Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I didn't mean to get you high...  (Read 1478 times)

shinigamikitsune

I didn't mean to get you high...
« on: October 02, 2011, 02:42:07 am »
After the interrogation, Dante had gone down to the infirmary in order to be checked out as well, just in case there had been something slipped into his drink as well. It was more a precaution, since he didn't know how his mind and body would react to visions, if one hit him while there was narcotics within his body. He'd rather be safe, then sporting the mother of all migraines, or tripping out to the most visually confusion visions, he'd ever had... or who knows what.

It turned out that there had been only trace amounts of the drug within his system, since he'd only had a couple sips of his drink.

Late afternoon of the next day, he went to go and check on Gabe. He tried to dress more casually, though he needed to wear his deep red long jacket. He also carried a nice wooden box with him, that was 2 inches high, and 4 inches wide and 8 inches long. There was a red ribbon tied around it, with a bow.

Dante took a deep breath and knocked on Gabe's door.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: I didn't mean to get you high...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 12:18:41 pm »
Gabriel had gotten home only a half hour before after spending the day at the hospital with Alaric. He'd only left when Alaric fell back asleep and the doctors kicked him out as visiting hours were over. Reluctantly, he'd returned.

He was sprawled out on his couch in a baggy shirt and boxers, flipping through channels, unable to sleep and feeling pretty depressed (they said it was a side-effect from coming off the drug, something about serotonin levels trying to normalize again, and he figured being stressed about Alaric didn't help), when a knock at the door made him jump. Eh? he hadn't been expecting anyone, but maybe it was news or who knows what.

Rising to his feet and snagging a pair of sweat pants, he headed for the door and cracked it open. "Hello--oh." He blinked in surprise when when he saw Dante, who...was probably the last person he expected ever.

He slid the door open more. "Oh. Hey. What's up?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 01:09:37 pm »
"Hello," he said softly. Gabe looked like a mess, which was to be expected considering the night he'd just had.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing, and to apologize for last night." Dante felt responsible for what had happened the night before, since if he hadn't invited Gabe to come listen to him play, then he and Alaric would not have been slipped those drugs.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:13:40 pm »
"Wha?" Gabriel blinked in confusion. "Apologize for what? You weren't the doucheweasel that roofied us."

He paused for a moment, felt it was a little rude to keep talking through the door, and after a moment he opened it wider. "Doin' alright, anyway, kinda...got the side-effect junk going on. They said it was E and it like made my hormones all whacked out. Anyway, you wanna come in?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 01:19:21 pm »
"I know... but I had asked you to come listen to me play. If I hadn't, then neither you nor Alaric would have been drugged," he said sadly.

Dante nodded when Gabe opened the door more, and he stepped inside. "Thanks... also, this is for you," he said, and offered Gabe the wooden box.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 01:27:11 pm »
"Shiznit happens," Gabriel said with a dismissive shrug. "It was my fault more than yours. I should've been more aware. Whatever, it doesn't really matter anymore."

Ugh, he was coming down off that crap hard, feeling moody and down. He hated that. Normally he could hide it better under a chipper facade, but right now he was too tired--and pissed, at the entire situation--to try. He moved out of the way to let Dante enter, and when the guy showed him the box, his eyebrows climbed.

A...gift? That was...kind of odd. He wasn't the one in the hospital and he didn't know Dante all that well.

He felt a little awkward accepting it, not quite sure what to say. "Oh, uh...you didn't have to," he managed, and blinked. "What is it?"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 01:49:55 pm »
"I wanted to though," he softly. "They're almond shortbread cookies... home made by my mom, so they are tasty." He felt a little sheepish being here, but he really wanted to make sure that Gabe was alright.

"I'm going to be taking some to Alaric tomorrow, when I go to visit him. He should be moved from the hospital to the Pilot infirmary by then."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 01:56:15 pm »
Ohh, okay, well that made more sense. Gabriel shut the door behind them and moved into the room, setting the box down on the coffee table. "Oh, well, sweet. Thanks! Yeah, I just got back from seeing him. He's still not good, but he's stable."

He flopped back onto the couch. "So, yeah, I'm not really doing much right now. Just sorta chillin', was told I should take it easy until the drug clears outta my system. Did they find out anything about the whole Syn debacle?"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 02:43:01 pm »
Dante moved in, and took a seat on an empty part of the couch. "I haven't heard anything yet, at least not anything conclusive. Though I did find out that my drink had been drugged as well."

He frowned at the thought, "I went to get checked out, and they did find traces of the drug in my system. It could have been really bad for me as well if I'd finished my first drink. I would have been wide opened to any sort of unsummoned vision that came my way.... I don't even want to think about what that would have done to me."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 03:05:08 pm »
Gabriel jerked his head around to give Dante an incredulous look, jaw dropping. "Are you serious? It could have been bad for you? Dude, I was tripping balls. I was getting visions and I'm not even a fucking precog and Alaric? He almost DIED!"

Could have been bad? Could have? Well it wasn't! Maybe he was feeling extra moody and touchy right now, but seriously! Dante had come out fine and here he was moaning about what could have happened while he and especially Alaric had experienced the full effect of the drug? Screw that!

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »
Dante flinched when Gabe yelled at him. He didn't mean for it to sound as though he was complaining about what might have happened. Why was interacting with people so hard?

"I know that he could have died. I was right there when the paramedics took him out, with T'liika on top of him, having stopped both of their time so that Alaric wouldn't die on the trip to the hospital. I wanted nothing more then to be able to do something to help either of you... but the best I could do was be taken to the interigation room and be questioned for a few hours." His voice was soft, and his eyes down cast to the floor.

"What's the point of being a precog, if I can't even get a vision in time to help people?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 03:33:46 pm »
Gabriel stared at Dante for a long moment. For nearly a minute he was silent, expression blank.

Finally, he sprawled back against the arm of the couch and rubbed his forehead. "Am I still high?"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 04:18:41 pm »
"I should hope not," he said when Gabe finally spoke again. "Though you might be feeling the after effects for another day or two."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 09:50:22 pm »
"What? I know that. That's not what I--ah, never mind." Gabriel let out a sigh. He more meant the...random paraphrasing of an event he had been a witness and player in. It was bizarre. "I don't need a play-by-play, man. I was there. Mostly there. Let's just...let's not talk about it anymore, alright?"

It was pissing him off way too much and that was the last thing he needed right then.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 10:17:18 pm »
"Right... sorry..." he said softly again. "I just... I don't know what to do... and I feel powerless... and if I feel like this, then I can't even imagine how you or Alaric are feeling... and all I'm doing right now is making it worse, which is the complete opposite of what I want to do.... but I don't know what I can do, or even if there is anything...."

Dante just shook his head with a deep sigh, then rubbed his temples. "I'll shut up now."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 01:34:12 pm »
"Uhhh...yeah. I think that's a good idea," Gabriel said after another long pause, rubbing at his temples. Because right now? This was the last thing he needed. He'd just gotten done visiting Alaric and trying to cheer him up, felt emotionally drained--mostly from the drug, but probably also from the sense of violation and stress and fear--and really, at this point, all he wanted was to curl up and get distracted. Really, that was why he let Dante in. He didn't know him, but he was a distraction.

...A really crappy distraction. Because here Dante was feeling sorry for himself (and he hadn't even gotten all the fun effects of the damned drug!) when all Gabriel wanted right now was to feel sorry for himself and be told it was okay and blah blah blah. It was really starting to piss him off.

"Unless you just came here to whine. Because seriously, I kind of don't wanna talk about it right now, so can we not?"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 07:34:13 pm »
"Of course... I'm sorry for even bringing it up," he said softly. "I suppose I'm not all that great at conversations, unless it has to do with work, dragons, music, visions, weapons, or a mix of any of those topics."

It was an attempt to try and change the subject.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 12:56:00 pm »
"Er..." Bad attempt at changing the subject. Gabriel stared at him, mouth slightly open. Seriously, had he just come here to be pitiful at him?

"How...about...uh, music? So, what bands do you like?"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 01:12:19 am »
Thankfully Gabriel was taking pity on him now, and he went with it. "I mostly like classical music, as you've probably already guessed. But there are some modern bands that I like, and wouldn't mind collaborating with, if given the chance to do so," he said with a smile.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal