Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Its Nice to Want Things  (Read 376 times)

Anonymous

Its Nice to Want Things
« on: October 18, 2011, 04:23:03 pm »
[center:26xe47hv]PLAYER WANTS[/center:26xe47hv]

What types of plots are you interested in playing?

Well I'm a huge fan of character change, which can occur in many way, from romance to adventure to slice of life to tragedy.  Note I said character change, not necessarily character growth.  A character can regress or even shrivel up and die and it can still make for fun storytelling and role playing.  For an example, examine the difference between two famous Natalie Portman movies, Where the Heart is and Black Swan.  The former is all about character growth, the latter is pure character death.  But both are character change.

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?

I cant really think of any right now, though in my experiences fight scenes are hard to do on forum RP's, so I tend to avoid them if I can.  

How often can you reply to any given thread?

Depends really.  Once a day is my goal, but work and family  often keeps me from it.  3-4 times a week is more likely.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?

No, thank you.  The main reason I like forum RP's is because of its asynchronous playstyle; I just don't have the uninterrupted blocks of time needed to RP over IM anymore.

Are you open to post volleying?

For the most part, again no, for the same reason as IM RP's.  On the super rare occasion find myself with the time for post volleying, I'll PM you.

Anything else?

Quality > Quantity. Every time.  I'm not concerned with word counts.  I don't believe in using 500 words where ten will do.  The flip-side of that is using only ten words where 500 is needed is damn near a sin.

Femslash is my first love.  RP some my why and I'll love you forever.

[center:26xe47hv]PLAYER LIMITS[/center:26xe47hv]

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

Common sense rules the day here.  If we're  having a heated arrangement, I'm probably expecting a slap or a blow, so don't assume I'm just going to stand there and tale it.  Conversely, if I round a blind corer and you knew I was coming there's not crap I can do to stop that blow to the stomach.  On the same wavelength, I'm playing as sixteen year old girl and you're a 500 year old demon from hell, its perfectly reasonable that you're going to curb-stomp me.  But regardless if its a slap or a cub-stomp, I do insist in being given a chance to react, even if the best I can do is run away or feebly kick you in the shins.  A good rule of thumb is no more than one or two actions in a post before I can get my reactions in.

How far can character injuries go?

Anything short of a lose of limb or organ is a ok.  

How far can torture go?
Pretty much the same as the injuries.  I'm more partial to mind breaking and psychological torture than any other kind, bit they aren't out of the question.  Also, take note of the characters in question.  A sheltered 20-something would be a lot more susceptible to  the horrors of sexual or regular torture than, say, a combat android.  Again, common sense in your friend.

What about character death?
Ask first.  And you better have a good reason for it.  On the off chance I want one to die, I'll let you know

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
As above.  Please ask first.  Unless you plan on turning one of them into a succubus.  The answer there is always yes.  Especially if I get me some tentacles in the process.

What about healing?

If the handicap is written in the characters profile, I want it to stay that way.  Otherwise, heal me up, doc!

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?

Now, how to answer this without sounding like a complete perv...

I'm cool with all portrayals of romance and sexuality.  Sweet and loving to twisted and abusive. And everything in between.  As I said waaaaay up at the top of this thing, I'm all about character change, and romance and sex will inevitably come up along the way.

I'm more than happy to play it out, but if your  more comfortable with fade to black, it wont hurt my feelings.  I adore morning-after scenes anyway, maybe even more than the sex scenes.  You can learn a lot about a person the next morning.  Random sexing is also cool with me, again depending on the character.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal