Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Special delivery! [Moonie!]  (Read 5044 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Special delivery! [Moonie!]
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 02:03:08 pm »
"It's not really shocking that you match. It's shocking that you coordinate your lingerie with your clothing," Dakota said with a laugh, watching her struggle. "I would have never thought, what with all your poo-pooing fashion and all that. Ah, here! Let me."

He moved around the counter then, lightly swatted her hands out of the way, and grabbed hold of the edges of the fabric. "See, you cross it over like this, then wrap it around again and one more time! Then you tie it off at the side like this--or the front or back if you want, but it can be kind of difficult to tie it in the back without help without making the bow look totally stupid. Plus it looks cute like this."

Smiling, he took a step back to survey his work, then reached out to tug here and there at the fabric, adjusting it and covering any gaps. When he was done, he looked her up and down and beamed happily.

"There! Look at that. You look really lovely in this!"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 03:04:40 pm »
Summer could admit that she hardly played the part of a fashionista of any kind, but that didn’t mean she didn’t like to make herself look presentable, or be prepared should certain situations crop up. “Why wouldn’t I? I know I don’t get dressed up very often, be when I do I’m going to do it right.”

With exasperation she moved her hands out of the way and let him help her properly wrap the shirt about her lithe torso. She did watch as he showed her how it was supposed to go. It wasn’t the first time someone had tried to show her how it went. Her ex-mentor, who had gotten her the shirt to begin with, had attempted to teach her how to wrap it.

“Do I? Good, that’s kind of the point. Never know, out at the mall, could run into a really dashing stud.” Her smirk was almost wicked as she joked about it. When was the last time she had actually “picked up” someone? It was hard to even say. “Anyway, clothes look good, then? On to the hair. I can’t believe I’m going to let you touch my hair.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 11:16:46 am »
"Oh, yes! For you? It would be easy. And who doesn't dream of being picked up by a Pilot?" Dakota said, and added with a teasing wink, "I know I do!"

Taking her by the arm, he guided her into the bathroom and motioned for her to sit on the toilet. "Face me," he said, and then went about rummaging through her drawers and medicine cabinet for hair product. "Mm, we're going to have to update your stuff here! I have some this amazing texturizing paste that nourishes the hair while it styles it. It's wonderful. Doesn't weigh the hair down at all and makes it so soft and shiny! But I suppose we'll just have to make do for now."

He sprayed some mousse into his hands. "We'll just have to pick some things up at the salon while we're out!"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 01:53:26 pm »
“You do? Why? Pilots are sadistic assholes. Just look at me. That should be enough to scare someone of Pilots forever.” Summer was only half joking as he led her towards the bathroom. 

Taking a seat, she watched him rummage through her things, not really worried about it. Someone else going through her things might have ended up with some broken fingers, but she had kind of brought this on herself by agreeing to let him do her hair. Plus it was Dakota.

“The salon…” She could only give him a skeptical look. Did he actually think she would do any of this to her own hair? The only reason the mousse was even being used was because he was the one using it on her.  “You are not talking me into buying a bunch of useless junk that I won’t even use, just telling you now.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 10:37:46 am »
"I don't know. Some people like a little excitement in the bedroom," Dakota said, completely straight faced and serious. "So the added element of danger--though a safe kind of danger--can be especially spicy to them."

He rubbed his hands together to evenly spread the mousse over his fingers before he ran them through Summer's hair and began teasing the strands.

"And it's not useless junk! In fact., I bet once you see the things it can do for you, you'll be sold! Especially since this is easy stuff. So easy even you can do it, and without a beautician's degree nor license! Really, there's no excuse, because it takes like five seconds of your time, and you've got such an easy style to work with. There!"

Pulling back, Dakota smiled at her and his handiwork. He'd gone for the "sexily and stylishly tousled" look and, if he did say so himself, it suited her wonderfully.

"Why don't you take a look in the mirror now. Tell me what you think!"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »
Summer was half-tempted to ask what kind of ‘excitement’ Dakota was interested in when it came to the bedroom. She thought better of it, though. Satisfying her own curiosity wasn’t worth the harassment she would end up enduring if she encouraged him even unintentionally.

It took effort to hold still while he teased at her hair. It felt weird having anyone messing with her hair; even she didn’t fool with her hair. Washing and brushing were about the extent of her concern. He finished and suggested that she take a peek in the mirror.

“You’re such a girl, Dakota.” She teased, although she kind of meant it at the same time. The candidate was certainly more girlie than her, at the very least. Moving in front of the sink she peered at herself in the mirror over the sink. Turning her head one way and then the other she gave a satisfied nod. “Not bad, looks like it’s all still there, and here I was worried.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 12:01:10 pm »
Dakota laughed. "Hey, so are you!" he said with his usual perky smile, completely unfazed by the remark. "Nothing wrong with being a girl! Girls have better clothes, anyway."

Which he often wore. Because he found mens' clothing rather dull and boring. What did guys have? Oh, shirts. Pants. Shorts. How dull. But women had it all, everything men had plus skirts and dresses and all that fun stuff, and gender roles could go bugger off!

Turning to the sink, Dakota rinsed the sticky remainders of the mousse off his hands. "Aww, I wouldn't make you go bald! Promise! You have such nice hair, that'd be a shame. Now, you said it's 'not bad', but do you like it?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 01:21:34 pm »
Summer scoffed. “You’re more of a girl than I am, and I’m the one with the breasts.”

She opened her make-up box and pulled out a few items and began to do her make-up as Dakota rinsed off his hands. With a hum she didn’t answer right away, leaving him in suspense. She knew he wanted to hear her say that he had done good with her hair. He’d wanted to be a beautician before being recruited to the program

“It looks good, not that I’m really big on making myself up. Next time I have a hot date I'll be sure to cal you first so you can fix it.” Summer rarely put this much effort into her appearance. Except right now, because they were going out and she really did want to look good. Considering how crappy she felt, maybe looking good would make up for it a little.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 12:27:37 pm »
"...She says as she paints her face," Dakota said with a little laugh, taking a seat on the toilet seat to wait and watch as Summer prettied herself--and as he waited an answer to his question.

Which she was taking her sweet time in providing.

Just when he was about to repeat it, just in case she'd forgotten, she answered, and Dakota smile brightened. "Good!" he said, then added slyly, "And weeeell, if you want to get technical, what with you getting all dressed up and us going out on the town it kinda is like a hot date!"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 12:49:47 pm »
“You paint your nails…” She quipped right back. Really, if he was into that, then that was his business, she really didn’t care if he liked wearing skirts or dresses, as long as he wore his uniform when it was appropriate. Still she did poke at him with it all, but it wasn’t hostile, just teasing.

His comment about it being a hot date this afternoon about had her poke her eye out with her eyeliner pencil. Luckily she narrowly escaped a painful accident. Blinking a couple times as she examined her eyes to make sure her make-up looked good, she shrugged slightly and picked up a nice red lipstick and put it on.

“I don’t think of it as a hot date, but people can and will think whatever they want.” Policing a person’s every thought was too exhaustive a task even for their military. Done with the lipstick she put everything back into the box and turned to Dakota, smirking. “Well, how does the finished product look?”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 06:08:51 pm »
"I do!" Dakota proudly agreed, wiggling his fingers at her to show her that they were indeed painted--alternating pastel blue and pink and perfectly clean and manicured. He had done them the night before, though he feared they wouldn't last long. It was an unfortunate side-effect of his job that he tended to demolish his nails as soon as he'd prettied them up.

"I could do yours, too! Oh. Careful with that pencil. Are you okay? Sorry if I'm distracting you!"

Soon she had finished, though, and when she turned to face him and asked his opinion, he curled his fingers into the "OK" sign and held up his hand. "You look fabulous! Absolutely ravishing! You'll fill many a person with many a dirty thought tonight, so I'd keep your shields sealed tight!"

With another teasing wink, he rose to his feet. "Well! Shall we get our hot date started, then?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 09:01:01 pm »
 Summer just smirked as Dakota so proudly showed off his painted nails. She was not letting him paint hers, knowing him he’d take on close look at her hands and want to give her an entire manicure. That was just going to take up way too much time.

Instead she had finished her make-up and grinned as he described her as ravishing. Well she didn’t usually care if she was stunning or not, but when she wanted to dress up, well…she cleaned up rather good if she did say so herself.

She rolled her eyes at his statement, but smiled anyway.

“One hot date, yep. Let’s do this. Hair clips and lunch, right? You sure know how to show a girl a great time. I just can’t understand how you could have not had another date and needed to use a fill-in like me.” She chuckled slightly.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2013, 04:15:23 pm »
"A fill-in? You?" Dakota clicked his tongue and shook his head. "That just won't do. I just can't abide you putting yourself down like that! You better watch it, because every time you put yourself down, you get a makeover! Starting now! Next insult earns you a pedicure."

Only Summer would be so opposed to pampering, which amused the crap of him. "I know, I know. 'Oh no! Not a pedicure! Anything but that! Don't let him massage my feet!' Complete and utter torture, I am a cruel sadist like that. Watch your step!"

Stepping out of the bathroom, he offered her his arm. "Shall we do lunch or shopping first?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 05:08:45 pm »
“Is that so? Well, I had better start being nicer to myself. Can’t go ruining my carefully groomed image as a hard ass by letting you make me all soft. Not to mention the wasted time.” Amusement flickered in her green eyes.

Every insult earned her a make-over, eh? There was no way that Dakota could enforce such a declaration, but it amused her greatly. Maybe she’d have to take him up on that. Next day off, just call him and start berating herself about everything she could think of and have him come right on over and watch him treat her to a free spa experience.

She eyed the offered arm, then shrugged and linked her own arm around his. Why not? She already looked ridiculous. “Hmm, surprise me. I really don’t care. I just want to get shopping over with so I can come back here and crash.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 11:02:33 am »
"Crash? Oh, we'll have to get coffee along the way, then! It's too lovely a day to waste it sleeping," Dakota said.

Not that most days weren't lovely in Haviah, considering the domes and perpetual lack of weather.

Arm linked with hers, Dakota lead the way out of Summer's apartment and, once again, into the elevator. He hit the button that would take them to the upper level; Dakota had come from the upper caste and so was quite familiar with it, and he had missed it terribly after spending so much time locked up in the ATC. It really was liberating being able to visit it again.

"Alright! So here's the plan. We'll grab some coffee, knock the shopping out of the way, and then settle down for a nice lunch after we've worked up our appetites with all that hardcore walking around and looking at things! As for the place, that'll be a surprise. I know some great spots."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 06:16:44 pm »
Too lovely of a day? It was always pleasant in Haviah. Not to mention she had been awake since the previous morning, or did he not realize that? Summer rolled her eyes. Well, they would go out and when they got back, he really couldn’t tell her how to spend the rest of the day. Not that he could actually tell her what to do now.

She walked arm and arm with him, listening to the plan for the day as they rode the elevator. She grinned as he talked about it. Leave it to Dakota to make something boring (shopping) sound even mildly interesting. At least he was sure to keep her entertained.

“Oooooooh, a surprise huh? Sounds great. You know how I just love surprises.” Actually Summer hated surprises. Surprises were nothing but trouble most of the time. Then again, how bad of a surprise could lunch be? “Well at least you get to be the subject of all the envy of the masses as they watch you walk around with me on your arm and get all jealous.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 10:21:52 pm »
"Oh, yeah!" Dakota agreed. "Got my arm candy right here. Is that what they call it? Arm candy? No, that sounds wrong, and doesn't make sense..." He furrowed his brow, then shrugged it off. "Ah, well, you know what I mean! Maybe if we're lucky it'll cause a scandal and we'll get on the news

Soon they had reached their floor, and Dakota lead the way out and into the city. There was a large mall across the way, over the sky bridge, and that was where Dakota headed.

"Don't worry, the restaurant isn't in the food court. It's far classier than that," he told Summer as they walked through the automatic doors. "Ah, now, hair clips! There we are!"

Tugging Summer along, he brought her into a cute little accessory shop where everything was bright and colorful and sparkly. Also, almost everything had a face. There were decorations of smiling cupcakes and happy fruits, of kittens and puppies and even penguins. They even sold stationary of it. Smiling, Dakota waved to the clerk who was clearly familiar with him. "This is like my favorite place."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 10:28:55 am »
 “Yeah, they call it arm candy, but I never got it either.” Summer shrugged, smirking at his comment about causing a scandal and getting in the news. “Pilots are in the news all the time, no big deal. Although what could we possibly do that would be scandalous at the mall? It’s impossible to get a real rise out of these people.”

She made a face at the very mention of the food court. “It had better be. Take a girl on a hot date and go the food court? Might as well put a big sign on your forehead that says cheap date.”

She blinked as she was dragged into the shop. Faces, faces everywhere. Summer assumed it was supposed to be adorable. She found it kind of creepy. When he declared it was one of his favorite places she could only give him a flat look. “Of course it is, suits you great.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 03:42:18 pm »
"Yeah, it does, huh?" Dakota happily agreed. He headed over to a display of hair clips and turned the display until he found a series of clips based on various rice ball and dumpling concoctions. They were adorable! And right next to them was a series of cupcakes and pastries! And were those little tofu puppies?

"Oh my gosh, look at these!" Dakota exclaimed, holding up the tofu puppies. "Aren't these adorable? But I really like the cupcakes, too, though I have a million cupcake themed things so I should really stop. But I like cupcakes, they're too cute. And what do you think of the earrings?" He held up a matching set, little tofu puppies dangling from them.

"Or maybe the little lemons...yellow is such a fun color. I don't know! Summer!"

He let out a sigh and held up his selections. "Which ones?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 04:16:05 pm »
Summer felt insanely out of her element here. The last time she had worn anything cutesy had been when she wasn’t old enough to dress herself. Once she’d been able to pull her own clothes on she had refused to wear the silly, frilly things her mother had always loved putting her into. She hated feeling like someone’s doll. Then again, she had always been an insanely independent child.

She poked around a bit, looking at a few of the different displays while Dakota gushed over whatever it was he found. Her green eyes were drawn over as he tried to show her the tofu puppy earrings. Did he just ask her for advice on what to buy here? There probably wasn’t a least qualified person on the planet to help him choose what to buy in this store.

“Uh…the puppies? I guess. If you’ve got a million cupcakes don’t get more. I wouldn’t get any of them, but that’s just me.” There really wasn’t anything in the store that truly interested her. This was just a bunch of cheap, sparkly junk. Of course she didn’t tell Dakota that, because she knew he would just argue that she was wrong.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal