Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Do we haaave to? [Blue!]  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Do we haaave to? [Blue!]
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 05:10:19 pm »
Yazuri's puffy red eyes widened, all the earlier trauma forgotten and only a tear-stained face and stuffy nose remaining to show for it. "I get to pick?"

Those were the magic words. They opened up so many possibilities! So many options! It was almost overwhelming, in fact! They could go to a restaurant, or go to a spa! She could get a facial or get her nails done or soak in one of those crazy mud baths that were supposed to be really good for your skin! So many things! So many things she'd always wanted to do, but didn't normally get to do because she was too chicken to go alone and didn't know anyone who was interested.

Her face broke out into a bright smile and she clasped her hands together.

"Can we go to the spa? And a fancy restaurant? Like one that has steak and huge desserts and stuff? OH! Maybe one that has a performance! Do you know of any?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Blue

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 08:10:47 pm »
What was that saying… “Like opening a can of worms?”
With his arms crossed over his chest, and a sniffling youngin’ looking all bright eyed up at him, he could do little more than sigh.
“Yeah, ye get ta choose.”

What a horrible decision that was. How many things did the cheeky girl need?? Dinner, show, and a spa?? Bloody red earth what had he gotten himself into…
Sure this was a ‘congratulations on not sucking’ gift after a rather long history of sucking…but he wasn’t sure he wanted to make a habit out of this sort of a money-drop.
“Awright awright, slow yerself down Yazuri. I’ll see what I can find fer you. Go get yourself all washed up and proper, and I’ll meet ya outside your place.”
Well, hopefully this wouldn’t turn out to be too much of a mistake…she was way too eager to tell her ‘no’ now anyway. Bah, what a pushover he’d become…

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 04:38:10 pm »
It was an effort not to squeal in happiness and clap her hands--oh, who was she kidding? It was too much of an effort and she did, in fact, let out a happy squeal, though instead of clapping, she threw her arms around Mikko's neck and gave him a tight squeeze.

"Thank you, thank you! Okay! I'll be ready real quick! Like twenty minutes! Thank you!"

With that said, she let go, turned, and raced out of the practice area. So excited was she, that she even forgot her gym bag and didn't even realize she'd left it until she got home. Oh well! She could pick it up later! She'd be in that nasty gym again soon enough, she was sure! But for now, she had to get ready for an awesome night out!

It didn't take her too long before she was dressed up in a pale green sun-dress that came to just above her knees, black hair (still damp from her shower) piled up onto her head and held in place with decorative pins. She paced in her living room as she waited--not her own home, really; her parents lived there technically, they were just never in Tynova.

Her eyes kept flicking anxiously to the clock on the wall. Ahhh! Where was Mikko? Granted, he still had five minutes, but those five minutes were taking forever!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Blue

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 03:11:13 pm »
A grunt accompanied the hug, as he struggled to maintain his usually gruff and immovable persona. Honestly, what had this girl done to him? What on this red earth was he becoming…sigh. He watched her back as she dashed out of there like her rump was on fire, biting back a chuckle before he calmly walked over and retrieved her bag. That little idiot…ah well, he was probably mostly to blame in the end.

That five minutes may have taken forever, but Mikko was a rather punctual person believe it or not. The sharp knock hit the door almost dead on the second.
On the other side of the door, the large Mordecai had at least made his own attempt at cleaning up and looking a bit more presentable. Not that he wasn’t usually, just…well, fancy places and all that.
Still dressed in blue, it was a darker tone now, coloring the turtleneck style shirt he was wearing. Though it had long sleeves, the fabric itself was relatively thin and soft, so as not to be all that warm or uncomfortable on a mild day like today. Not really certain what was even fashionable these days, he’d just defaulted to sleek black slacks - hard to go wrong on that one. He was still wearing calf-hugging boots, but they were not his usual beat up pair - dark brown and actually polished for once.
For an old guy, he didn’t look half bad!

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 12:57:20 am »
As soon as that knock sounded, Yazuri lunged for the door and swung it open.

"Hi!"

And then she froze, blinking up at him in surprise as she actually got a good look at him.

She wasn't really used to seeing him in normal clothes. Well, okay, scratch 'normal'--the correct word was nice. Fancy. Dress-up clothes. She didn't think she'd ever seen him in a turtleneck or slacks and she'd never expected to, either. Boy, he really was getting into this!

Yazuri stared a little longer, head slightly tilted and mouth partially open, then gave herself a shake when she realized she was being rude. "Oh. Whoa...ah! Hey! You brought my bag!" she said, abruptly switching gears. "Thanks! Haha, I totally spaced and forgot it. Here, you can just toss it inside, I'm all ready!"

She moved aside to make room and, grinning, did a quick spin. "How do I look?"

Blue

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 10:00:13 pm »
A dark eyebrow slowly arched at her belated reaction. What was with all the staring??
“Close yer mouth, ‘fore you drool. An’ if there’s somethin’ wrong with what I’m wearin’, you better speak up now.”
With a grunt he nodded at the next bit, lightly tossing her bag into the foyer without actually stepping foot inside himself. Hey, he’d not been invited, wasn’t polite. He straightened in time for her little pirouette, and a mild snort left him as he crossed his arms in a very normal Mikko stance.
“Lookin’ good kid. Nice color.”
As always, he wasn’t one for mincing words. But he was being honest, she looked nice. He just…didn’t know how else to say it really, other than to just say it.
Hey, he never claimed to be particularly good with the womenfolk.

“Alright, so what’s it gonna be first? Dinner or that spa thing?”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 11:15:01 pm »
Yazuri closed her mouth and, to be on the safe side, she discreetly wiped the corner of her lips. Pah! She did not drool! His compliment, however, made up for that comment and sparse though it was, she took it to heart--because it was a feat and a half to get that much out of him! And Mikko didn't waste words; if he said it, he meant it.

At his question regarding where to start, Yazuri tapped a finger to her lips and tilted her head in thought. It didn't take long to reach a decision for though Yazuri was a lot of things, indecisive was not one of them. She knew what she wanted! "Hmm. How about dinner, since we're all dressed up?"

After all, once they got to the spa they wouldn't be wearing these clothes anyway, but special robes, and she'd have to wear her hair differently so it stayed out of the way and didn't get mud or whatever in it. May as well get dinner while they were still dressed nicely rather than after they'd messed up their clothes and hair!

Not that Mikko had that much hair to muss, or worried about that in the first place.

She grinned up at him. "Then we can really wind down and relax at the spa! Just don't get too full that you'll fall asleep! Wouldn't be good to drown in a mud bath or anything," she added, wrinkling her nose at the thought.

What a way to go.

Blue

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 01:27:39 pm »
Mikko made a rather interesting face at that.
“No, I’d rather not drown in mud.”
He’d survived gunfights and knife wounds and all sorts of dangerous things out on the frontier. To die in a fancy pants spa thing where people willingly sit in mud was not how he anticipated going out.
He let out a bit of a sigh and rubbed the back of his head mildly.
“Dinner it is.”

He stepped back from the door, and then paused momentarily. It was odd trying to shift his brain into a gear it hadn’t used in a long, long time. But this was supposed to be a night out for her, so he ought to at least be on his best behavior.
With that thought, he offered her his arm.
“Place’s close. We’ll just walk, if thas’ alright.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 10:22:18 pm »
Yazuri blinked at Mikko's offered arm for a beat, and then her face broke into a wide grin. It was so strange seeing Mikko like this; prior to now, she hadn't figured he had a gentlemanly bone in his body. Look who was getting proven wrong in all sorts of ways tonight!

Still smiling, she hooked her arm in his.

"Whoa, how chivalrous!" she said with a laugh. This was pretty awesome, she and a Mordecai, all dolled up and going off on a da--wow where the hell had her mind just gone? Wrong word! Uh, outing. Yes, an outing. Point was, this was nifty, and the closest she'd ever gotten to being wined and dined! Not that she planned on wining, but the point still stood.

"That's fine by me! Guess we could use the exercise before a big meal, huh? Not that you need it, mister muscles."

Blue

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 11:46:48 pm »
He could tell that she was finding this very entertaining. Granted, the surly guy was definitely doing something of a 180, but it wasn’t as if he had no sense of proper behavior.
He just tended not to use it most of the time.
Bah, she had better be grateful under all that grinning - he was really going out of his way here. Man, the things he did for his mages sometimes…
He was beginning to feel increasingly whipped these days.

Mikko snorted at her exclamation, easily leading their walk by mental map alone.
“Yea’ yea’.” Chivalrous his ass. Oh well, he supposed it was worth it, given how happy she seemed. Wouldn’t be much of a ‘reward’ if she wasn’t grinning through most of it.
A grunt met her little quip, and he tensed those muscles a bit against her arm as if for good measure.
“It’s called ‘hard work’, and it ain’t somethin’ most mages know about. Calloused hands and chiseled muscles are just some of the perks.”
It was hard to tell, but he was joking right back at her - if you didn’t know him, you’d likely miss the tiny half smirk tilting one side of his mouth.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 09:36:12 pm »
"Whoa!" Yazuri let out a startled laugh when his muscles moved under her hand, and she gave his arm a little squeeze in return. "Haha, goodness! You're like a rock. Buuut I don't know that callused hands are much of a perk, Mikko!"

She flexed the fingers of her free hand. "I kind of like my hands all soft. And after today, yours will be soft, too. They're gonna file those calluses down and soak them in lotion and then you'll have lady hands!"

Yazuri grinned broadly at that, the thought of Mikko with 'lady hands' pretty hilarious to her. "And you'll smell all nice and flowery with pretty nails and everything. I wonder if they give pedicures there..." She nudged him. "You'd get a pedicure with me, right?"

Blue

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 08:39:00 pm »
“I know a few who might disagree.”
He mused, but didn’t elaborate on just what exactly he meant. It was probably better he not attempt to explain, as it was something of an…off color joke. Better to let that one go over her head.
Another snort left him at the thought of losing his rough hands, and he shifted a bit as they walked down the crowded streets toward the restaurant of choice.
“They’ll have ta’ fight me for em.” He muttered, but there was still that sense of humor lurking if one knew where to look. Though really, he wasn’t going to let them do too much damage to his hands - it was a hell of a thing to build them up, and they protected him from all the rough tasks out on the frontier.

Yazuri was clearly not content to leave it at that, and he finally turned his head to stare down at her, one eyebrow arched high.
“You tryin’ to make me regret this? None o’ that sounds the least bit pleasant.”
Still, as the rounded a corner and headed up to the front entrance of a rather well to do establishment, he opened the door with a sigh.
“Ain’t nobody gonna want to get that close to my feet, I promise ya that. Now git yer rump in here and let’s eat.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 08:14:14 pm »
And over her head it went. Yazuri gave Mikko a strange look but didn't press the issue, though she couldn't wrap around her head around why he liked them so much or why he'd fight to keep them. He was an odd one, that was for sure!

"Oh, don't knock it until you try it!" she said, heading through the door as he held it open for her. "You just gotta keep an open mind! You might find out you like it! Besides," she said with a frown, deciding to lay on the guilt a little, "it's not like it's torture. Not like getting pelted with balls."

Flashing a grin to show she was kidding--sort of--she skirted on ahead of him and let the hostess know they'd need a table for two. The lady fetched some menus, then did a double-take when she saw Mikko. But, gracefully, she recovered and motioned them both to their booth.

It was real fancy, a little lit candelabra on the table and everything, and the booth felt all private. Yazuri took her seat and flipped open the menu. "Thank you, by the way. This place is really nice!"

Blue

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 08:56:40 pm »
Oh a guilt trip was it? Thanks, but he’d already been guilted into dropping quite a bit of his money. He just gave her an arched eyebrow for her troubles, though their bantering air continued. Striding in behind her, and no longer having her on his arm, he hooked his thumbs into his pockets. The double-take didn’t much get a reaction from him - he was used to that sort of thing in the city. Normally he stuck out a bit, still looking as though he belonged on the frontier. He just hoped he was ‘dressed up’ enough for the likes of this place, if only for Yazuri’s sake.

Sliding into the booth across from his young charge, he flipped open the menu himself.
“Bah, don’t fret over it. Ya earned a treat, after all. Now, what sorta meat they got on this fancy pants menu.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 09:20:49 pm »
"Steak!" came Yazuri's enthusiastic reply. She spun her menu around and pointed out the 16 ounce steak, which came with a baked potato and mixed vegetables.

"Lots of steak! And chicken and pork, too, and I think I saw duck? But I want the steak. That one." She tapped her finger on the menu. Of course, she had no idea how big that steak was, but it sounded big and awesome and she wanted it!

Because she was hungry as heck after all that running!

She flipped to the beverage section, but saw only a lot of fancy wine and alcohol. "Think they have pop here?"

Blue

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 07:33:33 pm »
Both eyebrows arched in amusement as the lil’ girly across from him pointed out the biggest steak meal she could find the menu. Woman after his own heart eh? Nothing like a nice cut of beef to hit the spot.
“Good eye kid.”
He didn’t bother mentioning how curious he was to see how much of that she could actually fit into her stomach. Following her lead, he too flipped over the menu to purvey the drink selection. Were he not technically working, he might have indulged in some spirits. He was used to shitty frontier booze, but some of the options at these fancy places weren’t half bad.

“Mayhaps not, pretty swanky gig n all. Water won’t harm us none.”
Soon after he had placed their orders, as it was a rather simple ‘same for the both of us’ situation. He then settled back to relax and await their food. The atmosphere was somewhat dimly lit, to create what he supposed was supposed to be a more quiet ambiance or some such. The only sound other than the chattering of fellow diners was the soft music floating from somewhere slightly further down than their table - what would turn out to be a dance floor style area, with various pairs already swirling and swaying to the classy music.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal