Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Late night noodles  (Read 15571 times)

Offline Tally

Re: Late night noodles
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2012, 10:19:17 pm »
There was a sort of filtering technique when deliberately shielding oneself from the thoughts of others that involved catching only those thoughts that concerned yourself.  It was Temple's default state here lately, so he didn't become overwhelmed with noise and information.  Cyrus's speculation on the habits of Pilots passed the filter, and Temple caught it.  He had to hold back a laugh.

"Yeah.  Why not?  Seems useful, and I wont know how I am with it until I try it.  And..."  Temple sighed, shook his head.  "I don't know how to explain it.  I spend all day talking and explaining things and teaching techniques to the few psychics in Teinar.  I'm restless.  I need something more visceral."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »
"Ya mean visual? Uh, yeah, I guess that'd be that. Ha. And I gotta say, I'd love to see ya out in the field like that. See how a prissy thing like you takes to it."

The timer went off and Cyrus went about slicing the meat up into thin strips and starting up a pan to fry it all in, pouring in a good bit of oil. He motioned to the cupboard. "Grab me some of those spices," he said, and added an an afterthought, "If ya think ya can handle it. You Aedolians got weak stomachs."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2012, 12:07:05 am »
"Sure.  I'll wear my combat skirt."

Temple leaned forward and watched Cyrus go about the cooking.  Like a lot of things, he had no idea about his own skills in preparing food.  Nothing that he saw here exactly jogged any memories.  If he got his hands on some food, he might know what to do with it, or he might not have a clue.

"Yeah?  How many Aedolians you know besides me?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2012, 08:10:58 pm »
Cyrus snorted. "I know one and that's enough," he said. "You're damned high maintenance."

He went about finishing up the meal and then served it onto separate plates--meat, some strange salad made up mostly of their staple mold mixed in with some other leafy plants and covered in some sort of sauce. A separate spicy sauce had been prepared in another pan and he ladled it generously over the meat. Grabbing two sets of chopsticks, he pushed Temple's plate over to him.

"Eat up." He nodded toward the couch. "Take a seat if ya want. I ain't got a table or anything. Ain't real fancy here."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2012, 10:49:49 pm »
"Your problem is you think anyone who wants to own more than two pairs of shirts is high maintenance."  He put air quotes around the last two words.

He was about ready to pounce on that plate and eat it with his hands.  The sauce smelled amazing and—of course—there was that inescapable cave mold again, but fuck if he cared.  Temple took his plate to the couch was already shoveling food into his mouth as he sat down.

"Mm.  F's goohd," he said around a mouthful of food.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »
Cyrus rolled his eyes and took a seat at the opposite end of the couch, plate settled on his knees. He'd barely gotten his first bite to his mouth before Temple was stuffing his face.

He arched an eyebrow, then laughed when Temple spoke. "Ah, so it meets her highness's approval, eh?" He took a bite of food to hide the pleased grin he felt tugging at his lips. Wasn't like he cared what the fuck Temple thought or anything, food was food and he had no choice but to eat it whether he liked it or not, because this was what he had to offer.

"Huh. Maybe there's hope for ya yet. Just slow down a little before ya choke, Violet. That'd be awkward to explain."

Offline Tally

« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2012, 01:01:45 am »
Temple stuffed his face until he had trouble chewing.  Not very dignified, but this was the first time he'd had real food in months!  He was with Cyrus, anyway, eating an unidentifiable slab of meet on an old couch, after having just washed giant bug guts out of his hair.  Dignity had run for the hills a long time ago.

"Mmhmm."  He waited until he'd gotten most of the food down before he attempted actual speech.  "What do I have to do to get you to cook for me more often?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2012, 12:09:05 am »
Cyrus swallowed down a mouthful of food. "Ha, you're not thinkin' of making a habit of this, are ya?" he said, and found himself not really caring if he was.

The thought of teaching the kid useful shit, having him around...it wasn't so awful. Damn. Maybe he'd gone sort of soft after all. The kid wasn't so bad, though. A little shithead sometimes, but not bad, and, well...he couldn't stay locked up forever in some prison cell, could he?

And they had made a pretty good team back there.

"Just don't be a little punkass, I guess, and I'll feed ya."

What could he say? He was a damned bleeding heart beneath it all, and there was something kind of pitiful about the sight of the kid scarfing down food like he hadn't been fed in weeks.

Offline Tally

« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2012, 12:52:27 am »
"Mm.  I'm like a stray cat.  Now I know I can get food out of you, you'll never get rid of me."

He finished well before Cyrus and went back for more.  Getting up and getting himself into the kitchen gave him the opportunity to hide the ridiculous, giddy smile that lit up his face as the prospect of coaxing Cyrus into feeding him like this again.  And again and again.  So what if he'd have to hunt for his own meat?  It was better than sitting in a gray room all day, trying to teach Teinari psychics how to do anything more complicated than levitate a damned rock.

He returned with a much smaller serving, and didn't inhale it quite as fast.  "Deal."

He could handle that agreement, though he had a feeling that he and Cyrus differed chronically on their definition of punkass.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2012, 03:14:43 pm »
Cyrus was still finishing off his first plate when Temple returned with his second, in no rush--because he didn't need to pack on the calories like he may not see another meal for days. That was what also kept him from getting more when he did finish his food; if Temple wanted to finish it off, he could go for it. His skinny ass needed it, regardless of what the kid said.

"Yeah?" He raised an eyebrow at Temple. "Good behavior just like that? Well, shit. I'd say you're less cat and more dog, Violet."

Offline Tally

« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2012, 03:25:45 pm »
He would regret eating this much, but he was in that state of blissful gluttony where he didn't care.  sure, Cyrus said he'd feed him again, but with real meat so scarce who knew when that would be?

"Exactly like a dog.  I'm doing tricks for treats."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2012, 03:29:23 pm »
"...Ya are?" Cyrus leveled a stare at him. "What? Not being a punk?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2012, 03:31:25 pm »
"That's the deal, right?"  Temple sighed and sagged back into the couch.  He was approaching a state where he wouldn't be able to eat anymore.  Approaching it, but not there yet.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2012, 03:33:42 pm »
Cyrus snorted. "I dunno, that's less trick and more obedience trainin', don'tcha think?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2012, 03:39:23 pm »
This conversation had turned weird.  Temple rolled his eyes.  "Fine.  Obedience training.  What will a trick get me?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2012, 03:46:45 pm »
Cyrus shrugged. "I dunno. A bone to chew on? Pat on the head? Praise? More food?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2012, 03:55:39 pm »
Temple groaned.  "More food.  I think I've had all I can take of that."

Fed and safe, he wanted to tip over onto the couch and fall asleep.  Instead, he made himself get up and head back toward the kitchen.  "You cooked, so I'll clean."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2012, 04:05:55 pm »
That nearly made Cyrus do a double-take. "Huh? Really?"

But there Temple went, off to the kitchen, leaving Cyrus blinking in surprise. He hadn't expected that. Temple had made himself so difficult, and was so high maintenance, that he had foreseen the kid expecting him to wait on him. Huh.

...He was not going to complain.

Standing up, he grabbed the plates and set them on the kitchen counter. "Fair enough. Ya even know how to hand wash dishes, princess?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2012, 04:09:09 pm »
Temple stood in front of the sink and stared at it.  "Gosh no.  How does this thing work again?  Make the water go!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2012, 04:15:43 pm »
Cyrus shot Temple a flat look. "Ya turn the knobs. What do ya do in Aedolis? Clap?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal