Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Saya's limits  (Read 287 times)

Anonymous

Saya's limits
« on: May 15, 2010, 05:41:27 pm »
Yeah, so the big red rpg red line...?

GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
[For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?]

Will do: Moderate godmoding

Won't do: Pointless fights, mockery or unnecessary violence (unless I know you), competition

Ask me first: If we have an arranged plot, I will be quite lenient

How far can character injuries go?
[How much can another character injure yours? For instance, are you okay with someone stabbing your character before your character can react ("He lunged at him and stabbed him in the shoulder."), or do you prefer to be able to react first ("He slashed the knife at him.")? Should injuries be superficial (flesh wounds), or do you mind more debilitating injuries (like, say, broken bones or lost limbs)?]

Will do: Most injuries - moderate to severe.

Won't do: Gruesome injuries, one-upmanship battles, graphic nasty ends, dramatic deathbed scenes

Ask me first: Death. The character may bore me, so death might be on the cards in the end, and I won't shy away from it, but please ask me first. Most death-coming-back-from-deaths will be off the cards, apart from Nayeri.

How far can torture go?
[Even if the character being tortured is helpless, the player is not. So what are your limits in regards to it? How far can it go? Cutting? Whipping? Shocking? Restraints? Psychological games? Sexual torture? Etc.]

Will do: Minor torture, referred or fade to black but not shown. Most forms of psychological torture.

Won't do: Heavy torture, explicit sexual torture or degradation. Anything particularly sickening.  

Ask me first: Referred but not shown heavy torture or degradation, sexual or physical. Torture that will have lasting impacts, such as scars, amputation or blindness, for example. Confinement. Anything that will alter the character's status or abilities.

What about character death?
[Do you mind killing off characters? Or should players always ask permission before attempting it?]

Will do: Death

Won't do:

Ask me first: Death. If I do think it fits, I will kill 'em. I will say if I'm okay with them meeting their maker (would that be me) but each to their time.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
[Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?]

Will do:

Won't do:

Ask me first: Do. It's kind of a no for me, but with human characters... maybe. Most alien characters will be a 'no'.

What about healing?
For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.]

Will do: Plot-centered healing, minor wounds

Won't do: Non plot healing, such as blindness or deafness, which I feel part of the character

Ask me first: ~

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?
Nothing hugely explicit. I don't mind playing it out, and although I do find rape a bit sensitive, I'm not overly sensitive. I don't mind about abusive/violent relationships, if dealt with sensibly.

Will do: Sensible sexual situations, some sensitive material, such as rape or violence, if written maturely and realistic about how sensitive the topic is.

Won't do: Anything too coarse or graphic.

Ask me first: Of course, any violent or non-fade-to-black material is okay, but should probably be put past me first

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal