Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Limits, what limits?  (Read 266 times)

Anonymous

Limits, what limits?
« on: October 17, 2011, 05:24:10 am »
[center:22h98553]PLAYER WANTS[/center:22h98553]

What types of plots are you interested in playing?

Quite honestly? I'm a hopeless romantic, and I love to ship my characters. Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean said ships have to end in wedding rings and turtle doves - I think the most interesting relationships (to play, at least) are the ones which have some degree of maladjustment, tension, are fraught with difficulties or just emotionally hard on the people involved. It's always more interesting watching characters struggle to overcome differences than seeing a readymade couple slip into a natural romance (not that that can't be fun, too XD)!

Character torture makes my world go round. Adversity builds character! I don't believe in shielding my characters from harm. XD I have a keen amateur interest in psychology, and I'm always fascinated by an individual's responses to pain, trauma or misfortune. How do they cope with it? When the going gets tough, do the tough get going? How does it change them?

(That and I just like screwing with my characters. XD So if you'd ever like to help me use and abuse my babies, just ask!)

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?

Uh, it's hard to think of anything I would outright reject right off the top of my head. I like to try different things, I'll always be at least open to discussing a potential plot with you - because one person might make something work where another person could not - but if I don't like it, I will tell you so. XD

How often can you reply to any given thread?

Honestly? Pretty damn fast. I do go to college, but I'm an English major, so the workload's pretty light. Every so often there will be a barrage of tests or TERM PAPERS (my nemesis ;w; ), and my schedule will explode for a while, but otherwise, I'm online fairly regularly and could definitely manage a reply a day (maybe more if I was really interested in/inspired by the thread!).

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?

I am! You can find me on AIM, MSN and Gtalk. Gtalk is what I normally use, and I normally don't log into MSN at all since I have no friends on there, but if you let me know in advance I'll be there. :3

The one warning I have to give you is that I have absolutely no experience rping over IM clients. XD All my roleplay experience thus far has been on forums or threads. This doesn't mean I'm not willing to give it a shot - indeed, it sounds a lot faster, fun and more flexible than roleplaying in threads! - but you may have to put up with a few stumbles while I figure my way around. ^^;

Are you open to post volleying?

Oh yes, absolutely! Roleplaying is my drug, and I love it when a thread moves fast. As for setting it up, I guess you could always contact me via PM or IM client with a specific time? I live in IST, which is GMT+5:30, so coordinating might be a leetle difficult. o_o But I'm nocturnal!

Anything else?

I love character interaction, I love figuring out the complexities of a relationship, and most of all, I like to do this in tandem with my fellow roleplayers. So if you have any plot ideas at all, please, never shrink from PMing me! There's nothing I love more than plotting. :D

[center:22h98553]PLAYER LIMITS[/center:22h98553]

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

Hmm.

As long as the action in question is realistic within the context of the current scene, and is feasibly something that could be accomplished within a single post, I'd be absolutely okay with it. Constantly asking permission for small things can slow down a thread like nothing else. Conversely, unexpected twists and turns do make a thread interesting. That being said, if you're trying to do something long drawn-out, you're going to have to break off and give me chances to react in-between.

How far can character injuries go?

I'd be okay with fairly severe injuries provide they are a) not ultimately life-threatening, and b) not permanently crippling, or disfiguring. Anything severe enough to be either of those things, you should ask me first. XD

How far can torture go?

This will depend heavily on who I'm roleplaying with, whose character my character is being roleplayed with, and the context of the scene. XD Chances are if we got into a scene intense enough to involve torture to begin with, we'll have discussed it over PMs (I do like to plot and plan!). If not, the same rules as above apply - as long as it's not permanently disfiguring, crippling, or life-threating, or just tremendously disfiguring, I'm probably okay with it.

What about character death?

Ask me first, please. >.> A lot of effort goes into the creation of a character, and while I might not be opposed to killing them off depending on the context, I'd definitely want you to run it by me first.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?

Again, ask me first, as this is something that could radically change what a character is all about.

What about healing?

Depends on what's being healed - if it's minor, go for it. If it's a major injury, the kind that would have a large impact on the character's personality, then chances are I had them injured on purpose and the injury is important to a plot. o: So in such a situation, ask me first.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?

I honestly don't have a lot of limits here! Content that a lot of people would label both mature and very explicit is A-okay with me (I will, of course, not introduce it without ensuring that you are also okay with it first). XD Sexual powerplay, fetishes, S and M, bondage and such would also be fine with me, though they would have be realistically congruent with the personality of the character I was playing at the time.

That being said, the one thing I do insist on in a sex scene is that it feel natural - because there are few things more cringe-worthy than badly-written sex scenes. xD So I'm not going to force a lot of explicit stuff into a scene if it doesn't feel natural. A lot of the time, a fade-to-black is the most graceful thing you can do - elegant and understated.

Rape, abuse and what-have-you is also A-okay with me - in fact, I love character torture, remember? XD - though you should probably ask me before you go and do that to my character (chances are I'll be delighted to say yes!). Of course, this doesn't include smut for smut's sake. If at all possible, I'd prefer the traumatic event fit into a larger context, or serve a larger purpose, such as the development of a particular relationship in a particular direction. If nothing else, I will insist on realistically following up with the emotional consequences of such an event, and the effect it will have on my character's relationship with the other character. XD
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal