neck to wash off some of the red dust caked onto his skin. Looking at Skylar, he snorted. "Never, eh? Well, I ain't had it on my dick, but I sure's fuck don't wanna have a first time. Too easy to get dry and chaffed out here in the fuckin' heat."

He put some water in his short hair and sighed happily at the coolness. "Well, shit. Ya ain't got no big shirts or nothin'? Do ya at least know where to get any? 'Cause fuck, it's either walk around naked or be a goddamn dog and I can't go to town naked or furry."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Blue

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 02:54:32 pm »
It seemed…his ‘guest’ wasn’t joking when he’d said he was parched. Skylar watched with some amazement as the man guzzled practically the entire bucket’s worth of water. Seemed he’d be getting his own drink later…
He jerked as Des began to use it to wet himself down, large eyes watching the trails of muddy water follow the pull of gravity.
Oh no.
Oh no!
Not on his bed!!

Fidgeting something fierce, he could hardly concentrate on what Des was saying at that point.
“I-I only have…one other set of clothes…um…they’re the same…size as these…”
He was internally panicking now. Skylar was incredibly diligent about scrubbing off before getting into that bed. It was his one and only creature comfort - crawling into a clean bed. He took great pains to keep that simple cot free of dirt and mud.
Taking half a step forward, his hands froze somewhere between himself and Des. He really wanted to tell him to get off the bed before that muck made it all the way down to the sheet, but at the same time he was far too terrified.
“T-Town’s far away…um…”
He was practically thrumming with panic, brow furrowed, and he bit his lip hard.
Gaaaah please get up! Get up get up! Why would you try and wash on someone’s bed?? Nooo…no no no…it’s getting closer!!

Skylar let out a plaintiff whine before a rush of words tumbled out of his mouth.
Pleasegetoffmybed!

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 03:11:30 pm »
Oblivious to Skylar's horror, Des listened to Skylar speak with a look of forced patience. He really wanted him to just spit the words out already and quit his stuttering, but ugh. Patience. Let the kid talk, he had a right to be scared, though it was annoying that he seemed to still believe he was going to murder him messily at any moment.

"Mm. Far away, huh? Fuck," Des muttered, glowering at a point on the floor so he didn't unnerve the kid by glowering at him. He set his elbow on his knee and propped his chin on his palm. "Well, hell, how far away is 'far away'? How many days d'ya think it'd take?"

He dipped his hand into the water again, prepared to splash more onto him. The kid was really looking panicky, and it was starting to unnerve him. "I mean, d'ya think it's somethin' we could--what the fuck, boy!"

He practically jumped to his feet, startled by the whine and the sudden rush of words, and stood there glaring at the boy, water dripping down his body and leaving tracks in his skin, where the red clay washed off to reveal rich, dark skin. "The hell's wrong with ya? Whatcha goin' on about now?!"

Blue

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 03:27:54 pm »
The tension washed out of him as soon as Des got off the bed, making his shoulders visibly sag. Thank goodness…thank goodness…
He let out a heavy sigh of relief, then sidled over to the bed to double check it without having to get too much closer to Des. Satisfied that there was only an auspicious butt-shaped dusting of red clay, rather than a puddle of mud, he finally glanced back up at the hyena-were.
Gulping, he fidgeted slightly.
“…M-My bed…uh…”
Wincing a little, as Des was obviously angry, he pointed at the trails of water moving down Des’ dirt caked body with a shivering finger.
“…the mud…was going to…erm…”

Finally he just jabbed that finger to the corner of the room closest to the bed, where there was a simple, but somewhat ingenious, area to wash off. The floor was slightly indented, and there was a simple three-slot grate in the center. A tiny shelf on the wall was where the bucket of water would usually be set, and under the house he’d been careful to construct it properly so the run off didn’t cause damage.
“I-I’ll get…more water…”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »
What was he even going on about...?

Oh.

What.

Seriously?

Des stared blankly at Skylar, a what, really? expression on his face. He was afraid of a little dirt on his bed? When he was a fucking dog and lived out in the dusty middle of nowhere? With a roll of his eyes, Des stepped further from the bed.

"Oh, well, sorry I was taintin' it with my filth," he said under his breath, and followed where Skylar was pointing to see the indentation.

With a grate in the floor.

Oh.

Glancing back at Skylar, he folded his arms over his chest and shrugged. "Alright, yeah, guess that, uh...makes more sense. Fine, yeah, fetch that water, kid. I wanna get all this shit off me."

Really, he'd only been expecting to clean his face and cool off a little; water was scarce, so a full-on washing wasn't something he'd been anticipating. But if he could get a thorough washing out of this? Fuck yeah.

Blue

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 05:06:37 pm »
Even in human form, Skylar had incredible sharp hearing. Those muttered words didn’t escape him, but he wasn’t sure what to say, so he bit his lip nervously again. Aaah it was so stressful having someone around…even if it really did seem unlikely Des was going to try and hurt him any time soon.
Still, he couldn’t let his guard down.

Unable to do anything other than awkwardly stand there, he finally decided to collect the bucket and scamper back outside to the well. He took an extra minute to get a drink for himself, before bringing in another bucketfull for Des to use. Though even as he set it on the well worn ledge, he glanced back at Des.
All of Des.
Gosh he was big. Would he need two bucket-fulls…?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 11:08:17 pm »
There wasn't much to look at in Skylar's place, so Des mostly paced the room and glanced at what few things there were to look at. Oh, and he made sure to stay away from the kid's bed, since he was so goddamn prickly about that.

When Skylar returned with a bucket of water, Des gave a grunt of acknowledgment and headed for the indentation, where he stood over the grate. Grabbing the bucket, he crouched down and started to splash at himself with it, scrubbing himself as best as he could with his hands. He felt eyes on himself as he worked so he glanced up--and saw that Skylar was staring at him.

With an arched brow, he snorted. "Whatcha lookin' at?"

Blue

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 11:13:41 pm »
Awkward as it may have been, Skylar didn’t really own any spare cloth with which to wash with. It was just water and his hands, but he’d gotten pretty good at it in all honesty.
Des’ question made him literally jump, and he took a cautious step back. It wasn’t even a conscientious thing for him anymore - he was skittish by default these days.
“…Y-You…probably need…a-another bucket…”
He would just wait until Des was done with the first one, since he…well, he only had one. At this point, he didn’t even realize that his staring was probably uncomfortable. He really…had no people skills to speak of. He’d not interacted with anyone in any great amount since his…his family.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 11:48:26 pm »
Des grunted at that and went back to scrubbing, delighting in the cool water on his hot, sun-parched skin. "That's it, huh? That's what all the starin's about? Yeah, I'll probably need another, at this rate."

Lifting the bucket, he upended it over his head to get the parts of him his hands couldn't comfortably reach. Brown water ran down the drain, and though he knew he wouldn't be clean long out here, it was nice to enjoy it while it lasted.

"Ya must have a lotta water here or somethin' if ya can afford to waste so much bathin'."

Blue

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 11:53:15 pm »
Blinking, Skylar couldn’t help the tilt of his head. Why else would he be staring? Well…ok maybe staring wasn’t exactly the most normal thing either. Ah, he didn’t really know what ‘normal’ was in these sorts of situations! He was doing his best here not to burst a blood vessel with as quickly as his heart was beating!

Soon enough that bucket was gone, and he moved nervously to retrieve it - ie shuffling closer to Des awkwardly, and hoping he’d get the hint to hand it over.
“Er…I-I have…a well…uh…I made it, I mean…”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 01:07:43 pm »
Skylar shuffled closer, and Des's eyebrow arched higher. "Yeah? Ya made it, huh? And it ain't gonna dry up? Alright, then," he said, and scratched under an armpit, still staring at Skylar.

Finally, he snorted. "What're ya doin'? Ya wanna bathe with me or somethin'?"

Blue

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 12:36:46 am »
Skylar had considered the well drying up before, of course. That’s why he always spent the most time scouting out a good place for one, and then using his small bit of green magic to keep it clean and good. He had an excellent sense for where the water shelf was and where it was most saturated, and all his wells lasted until he was forced to leave due to…other circumstances.
But that took too many words to explain, so instead he fidgeted as usual, giving a slight shake of his head to let Des know that it wouldn’t dry up, at least not any time soon.

Still shuffling closer, he glanced at the bucket, which was practically between Des’ feet. He wasn’t gonna get that close if he could help it! He was about to nervously ask for it when Des spoke up again, and the large eyed young man just blinked back at him. And looked him over again, head to toe. And then bit his lip as he frowned.
“…t-too big…er…you are, I-I mean…”
He then blinked a few times. Well, also that would be having to be real close to him, and he really didn’t want to do that. But he’d sort of forgotten, because so long ago, they all bathed together. And it was fun! Grooming was wonderful…
Oh, grooming…
He shuddered and looked momentarily struck by both nostalgia and the urge to cry. Aaaaah no, come on, focus here! Shaking his head, heart fluttering painfully, he finally managed to hold out a trembling hand.
“B-Bucket please…”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 12:59:47 am »
A slow, salacious smile spread across Des's lips and he glanced down at himself before looking back to Skylar.

"Why, ain'tcha the little flatterer?" he said with a rough laugh, just to fuck with the guy. "Ain't no one complained it's too much, though." He knew that's probably not what the kid meant, but goddamn, he looked ready to hemorrhage or something. He needed to lighten up already! His nervousness was about ready to make him anxious, and unfortunately, his own anxiety manifested as irritation.

Bending to scoop the bucket up, he held it out to Skylar with a raised eyebrow. "This whatcha been freakin' out over? Here. That make ya feel better? Goddamn, kid. Whatcha think's gonna happen here, huh?"

Blue

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2014, 01:10:45 am »
Skylar blinked, and tilted his head slightly through his nervous haze. The comment had gone right over his head, and it showed very obviously in his somewhat puzzled expression.
There was absolutely no reason or way for Skylar to make the connection between
“We can’t both fit in the bathing corner because you’re too big”
And
“Hoho I’m well endowed thank you for noticing”.

But he’d gotten the bucket back! A small victory! He snatched the dented, beat up thing back and held it to his chest, already walking backward away to retrieve another. Having nearly made his escape, the question made him pause at the door. He swallowed hard, and then quietly opened the door to slip through, but he stopped for a moment. And for once, he spoke without shaking, and while looking right at Des.
“You’ll murder me.”
And then he was back out into the dusty red.
For Skylar, that was the only absolute. Anybody who came here, anybody near him, might turn around and slit his throat. He was positive it could happen because it HAD happened, to his entire family. And now he was too terrified to think differently, because one lapse could mean he would suffer the same fate.

He returned shortly thereafter, another bucket it tow, looking just as nervous as before. And at least now, Des had a slightly better idea of why, though good luck trying to convince the ball of nerves that it wasn’t in fact going to happen.

@Rhi-Rhi

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 01:50:28 am »
...Well, okay, Des could get that.

After all, he was a large, naked, brute of a man, and he had sort of tackled the kid as a hyena, and demanded to be taken to the kid's home. There wasn't really a part of him that didn't scream predator!, from the way he looked to the confident, purposeful way he moved. And if he wanted to hurt Skylar? It wouldn't take much, and there wouldn't be a thing the poor guy could do to fend against him. Des was a large man, and he had taken plenty of men far larger than even. Like a hyena, he was built for power.

So, it was a valid fear.

Now he just had to figure out a way to put that fear at ease, before the kid burst a vessel. Besides, he didn't like being looked at like that, like the monster he was trying not to be.

Skylar returned, and Des reached out to take the second bucket. "I can't hardly blame ya fer thinkin' I might kill ya," he said, and this time he took his time, dipping into the water and cleaning himself instead of dumping the water over himself. This time, he wanted to make it last. "I know what this looks like. And I'm bigger than ya. Wouldn't take much. But I'm tellin' ya, kid, if I wanted to hurt ya, I would've done it a long time ago."

He splashed water over his face and short hair. "All I want right now is to get clean, get some food and water, and not...die in this godsforsaken heat. And, y'know, I ain't gonna complain 'bout a little company, either." Looking up, he gave a little shrug. "What can I say? I'm a pack animal, heh. Humans like company, and so do dogs or whatever. Hyenas. Dogs. Same difference. Anyway, that's like a double whammy right there. What I'm sayin', kid, is maybe I've been lonely, too. Or some shit."

Blue

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2014, 12:10:41 am »
The skittish teen only got as close as was necessary to successfully let Des grab the bucket, and then he took a good two big steps back and fidgeted stiffly. The idea of running really did sound wonderful…but he couldn’t leave without the emergency seeds, which were stashed here in the tiny one room home. Obviously he couldn’t do that without garnering some unwanted attention from his huge guest…and besides, his horse was getting up in years by now, and running break-neck through the desert in this heat might prove to be it’s undoing.
He couldn’t really afford to lose the precious animal now, and he tried not to think about the day it did in fact die of natural causes. The ground was so hard, and he was so weak, there was no way he’d be able to till successfully.
Dying alone in the desert had always been on his mind, but sometimes it was startling to remember it could come from something other than an unwanted ‘visitor’.

Jerking as the man spoke, Skylar listened through the haze of fear, and simply shivered near the end. On the one hand, this was essentially true - Des could have killed him out there on the dirt. But the people before had played friendly, and waited for their time. He tried to think through the panic racing circles in his mind - was it because there were so many of them in his family, that they had to wait until everyone was asleep?
Still that didn’t really change the fact Des could dispatch him at any moment - Skylar was literally helpless. Even in his dog form, he’d be no match.
He shrank a little in his dusty clothes, shoulders hunched.

What he didn’t expect was the comment on loneliness. Had he his large ears, they would have perked up some. Come to think of it…hyena were social too, weren’t they? And humans well…they didn’t count. They lived in close proximity, yes, but it was not the same. They didn’t communally help each other, support each other, and love each other. It was different from a pack.
For the first time, something in him wanted to relax ever so slightly. Somewhere in the back of his mind, a little voice was crying out, that perhaps if they both needed a pack then they could make one together.
But he wasn’t ready to actually give in to that fantasy yet, if ever. He had to stay on guard, just in case. The desperation to live drove him, even though he no longer really knew why he wanted to go on so badly.
Looking anywhere but at Des, fidgetting and squirming, he finally spoke.
“…Th-there’s food…there…in the cupboards…mm…”
He made a vague gesture behind him, where what probably served as the kitchen was. Very simple shelving at waist level was what apparently worked as counter space, and there were a few dried foods hung as well as collections of more recently dug up vegetables. Everything was a little small, and a little washed out, but it was the best he could do out here on his own.

@Rhi-Rhi

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2015, 02:09:40 pm »
"Holy fuckin' shit, ya even got vegetables?" Des breathed, and his mouth watered at the sight. Sure they didn't look like much, but it was more than he'd had in...a while. He'd been living off meat--mostly desert rats and lizards and snakes--and while he was a red meat sort of guy, goddamn did he miss variety. Fruits! Vegetables! Bread. He'd murder even for a doughnut.

Of course, he'd not say that in front of the kid. He'd take it as a literal threat.

"Fuck. I used to whine about eatin' veggies as a kid, now I can't wait to chew somethin' other than meat."

After giving himself a thorough washing, the dirt and grime rinsing away to leave rich brown skin in its wake, he ran his hands over his face to smooth away the water running down it and stepped away from the little wash station. He didn't worry about drying himself; the heat would whisk away moisture in no time, and right now it just felt good.

With a look Skylar's way, he motioned toward the bucket. "Go on, now. I left ya plenty of water," he said, and after snatching a carrot from the cupboard, he took a seat at the edge of Skylar's makeshift bed. Now that he was clean, he hoped that was okay and that the kid wouldn't have a conniption that he was wet.

He went quiet for a moment as he took a bite of carrot and crunched away at it, thoroughly enjoying it, he said, "You've had it pretty rough, haven't ya?"

Blue

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2015, 09:20:18 pm »
It was likely for the best that Des wasn’t planning on actively drying himself, for Skylar owned nothing similar to a towel at all. All the cloth he had was otherwise occupied, mostly in his two outfits.
Scurrying out of the way as Des passed by, he eyed the bucket of water in response to the offer of bathing. Ordinarily, he wouldn’t bother washing until completely done with his fields - often after sundown. But it didn’t seem he’d be doing any more work today, so…there was really no good reason not to scrub down to wonderful cleanliness.

He glanced at his ‘guest’ as he made himself comfortable on the bed, and while it was uncomfortable to have someone in his home, he no longer had to worry about his precious sheets getting gritty or grimy. He fidgeted slightly, and then quickly shed his stiff, red-caked pants and shirt.

Standing there, bereft of clothes, he was clearly all skin and bone.

Kneeling silently, he quickly began to wash the dust from his skin, which was much easier than it was for Des, as he was not nearly so filthy to start with. He took particular care with his dreds, and it was during this self grooming that he was questioned.
Pressing his lips together, a small tremor traveling his shoulders, he nodded. Everything he had was scratched together out of desperation, and most of it was about ready to give out. This unforgiving place was not really suited to a lone teenager trying to scrape together an existence. He didn’t even remember what it was like to be full, let alone the taste of meat.

Done with his washing, he stood back up, free of the red earth that permeated his life. He too was rather tanned thanks to the sun, and so it was nearly impossible to see any of the spatterings of freckles he sported. The dry air was already leeching away the moisture left behind, but still he stood awkwardly at his bathing area. Ordinarily he would leap right onto the bed and crawl beneath the covers, basking in the feeling of being clean and comfortable. He didn’t really want to do that now, but walking around and getting dusty again would also be unpleasant. Finally, setting his jaw, he lept nimbly onto the foot of the bed, and then curled up at the corner furthest from Des, spindly arms wrapped around equally spindly legs.

@Rhi-Rhi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal