Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Battle is On (Draconian)  (Read 2120 times)

Anonymous

The Battle is On (Draconian)
« on: July 17, 2010, 01:34:59 pm »
Well, this was interesting. Severak had lost his rifle somewhere in here, so he'd have to go retrieve it after this. If there was an after, of course. He felt his body slightly heavy, and this vampire probably wasn't going to give up. Why was he fighting this vampire? He stole a patient from T.R.I.M., and he figured he got her outta there. However, they managed to get themselves into a rather interesting place. He had seen some beasts wandering around, but they didn't dare come close to these two monsters. Severak had his pistol, but was he using it? No. He was basically brawling with her. He didn't even pause to consider using it.

He chuckled, his radio broken from all the impact it took, and he shook his head. Crap, was it starting to come loose? That wasn't very good. He felt his muscles tense up, and then relax, and allowed them to do this before he launched himself at her. One hand going for her throat, the other going to punch her in the gut. He pushed his legs to move, and allowed his suit to help him speed up a little.

What was happening to them? It felt like they weren't even fighting for a reason anymore... just fighting because they enjoyed it. A true opponent. Was this how it really was?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: The Battle is On (Draconian)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 01:48:17 pm »
That stupid bastard! Mae had followed them. Her honour wouldn’t let her sit back while a patient was stolen. That was money! An investment! And the stupid sneaky guard had stole her! Running away from her hadn’t helped, it turned her feral, her pupils were larger than normal, almost swallowing the white-blue of her iris. Her hands trembled with rage and her lips were pulled back, her fangs white and sharp.

While feral she was slower, a little weaker, not as intelligent. Mae didn’t react until she felt the fist in her gut and the hand around her throat. Irritation flowed through her veins and she grabbed his arm, pressing one foot to his gut for leverage before she let out a loud feral growl and her other foot aimed a kick at his head. His fists wouldn’t hurt her, she’d fed recently before so he could make her bleed. Mae was sure that her veins were so full one good punch in the face would make for a mess.

As it was, he’d given her a reason to feel ashamed, he’d made her fail at her task. She’d let a patient get away and it didn’t matter that she didn’t know where she was, and that she didn’t know how she’d gotten there or how she’d get back. The only thing that mattered was him being crippled, severely wounded, or dead.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:57:49 pm »
Severak felt the blow land, and his neck was around her throat. So she had one of his arms? No big deal. He felt her suddenly try to kick his head, but by actually pulling her closer the blow didn't hit up on his torso, and it was lessened as it smashed into his shin. It might have been lessened, but it still hurt like hell. He used the force of him drawing her closer for him to aim his forehead direction into hers. A headbutt, and he used his body to move forward while dragging her forward.

He didn't feel the blow land or not, but he was sure that it could get worse if he kept her close. He released, and used both legs to kick at her, going backwards. His helmet started to crack, still not revealing any part of his skin. Was it frustrating not seeing the face of your opponent as he fought with you? Was it frustrating that it was not a human, seeing as the blows the vampire had landed could have easily broken a man hundreds of times over?

He chuckled, and then spoke. "I'm somewhat enjoying myself." said his calm, deep voice.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 02:16:01 pm »
The impact of his helmet against her head split the skin open and blood poured down her face, a look of shock was on her face and she was kicked back. Her shoulders hit the ground violently and she shrieked her rage to the sky. The moon was bright, and by the time Mae sat back up the skin on her forehead had healed, though the blood on her face and down the front of her dress was still wet.

Mae stood still while he spoke. While she was a vampire, fighting wasn’t her forte. Still, he was incredibly annoying. She kicked him. And he didn’t even flinch. Sort of. Mae stared and frowned before she rushed forward and pounced on him, quite literally, wrapping her arms and legs around his torso and resorting to tearing at his armor with her teeth. Mae clung to him like a snake, her grip growing tighter with each passing moment.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 02:27:07 pm »
So she was acting like a snake, hrm? He grinned as he felt the pressure start to squeeze the armor, but nothing really happened to him inside. Suddenly, it got hot. Real hot. The armor was turning red it was heating up. Why? Because Severak knew vampires didn't like fire. And so, he overheated the armor with the cooling goo spat on him in the inside, so he wasn't turned into a barbecue. Honestly, how could he continue this fight if he was dead?

He grinned at her dangerously before smashing his head into hers once more, purely out of carnal instinct to harm her. Now that his armor was flaming hot, that didn't really help at all by reducing damage to either of them. He punched her at the throat, and then basically attempted smashing his boot into her shin. What the heck was he thinking?

Now, the helmet was cracked even more.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 02:43:08 pm »
A scream of rage. Stupid! She pushed herself back, feeling the graze of his fist against her neck, felt the smash of his boot against her leg. The skin on her throat, her cheek, her arms and legs sizzled for a time. It smelled like burning skin and she screamed loudly before she froze and just breathed.

Maybe.

The armor.

If she could some how get him out of his armor.

Her hands trembled with pure anger and hate. How dare he do this to her! She may have looked like a young girl but she was still a vampire! She could smash skulls into pieces with her finger tips and she could barely hit this one. “Take off your armor! That’s...” Mae frowned and quickly wiped the blood off of her face, that’s what? Cheating? She couldn’t hit him with armor so hot. So, instead she spread out her fingers, telekinetically picking up every little rock, a few big ones.

There was a crack on his helmet. Mae stared at it and repeatedly she flung rocks at him, she couldn’t hit him with her fists but she could stand around, be pissed off and tremble with rage. “Take off your armor and fight like a man!” Even that sounded lame to her, but she couldn’t rip off his head if he was wearing that stuff.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 02:52:56 pm »
Severak growled angrily, feeling the rocks pelting him dangerously. He hissed, and finally, one hit him dead on the head. There was a cracking, and suddenly the color from the armor was lost, as obviously the helmet controlled it all. He felt it snap in half, and his eyes went wide. No! Not here! He tried holding the two pieces together, but quickly they turned to four pieces, and then more, and more...

Finally, the pieces crumbled to the ground, revealing Severak's face. He had black, short hair, eyes the color of crimson and in the shape of a predators, and teeth... teeth that looked like they could beat a vampire's. He hissed, his features making him look displeased. "Great..." he growled, and then looked at her.

"Satisfied?"

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 03:27:30 pm »
Ha!

Mae smiled dangerously and put her hands on her hips while his helmet broke, of course she was surprised when he wasn’t human. It showed on her face. It was a monster. Mae stared at his teeth, her own mouth falling open in a little ‘o’. Not moving closer she simply watched him, slightly confused before he spoke.

“No!” Mae snarled and moved closer, her steps dainty and careful. “You’re not hurt! You’re not bleeding!” Another step. “You’ve ruined me! I don’t even know where I am!” Mae threw a rock violently, sending it into the ground with a small crater around it. Another growl of rage, “I’m glad your armor is broken! You’re not even a human!”

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 03:35:11 pm »
He was calm as she responded to what happened to him. Yes, he was unharmed. Well, somewhat. He calmly crouched down and picked up a piece of his optical, and then sigh. Well, now the suit was useless. His face looked human enough, if you didn't count the eyes and teeth. He had a brief look of sadness, and then it was gone. He looked up, and found the vampire still there, not attacking. He looked calm, and walked a ways, before sniffing the air.

"We're in the meeting place. It's some sort of safe ground, to some. But for people like us, it's a battlefield, I suppose." Severak said calmly, and then evaluated the situation. There was no true way to find your way back home in here. If you went exactly where you just came out of, you may never find your way out again. This place was just that strange. He felt his arm tingle, and realized it was probably bleeding. Well, it was pretty beaten up.

He sighed, unable to fix it, and then tried to find their position, examining the stars.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 04:07:50 pm »
Her fist clenched and she held it at her side. She had only a few hours before the sun came up, to get back to TRIM. To get anywhere besides here. It was too open. Mae looked around glaring at him when her eyes passed over him. Pissed.

The blood was still wet, it soaked her top and Mae wiped the blood off of it again. All that used energy. A small pant and she closed her eyes for a moment before looking up at the sky, frowning. It’d been years since she’d seen the sky from this perspective and she frowned at it openly. Meeting place. She’d never heard of it.

She stepped closer and her eyes turned to him, frowning. “You’re wounded after all.” A delightfully excited voice and she inhaled deeply. A step closer. It would be so easy to pounce on him, sink her fangs into his neck. Drink. Regain energy. Later.  “Where did you take me.” Mae eyed his neck hungrily before she looked up again. “I’ll kill you if the sun starts to rise and you haven’t figured out how to take me home, Guard.” Still didn’t know his name. It would be easy to pick it from his mind but Mae didn’t want to waste energy she could afford to use up.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 04:17:06 pm »
Severak's eyes moved to lock on her own, and he shook his head. "I didn't take you anywhere." he said simply, and then pried off the armor to his arm, revealing the wound. It was a fairly deep cut, and ran along his wrist. He flexed it, and then took the bandages he usually had, and wrapped the wound. Infection would not occur, due to his strange stamina, so he didn't worry about cleaning it at all. "All I know about this place... is that you never know where you'll end up in here." he growled at her, not too menacingly, but enough to warn her he wasn't too pleased. Who would?

He spotted something of a cave, and realized that he could see a bit of sun. Not enough to really be a threat to the female yet, but still... the sun was peaking, and she would need shade. Or, she would die. Severak moved to the cave, not saying a word, but knew she would have to follow. Until they found a way outta here they would have to kinda work together. Unless, of course, the vampire could find some other way to escape without getting turned into a pile of ash.

But would she take that chance?

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 04:45:09 pm »
Mae eyed his wrist hungrily. Looking from his fast to his arm like he was the sexiest, tastiest thing ever. Watching him wrap it up was almost painful and she looked away, grumpy. Swallowing. “If you didn’t take me anywhere then how did we get here!” Her foot connected with the ground in an almost temper tantrum.

He growled, so she growled back. Hers held a predatory purr and she almost barked at hm when he began to walk away. The big...! Oh. A cave. A frown and Mae looked around, noticing the sky being tinged with light, she hissed and followed him, ready to bash her way through. Of course he didn’t block her way and she stared at him for a moment, pursing her lips.

She moved close to him and curled up, looking rather lost. Her eyes were wide, the predatory gleam was gone and she looked at the man like he could eat her. “What are you and what’s your name, Guard.”

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 05:06:45 pm »
Severak looked down at the female now curled up, and he sighed. "My name is Severak, and my species is what most would call 'Demon'. We're like vampires in the predatory way, hunting for humans. Only, we can handle light, to an extent, and we eat flesh, we don't drink blood." Severak said calmly. He leaned on the wall of the cave, and then looked down at her. She was small, compared to him, and he sighed. "I find it strange that we suddenly fight to the death, and now, as the sun comes up, I find you curled up by my side." Severak said, with a hint of amusement.

He sat down, and then looked at the wound. He had a faster healing speed than humans, but still, it was rather slow. He looked at her, and then relaxed. If she was going to attack him, she would have already done so. Why had he found a female predator so much like him, yet completely opposite in other ways? He sighed, and closed his eyes, listening. He could hear everything she did, and he waited.

For what? Who knew.

(As long as you don't kill him, do whatever you want.)

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 05:40:14 pm »
A sly glare upwards. “Fight to the death? Was that a pun?” Her voice was humorless and she glared off to the side. She was already dead. Something that she’d always had a hard time dealing with, Mae never really enjoyed being dead. It was cold, and it didn’t taste good. The only warmth she ever gained was after feeding.

Severak. A demon. Mae looked at him from the corner of her eye before she huffed but didn’t move. Smug jerk. Mae watched him as he closed his eyes, relaxed, after examining the wound. Mae licked her lips as she stared at it, could smell the blood. The blow to her head earlier depleted a good amount of blood. Mae could feel it crusting her top and she sneered.

Dirty clothing, eugh. Pursing her lips she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, the scent blood made her open her mouth and sigh loudly. Mae stood up and yanked his arm, her grip was loose and she turned it wound side up, leaning over him and pressing her tongue against it. Swiping up. The taste was different, she wrinkled her nose and looked up at him, not paying attention to the wound. If he was immune to her saliva it wouldn’t heal. Mae took another breath and her voice was soft “The scent of your blood is distracting.”

Sitting back she moved to the other side of the cave, looking out to the sky. “You should rest. We can kill one another when the sun goes down. I’m afraid it would be quite unfair. I don’t sleep, I’m sure you’re keen enough to hear if I make any moves to kill you while you’re resting.” Her eyes were ice cold as she looked him up and down, “for the time being, we shall truce and I shall bash your head into a rock at sundown.”

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 05:50:58 pm »
Several watched her carefully, and saw that she licked the wound. He felt... odd. Not from her, technically, but... caused by her. He sighed, and then listened to her words before nodding. He was sensitive to sounds. He moved to the back of the cave and closed his eyes, allowing his body to fall into a slumber, he was now defenseless. Even if he awoke to block an attack, he would still take a moment or two to rouse. But, that was only if she made a sound. So, if she took the right precautions, he'd be dead before he knew it. But Severak now didn't care.

He felt his wound healing as he slumbered, and halfway through the day, he woke. He opened his eyes and shook his head, feeling... drowsy. He shook his head and felt for his helmet, only to realize the situation. He sighed, and looked at the ground. The sun still showed outside, but where was the vampire? Was he just not looking in the right direction, or was she gone?

Somehow, he felt his heart drop.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 06:49:20 pm »
She was curled up her knees to her chin, rubbing her leg. It looked shrivvled, burned. Worse the farther down her leg it went. Her mouth was open in a silent scream and she shuffled down farther, trying to make herself as small as possible. The way the sun was setting, almost let direct light into the cave. A sliver of the back but she didn’t want to be too close to him, didn’t want to touch him.

Desperately Mae wanted to hide behind him and she twitched and squeezed her eyes shut and one last look towards Severak and she let out a wet breath. He was awake. “Cover me! Please!” Her eyes were wide, diluted blood ran down her cheeks like tears. It had to be nearing fall the sun to be going down like this. It was too hot and she rubbed at her chest and held out her hands. “Just for a while. Till there’s more room in the shadows.”

Quite hystarical now she looked outwards towards the cave, her pupils tiny pinpricks before she shuffled back more, there was easily three feet between her and the sun, it wasn’t going to get any closer but the idea of it being closer. Her leg was already burned, it was from the light, so it’d take much longer to heal. “Severak, please.” Another desperate look towards the opening of the cave and she curled into herself tighter, just incase.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 06:58:18 pm »
Severak looked at her injury, and then looked at the light. It was coming close to him, as well. He hissed, disliking the sunlight, and actually disliking the fact that she was harmed. His arm pulled her closer, and he covered her as the sun covered the entire cave in a warm glow, but a scorching glow to the vampire behind him. He kept her safe within his own shadow, and he had the odd feeling again. The cave had about an hour of basking the cave in light, and not once did Severak even twitch, as he was just barely blocking all the light from hitting her.

Once the cave was dark, Severak was wordless, and his form moved. It was almost night. Almost. He looked at the vampire before shaking his head, not believing that he actually protected someone who may try to kill him the moment the sun went down. He sighed, and then wondered what it was that made him do it. Instinct? Maybe. But what part of it? He felt his skin, and felt the fairly nasty burns that were starting to smoke. He said demons could handle it more.

Not that they were immune to it.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 07:42:35 pm »
Confused, Mae stayed still, snuggling closer, making herself as small as possible. Her breath had been rapid and afraid, an automatic reaction, her fingers clung to his chest and she ducked her head forward. Mae was expecting him to throw her to the side into the sunlight. The heat of the light made her skin crawl and she ducked her head down lower.

Then it was over and she pulled away and she looked at him, eyes wide, mouth open. Shock, was written all over her face it took her a moment to notice that he’d been burned by the sun. Her hand reached out, still lily white and touched his shoulder. Why did he listen? Why did he protect her? Mae frowned, felt her lower lip poke out in a distinct pout. “You...” Mae stared, confused, “You’re hurt. Why are you hurt?”

It smelled, she wrinkled her nose and stood up, running her fingertips down his cheeks before touching his hair. “You said you could tolerate the sun.” A distinct frown and she stared at him, wide eyed. She couldn’t read his mind, was she so weak? “I can’t read your mind. The sunlight and the fight has made me weak.” Mae trembled and she stumbled backwards, her dress was messy, the blood stain down her front looked dark brown now that it’d dried.

Swallowing she looked around before pressing herself against a wall and sliding down it, “I want to go home.” Back to the white walls and the familiar people, the familiar smells.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 07:54:34 pm »
Severak watched her before feeling her fingers. They were cool, something that made him feel good after being microwaved by the sun. But all too soon, and the coolness was gone, leaving Severak feel slightly dazed. "I said we could handle it. I didn't say for how long." Severak said, and then put his hand to his cheek, feeling the effects. He saw the state she was in, and he looked at her sadly. Why did seeing her like this make him feel this way? Why did he care for her?! What was happening to him? He looked at her face, and then moved... closer?

Putting a hand on her shoulder, he said nothing, but removed his hand after a time. He slid against a wall next to her, although he wasn't too close. Taking out salve, he passed it to her. "Treat your burn with it, it'll hurt, but you'll heal faster." Severak said to her, and then looked at the ground. He felt odd. Well, besides the burns. Those were usual whenever he took off his helmet and got hit by the sun, so he was slightly used to hit.

But... protecting someone?

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 08:36:16 pm »
Ducking her head down she actually felt a little bad. He was hurt and he saved her life, even if it was over already. Nothing scared Mae worse than the idea of dying, the possibility that she could stop existing and disapear. Her hand moved over her abdomen and she tilted her head back, so many things she’d never experience as a vampire. An undead creature. “I apologise for my misunderstanding, I... I thought the sun affected you like it would a regular human.”

Mae stared blankly at the salve before laughing and gently holding it, looking at it and passing it back. “These things do not work on me. There is no living flesh there to grow back.” turning towards him she moved her hand down her neck and over her shoulder before eyeing him. “I’m a vampire. Only blood will help.” Her look turned saucy and she moved closer, standing so she could lean down and look at him, “Just a sip.” She eyed him, his lips, his neck. “It’d make me all better.”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal