Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Late night noodles  (Read 15613 times)

Offline Tally

Re: Late night noodles
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2012, 04:19:43 pm »
"Silly, everyone in Aedolis has a maid to do that for them.  Gosh."

Temple washed up the plates, set them to dry, and put the remaining food in the fridge.  He wanted that couch more than anything right now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2012, 04:34:07 pm »
"And here I thought maybe ya had to chant to the dragons or some shit," Cyrus said with a roll of his eyes. The maid thing, though...honestly, with what he'd heard about Aedolis, he wasn't sure whether Temple was joking or not. He certainly acted like someone used to a lot more luxury than they had down here.

He waited for Temple to finish up his work, leaning on the counter, and it was only when he was done that he spoke up, giving voice to something that had been weighing on his mind the last few hours.

"When you're done there, I wanted to talk to ya about somethin'," he said. "See whatcha think. Just some thoughts I had."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2012, 04:41:24 pm »
Temple's eyebrows shot up.  Cyrus sounded so serious, more solemn then Temple had ever heard him sound before.  They didn't often have conversations like this, conversations without the buffer of stupid nicknames and complaining.

"What is it?  Should I be worried?"  He gave it an eighty percent chance of being something really bad.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2012, 04:46:51 pm »
"Huh? Ah, no. Nah. Nothin' bad, I don't think." Cyrus shrugged, feeling strangely awkward now. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"I was just thinkin', if I'm gonna teach ya shit, it'll be a pain in the ass if you're all the way over there." He paused and glanced at Temple to see if he was with him so far.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2012, 04:52:44 pm »
"Yeeeah?"  Temple leaned forward.  This was going somewhere interesting.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2012, 05:10:20 pm »
Cyrus looked away when Temple leaned forward, focusing on a neutral spot on the wall. "And, well, I was thinkin' it might be easier if ya were closer," he continued, awkwardness increasing.

"Ya know. Like, ya did a good thing today. Figured that might be enough to maybe get ya outta that facility..."

Offline Tally

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2012, 05:53:10 pm »
"Fuck yes!"  Temple threw his arms around Cyrus.  Stupid, maybe.  Awkward, definitely.  He couldn't help himself!  He pulled back a second later and grabbed Cyrus by the shoulders so he could shake him.

"That's fantastic, I'm going crazy in that place!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2012, 06:30:48 pm »
Cyrus stiffened and went very still when Temple suddenly hugged him, arms like boards at his sides, because for a second he didn't know what to do. He found himself both completely taken aback by the kid's candid joy and also a little...happy.

Aw, fuck, he had gone soft as hell.

He snapped out of it when Temple started to shake him and, with a grunt, grabbed his arms. "Whoa, now, hold on! Slow down. I'm just sayin' it might be enough. Might be a possibility. I don't know yet. I gotta talk to some folks so...don't go gettin' your hopes up too much, alright?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »
"Too late!"

He did settle down, in spite of his words.  The jittery excitement didn't leave him, he just contained it.

"If it falls through you might have to put up with me crying on your couch.  But it won't!  Seriously, do you know how much pull you have in that place?  You should hears some of the things people think about you.  They're pretty impressed."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2012, 08:43:06 pm »
That made Cyrus straighten up with interest and he looked at Temple sidelong. As much as he knew better, he couldn't help but ask, "Like what?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2012, 09:42:49 pm »
"Oh, y'know..."  Temple shrugged.  "How a lot of the guys are jealous of you, they can't believe you go out alone into the subterrain, that kind of thing.  Some of them are angry cuz they're too chickenshit to go topside or out past Teinar.  And your superiors, they think of you whenever they think of someone who can get things done."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2012, 10:34:35 pm »
"Really..." That was news to him. Jealous, huh? Someone who could get things done? Cyrus felt his ego inflating as a grin spread across his face. He hadn't thought any of that was anything special, really. He just saw a job and went and did it, that was all--wait.

He gave a sudden jerk, looked at Temple, and released his arms when he realized he was still gripping them. Then he took a step back and cleared his throat. "Ya really shouldn't be readin' peoples' minds, ya know."

Offline Tally

« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2012, 11:39:36 pm »
Temple hadn't really noticed Cyrus was still holding onto him until he let go.

"Yeah."  He shrugged and grinned.  "But aren't you glad you know that stuff?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2012, 02:34:42 am »
"Whatever I think, readin' thoughts is still bad! That's private shit. Ya gotta respect that. Anyway, yeah, that's what I wanted to talk to ya about," Cyrus said, scratching the back of his head and aiming for a neutral expression.

"Figure I'll talk it over when I take ya back tomorrow. If all goes well, ya won't have to stay there another night."

Offline Tally

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2012, 05:46:17 pm »
Temple nodded emphatically.  He wasn't feeling all that sleepy anymore.  This conversation had put all kinds of excitement and ideas in his head.

And he'd be reading the minds of Cyrus's superiors, and giving him tips tomorrow on how to convince them.  He just wouldn't tell Cyrus he was going to do it until it was done.

"And uh..."  He shrugged, and it was his turn to feel awkward.  "Y'know, thanks."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2012, 06:11:03 pm »
"Don't thank me yet," Cyrus said, frowning and looking off to the side. "Dunno if it'll even work. So. Yeah. That was it."

He'd said his piece and now things were weird and he wasn't sure where to go from there. Never had been good with this shit. Maybe he shouldn't have even said anything at all yet? Kid looked so thrilled now, it would be a shame if this didn't go through.

"Well. You're probably wantin' to get some shut-eye now, huh?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2012, 06:20:15 pm »
"Yeeeeah, I was tired.  Now you got me all excited.  Don't think it'll last though.  Once I hit the couch I'll probably be out."

The change of subject gave him an excuse to break away and head back into the living room area, where he fell back onto the couch with a sigh.  He couldn't imagine sleeping just then, but kinda figured that once he actually closed his eyes his body would remember how exhausted it was.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2012, 06:38:50 pm »
Temple hit the couch, and Cyrus headed off to his bedroom closet to gather up a few things. An extra blanket. A pillow. He bunched them up in his arms, headed back into the living room, and dumped them onto Temple's chest.

"Here ya go. I'll see ya in the mornin'."

Offline Tally

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2012, 09:48:01 pm »
Temple let his eyes drift shut for a moment, but heard Cyrus returning.  A pillow and everything?  He did care!

"Thanks."  He caught the stuff and pretty much did what he'd wanted to do when he'd finished eating—slumped over right where he was and closed his eyes.  Just as he'd thought, exhaustion caught up with him fast, and he was asleep in no time at all.

As the hours drew on toward morning—or what counted for morning in Teinar—he grew more restless and wakeful, a result of sleeping in a strange place.  He awoke well before Cyrus but just lay on the couch with his eyes closed, enjoying the quiet and the comfort.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2012, 10:22:22 pm »
Some hours after Temple, Cyrus woke from a dreamless sleep. He'd slept like the dead, and still felt a little dead even after a solid nine hours, judging by the nightstand clock.

He could have laid there longer, but there was a lot to do and he couldn't keep Temple too long, anyway, before people started asking questions. With a yawn and a groan, he forced himself out of bed and headed into the living room, outwardly alive and alert even if he could have rolled over and crashed for another few hours, and already dressed for the day; he hadn't bothered to change before flopping into bed.

Approaching the foot of the couch, he nudged Temple's foot. "Rise and shine, Violet. We gotta get goin'."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal