Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Controlled Limits  (Read 338 times)

Anonymous

Controlled Limits
« on: December 25, 2010, 03:21:45 pm »
GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
It depends on the situation. If I'm looking right at you and you throw a punch at me, I'm probably going to block or dodge it and throw one right back at you. If I know you're there and you throw a punch at the back of my head, I'll do the same - assuming there's some way for me to know what you're doing (e.g. a reflection in a mirror/glass/clean metal/etc., a cry of anger that draws my attention to you, someone shouting for me to look out). On the other hand, if I'm sleeping and you slam a baseball bat into the side of my head...well, there's nothing I can really do to stop that, is there? For the most part, standard power-playing/god-moding rules apply, but again: it really depends on the situation. On the other hand, minor stuff (e.g. poking me, slapping me on the back, nudging/elbowing me out of the way) is probably not going to irk me much. If we're standing their talking and you push me, I'm probably not going to do much until the punches start getting thrown. Just talk to me before I post and I'll say yae or nae; or, ask me before I post if I want you to edit something.

Will do:
Probably minor stuff along the same lines as above. It's pretty much a two-way street; I usually ask before doing anything major or if you want me to change something in the case of a bit of minor power-playing (e.g. saying that you said or did something).

Won't do:
I probably won't do anything major without asking you (as stated above). If I want to bust a baseball bat over your head and laugh as your blood paints the window, I'll ask. If I want to throw you through a brick wall, I'll ask. And so on. I almost certainly won't have you say anything unless it's relatively minor/unimportant (and I'll ask first). In fact, I've only done that once and it was very recent; I had someone's elf insist that my girl eat something because his post expressed that he was concerned with her health (hence the verbal insertion). I asked before he posted whether that was all right and he said nothing about it, so there obviously wasn't a problem with that. But If I do that to you, I'll ask as soon as I've posted (or I'll ask before I finish my post) if you've a problem with it.

Ask me first:
Pretty much what I already said: anything major, any verbalizations, et cetera. You want to post it and then ask me, it's fine; unless it's something totally out of character for me, I'll probably okay it. You want to ask me before you post or before you finish a post, that's also fine.

How far can character injuries go?
Heh. Well, it's almost impossible to 'injure' my character unless he hasn't had any caffeine in a while. Assuming he hasn't, though, minor wounds are okay. Nothing debilitating or major unless you ask me beforehand and I okay it.

Will do:
Probably the same thing as above: I'll ask if I'm going to do anything major, like dislocating your knee cap or breaking your nose. However, as far as what my character will do to yours with permission, depending on the character, it could be anything from sinking a fist into your solar plexus to...well, death. But again, I'll ask before I do anything major.

Won't do:
Depending on the character, there isn't a lot I won't do. However, again, I will ask permission before I do anything major.

Ask me first:
Broken bones/ribs/nose, cracked/bruised ribs, major cuts, anything that'll leave a mark (e.g. black eye, fat lip), anything involving large quantities of blood, death...pretty much anything major. If you swipe a switchblade across my arm, I'm gonna be cut but not incapacitated or disabled. Ripping my arm out of my socket or cutting off my thumb, on the other hand, might make life difficult for me - so ask first.

How far can torture go?
Hm. Well, cutting & such is okay even if it hurts like hell, as long as it's not permanent (e.g. cutting something off) or major (e.g. cutting me open from collar to waist). The rack is interesting. Whipping is okay, I suppose, as are restraints. Electrocution could be interesting to play out. I see you mentioned sexual torture in this form; not sure what you mean specifically, so you'd have to ask first (depends on the RP, mostly).

Will do:
Cutting, the rack, electrocution, dunking you under water, putting salt in your wounds, burning you with things (e.g. brands, cigars)...I may even start cutting things off, like fingers and toes (joint by joint). But, as above, I'll ask if I want to do something to you and how far you want it to go.

Won't do:
Don't start cutting things off (especially...certai n things) and don't do anything that'll permanently maim me. Scars are one thing; having to wear a bandana around my eyes and walk with a cane is something else.

Ask me first:
The most I'm willing to lose is a finger or two (but no more than two), and I'd prefer that kind of maiming to be done on one hand only (e.g. left middle & ring fingers, not left middle & right ring fingers). Also, no thumbs. We humans need those except maybe when in bed with someone. I'd be wiling to lose an eye, depending on the character, but ask me first; an eye patch might look bad-ass, but not everyone wants to go around half-blind. You want me to walk with a limp? Okay, but it depends on the character; as per the field title, ask me first.

What about character death?
I have only very rarely killed off my characters. Whether I allow it or not depends heavily on the character - even more than any of the other fields do. Do I like the character? Do I love the character? Am I ready to finish him off, or do I want him to continue journeying? These are the kinds of questions that concern me as far as this field goes. I have no problem killing your character if we can work out a way to do it that would make sense for my character and yours, but just as I'd ask before posting that I murdered your character, ask before posting that you murdered mine.

Will do:
Not much to say here; see above.

Won't do:
Same as above.

Ask me first:
See above.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
It depends on the character and you'll have to ask me first.

Will do:
Assuming I have a vampire/werewolf/other, I'll ask before turning your character - just like I'd ask before doing anything else that's major to your character.

Won't do:
I won't turn your character unless we've arranged it beforehand and it makes sense for both characters; a three-hundred-year-old ladies' man of a vamp who's wealthy and comfortable living the single life probably isn't going to turn someone unless they're ready to settle down or are extremely good friends with someone and have given it a lot of thought (as an example). Likewise, an immortalesque character who's lived for three hundred years without turning anyone because he feels he doesn't need the help isn't going to turn someone just because they ask.

Ask me first:
Ask me before turning my character into anything other than what s/he already is. Any character I agree to have turned will need to be a character that it would make sense to turn. This is a bit tricky, as it depends on the character. Any kind of agreed-upon turning will require plotting and unless s/he's got a mean/sadistic/psycho streak in him/her (whether hidden or not), s/he's probably not going to be abandoning or killing off his/her family. So, ask me before turning my characters.

What about healing?
If I create a character with a disability of some kind, it's usually for a purpose. For example, I've created blind psychics and a mute who could manipulate sound. Curing one of my characters of something might have unforeseen effects depending on the character, and not just biological or physiological effects.

Will do:
As usual, if I have a healer, I will ask before doing anything major. Well, usually...if you have a gaping wound in your side and you're bleeding out, my healer is going to heal you unless s/he has a reason not to. But if you're blind/deaf/mute/walk with a limp/et cetera, I'll ask before healing.

Won't do:
Only if there's a reason for the healer not to heal with s/he...well, not heal. The reason could be personal or private, selfish or sadistic, or whatever; doesn't matter. If there's any kind of a reason the healer sees not to heal someone, s/he won't heal them.

Ask me first:
If I create a character with a major disability or disease, ask me before curing him/her. As stated above, I sometimes give my characters a disability for character development or some other reason. The major reason that my character would be healed by you would be because s/he is looking to be healed or is extremely unhappy with his/her disability. But yeah, ask me first.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?
I'm not really picky as far as playing things out vs fading to black. You want to play it out, we certainly can; you want to fade to black, that's also fine. As far as sex itself goes...eh, it really depends on the character. For example, though I didn't really put this into his app, Nero is a bit of a ladies' man. Like me, he has a very dirty mind. On the other hand, he probably won't be sleeping with every woman he comes across.

Will do:
Depending on the character, I may be willing to get kinky or do someone straight-up - though, for me, kinky usually means b & d (if you don't know what that is, you probably don't need to). Threesomes I have no problem with, nor do I have a problem with same-sex...uh, sex. I might be willing to give/receive spankings, even with a paddle or whip, but not much else as far as that kind of thing is concerned.

Won't do:
S & m (again, if you don't know what this is, you probably don't need to). I just...don't get it. I mentioned spanking above, but as I said, pretty much anything else is off-limits - no cutting, maiming, making me go blue in the face, etc. You wanna drown someone to make 'em hard, find another partner. You wanna strangle someone during sex, become a serial killer and go target politicians; we need fewer of them in the world anyway. Lawyers, too.

Ask me first:
Pretty much anything related to b & d, I suppose. Anything else I'm fair game for if it looks like the RP is heading in that direction. Plotting is always a good idea in general, but especially where this kind of stuff is concerned. Sometimes, I just may not be in the moor or may not want the character to go down that path, so it's a pretty good rule of thumb to ask me before things get all hot n' heavy. Now, as far as rape is concerned...it depends very heavily on the character. No s & m, though kidnapping/b & d is okay. Spanking with/without implements is okay. Whipping is okay on the back. Torture is okay. However, most rapes will be straight-up and I'll only do this very rarely due to the mental/emotional toll rape takes on people. If we do it, we plot it out completely (or near-completely) beforehand.

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC
Nero
Nothing real specific here, except perhaps in terms of sex. Though this may change in the future if I decide to make him more open (I probably won't), he's straight at this point. He loves the ladies straight-up, not really into a lot of kinky stuff. He might be a little into role-playing, depending on the role, though he'd prefer it if someone actually knew what they were talking about. Screwing someone on the hood of the classic 'stang in your garage isn't as fun if the girl doesn't know the difference between a ratchet and a crescent wrench. The body shop would certainly be a fave of his, but he wouldn't role-play with any kind of 'official' (e.g. cop, fed, bureaucrat) - except, perhaps, a firefighter. No raping my Nero! Though, he may be inclined to rape your girlie...but as with anything else, I'll ask first and he probably won't get too far beyond tradition.

As for power-playing/god-moding, the fields above this one pretty much cover what he wouldn't/wouldn't do and what can/can't be done to him. I'm willing to let someone beat the crap out of him if they want simply because it's almost impossible to actually hurt him, and he might let it go on for a while before he laughs it up and opens up a can of whoop-ass on your character - or he might just get bored and kill you quick. All depends on the character he's RPing with and the RP itself.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal