Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Best Behavior  (Read 12117 times)

Anonymous

Re: Best Behavior
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 10:38:29 pm »
"It could." Christian smirked, carefully sliding off the table, favoring his leg, "But then again, I'm not sure I would want you to in this state. You could really use a shower."

So could Christian to be honest. He was a mess, his blue hair plastered down, dust everywhere, clothes half gone, but there was no point in dealing with that at the moment. Even as injured as Christian was, he still pressed up against Blaine, wrapping his arm around the other man's waist, "One little kiss and I'll let you go."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Tally

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 11:49:30 pm »
Blaine sulked in a moody silence for awhile.  He contemplated not saying anything at all, and he probably shouldn't have, but staying silent when someone pushed him had never been the easiest thing.  He kept his head tilted down, the brim of his hat hiding Christian's face from his view, making eye contact impossible.  Part of him hoped August would be back soon and that his presence would put a stop to this, but even that struck him as disgustingly weak.

It might have been worth it to give in to Christian's demand.  What did Blaine care about kissing, anyway?  It wasn't like it did anything for him.  But he just couldn't make himself go along with a condition somebody else laid on him.  "Why are you bothering me?  I'm not interested in you, so give off already."

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 11:53:43 pm »
"Because I think you are. You just don't want to admit it. Besides, if you don't unbend a little, it'll make it harder for me to figure out what gets you off." Ducking down, Christian closed his teeth over Blaine's ear, ignoring the taste of the dust, biting down.

Offline Tally

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 12:18:53 am »
The sudden sharp needle of pain caught at Blaine's breath, and his self control snapped.  He drove a closed fist downward, right into Christian's recently closed leg wound.  He shoved him backward with his other hand and tried to leap back, out of reach.

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 12:21:30 am »
"Ah! Son of a-!" Christian collapsed, going down hard, his injured leg unable to support him. Hissing, he clutched his leg, laughing slightly, "Well that was an interesting reaction."

The game just got a lot more interesting.

Offline Tally

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2011, 12:44:17 am »
Blaine stepped back and took a shaky breath. An unmistakable flush colored his cheeks.  He stared at Christian, stunned at his own outburst, before shaking himself out of it and averting his eyes.  There was nothing for it but to wait and see if Christian would have him hauled off for striking a superior.

He hadn't even noticed August walking up just as Christian hit the floor.  The doctor strode back into the room, handing Blaine a copy of his x-rays.  "To the next exam room, Pilot Clé."

Blaine hesitated only a moment, glancing at Christian one more time then rushing out of the room with his head down and x-rays in hand.

"Excellent work.  You've managed to break your stitches in a matter of minutes.  Back on the exam table."  August bent to help Christian up, mouth set in a firm line of disapproval.  How long had he left them alone for?  Three minutes?  He didn't bother to hide or curb his irritation.  On top of everything else right now, he had to deal with Pilots brawling in his infirmary.  Outstanding.

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2011, 12:51:30 am »
"It's not my fault. I just wanted you to stick me again." Christian took Augest's arm, hauling himself up, gritting his teeth against the pain, "It's your fault you know. Only ever pay attention to me when I get injured. You can't act surprised that I have to go to such lengths to get you to notice me."

Offline Tally

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 01:10:51 am »
August had to, once again, help Christian up onto the exam table and prepare a local anesthetic and a suture gun.  He didn't know what had happened and he didn't care.  He only knew that Pilots should be able to control themselves in his infirmary.

"Well you're going to get your wish."  He brandished the syringe before Christian and administered it again.  Then came the suture gun, to replace the stitches that had broken.  It had broken open and begun bleeding again as well, so he cleaned it up before applying a fresh bandage.

"Do I need to ensure you and Pilot Clé do not end up in the same exam room again?  If the two of you cannot remain in the same room even when injured, that can be arranged."

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 01:30:45 am »
"No no. I just said something he didn't like. I can behave, Pilot's honor." Christian saluted and gave a cheeky grin, "I'll be an utter angel. Promise."

[hr:2j0dv7uq][/hr:2j0dv7uq]

It had been long enough that most of Christian's wounds had healed up mostly. His leg was still tender and he was off combat missions still, but he was mostly fit. He was headed back toward his room, but he had gone the log way to see if Gabe was home. He hadn't seen his cousin in a bit and wanted to hang out.

But the brat was out, so he had made his way out there for nothing. Damn day was turning into a total bust.

Offline Tally

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2011, 11:36:06 pm »
Getting out of the sensory deprivation tank was an ordeal.  Blaine first had to rouse himself from a deep meditation and climb out of the water.  He had to peel himself out of the wet suit he wore while in the tank and get the sensors unhooked from his head.  They monitored his brainwaves while he had a vision. He had to get himself dressed again and record every image and sound he'd perceived while in the trance state, then scour the visions for symbolism and meaning with Voodoo and a Pilot Royal.  And he had to do all this with his eyes unfocusing, his limbs like noodles, and his head swimming.

When he finally got through with the process and could go back to his rooms, he shuffled out into the hallway with a dark visor shielding his eyes from the light.  He made his way slowly with one hand on the wall, feeling as though he were half moving through a dream.  Sensory deprivation—while relaxing for others, a way of treating stress—left him feeling as though he'd sent his brain through blender.  Two things accelerated his precognition—adrenaline for immediate and quick visions, and sensory deprivation for longer visions of events further in the future.

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2011, 11:43:07 pm »
Christian turned the corner and spotted a dark figure down the hall. A closer look made him realize it was Blaine! What luck! Picking up his pace, he debated the best way to tease him today when he noticed how Blaine was walking.

The guy looked like he had been through hell. Probably in the tank, he had heard about it from Gabe.

Frowning, Christian reached a hand out, "Hey man. Are you alright?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2011, 10:15:54 pm »
Blaine cringed.  All his senses were heightened, including his hearing, and Christian's voice speared right through him.  "Shh," he breathed, and raised a finger to his lips before letting his hand fall back down.  Even texture of the wall felt jagged on his palm, like he was supporting himself against shards of glass, but he preferred it to sprawling on the floor which is what he would inevitably do if he tried to walk without the wall's guidance.

"I just got out of the tank," he mumbled, just a little above a whisper.  "Heh, everything gets intense."  He shambled on, waving a hand at Christian.  "Shoo."

He needed a bit of sleep.  Not a lot, just a couple hours. It was like a reset button, got all his dials tuned back down to their default, normal setting.

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2011, 10:35:22 pm »
Christian immediately lowered his voice, "Hey. You want some help?" He might be a dick, but he wasn't heartless. Blaine looked like he was not doing well at all. Lightly touching his arm, Christian spoke again, voice still barely a whisper, "Let me help you back, okay?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2011, 11:08:03 pm »
"Yeeees."  Blaine's voice came out extra whiny.  Even in his half-delirious state he could hear it.  He didn't really care either.  He felt bad and wanted pity, so there.  Christian's shoulder would make a better walking crutch than the wall, and the other Pilot had blessedly lowered his voice to a non-ear-bleedy volume.

He transferred himself from the wall to Christian and leaned on his shoulder.  He usually had to do this part alone, staggering back to his room to collapse on the bed.  Fortunately his self pity outweighed his pride—or it did in this situation.  It was one of those times he was all too happy to accept sympathy and be glad for it.

"I just gotta lie down for a bit."

Anonymous

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2011, 11:19:20 pm »
"Come here." Christian had been to enough parties where he had to take fucked up friends home. He reached over, grabbing Blaine and with a small grunt, lifted him off his feet. The other Pilot was a bit heavy, but nothing he couldn't handle.

Still talking quietly, he glanced around the hall way, "Which one is yours?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2011, 11:42:52 pm »
"Whoa.  Oh geez."  It was best for him in the long run, not having to walk, but it sure didn't feel that way in the few seconds after Christian picked him him.  The world spun like a top, and he lost track of where the ceiling and floor were for awhile.  The hallway righted itself gradually, turning in slower and slower circles until he could finally tell which way was up again.

"The uh...890AN."  His own clothes were scraping on his skin like sandpaper.  He wanted them off, and wasn't that an ironic thought to be having with Christian here given their past encounters. Yeah, he would just keep that notion to himself. Christian was being pleasant for once and he didn't want to press his luck.

Anonymous

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2011, 11:50:08 pm »
"Alright then." Christian headed down the hall, finding the door and sending a quick request to Raziel to open the door. He felt bad for the poor guy. He didn't really bother to ask where he wanted to go, Christian just decided to treat him like his drunk friends.

Heading into his bedroom, he set Blaine carefully down, "Hey. I'm gonna get your shoes off. You want help undressing?" He grinned, "Don't worry, I promise to behave. You look like shit and are utterly untempting."

Offline Tally

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2011, 11:28:40 pm »
The lights were off in his apartment, leaving the interior dim enough he could stop squinting behind his sunglasses.  Much better than the fluorescent lights of the hallway.  They seared right into him, even with the dark glasses on.

It took an effort not to flop down onto the bed right away, but doing so would have hurt like hell.  He shook his head at Christian.  "Nah, just the shirt."  He really would have liked to come back at that with something witty, but he couldn't think of one darned thing to say.  Nothing intelligent at least.  Even a little bit of wit was beyond him.

Blaine tossed the visor aside so he could peer down at the buttons on his shirt. Even with the dim interior, every color bent outward and blurred with intensity.  He fumbled at the first button, got it undone, then went on to the next.

Anonymous

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2011, 11:38:10 pm »
Christian moved down to the foot of the bed, carefully removing Blaine's shoes. He had plenty of practice and soon they were settled next to the bed. He moved up to help Blaine with his shirt, brushing his hands away, "Hey, just relax, okay? I'll take care of it."

Once the buttons were done, he carefully lifted Blaine, moving him as little as he could, using his telekinesis to work as a third hand so he didn't jostle the other Pilot, "You need anything else? Water?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2011, 04:28:21 pm »
Blaine made a cursory effort to keep at it with his buttons, but it was like he was moving in slow motion and Christian was done with it before he even realized it.  He appreciated the help but like most Pilots, self-sufficiency was a long and deeply ingrained habit to him.  He was used to doing all this himself.

As soon as he hit the bed he started really fading.  He turned over onto his stomach and tried to give Christian an answer. "Mnnah."  It was meant to be a negative.  As in no, he didn't need anything.  He needed to sleep.   And that was his last coherent thought before he got his wish.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal