Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A Bear's Limits  (Read 285 times)

Anonymous

A Bear's Limits
« on: September 22, 2011, 07:47:26 pm »
[center:2t0vrir8]PLAYER WANTS[/center:2t0vrir8]

What types of plots are you interested in playing?
Its always a case by case basis so its easier to talk about what I don't like. However, I do want to contribute to the board by starting small scale battle plots showcasing the struggle between two factions/nations.  

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?
I did my time in star wars RP's and I can tell you i'm not fond of egotistical fleet battles (I got more ships than YOU), and one on one fights where no one is willing to lose. You stack the odds against me, and you write better, you're going to win. I'd just like the same courtesy. Ultimately even in fighting we all just want to have fun.

How often can you reply to any given thread?
Right now I wager I can do one post at least once per day to 2 days.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
Unfortunately no, I'm going back to forums because I don't have the time commitment to instant messenger anymore. If something happens one day that gives me spare time, I'll notify interesting parties.

Are you open to post volleying?
This is possible on an off day if I have nothing going on at home, but its more than likely going to be a moot point. You never know though.

Anything else?
Not right now

[center:2t0vrir8]PLAYER LIMITS[/center:2t0vrir8]

What are your limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
Some things require absolute actions, and you certainly wouldn't baby every post for the sake of  moving the story along. However, in fighting I religiously post attempts and expect my opponent to do the same. I won't stab you but rather stab at you. Then its up to you to weigh the odds stacked against you and give me my fair due of hits just as I would for you. If anyone just suddenly ups and stabs me without giving me a chance to respond, would likely get the results of their actions ignored. Example: You stab me in the gut, spilling my blood on the floor. On my post I simply dodge the attack, and strike out at you in return.

How far can character injuries go?
As I stated in the post above you'd ideally make the attempt to hit me and i'd respond with the result. As such i'll be more than reasonable with injuries as they come.

How far can torture go?
If you had me in a position of torture, then unlike what I mentioned before i'd obviously have no way of dodging attacks, or responding to attempts as my char would be helpless. So this would be a big exception to the fighting rule, but I'd still rather be approached about this on a case by case basis to set a guideline on how far to go based on the story.

What about character death?
NPC's aren't a big deal at all as long as you're not just obnoxiously cutting down trained soldiers like they were children in waves of hundreds at a time. That being said my characters have a lot of work behind them so I can't just off them left and right. Any deaths i'd want to be justified and honestly glorious or meaningful. Just get in touch with me.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
Eh just get in touch with me on this. I likely won't want to be transformed, but you never know.

What about healing?
Knock yourself out on fresh flesh wounds, but old scars are symbols, and its unrealistic to just grow back missing organs.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
Romances can go all the way, but it needs to fade to black before anything gets to graphic. I won't take that to IM's as I'm pretty much a married man now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal