Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Mindless Doodles [Open]  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Zero Undead

Mindless Doodles [Open]
« on: May 04, 2013, 11:39:38 am »
Alec was impeccably dressed, as always, a finely, and custom, tailored black suit, with a neon green shirt, black tie, stylish sunglasses, and black dress shoes that had recently been polished to a fine shine. He was easily wearing thousands of credits worth of clothing. His ebony hair was neatly combed, with green streaks as neon as his shirt breaking the unrelieved darkness of his soft tresses. A very fancy, and expensive, silver plated watch adorned his right wrist, a graduation present from his mother.

Yes, all-in-all Alec felt he looked quite fetching today; especially with him ever so slightly leaning back in his chair, one leg thrown over the other. For someone so shy, he really did enjoy looking good, or maybe he was just shy about approaching people, because he really liked to be admired for his appearance. If he hadn’t have become a Pilot, he thought that fame might have still suited him well. Perhaps not as an actor or singer, but certainly following along his mother as a famous video-game designer, or perhaps even as an author or even artist. As it was, becoming a Pilot was an instant shot to fame.

Of course, being within the walls of the Citadel, he really didn’t have anyone to impress with being a Pilot, since most of the people there were Pilots themselves. There were Stage 5 candidates, and a smattering of military personnel, but they were used to Pilots. In this lounge area, there were only the Pilots and Stage 5 kids, who were Pilots in all but name. Kids…some of them were a little older than him, and he had been one of those ‘kids’ not that long ago. He’d only graduated a couple months ago. Those were his classmates, people he had trained with, people he had grown up with. Had becoming a Pilot really made that big of a difference?

Sighing he turned his attention back to the open sketchbook in his lap. A charcoal pencil had left his generally clean fingers smudged with black as his hand moved fluidly over the paper. He was drawing a rather provocative sketch of a barely clad woman in a suggestive pose. He could only smirk, he’d only half paid attention to exactly what he was drawing, just whatever was on his mind. Apparently he was thinking of something fairly racy. For only half paying attention, the sketch was phenomenally detailed and a fine showcase of his natural artistic talent. Yeah, he could have definitely been an artist.

paganchick

Re: Mindless Doodles [Open]
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:24:32 pm »
For it being Luna's day off she wasn't having a good day. She was sporting a throbbing headache, something that seemed to happen following a hard training session with her Illumokinesis, something she did on a regular basis to keep her abilities sharp.

She had only been a pilot for a few weeks and she found that it didn't really feel much different than  being a level 5, other than the fact you had just a bit more freedom and a dragon. Luna turned the corner to walk into her favorite lounge, one that had a view, something she would never have been able to have had at her home.

Luna wore simple clothing, nothing fancy, she had never had the money for it when she was younger and now she tended to save her money more than buy unneeded overly priced clothes. She was sporting dark washed jeans and a dark maroon spaghetti strap shirt, a common place outfit for her days off duty. She considered going out but quickly shot the idea down, her head hurt too much to be overwhelmed by the never ending soft roar that the public's minds produced.

As Luna turned to corner her eyes were drawn to the brightest thing in the room, making her instantly squint. The man before her was attractive yes, and was wearing a suit that would have definitely cost an arm and a leg but she saw it as wasteful, he definitely came from an upper class family. It didn't take Luna long to clear the distance between them thanks to her long legs. She popped her hip slightly as she looked down at the man, he looked vaguely familiar.

"Whatcha  drawing?" She asked, her voice naturally loud.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 05:35:57 pm »
Alec had begun shading the sketch, thoroughly pleased with his handiwork so far. Not enough people appreciated honest-to-goodness art these days. So much was digitally generated anymore. He liked digital art as much as the next guy and he was equally skilled with that forum, just like he loved to paint as well. It was just a shame that so few people really took the time to draw things by hand anymore.

He had become completely absorbed with his work by the time Luna approached him, so when she spoke to him he blinked up at her in surprise. The first thing he really noticed was her clothes, he took in the sight of her, almost forgetting her question. He was fairly certain she was a Pilot, especially considering how she was dressed. A candidate would have probably been in uniform, or would have addressed him more formally.

Grinning, he offered her his sketchbook, not at all embarrassed or ashamed of what he had been working on. Aedolis was a virtual playground when it came to what was socially acceptable. Sex, drugs, alcohol, whatever you wanted, as long as you weren’t hurting someone else. Kept the populace calm and content, and doped as hell. Poor bastards didn’t even realize how well they were controlled. Just because they couldn’t see the bar didn’t mean the cage wasn’t there. “What do you think? Not bad, eh?”

paganchick

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 05:51:37 pm »
Luna looked over the sketch slowly, rubbing the back of her neck slightly, taking in the details slowly with her eyes before offering a bit of a chuckle.
"Well, it is a hell of a lot better than anything I could ever draw, I mean a stick man is about all I can manage, and even then it is... Well, a three year old could probably manage one better than I," Luna spoke. It was completely true though, she wasn't much of an artist, she had an imagination and creativity, she had just never found the proper outlet for it.

She handed the sketchbook back to the man before offering her hand.
"The name is Cardinal McCarthy on duty and Luna off," She spoke waiting for him to shake her hand before pulling up a chair so she could set, not wanting to feel like she was hovering over him.

"I think I will need some sunglasses in here if I decide to stay much longer you are radiating," She spoke rubbing her eyes before smiling.
She looked at his shirt, squinting for a moment, his shirt started to change colors, first purple. She looked at it for a moment, seemed unpleased with the hue before changing it to a vibrant but dark blue.
"Hope you don't mind, it is just an illusion of course, but the green was driving me pretty up the wall."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 06:30:11 pm »
Alec continued to grin as she let her eyes travel over his artwork. He wished he could read what she was thinking, but that was terribly rude, especially from one Pilot to another. He chuckled as she started speaking of stickmen. “Aw, nothing wrong with stickmen! Everyone starts somewhere, if you wanted to you could probably learn to draw fairly well. Some people will always have the advantage of natural talent, but who cares? As long as you’re enjoying it and you’re happy with your work.”

She held out her hand and introduced herself to him. He shook her hand with a bright smile. “Luna, huh? That’s a pretty name. I’m Pilot Cardinal Holding, but you can just call me Alec.” He winked playfully at the last part. Considering the circumstances there was absolutely no need for formality. She did look vaguely familiar, a little younger than him, but they were the same rank.

He got distracted from that thought when his shirt changed colors though. He blinked down in surprise for a moment before laughing. She didn’t like his neon green, eh? Well, to each their own, he guessed. “That’s a neat trick. Can you make it hot pink next?” He teased, although if she really did it he wouldn’t mind that either. “Hey, before I forget, didn’t we have a couple classes together or something? You look kind of familiar. Like, not really familiar, but kinda.”

Definitely not one of the many girls he had flirted around with during his candidacy that was for sure. He would have remembered her if he had.

paganchick

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 06:44:47 pm »
Luna sat back, crossing her legs, looking at his face for a moment, she knew he looked familiar but she was trying to place him. It took her a few moments but finally it clicked.
"Ahh, yes, I remember you now. We did have several classes together, we passed through level four together if I am not mistaken. You went after the uppity smart affluent girls, that I do remember from the classes we had. Of course we didn't have too many classes together when it came to specialization and our abilities," Luna spoke, glad for her impeccable memory.

"Hey, let me see that sketch again, I might not be able to draw but I can do something just as neat," She spoke holding out her hand.
She loved using her abilities, it kept them sharp, even for stuff that was trivial; practice was a practice. 

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 12:02:12 pm »
“Uppity, smart, affluent girls?” Alec made a face at that. He really didn’t think he came off like that, did he? Sure, he liked girls, and guys, that he could hold an intellectually stimulating conversation with, but he didn’t think he only went after “uppity” girls. As Pilots, it didn’t matter what class they had come from, they were all Pilots now, which made them all upper caste citizens and military personnel.

“Do I come off as a snob? I don’t mean to.” He handed the sketchbook back over, now a bit sullen. Sure, he dressed himself in expensive clothes and wasn’t stingy about spending his money on nice and expensive things, but he didn’t try to be a stuck-up jerk or anything. Maybe people perceived him as flaunting his money. He’d grown up in the upper caste with lots of money. It was just natural to him.

paganchick

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 01:09:53 pm »
"Not now, and it was easy to tell you weren't doing it on purpose. It was how you were raised, you felt most comfortable around those people, they were something familiar to you so you were naturally drawn to them. You were never a jerk or anything," Luna spoke laughing a bit. She hadn't meant to offend Alec, but that was how she remembered it.

Luna took the sketched book, taking her time catching every detail of the image. She made a face, one that showed concentration as she brought the image into her mind, making it three dimensional in her mind. As she focused on the image something started to form in front of the two. At first it was barely there but slowly it started to solidify or at least appear to.
Before them stood a three dimensional life size figure of the woman.

She stood there, first black and white, just like the sketch. Luna handed the sketchbook back to Alec.
"I think she looks like a red head down you?" Luna spoke before the woman's hair turned a dark crimson red. She tapped her chin with her finger as if thinking, soon after the woman grew a pasty flesh tone instead of white. Slowly but surely the woman became more and more life like as Luna slowly added color and expression to her version of Alec's image?

"Do you like?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 04:07:30 pm »
Alec made a non-committal sound at her explanation. What did she know about him? It made him uncomfortable to think that such a broad psychological statement could be made about him by a girl he’d never actually spoken more than a few words to before today in his life. Then again, most people didn’t like taking a close look at themselves, let along acknowledge any flaws are shortcomings.

Rather than focus on what he may or may have not been like during candidacy, Alec instead focused on Luna as she intensely over his sketch. When the girl he’d drawn began to appear in black and white before them, life-size and three dimensional, his mouth kind of fell open. He clicked his teeth together audibly when she finally spoke and handed his sketchbook back. He looked between Luna and the illusion of the girl he’d drawn as she began to add colors.

“I take it back, the shirt thing was nothing. Now that is a neat trick! Holy crap, she looks so real.” He was half-tempted to reach out and try to touch it, but he figured that would shatter the illusion, or at least disrupt it. “That is seriously cool.”

paganchick

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 07:09:16 pm »
Luna could feel the discomfort radiant from Alec. She understood it, for it was understandable. He clearly didn't want to come off as snooty, and it wasn't really that he did, but no one liked to be confronted with their flaws, or even possible flaws. She decided to completely drop the subject if not completely avoid it as best as she could. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable, if anything she wished to make friends.

She hadn't made any friends really, or at least she wouldn't consider them friends, and it seemed that this man would make a decent friend at least, that was, if he would even want to become her friend. On the inside, Luna frowned though she wouldn't let it show on her face.

With a smile Luna looked up at her creation, it bowing slightly as if were receiving an applause or something.
"Yeah, it is pretty nifty for party tricks and such, not having much more use past that though," Luna spoke with a bit of a sigh, her confident happy tone slipping slightly.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 07:58:42 am »
Alec was pretty sure he must have misheard Luna just now. How could anyone consider that to be only a party trick? He could think of a million and one useful applications for such a detailed illusion while in the field. “Party trick? No way, I mean, okay, yeah. You could use it for a party trick, sure, but think! Say you’re in the field, getting bogged down by heavy fire; you could so use that to make a diversion, make a copy of yourself or your partner to distract or draw enemy fire! That’s epic.”

There were plenty of other uses you could find for it, but that was the most prominent that he had thought of off the top of his head. Alec would have had so much fun with an ability like that. Sure, it could be useful, but there were tons of things you could use it for that would just be fun.

Maybe she was just one of the Pilots that was unhappy with her particular set of abilities. As kids, he and his brothers would ‘play’ Pilots and they would all have their favorite psionic abilities they had and would ‘claim’ for the duration of the game. Never had Alec imagined that he actually was psychic, though. Pyromancy had never been one that he had chosen for the game, but here he was, quite a strong pyromancer, with cryromancy as well. Ah well, each Pilot had to work with and accept their own strengths. No point dwelling on what could have been.

“So what other abilities do you have? I’m fire and ice, go me. Very impractical, because those are heavy combat abilities, but I work for the PR department. I prefer talking to people rather than blowing them up.” He chuckled slightly.

paganchick

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 09:47:10 am »
Luna chuckled a moment, the illusion fading as quickly as it had appeared.
"I am glad you find my abilities so... Desirable," Luna spoke, leaning back in her chair a bit. Yes he was right, she could make decoys, could make an army look many times bigger than it was, could make people appear as someone else, could make herself appear as someone else, but she just wasn't satisfied with this.

She was glad he saw her gifts as something 'epic' as he called it, she wished she could see them in the same light but she found it difficult. She wished she had an ability that was more proactive, something that had a direct influence, something like pyromancy or cryromancy.

"Illumokinesis, and empathy are my two abilities. They work together nicely, helps me make people believe my illusions when needed. I am deciding where I want to go right now, I am leaning more towards going into candidate affairs because Illumokinesis is rare and there is only one other mentor with the ability plus with empathy I can help.. Weed out candidates that have a high possibility of becoming a traitor. Thoughts can be easily faked, emotions cannot. I think my abilities would fit best there, but my abilities would also be useful in other places. Since illumokinesis is rare the ability is in high demand in several places.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 05:04:57 am »
Alec smirked, all psionic abilities were desirable in one way or another. Well, almost all of them. Some Pilots just didn’t like what they had been given in life when it came to their psionics, but Alec just kind of went with it. Sure, he thought his abilities weren’t exactly suited to his line of work with Public Relations, but hey, he could always freeze the drinks of co-workers that annoyed him! It was all about perspective, but he figured Luna wouldn’t appreciate a big lecture on the subject.

Instead he listened intently as she told him about what department she was thinking about asking to be assigned to. “Candidate affairs, eh? Noble work, that is. Although, you can still mentor candidates when you’re not in candidate affairs. With abilities like yours, they’ll probably assign you candidates to mentor no matter what department you work in. So don’t feel pressured into candidate affairs, okay? But I totally agree with you that weeding out bad candidates with your empathy would be pretty freaking useful.”

paganchick

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 01:18:59 pm »
"Empathy in general is a very useful ability, it can be applied one way or another in pretty much any situation. So I don't think I will have too much trouble getting in where ever a finally decide to request, or at least that is what I hope," Luna spoke, popping her neck slightly, before reaching up and rubbing the back of her neck. She still had the nagging headache, this throbbing in her head but it wasn't as bad as it had been earlier.

"So what made you want to get into PR work, or were you just assigned there? You must quiet a people person," Luna said with a soft laugh, leaning her head back and closing her eyes. Her face looked serene enough, her body was still rather tense though. So if one was observant enough one would be able to tell she was in a bit of pain even though her face said otherwise.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 07:50:58 am »
Alec nodded as Luna spoke of her empathy. He fully agreed with her, she could get into most departments with such a useful ability. Sometimes he really wished that he had been an empathy, the talent would have been so much more suited to him than the very offensive capabilities that he possessed. Oh well, no point dwelling on what he didn't have, much more productive to focus on putting what he did have to good use.

He had noticed things about Luna as they sat there speaking, his emerald eyes were very observant. All the popping and cracking of joints, the rubbing the back of her neck...She seemed uncomfortable. Was it stiffness? Pain? He mused over these things while he smiled politely as she asked him about his PR work.

"I adore people, for the most part. I do have a low tolerance for idiots, but so do many people. I asked to work in public relations, and they agreed to assign me there. I think because I am laid-back and enjoy working with others, they thought it would be a good fit for me, despite my heavily combat-centered psionic abilities."

He shifted slightly, leaning forward and resting his chin on his hands, which had laced together as he peered at her curiously. "You look uncomfortable. You're all stiff and tense. Something wrong?"

paganchick

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 01:07:49 pm »
Luna had to pull her power of empathy in, she was starting to sense Alec, and just like reading someones mind, it wasn't polite to read someone's emotions either. Still her mind lingered on the hint of emotions she did get, was that longing she felt, maybe a bit of envy or a mixture of both, she couldn't tell, she didn't let her mind linger long enough to find out.

She found that she had this problem, reading others emotions without even realizing it. It was something that came so naturally to her that it felt a bit odd when she held her emotions back. She had grown up with this sense, so it was weird to deny it.

Finally Luna opened her eyes, looking at him speak as he talked about his PR work. He did seem laid back, and she could tell he was observant. He had been able to read her well enough to keep the conversation going with ease without saying anything that would push her away from the conversation. She was a little surprised when he asked her about how she was feeling, she was caught a bit off guard.

"A bit of a headache, nothing more. It seems to be a symptom of over exerting my Illumokinesis. I had been training earlier, it will go away I just have to get it time, and relax a little. I will be fine," Luna said, her hand moving to the back of her neck.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 05:48:05 am »
Truthfully Alec didn't mind if her empathy touched upon him. Luna could read his emotions all she wanted, he was a bit of an open book anyway. Still, some did find it rude, so it was always best to fall along the side of caution. He wasn't surprised by her surprise, and he merely smiled as she explained her discomfort to him.

"It is always important for Pilots to find time to relax, we have such stressful jobs, you know. Have you ever been to the spa? I bet a nice, quiet day at the spa would do wonders for you. I love going. Manicures, pedicures, mud baths, steam rooms, and my masseuse has hands that I swear are magic. Even if you went just for the massage, it would be well worth it."

Alec did so love the spa. He adored being pampered by the technicians that worked at the place he used. His mother had gotten him a membership. They were some of the best on the planet.

"The facility I use is rather exclusive, but I could give you a referral if you like. I'm sure they would be delighted to make you an appointment if I spoke to them."

paganchick

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 06:18:34 am »
Luna shook head head no to his question. She had never been to a spa. Growing up she couldn't afford it and now that was a pilot and could, she had a think about people touch her. She hated to be touched really. That plus she had been busy being a pilot, a new pilot at that.

She smirked slightly as he continued, she hadn't heard someone talk about being pampered like that, and coming from the lower caste, that fact it was coming from a man was really odd. Luna looked down, his offer was very nice and the first gesture of kindness she had received as a pilot so far. Still she didn't think she could make herself go to the spa alone, she would feel really out of place even though she wouldn't be, and she wasn't going to ask Alec to tag along, she felt that might be even weirder.

The thoughts roaring in Luna's head made her blush softly, but not something extremely noticeable.
"Thanks but no thanks. I will be okay, it will go away on its own, it always does. Plus I doubt I would like it, I am pretty weird about people touching me," She spoke, leaning her head back and taking a deep breath.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal