Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Just another coin in the machine. [Nix!]  (Read 9008 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Just another coin in the machine. [Nix!]
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2017, 10:16:47 am »
...What.

No. No way.

But this kid had no reason to lie.

The blood froze in Ari's veins and he just stared at Nike, uncomprehending for a few beats. "Darvish? You're kiddin', right? Ya thinkin' some other guy 'cause...uh...Darvis h? No way..."

But the sight of Nike's bruises flashed in his memory and his stomach did another anxious flip-flop. He rubbed his sweaty palms onto his pants and swallowed hard. Darvish? He was the sicko? He'd lied to him? Pretended? And there, beneath the fear, a spark of anger kindled and he sucked in a deep breath, fists tightening.

Holy fucking shit.

"How the fuck do I 'play along'? Just...just keep pretendin' I don't know? Fuck!" He slammed a fist into the wall, ignoring the pain that blossomed as his skin split. "I shoulda fuckin' known! Fuck I'm a moron!"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

Re: Just another coin in the machine. [Nix!]
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2018, 10:25:55 pm »
Nike flinched as Ari's fist connected with the wall. He wasn't afraid of Ari really, it was just a knee-jerk reaction.

Maybe he shouldn't have said anything. Maybe the ignorance would have been better for Ari but at the same time he couldn't not tell him. He had to known not to trust that man. "You should act like you are grateful, but don't be too obedient, pretend you trust him but don't be too compliant either. That's all I can say. I can only guess what he wants from how I 'screwed up'. I wasn't his 'type'. I am sorry Ari." He muttered softly.

He didn't think Ari was a moron, but he wasn't like Nike. There was no trust for him to put in anyone because this was all there was for him. This was his life and expecting anything different was foolish.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal