Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Experiments? On me?! Good luck. [Zozee9]  (Read 6197 times)

Zane

Re: Experiments? On me?! Good luck. [Zozee9]
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2012, 08:55:43 pm »
"Ouch, remind me not to get on your bad side. I wish I could have seen his face when he noticed I was still in cuffs" Zane said with a chuckle. "You can be pretty harsh. Come with the job?"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:31:20 pm by Zane »

zozee9

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2012, 09:02:48 pm »
"The job and years of living on the streets. And it's his fault for not doing his job properly. I mean, if this place was filled with people like him, prison breaks would happen all the time." Though that might not be a bad thing. "He's even taking a while with that tea. Ugh. Maybe I should have taken up that offer on getting an assistant..."

Calming down her attitude a little, she continued, "No matter. Back to talking. You don't have a family... so what about friends? Anybody waiting for you outside of TRIM?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Zane

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2012, 09:07:45 pm »
"Does a vastly intelligent and independent AI system count as a friend? If not then no." Zane didn't really connect much with humans of this era, most of them were idiots, and the ones who were smart were in some way crazy, at least in his experiences.

zozee9

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2012, 06:58:07 am »
"I guess that depends if it is humane or not. If it has personality and such, then I think it should count. Where did you find this Al system?" Devicia was kind of glad to hear that he had almost no friends and no family that he was forced away from. The people that did always went crazy first. She didn't blame them since the pain must be intolerable. It was hard enough for her and she left willingly...

Zane

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2012, 07:22:43 am »
"Well I didn't find her, I built her. It took me several years. And yes she has personality, she even has feelings, and boy were those tough to program." Zane knew the AI loved him and was probably searching for him as he was talking to Devicia, I will return Dawn, just give me more time.

zozee9

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2012, 08:08:29 am »
Impressed, Devicia responded, "Well, then I think she counts as a friend. What's her name?" Though Devicia was curious about his creation, she was mainly just asking questions as small talk and to pass time. The tea was taking forever.

Zane

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:28 am »
"Her name is White Dawn, but she goes by Dawn. What about you? Your friends and family?" Zane was biding his time, ever more the hungrier with each passing minute. "You don't have to tell me, I was just curious."

zozee9

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2012, 01:27:51 pm »
"I make you answer all my questions yet I don't have to answer yours? That hardly seems fair. My family and friends are the same. I was abandoned as a child, so the other street folk that raised me became my family. Though we don't live together anymore. And Dawn is a pretty name." After a quick pause, Devicia said, "Where is the tea?"

Just as she was about to ask Zane to do that weird thing again, the wall opened. A different guard walked in with two cups of tea, two sandwiches, and a bowl of fruit. This guard, unlike the other, seemed confident and wise. "Thank you," said Devicia, standing up and helping the guard set the food down. "You'll get a raise. I promise." Then Devicia muttered, "And that other guy will get fired. I promise."

After watching the guard leave, Devicia gently picked up her tea and took a sip. "Now, where were we?"

Zane

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2012, 01:43:58 pm »
Laughing Zane stood up and walked over food. "You know I want more of those other guards hired, it would make my life easier." Zane was still chuckling as he took a bite of the fruit. His face dropped as the fruit was bland and tasteless. Setting the fruit down, he picked up the sandwich. biting into it, artificial meat, artificial cheese. Setting down the sandwich, Zane picked up the tea, took a careful sip of the tea. He was literally surprised when he tasted real spearmint in the tea.

zozee9

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2012, 06:07:47 pm »
"Make your life easier and my life harder. I'm one of the first people that is sent out to stop escapers, you know. Figure it'll hurt me the least."

Taking another sip of her tea, Devicia didn't know what she'd do without it. At this point, it was one of the few things that stopped her from going crazy. That, and people like Zane who still have fighting spirit. Taking a bite of her sandwich, Devicia understood why Zane stopped eating it.

"They're feeding us this artificial crap?! Probably because they don't want to mess with your diet. And because real food is expensive." Laughing, Devicia continued, "But they wouldn't dare mess up my tea. They know better." Finishing her sandwich anyway, Devicia decided she would let silence take over until Zane said something.

Zane

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2012, 06:28:02 pm »
It was times like these that Zane was glad he could survive on liquids alone. Sipping on his tea, "so I take it our next session will be a sparing session of some kind? So the other scientist can gage my abilities."

zozee9

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2012, 06:49:01 pm »
"You're quite the observant one, aren't you? Yes, we'll be fighting. Assuming the scientists don't decide you're too dangerous for me." Laughing at her own joke, Devicia explained, "The scientists won't decide you're too dangerous for me, don't worry. They never do. It would technically be my choice at this point, anyway. So how about music? What kind of music do you like?" Devicia was trying to lighten up the mood again. She didn't like tense things. Tense things led to bad things.

Zane

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2012, 12:19:37 pm »
"I like orchestral music with a lot of power or emotion and a lot of percussion. I like all kinds of music but I prefer orchestral. Next question?"

zozee9

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2012, 02:12:19 pm »
Well he wasn't helping with the mood. "Okay, how about your favorite hobby? What do you do in your free time... that is, before you got sent to TRIM." Devicia decided she wasn't really helping with the mood either.

Zane

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2012, 06:01:07 am »
My hobbies? "Well working on my ship for one, I also exercise a lot. I also host parties on my ship sometimes, but that is once in a blue moon." the party was an excuse to get a target aboard his ship but he had a good time maybe he could do it again.

zozee9

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2012, 08:01:09 am »
"Exercise?" repeated Devicia. "Well, doesn't seem like you have much room in here for that. But no matter, we'll be doing plenty of fighting tomorrow. That brings me to my next question: how likely do you think it is that you'll kill me?" With his powers, Devicia most likely have to bring some armor of sorts. Specialized armor of sorts. Things that attacked the whole body, like electricity, didn't work very well for regenerative abilities—no matter how top-notch they were.

Zane

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2012, 08:08:31 am »
"I'm not going to kill you, that's a promise." Because I'm not going to fight you. "As to the likelihood of death, if I use my full power about ninety-eight percent with no power at all, about ten percent."

zozee9

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2012, 09:23:17 am »
"Ninety-eight percent? I've been told I'm lucky." Devicia laughed. "I am pretty good at dodging, though. Lots of experience the past few years."

Since tea-time was already over, Devicia figured the session would only last a few more minutes. "So... how has your stay at TRIM been so far?"

Zane

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2012, 10:24:56 am »
Zane Laughed. "Oh it's been just marvelous. Turns out that the scientist I'm to interact with isn't some crazy nut-job" Zane leaned in closer, "in fact she appears quite sane and actually is kind of fun to be around. But I think that is part of the experiment."

zozee9

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2012, 10:50:31 am »
"Ooo... I'm not a nut job! That's a good start. You're not too bad of a subject either. Over half of them have lost their mind by the time I get there... not that I can blame them." She could usually save the ones that hadn't lost their minds yet. Having someone to talk to helped them a lot. Helped her, too.

"I wouldn't be surprised if everything they did was an experiment. And I don't just mean to you. I mean this whole place. All the scientists, subjects, guards... all part of a giant game. But I'm willing to play." At least for now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal