Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Nascence (zozee9)  (Read 2897 times)

Rastul

Re: Nascence (zozee9)
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 08:06:17 am »
"That I can't really remember anything." Syl buried his face in his hands, rubbing his eyes, apparently expending a not insignificant amount of effort to put his memories in order.

Evidently, he felt that there was little point in worry about it, and stood up to look at her in the eyes.

"Since you're here today there must be something you want from me, right?" Back to smiling, being friendly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

zozee9

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 09:16:46 am »
"Ah... yes, I suppose that is a little abnormal. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. What matters is here and now." Devicia was technically his therapist, so comforting him wouldn't be a problem. Even though he didn't seem to care anymore.

Now it was time to actually get to work. Smiling, Devicia said, "We're doing a little experiment today. You should have a little chip? They said that they would give one to you somehow and that you would know what to do with it. It's supposed to give you telekinesis. How well can you control your telekinesis?"

Looking him in the eyes, Devicia didn't know what she wanted. If he couldn't control his telekinesis very well, she'd have to spend more time in this room and possibly have to suffer from unexpected random attack. But if he could control his telekinesis, hopefully she wouldn't have to stay in the room as long but she would be cut and cut again. Well, it was her job to teach him how to control it... even if it meant cutting her to bits and pieces (not that these knives were actually big enough to cut off limbs).

Rastul

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 12:48:01 pm »
A1 looked at her, distrust sprouting in his eyes. So that's what they sent her here for. She had something to do with these chips.

"Yes, I found one on my breakfast tray this morning."

He took it out of his pocket - not the same one he swallowed the other day, though this was not entirely clear, and slipped it into the port on the back of his neck.

His mind exploded. Not literally. But his vision was filled with blue and white static, lightning fractals appearing at the edge of his vision. He was assaulted by various acrid scents: burning, sour, rotten, sweet. Ants crawled through his veins, a snake coiled around his heart, then ..

Nothing. All the feelings receded into the back of his mind. What remained was a very quiet, very deep hum, thrumming in his chest and ears.

He got up from the floor (where he had been doubled over during the past 10 seconds), and steadily looked at her. "What now?"

zozee9

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »
Syl almost gave Devicia a heart attack when he doubled over. Yet he just stood up and acted like it was normal. But he didn't have any memory... how could it be normal?

"Uh... um... right," Devicia said shaking her head to clear her thoughts. "So did a knife appear on your breakfast tray this morning, too? You didn't eat it, did you?" Devicia wasn't good at telling jokes under pressure. "I guess I should explain what's we're going to do. Although I got into knife fights in the street before, my technique isn't great. However, the scientists have decided that I would be the best one to teach you how to fight with a knife using your telekinesis." Because he couldn't kill her. "Because this is our first time, I won't be doing any attacking. Or much defending... just enough to keep me alive. Our goal today is to teach you how to control the knife and to cut me as many times as possible. Don't worry about hurting me. You ready?"

Devicia had experienced a lot of pain over the years fighting in the streets. Because of her ability, she would let the opponent hurt her as long as she could hurt them back, too. But that didn't mean she was happy to be the test dummy. Even though she healed right away and the pain dealt from attacks was numbed, it still hurt. Devicia pulled her knife out and gripped it tightly.

Rastul

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 07:13:08 pm »
"Hahaha!" Syl raised his eyebrows in genuine mirth and he raised his had to clap Devicia on the shoulder. "No, it's right here -- "

He frowned at her next statement. "That doesn't sound too hard." The knife on the breakfast tray lifted itself in the air and buzzed around him at a somewhat startling speed, a large, sharp metallic fly. His hands hung loosely by his sides, but the fingers twitched every so often, manipulating the invisible lines of force to keep the knife moving.

"So I just .. " his tone was conversational as the knife was released from its orbit, flung at her stomach.

zozee9

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 05:02:34 pm »
"Oh shi—" Devicia started before the flying knife hit stabbed her in the stomach. Although she knew she'd get hurt sooner or later, it would've been nice if she had been prepared.

The speed of the knife caused Devicia to fall backwards and her hands automatically dropped her knife as they wrapped around the one in her stomach. Blood openly flowed onto her clothes even before she pulled out the knife. I knew I should've worn the open-stomached shirt, though Devicia as she yanked the knife out of her stomach. More blood... well, at least I was wise enough to wear black.

A stomach wound hurt more than anything else. Devicia had experienced some pretty bad injuries—such as getting shot in the leg and almost getting her arm sliced off (the bone was too hard)—but this one took the crown. Doubling over, Devicia started coughing up blood.

Then it started. The pain started to numb as it healed her—starting at her stomach. She knew how it would work now; it finish healing her stomach and continue to heal outwards until it finally healed her skin. That's how it always worked. Although internal injuries took the longest to heal, it would still be done within a few minutes. Devicia stopped coughing up blood.

Rastul

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 05:42:31 pm »
A1 watched the events unfold placidly, registering no emotion when he saw the knife embed itself into Devicia's chest. However, he definitely looked unhappy when he saw her drop in pain. He was not aware of the potential of injury, but he had been in 'pain' enough times that he could vaguely remember what it meant - damage to the body, 'please make it stop', 'what's going on, why does this "hurt"?'.

The actual mechanism of injury and death was unknown to him: great swathes of misinformation filled his mind, making him uncertain of what memories he could trust. But he was aware of the emotion displayed on her face. He backed up until he ran into the wall of the cubicle, and the knife jittered wildly in the air before embedding itself into the ceiling.

Indeed a stomach wound would be painful. It was the worst guaranteed way to die - the stomach's acid leaking out into the peritoneum and dissolving all the organs.

zozee9

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 08:07:25 pm »
Devicia focused on the knife. That way she wouldn't focus on the pain. It was going back and forth, back and forth... and then into the ceiling. Now there was blood on the floor, wall, and ceiling. The redness of it contrasted with the whiteness of the room. Just like her. Blood matched her eyes. Her vampiric eyes. At least she hadn't started drinking it...

Smiling, Devicia stood up. Her skin was closing, a sure sign that healing was just about over. There. Closed.

"Sorry about that," Devicia started, turning in circles and smirking, showing the scientists that she wasn't lying. "Stomach wounds apparently take longer than most to heal." Devicia stopped so she was facing Syl. "But that wasn't the proper way to start a fight. Oh, and I should be able to avoid being stabbed in the stomach again. It's a little too painful for my liking."

Bending down and picking up the knife she dropped, Devicia wondered how much practice Syl had with his telekinesis powers. Even though he probably didn't remember using it, he may have some instinct from  when he had used it. If he had. "Grab your knife. We're going to start this the proper way. Even if it isn't a proper fight." With a slight bow, Devicia stated, "My name is Devicia. Some call me Devil. Some call me Vampire. But my name is Devicia. And yours?"

Rastul

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 09:00:04 pm »
A1 stammered. "A-are you going to fight me?!"

His stance, back pressed against the wall, may have shown fear to the less observant. It was mostly psychological rejection of the hurt he believed he had inflicted on his therapist; his body had subtlety shifted to adopt a fighting stance, both feet firmly planted on the ground, one slightly ahead of the other.

"I don't really like fighting ..."

His nervousness appeared to disappear, and he substantially relaxed his stance, completely distracted by her next question. He ran his hand through his hair, confused.

"My name? I suppose .. didn't you call me A1 before? That's all I've got." A1 shrugged.

zozee9

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 10:00:03 pm »
Devicia felt sympathy for Syl. He obviously wasn't comfortable with fighting (at least at first), but Devicia calmed her emotions with knowing that she wouldn't cause any damage to him.

Shaking her head, Devicia tsked at Syl. "It's a fight. You have to use your real name. And what people call you by. Here's what you should say, 'My name is Syl. Some people call me A1. But my name is Syl.' Or something like that, at least. If you don't give your name away, it doesn't show respect to your opponent. Do you want to try again?"

Rastul

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 08:33:45 am »
"Syl .. "

He placed hand on his chest.

"So I am Syl. Do I have a last name?"

He fixed Devicia with a curious, inquisitive stare. "Your attitude changed. You seem more .. aggressive." Still, the knife dislodged itself from the ceiling and resumed its orbit around him.

zozee9

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 12:24:45 pm »
Aggressive? Devicia didn't mean to be more aggressive...

"Perhaps. I'm just getting my job done. And I'm sorry, I don't know your last name. I take it that hovering knife means you're ready to continue? I'll avoid being stabbed in dangerous areas like that so don't worry too much about holding back... and it's fine if my legs and arms get hurt." Even though it would be hard to avoid injuries to her head with the speed of that knife, Devicia would have to do her best. After all, they didn't want him to be holding back.

Rastul

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 12:35:02 pm »
"You really want me to kill you?" The knife stopped orbiting him and settled into his right hand, gripped loosely at the handle. Syl looked intently at his therapist.

"Is that what I'm supposed to do?"

zozee9

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 02:11:34 pm »
"Kill me?" No. "I guess so. But there is two rules for this battle you should know: 1. You can only use your telekinesis to attack... and you can the knife; 2. I won't be attacking you so you don't have to worry about defense." This was definitely going to be one painful day. With a sigh, Devicia moved her knife to her upper chest, the easiest place to be able to defend her head, her heart, and now her stomach.

Rastul

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 05:07:14 pm »
"This sort of feels half hearted."

Seeing as the rules (why did not he not question them again?) were to use a knife and the 'telekenesis', he threw his hand forward, the knife flying out of his grip much faster than normally possible. It went for her neck.

The chip awakened strange feelings in him. He could feel tendrils of force bursting from his fingers. They should not have been there. But the chip bored openings in each of his finger tips, from which exuded some invisible string, puppet string, that he could seemingly manipulate with thought.

He tried to use a thread to yank away her knife.

zozee9

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 05:56:38 pm »
Devicia was ready this time. She quickly moved her knife higher and deflected the attack so it only hit her shoulder. Within seconds, the scrape was gone.

"Half hearted? You just flung that thing at me with the intent to kill. I won't die that easily, though. Don't worry. And we'll have a fuller fight another day. Today is just to see your abilities." And how your brain waves work when you attack. "Maybe you could make the blade spin this time? I've heard spinning blades fly faster." Not that he needed help with that one. Still, if she was going to get hurt either way, might as well actually do her job and help him learn to fight better.

Rastul

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 07:51:21 pm »
"When does this test end?"

Syl obeyed her suggestion, putting the knife into an extremely fast spin before flinging it at her again. The knife flew towards her with a back spin, which would cause it to deflect unpredictably on deflection.

"How are you healing so fast?" It was a bit surreal to be having a conversation while casually exchanging (or just giving) death blows. Indeed it seemed a bit too weird to him; there he stood, one hand in pocket, the other one waving around a sharp metal implement at this girl who had recovered from a fatal stomach wound in a matter of minutes ...

zozee9

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 08:16:59 pm »
Blocking his attack, Devicia was surprised to see the knife go in the opposite direction than she planned. The speed of which it was traveling actually caused it to go flying backwards instead of just slightly changing its direction.

"Whenever the scientists decide it should end. And," Devicia started with a smirk, "You aren't the only one with special abilities, my friend. I can regenerate. Why else would they stick me in here?" Actually, Devicia wouldn't be surprised if they used unnecessary people for target practice. But she kept quiet about that part.

Rastul

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 09:17:52 pm »
"I don't know." The knife whizzed towards Syl, but he caught it during its path of flight. He swirled his hand around his head, mimicking a gravity-assisted sling shot, and flung the knife around him, behind his back and out the other side, returning the volley but aiming at her thigh.

"I'm not even sure where I am."

zozee9

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 09:21:53 pm »
"Ah!" Devicia exclaimed as the knife stabbed her thigh. "I suppose I can tell you now. Have you ever heard of TRIM?" She had heard that TRIM was actually pretty well known. She had just never heard of it since she lived on the streets... why nobody had ever done anything about it, however, escaped Devicia's mind.

Devicia pulled the knife out of her thigh. Now her pants had a hole in them. Great. Holding the knife gently, she asked, "Can you pull this knife out of my hand? That is, with your telekinesis powers?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal