Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Bell's Limits  (Read 358 times)

Anonymous

Bell's Limits
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »
[center:10safykz]PLAYER WANTS[/center:10safykz]

What types of plots are you interested in playing?
I love psychology, and I love personal interaction; I also love fish out of water and characters adapting to prejudice they wouldn’t otherwise have to face. I like characters with haunted pasts and I love characters who make so much sense unto themselves but whom other people can’t understand, and I love throwing them into different situations.

The one character I have has a lot of emotional scarring due to an absurd amount of alien culture I plotted out last night; I would be interested in exploring this if anyone else was interested. I’ve also signed him aboard the Sassy Juice, so I’m looking forward to space pirate adventures.

I am more science fiction oriented than I am fantasy; I know the game environment is a blend of both, but I’ll lean more heavily toward the sci-fi elements if left to my own devices.

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?
I have more information about this in the romantic limitations section, but I don’t do non-con. I’m fine with violence, but I’m not interested in sadism or pointless violence, so I’m not interested in a plot that involves killing lots of people for fun. People dying during plundering is a different story entirely, and I’m fine with that. The same goes for pointless torture (from a plot perspective).

How often can you reply to any given thread?
This varies depending on the RL stress and other commitments, as well as the number of threads I’m in. The short, nonspecific answer is “at least once a week” but it might be more rapid, like “once a day” or, I’m doing nothing today so I’m going to refresh the page every five minutes so if you’re online, possibly “once every ten minutes.”

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
I haven’t RPed over an instant messanger in a long time, but I would be up for it if someone wanted. Times are tricky, so PM me to work something out?

Are you open to post volleying?
Certainly, this can be fun, as long as I’m online to do it. The best way is to PM me about it to set it up. Or, if we both happen to be online to do it informally, just to back and forth until one of us disappears.

Anything else?
I can be a little shy, but I am friendly and I don’t bite. Also, I like random absurdity at times so if you want a lighthearted plot, I am happy to make this work for you.

[center:10safykz]PLAYER LIMITS[/center:10safykz]

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I don’t sweat the small stuff. If your character grabs mine, or taps him on the shoulder, or even pushes him out of the way of an oncoming vehicle, I don’t mind any of that because there wouldn’t be reaction time, and it doesn’t have long-range consequences. Similarly, you can trip him or get a hit or two in, but I’d like the ability to respond. Anything more than that, I prefer the opportunity to dodge; my character might not, but I’d like the opportunity.

If we agree ahead of time that my character is beaten to a pulp or knocked unconscious, disregard the above because I already had my opportunity to make arrangements.

How far can character injuries go?
Nothing fatal or permanent without serious negotiations with me in advance.

How far can torture go?
I wish I could be more specific here, but this varies on a case-by-case basis, and so in the end, please talk to me and follow the above rules about character injuries and permanency. I’ve done torture scenes before, and I’m not adverse to the notion of playing this, but I can’t give too many concrete answers right now.

That said, I do like unique things, aspects that might be torturous to an individual without being violent. Think of a dog whistle with someone who has enhanced hearing.

What about character death?
I usually stick to one character per game, so killing my character would leave me with nothing to do, so please don’t. If someone wants to do an attempted murder plot, I’ll talk about it, and might participate, but I’ll want ultimate decision over whether my character lives (spoiler alert: I’ll want him to live).

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
Please ask me. Playing the one character and all, if I had wanted to play a vampire or a werewolf, I would have chosen to make one at the onset. That doesn’t mean circumstances won’t change, but I like to have a say in all this.

What about healing?
Minor injuries can be healed without consent; major ones, again, I’d like to be asked first. If I consented to a major injury in the first place, it’s possible I wanted to keep it.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I realize that this isn’t romance, however, I don’t know where else to put this limitation: I don’t do non-con, either as the victim or as the aggressor; I know that this happens in real life, and I wish that it didn’t. I also understand that other characters are different from mine, but I’m extremely uncomfortable with participating in a scene like that.

That said, this isn’t a demand for only healthy relationships; I find unhealthy (e.g. obsessive, codependent) romantic relationships fascinating. So, definitely something can be worked out that doesn’t go as far as a non-con scene. (I also do drunken encounters.)

As for ERP, I like it to have plot and I do so on a case-by-case basis; I’m comfortable fading to black in all other situations where this might arise.

Additionally, I am LGBT-friendly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal