Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Boredom is a symptom [Open]  (Read 1909 times)

Anonymous

Re: Boredom is a symptom [Open]
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 05:11:07 pm »
Zelph kinda wished he could just lie on the ground and go to sleep. He could, but he'd already started this "quest" to attach Vex's arm back on. (He could nap after that, right?) He looked down at the arm. Never thought he'd be standing around holding some dude's arm and trying to reattach it.

"What exactly are you?" Zelph asked as he did what he was told. He took the right arm and he dragged it up to the right shoulder. He didn't ask in disgust or surprise. Just mild curiosity. He was accustomed to all kinds of weirdness, living in Teinar. But he'd take Teinar's weirdness (read: cure for boredom/interesting) over any other place. Particularly Edanith. He'd heard what they liked to do with mages. Like hell he was going to be some asshole's bitch. He loved his magic and he'd use it whenever he damn well pleased.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 05:27:20 pm »
Vex felt his arm close to the shoulder, and the thing that held the rest of him together, mainly his soul, really, filled the arm once more, and it began to move. He listened to the question of Zelph, and he used his arm to rise up. "Well, I could be called many things. Ghost, wraith, demon, blah blah blah. But really you could just call me a dead person who's soul had vengeance at one point and being unable to fulfill said vengeance, wandered the world and took on a form by absorbing the essence of shadow." Vex said, and sighed.

He took his other arm and slung it over his shoulder, tired, and not wanting to really deal with the second arm. He shook his head and fixed his hood, giving him the same appearance, minus the arm, as before. He looked at Zelph. "You can just call me a Shade, if you need to." Vex said, and rose to his feet. He swayed, and then steadied himself.

"Now, how the hell are we going to get back?"

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 06:20:49 pm »
After a moment, Zelph also got to his feet. He could really use a shower right now. He felt filthy and disgusting. Not to mention smelly. He checked for his weapon, then gave the surrounding area a look.

"What about the transport?" It was still sitting there, although it was now completely devoid of people and bugs. Or seemed to be. For the most part, it seemed to be intact, but then, it had been just out of reach of Zelph's ill-advised explosion. He glanced back down the blasted tunnels. That took care of that! Or so he hoped. Last thing he wanted was revenge of the giant bug monsters. The word revenge reminded him of what Vex had said. His thirst for some kind of vengeance was so strong that he'd become this? He didn't ask why or how. Not his business. Instead, he stepped into the transport. The driver was gone. All that was left were a few random body parts and packs people had brought along and hadn't kept secured to their bodies.

Zelph kicked a nearby one and then he leaned forward over the pilot's seat. "Know how to get one of these things moving?"

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 06:26:34 pm »
Vex watched Zelph as he entered the craft, and grinned. "There aren't many things I don't know how to do." Vex said, and kicked the few body parts out of the craft before closing the door, and stepping into the pilot's area. There was another seat, if Zelph so wished to sit there. Vex took position on the main pilot's side, and he checked everything. "The hull has sustained a bit of damage... but nothing serious. Check... check... good, we're set to get moving. Hold on, I don't remember the last time I tried to drive one of these things." Vex said, and looked at his left arm. Well, this would be interesting.

He started the engines up and did a second quick check of everything, and content that they had enough fuel and power to get to the city without crashing, he got it into a hovering position. Clicking the engines, they shot off, fairly smoothly, but still with a bit of turbulence as Vex was trying to drive with one hand. "Ah, haven't lost my touch." Vex said.

It was interesting to fly one of these again... Suddenly, he wanted to do it more.

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2010, 12:05:02 am »
Zelph plopped into the extra seat with no complaints. He was no pilot; he didn't know how to get the thing moving and since Vex did, it was all his. He searched through his things for a moment before finding the old job sheet and wishing he could spit on it.

"Well. At least we made it out of that one alive." He tucked it back away and leaned his head back against the seat. Jeez, he was tired. "So, nothing you don't know how to do. How did you come by this particular knowledge? Used to be a pilot once in your 'hey-day'?"

He reached around down the aisle and dragged one of the packs closer. Rummaging through it, he found an old bag of jerky. He didn't much care what it was made of. He opened up the bag and took a bite. Not bad. He shook the bag and offered it to Vex. "Do Shades eat?"

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2010, 01:02:04 am »
Vex grinned at Zelph, and shook his head, not taking his eyes off the path ahead of them. "No, when I died I was a farmer. Back when there were no such things as vehicles, just wagons, things like that." Vex replied, and chuckled. Eventually he found himself staring at a piece of jerky, and he sighed. "However much I'd love to eat, I can't. I lack both a tongue and a stomach." Vex said, and shrugged. It was a weird life he lived.

He found himself shaking his head, exhaustion taking effect. This had been one of the greatest days of his life, he had to admit. "I truly hope that we get to do this more often. Although throwing a fireball at a queen that was inflated was not the most wonderful idea... it worked. And I got my revenge, hehehe." Vex said, and looked at him.

It was almost like they were friends.

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2010, 01:35:02 am »
Zelph blinked at Vex's unexpected answer. A farmer? Was he being serious? Or was he shitting him? Either way, it was hard to imagine the Vex he knew now as a farmer. And back before there were vehicles? What planet was he from? Or was he really that ancient? If he was really old, Zelph supposed it all made sense that he knew a lot of things. With age came wisdom, and all that. Setting the bag of jerky on his lap, Zelph finished one strip and took out another, chewing on it thoughtfully.

"Hey, it was either burn the bitch or..." His words trailed off as he looked back at Vex. "What? You got your revenge? You mean from those bugs? Or do you mean something else?" Duh, why would he mean the bugs?

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2010, 01:46:27 am »
Vex grinned at Zelph. "Honestly, I was a farmer." he said, and chuckled. That reaction was good, everytime. When Zelph spoke of what his vengeance was, he grinned. "You think about what happened after we came outta there alive, and before my arms fell off." Vex said, grinning. He was talking about when he punched Zelph in the face, seeing as that was basically the vengeance he got. But honestly, it was not fun being turned into a ragdoll.

Vex sighed, and as he saw civilization again, pondered on the landing. Usually people used two hands, one to steer, the other to activate everything. Good god, this was going to be fun. Using a foot, he kept the wheel steady and started hitting switches, eventually prepping it for landing. He approached the area from where they had taken off with this craft, and landed it rather gently, although the bit of shaking was quite startling. He eventually sighed, and taking his left arm again, he got up.

"Well, we're back..."

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2010, 04:01:51 am »
"What happened after...? And before...?" Zelph looked at the one arm that was piloting the transport. What had happened after they turned out alive but before the arms fell off? Oh right. He touched his tender face. It seemed most of his body had escaped whole but not entirely unscathed. "Oh yeah. Thanks for the punch." At least he was a man (shade?) of his word? For a moment, he looked out the window, idly chewing on a third jerky piece. Hey, nearly being killed could make a guy hungry!

The familiar scenery of the city overtook the old wastes and it was obvious they had arrived. Good. He could get his cash, take a shower and get something proper to eat. And then he'd sleep. Probably a good 24 hours at this rate of exhaustion. For a moment, he thought they were gonna bite the dust as the vehicle shook, but it eventually stopped--safe and mostly sound.

"And alive. How lucky is that? How many went in? And we're the only ones to come back..." He turned to look at the aisles of the transporter, still littered with junk, but no live people. He wondered if he ended up killing people in that blast. Probably not.

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2010, 10:21:19 am »
"Hehehe." Vex said after Zelph realized what he was talking about. It was amusing that he actually kept his word on that, seeing as he had completed the mission with that. And like Vex said, he never backstabbed Zelph, did he? Mostly he had been along for the ride, and just used Zelph's powers to get a plan started. Heck, they didn't even see most of the hive, just a path mostly to the queen. He sighed before stepping off the ship and attaching his arm, figuring it was worth the drain in energy to not freak people out and possibly get arrested.

Groaning and stretching, he figured that today's adventure was the best he had in his memories. He chuckled, and turned his gaze to Zelph. "I don't think i'll look at insects the same. You?" Vex said with a grin, and shook his head. Now he was just thinking of crashing at his place, and regaining the energy he needed. Only... he never really slept...

So it would be quite boring.

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2010, 03:12:07 pm »
"Did you ever look at insects in a certain way?" Zelph asked, feeling cheeky. He grinned as he said it, exiting the ship with an odd sense of camaraderie. He supposed that was how most people who ended up being the only survivors felt. He tossed the bag of jerky into his seat and started towards the old merc guild, though he stopped for a moment when his leg cramped up.

"Remind me to warm up before I do anything like that again." He massaged the back of his leg for a moment, waiting for the muscles to relax, and then he was on the move again. "At least we're getting paid. I get to stay in my shabby little place for another couple of months. Yay, me."

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2010, 03:32:23 pm »
Vex grinned back at Zelph, seeing as he was acting strangely positive. When he first met him he was quite hostile, although curious. Always curious. Never really happy, though. He chuckled at the memory and followed behind Zelph, thinking along the way. Would they meet again? Probably, they both worked for money, so they were mercs, and mercs could always meet up with one another quite quickly. "Heh, think we'll see each other in the future? On a mission?" Vex asked, strangely curious and not wanting to dig through his mind. Usually, he did. Why not now?

Maybe, for once, Vex had actually found a friend. It wasn't too far-fetched, but it really depended on Zelph at this point. Vex wanted to see him again, seeing as they had quite the time. Maybe, if they went on more adventures, they'd be able to develop some sort of way to work with each other. Vex was more of a 'warrior', seeing as he specialized mostly in melee combat, could feel no pain, and had weaponry that were bigger than some people. Zelph? Probably a 'magician', as he seemed to specialize in fire magic. And his weapon wasn't too large...

Ah, Vex was over thinking again.

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2010, 08:40:06 pm »
His yay, me was slightly sarcastic, yes. But he meant it. He was glad to have done the job, survived the job, and now he'd be rewarded handsomely--even with his fifty percent, that was a lot of dough to carry around. He'd not just have his shabby place, he'd also have some extra currency to go and blow on something random. Maybe a new weapon. Something like that. Or better yet, some new spell book.

"Probably," Zelph said after a moment of thinking about it. If they both worked in the same line, visited the same place, even got sent to the same job, well then. It'd be impossible to not run into each other again. "If I see a job that screams you, I'll just put up a notice on the bulletin board or something. And if you see something perfect for a fire mage, you can put up a notice. Or, you know, we could skip all that crap and I'll just give you this." He searched through his pockets before finding a scrap of old paper--a receipt from a past job--and he scribbled on the back. "My 'shabby' place. I think I'm taking a few days off myself. Before I go charging into a new job."

That was, unless there was something exciting going on when he dropped by the guild for his money.

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2010, 01:10:30 am »
Grinning, Vex thought about it. Yeah, they'd eventually see each other, especially if they were looking out for each other to go get jobs. Besides, they seemed to get some wild fun out of being with each other. Between Zelph's attitude, Vex's foresight, and their combined might, they made it hell for many things that stood in their way. Especially insects. Vex nodded, and then found himself taking a note of Zelph's home.

"Sounds like a plan- but... You live close to my place." Vex said, not believing himself. He pondered, and then figured out his own address. Yeah, he lived... well, not too far. Enough to walk and get there within a few minutes. Vex passed this information to Zelph telepathically, too lazy and too unstable to try to write. Too much energy loss, still, apparently.

Time to grab their reward and head home.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal