Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A little bit of bromance  (Read 2274 times)

Anonymous

A little bit of bromance
« on: December 21, 2011, 11:57:37 pm »
Being shot really sucked. At first it had been nice to not have to deal with all the crap from the mission, but being stuck in bed while his arm healed suuucked. Apparently the bullet had left shards in his arm and he had to have surgery to get them out. Which also sucked.

The drugs were nice, but they made him sleepy and constipated. Alaric was ready for something interesting to do and for a real bowel movement. He flopped against his pillow, pale and rumpled, his short hair sticking out at all angles.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: A little bit of bromance
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:55:10 am »
It seemed like no sooner was Alaric out of the hospital that he was right back in.

With a colorful unicorn plushie under one arm and a handheld game in the other hand, Gabriel followed the nurses directions until he reached Alaric's room. They had warned him that his friend would be pretty exhausted and, in kinder and more sterile terms, that he looked like shit, but he hadn't been seriously injured and that was what counted. Gabriel had panicked pretty badly when he'd heard his friend had been shot by freakin' terrorists until they'd been able to specify that if had only been in the arm and he'd be fine.

Still, he was at the hospital as soon as he was given the green light to visit--which was as soon as Alaric was out of surgery and off the anesthesia.

Stepping inside the room, Gabriel pulled up a chair next to Alaric's bed and plopped the unicorn onto his friend's chest so it was staring up at Alaric with its large, glassy eyes. "I saw him and thought of you," Gabriel said. "How ya feeling?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:58:44 am »
Alaric used his good hand to pick up the unicorn, looking him over, "He's pretty. I think I'm gonna name him...Dai." Alaric cuddled him to his chest and watched Gabe, thrilled to have his friend there. Gabe made things better, even if he just distracted Alaric from how bad things really were.

"I feel like shit. Which is ironic, as I can't shit. But the drugs aren't bad. Hurts like a mofo."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 11:07:06 am »
"Awww, Ally," Gabriel said, reaching over to pet his friend's hair. "You need me to bring you some prune juice or something? Oh! Which reminds me! Since I know it's probably boring as all hell here, I also brought you this."

He set the handheld on the bedside table. It already had a game in it, though Gabriel was going to let him find out which one. "Uh...if you can lift your arm. So...man...what happened?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 11:10:12 am »
Alaric's face lit up, "You beautiful, golden angel you." Alaric good hand snatched the handheld up and flipped it on. He glanced up at Gabe and gave him a wry grin, "Well, you know how it is. Can't really talk about it."

Which, he would tell Gabe the details later. But not in the hospital. Too many ears, "I apparently got fragments, so they had to do some extra surgery. Hopefully I'll be out of here soon."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 11:20:48 am »
"Eugh. That's always awesome. But hey, at least you'll get an awesome manly scar outta it, maybe?" Gabriel said with a grin, then peered at the game screen as he waited for the title screen to load, hoping this cheered Alaric up a little. It was a game he'd heard Alaric talking about forever, so what better time to grab it for him?

"Whatever happened, I bet you were all kinds of badass."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 11:23:04 am »
"I was so badass-OHMYGODYOUGOTIT!" Alarics squealed with delight, which jostled his arm and the delight quickly turned into pain. He fumbled the game and grabbed his upper arm with a small laugh, "Well, I got a little too excited there. But you totally got it! You are the bestest best friend ever!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 11:39:33 am »
"Careful!" Gabriel laughed, reaching out and patting Alaric's good shoulder. "So, wow, I take it I did bad? You hate it? Well, shucks, I better return it and get you something else!" he teased, and would have hugged Alaric if he wasn't so afraid of hurting his arm. Even though Alaric was big and pointy, he was also surprisingly fragile at times.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 11:41:51 am »
"Touch this game and I shall break your hand!" Alaric curled protectively around the game, baring his teeth at Gabe in a mock snarl.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 11:51:01 am »
"Whoa! Down, kitty!" Gabriel said, jerking his hand away in mock fear. "Don't make me get the spray bottle!"

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 11:52:17 am »
"I'll page the nurse and she'll come kick your ass!" Alaric grinned, still cuddling the game, "Did you get yourself the other version? So we can trade?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 12:01:45 pm »
"Is water wet? What kind of person would I be if I didn't get it?" Gabriel asked, looking appalled. "Of course I did! We can trade while you're stuck here. Not the same as WoW, maybe, but hey!"

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 12:03:43 pm »
"Speaking of, you better not grind without me. It sucks man, all this bed rest and no WoW! It's like pure torture." Alaric gave a dramatic sigh and flopped back onto the pillows, wincing again as he hurt his arm. It was hard remembering to be careful with it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:59 pm »
"Ally, I'm a lot of things but I'm certainly faithful. I would never sneak around and grind with other people not you," Gabriel said, lightly tousling Alaric's short hair. "It might feel good in the moment, but when the magic's faded and the levels have peaked, I'll just feel dirty. It's so not worth it."

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 12:08:42 pm »
"Good. Plus, I'll take you to the cleaners in the breakup." Alaric leaned into the touch, giving a contented sigh, "Thanks for visiting."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 12:11:50 pm »
"Exactly. You act like such a sweetie but I know better and I pity the guy that ever crosses you."

Gabriel smiled. "You feeling alright? Tired?"

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 12:13:51 pm »
Alaric lifted one eyebrow, "I suggest you don't ever have to find out firsthand lover." To Gabe's next question, he gave a small nod, "It's not too bad. The painkillers make me want to sleep a lot."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 12:18:17 pm »
"Which I'm sure is a good thing," Gabriel said.

He glanced to the door then back to Alaric. "You wanna sleep? I don't wanna keep you up, but I'lll stay as long as you want me to--or until the nurses kick me out," he added with a grin.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 12:29:17 pm »
"Not yet. I'm not that feeble." Alaric grinned and patted the bed, "Man, I feel like we were just doing this."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 12:31:50 pm »
"'Cause we are," Gabriel said, crawling into the small bed with Alaric. "What am I gonna do with you? Always getting banged up when I'm not looking."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal